Author Topic: Fully Mechanical Corsair Keyboards  (Read 3125 times)

Offline Hellfire29

Fully Mechanical Corsair Keyboards
« on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 21:03:36 »
I emailed Corsair about getting a fully mechanical Corsair K90 a while ago, they responded back with "A new range of keyboards are being released soon".
Naturally, I emailed right back asking when, after two emails, I got back two responses this morning. One said they'd be out early December, which seemed suspicious seeming as that was the time when the currently announced models are being released. However, the second one stated there would be new keyboards and mice in Q2 2012.
Guess we might get a taste of the sexy K90 in a fully mechanical form.

Offline slueth

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 21:11:54 »
I can hope that it will be fully mechanical and they fired the guy that decided to make it partially mechanical.

Offline Hellfire29

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 21:19:50 »
I think it'll be fully mechanical. I've got another email, up to three now.
Here is the content of all the emails:
First:
Me: "Can the Corsair K90 keyboard be modified so that it's entirely mechanical? If not, is there any chance of a fully mechanical version being released in the future?"
Corsair: "We will have diff model of keyboard in the future so this will be something we will consider thank you."
Me: "Do you have an ETA on this new model? Will it be before Christmas?"
Corsair: "Yes these should be available early December. Thanks"

Second:
Me: "Are any full mechanical keyboards going to be released? If so, when?"
Corsair: "We are working on the roadmap and we will have more keyboard and mice coming in Q2 2012 thank you."

Third:
Me: "When is the new range of fully mechanical keyboards likely to be released?"
Corsair: "These should be available early next month. Thanks"

So, either next month or Q2 2012.
If it's next month, they must only be doing one run and rapidly changing to a fully mechanical board.

Offline slueth

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 21:22:14 »
Eh, what we need is someone to create a anodized Mini case and a tutorial on how to convert a full sized unicomp to a mini.  I saw someone post a mod a full to a mini by cutting the numpad off.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2011, 21:25:02 by slueth »

Offline slueth

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 21:23:03 »
That sounds awesome hellfire.  I will wait for the fully mechanical to come :D  Its seemed like the perfect keyboard till i saw Rubber Domes.  I would be okay if it was topre because those last a long time but rubber dome are meh.

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 00:51:30 »
I would want that model M immediately. With Win 7, I had to give up the model M since the shortcuts using the Windows key is so useful.
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 01:19:35 »
Quote from: Hellfire29;460378
I think it'll be fully mechanical. I've got another email, up to three now.
Here is the content of all the emails:
First:
Me: "Can the Corsair K90 keyboard be modified so that it's entirely mechanical? If not, is there any chance of a fully mechanical version being released in the future?"
Corsair: "We will have diff model of keyboard in the future so this will be something we will consider thank you."
Me: "Do you have an ETA on this new model? Will it be before Christmas?"
Corsair: "Yes these should be available early December. Thanks"

Second:
Me: "Are any full mechanical keyboards going to be released? If so, when?"
Corsair: "We are working on the roadmap and we will have more keyboard and mice coming in Q2 2012 thank you."

Third:
Me: "When is the new range of fully mechanical keyboards likely to be released?"
Corsair: "These should be available early next month. Thanks"

So, either next month or Q2 2012.
If it's next month, they must only be doing one run and rapidly changing to a fully mechanical board.

It just sounds like standard clueless support answers. A "mechanical board" is coming in december is all you should get out of it.
1st rep seem to be talking about the "new model" as the regular K60/90
2nd rep just talk about possibility of more keyboard in the range next year. No confirmation that they are fully mechanical.
3rd seems like they think what's coming in december (K60/90) is "fully mechanical"

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 22:04:53 »
Quote from: diqkiq;460491
I would want that model M immediately. With Win 7, I had to give up the model M since the shortcuts using the Windows key is so useful.

Just map some key you never use to the windows key. I've got right control done like that since I literally never use it. I use mostly vintage boards where that is an issue, well if you want to use those shortcuts anyway.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)