Author Topic: Inactive  (Read 32088 times)

Offline rflux

• Trade Count: (0)
Inactive
« on: Sun, 30 October 2011, 01:47:28 »
Moderator, please delete this thread.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 March 2016, 21:50:09 by rflux »

Offline RColinTaylor

Wait, what?
I like my Browns more than my Blues.

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
You heard him, he said Ducky's are rare.

EDIT: I should've used DUCKYs there.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 October 2011, 02:13:35 by kaiserreich »

Offline RColinTaylor

Quote from: kaiserreich;442130
You heard him, he said Ducky's are rare.

I should let Tankguys know they sell liquid gold.

Offline Gin

Quote from: RColinTaylor;442132
I should let Tankguys know they sell liquid gold.

Is liquid gold worth more than solid gold?

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
When I saw rare..I was hoping to buy some white tenkeyless duckies.. no luck darn it :Cry:
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline rflux

How aren't they rare when only one other person (in North America) sells them?  These are only being sold in Canada, also; where nobody else is selling them.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
Quote from: rflux;442137
How aren't they rare when only one other person (in North America) sells them?  These are only being sold in Canada, also; where nobody else is selling them.

Only Amazon.com in the US is selling Filco keyboards.  Are Ducky keyboards as rare as Filco keyboards on Amazon?  There are no Filco dealers in Canada.  Canadians can't even buy Filcos from amazon.com.

Welcome to Geekhack.

Offline RColinTaylor

Quote from: rflux;442137

They aren't "rare" because nobody sells them. People sell them at the same velocity that people sell Leopolds, Filcos, and other Mechanical Keyboards.

Offline flyball

you can buy a ducky year of the rabbit, shipped, from pchome for slightly over 140. sorry for that but you asked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline rflux

Quote from: litster;442146
Only Amazon.com in the US is selling Filco keyboards.  Are Ducky keyboards as rare as Filco keyboards on Amazon?  There are no Filco dealers in Canada.  Canadians can't even buy Filcos from amazon.com.

Welcome to Geekhack.

Thanks litster.  I've been perusing Geekhack the past few months but hadn't yet registered.

From personal searching I've learned that finding a mech keyboard in Canada is near impossible.  You have to import from the US or another continent.  I've never seen a Ducky for sale anywhere but Tankguys.net and Asian sites, so I'd say they're as or more rare than Filcos are in North America.  Canada for certain.  I ended up getting a bunch of boards for myself and friends straight from Ducky also with the intent of helping out fellow Canadians

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
I don't think Duckys are rare.  They are certainly not as sought after as Filco or even Leopold.  For Canadians who want a Ducky or are looking for a backlit keyboard like the Shine, but can't buy from anywhere else or can't read enough Chinese to buy from sites in Taiwan, you could be a good option.  Good luck.

Offline rflux

After testing the Ducky's I find myself overly impressed with the quality and craftsmanship.  I have used one of the newest Leopold's and the Ducky's surpass them in quality.  I have heard that older Ducky's like the tenkeyless were faulty in a few ways, but Ducky has since remedied this.  Ducky certainly hasn't yet developed a solid reputation in this hemisphere like Filco and Leopold have, but that's largely because of the limited availability of Ducky's over here.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
It will help you to add some pictures of your product. Keep in mind that several guys around here have golden gold boards and those are not duckies
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 October 2011, 04:22:43 by cactux »
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
Quote from: rflux;442153
After testing the Ducky's I find myself overly impressed with the quality and craftsmanship.  I have used one of the newest Leopold's and the Ducky's surpass them in quality.  I have heard that older Ducky's like the tenkeyless were faulty in a few ways, but Ducky has since remedied this.  Ducky certainly hasn't yet developed a solid reputation in this hemisphere like Filco and Leopold have, but that's largely because of the limited availability of Ducky's over here.

quack
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline peda

Quote from: dante;442215
No Ducky Alps?

Those are imo the really interesting ones at the moment from ducky.

But generally said: the more quack, the better!

Offline rflux

Quote from: dante;442215
No Ducky Alps?

Nope, no Alps.  Those weren't even mentioned to me when getting all these boards.

Offline rflux

Ducky Channel International Co. Mechanical Computer Keyboards /w Cherry Switches
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 01 November 2011, 21:27:27 »
Bump and edit:  Purchase more than one item and get a discount.

Offline Chalky White

Ducky Channel International Co. Mechanical Computer Keyboards /w Cherry Switches
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 02 November 2011, 15:40:07 »
Interested in a 9008 Shine w/ browns and Ducky wrist rest....how much of a discount will those 2 items get me?
Shipping would be to 97217 USA.

Offline rflux

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 02 November 2011, 23:51:42 »
Sorry, forgot to say that the discount only applies to two or more keyboard purchases!  Will update original post.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 03 November 2011, 01:53:58 »
I'm just glad I moved to the states before i picked up my keyboard fetish if this is the case.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline NguyenAdam

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 03 November 2011, 12:05:14 »
Dangit, you are in Canada. The shipping would be too much for a wrist rest.

Offline rflux

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 03 November 2011, 22:14:08 »
Quote from: NguyenAdam;444949
Dangit, you are in Canada. The shipping would be too much for a wrist rest.

It'd probably be $10-15

Offline RetroHollywood

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 16:23:55 »
I am really interested in the year of the rabbit edition, but as said earlier it could be had for cheaper on PChome.  If OP drops the price I might be able to make a deal.

Offline rflux

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 21:27:29 »
Already have a potential buyer on the Rabbit, sorry!

Offline RetroHollywood

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 07 November 2011, 19:50:31 »
Rabbit Edition should be on the way to me.  I will post a review and detailed pictures when it arrives, since there seems to be very limited information (in English) about it.

Offline rflux

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 02:44:34 »
Quote from: RetroHollywood;447678
Rabbit Edition should be on the way to me.  I will post a review and detailed pictures when it arrives, since there seems to be very limited information (in English) about it.

True that.  You're going to love it.  Parting with it was difficult :(  I was heavily considering keeping it for myself.

Offline jefferysanders

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 08 November 2011, 08:25:32 »
Still have ducky shine browns?  Any REDS shines available?

Offline rflux

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 09 November 2011, 00:41:33 »
Yep, still have four Shine's with browns I believe.  And no I don't have any Red Shine's.  Could be months before I do.

Offline rflux

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 18:15:18 »
Stock updated.

Offline rflux

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 16:53:43 »
Remember:  Email me at mechboardscanada@gmail.com for faster correspondence.

Offline kjy112

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 17 November 2011, 15:37:51 »
Quote from: cactux;442158
It will help you to add some pictures of your product. Keep in mind that several guys around here have golden gold boards and those are not duckies

Yes, would like to see some pictures as well.  What are Golden Gold Boards?

Offline rflux

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 01:37:18 »
Only reason I haven't uploaded any photos is because you can find quality pictures if you just Google the model of keyboard.  My pictures would be nearly identical.  I guess I could link to them.  

I think golden gold boards was an attempt at denouncing the quality of Ducky keyboards or something.  Fail.

Offline RetroHollywood

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 19 November 2011, 10:39:49 »
I ordered the YOTR from rflux, and received it in about a week despite international shipping.  He was very responsive and helpful via email.  The keyboard came unharmed, though the packaging was a bit sloppy (my only complaint).  I would definitely order from this guy again.

EDIT: There is now a full review in that section of the forums.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 November 2011, 00:34:22 by RetroHollywood »

Offline rflux

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 03:40:04 »
Yeah, I wish I had cardboard boxes just big enough to slide the keyboard boxes into for better shipping protection.  Unfortunately anything I do have on hand is significantly larger than the keyboard box and would increase shipping costs.

Glad you're happy with the Ducky!  No lie, every person I've sold one to is blown away by how great they feel and by the build quality.

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 07:51:56 »
Please tell me you got some White versions! =)

Offline rflux

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 21 November 2011, 02:16:43 »
Sadly... I only had one, and sold it to that Retro Hollywood guy up there ^^^

Offline audukent

Shinerrrr
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 22 November 2011, 23:04:38 »
Totally emailed you and got no response! haha

Looking for a shine with brown switches!  Also with a wrist rest too :)
[LZ-GH - 62g mx greens and 62g mx clears]    [Ducky Shine - mx browns]    [RACE mxMini - mxreds]  [POKER II - mx Blacks]    [KPAD - 62g mx blacks]

Offline rflux

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 23 November 2011, 03:22:10 »
Replied!  Sorry, occasionally I'm only able to check my email once per day.

Offline Talfrey

Just ordered a board!
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 25 November 2011, 02:29:12 »
Just placed an order with this fella for a Ducky Shine with Cherry MX Browns.

I'm waiting with bated breath for a tracking number!

(Actually a little worried with no replies to my payment in 16 hours, giving another 8 before I worry though)

Offline rflux

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 14:21:27 »
I am a human with a job, friends and life as well as having this Ducky thing going on.  If you don't hear from me for a period as little as 12 hours - don't worry.  It's normal.  I may be sleeping, or eating, or pooping, or doing something else humanly.  Your keyboard is on it's way!

Offline Talfrey

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 19:03:34 »
Quote from: rflux;459261
I am a human with a job, friends and life as well as having this Ducky thing going on.  If you don't hear from me for a period as little as 12 hours - don't worry.  It's normal.  I may be sleeping, or eating, or pooping, or doing something else humanly.  Your keyboard is on it's way!

NO! No humanity! Or pooping!

Sorry if I'm a little paranoid, I kinda just got ebay scammed a week ago, so I'm a tad skittish.

One thing, I didn't receive an email from you with the tracking number, is there one? If so, mind sending it to me?

Thanks for dealing with me, a terrible customer.

Offline rflux

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 02:44:41 »
Bizarre... Suddenly I can't post while browsing in Chrome.  Never had this problem before.  I'm now using Firefox.

Anywho.  Thanks Ripster!  Tips always appreciated.  And to the fellow above, I shall email you your tracking number within one day.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 27 November 2011, 02:48:03 »
Since this is an on going business, isn't  better for you to ask iMav to have your own space in the vedor forum?

Offline rflux

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 01:30:03 »
Huh, didn't know that was an option.  Thanks for the tip.

Was anyone else having trouble with the Geekhack site the past few days?  I was unable to post anything in Chrome (still can't) and the site was crashing Firefox.  Working in Firefox now.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 01:59:32 »
Quote from: rflux;460505
Huh, didn't know that was an option.  Thanks for the tip.

Was anyone else having trouble with the Geekhack site the past few days?  I was unable to post anything in Chrome (still can't) and the site was crashing Firefox.  Working in Firefox now.

They had some issues, for me it works okay, Try to clean your coockies just in case

Offline rflux

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 00:03:58 »
Update, biatches!  I now have Ducky Shine's with red backlighting and red switches.  And various others as well.

Offline BiscuitGeek

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 15:25:06 »
Hi everyone. I was searching for a distributor of these keyboards in North America and decided to go with rflux because of his location in Canada would mean less shipping hassle... plus support the 'local' guy!

I ordered the Shine (Browns) from him and received it without problem. Even got an extra loud Cherry Blue MX keychain that I can take to work!

I'm extremely pleased with the product and the service providing the product.

Once again, thanks rflux!

Offline rflux

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 16 December 2011, 03:08:10 »
Quote from: BiscuitGeek;471583
Once again, thanks rflux!

You're welcome, yo!

Quote from: dante;471752
*yawn* if you really want to be a big timer, import some Ducky 1087 Green Alps son!

Good thinking... I'll see if that's an option.

Offline rflux

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 30 December 2011, 22:53:26 »
I now have rubber O-rings for sale.  They're made of Buna-N rubber.  Very good stuff.  $18 for one set.  Fits any Cherry MX keyboard.