Author Topic: Classified Forum Rules Discussion Thread  (Read 24850 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Classified Forum Rules Discussion Thread
« on: Sun, 08 April 2012, 20:02:49 »
This is a thread for discussing the rules declared and enforced for the classifieds forum. Below is a copy of the classifieds forum rules as of 5/23/12. Please note that early posts in this thread may refer to iterations of the rules that are no longer stated in this thread. Best to start at the end if you wish to continue discussing either the content or enforcement of rules in the classifieds forum.

These rules are subject to change, so please check this thread periodically. If you take offense to any of these rules, please PM Quarzac with your concerns.

1) Threadcrapping: If you aren't interested in buying from a seller, STAY OUT OF HIS/HER THREAD. Repeat offenders put themselves in danger of moderator action.

2) Bumping: Posts that consist of nothing but the word "bump", "ttt", "top", etc. are not acceptable posts, regardless of the forum. If you cannot think of a way to add useful information to a FS/WTB/FA thread, do not add a post to the thread. This new information does not have to be earth shattering, but each new post in a thread should add information to that thread. In addition, please allow 24 hours between posts to your own threads that are not responses to interested parties.

3) Thread Closure: To be fair to other sellers, please close your threads once both parties in a transaction have left iTrader feedback.

4) Method of Sale: We will not regulate method of sale. Instead, we encourage members to "vote with your dollars". If you don't like the method that a user is using to tell his or her item, don't buy it! Ignore it, and let the thread sink.

5) Conflict resolution: CAVEAT EMPTOR. Moderators will not step in to mediate deals gone bad. BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING/SELLING ON THIS FORUM! We accept no liability and will provide no services to buyer or seller short of providing a forum for advertisements and a method for buyer/seller feedback. On that note, we highly encourage buyers and sellers to reference their own feedback ratings (heatware, ebay, etc), in addition to iTrader.

Posts disobeying these rules may be subject to moderator action.

Thanks folks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 May 2012, 09:06:00 by mkawa »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 02:45:51 »
1) agreed.  don't like the price, don't bad mouth it
2) what is the guideline for bumping?  Is once a day OK?  Once every other day?
3) this sounds much better than what was originally there.
4) I hated people changed the original price to SOLD.  This is good
5) this sounds like an opinion.  what is the rule here?

the last part, it needs to be more clear.  With what you are saying here, you mean my classifieds thread could be deleted without warning because someone threadcrap on it?  As I mentioned somewhere else, it is better for mods to leave a note as to why certain action was taken, so the offender or other readers know what caused the action, so they know what not to do in the future.  Blindly deleting something without any explanation will just create more confusions and questions.  In this case, transparency is very important.

In general, I applaud the more open dialog that the previous iron fist approach.  I understand this is a privately run forum.  But a diplomatic approach will go a long way in getting people to follow the rules happily.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 02:52:50 »
2)do it like ocn. exactly 24 after your last bump you can bump again.

3) i say keep it open until item is received.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 02:53:54 »
OP updated. this list reflects both issues we have been discussing and the intent of a rule that would address them, rather than a set of proposed rules.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

fossala

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 02:55:57 »
We should ban auctions.

Offline silat

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 03:37:21 »
LOL foss. I was waiting for someone to say that:)
I must say that auctions will become problematic someday. We cannot monitor them properly to make sure they are run in an honest manner.
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

fossala

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 03:43:09 »
Come on, I don't hide my opinions on the matter. All it does is trys to squeeze every last penny out of people. Because we are such an enthusastic group we get carried away and auctions for 2 keycaps end at $200.

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 03:46:59 »
Great changes. Should ban auctions like Fossala suggested.
I hate everything.

fossala

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 03:51:09 »
What stops people "shill bidding"? If I bid $300 and the next highest bid is $200. All the seller has to do is say someone bid $290 and he has just pocked himself another $100.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 03:51:39 »
FWIW:
I don't support the deletion portion as mentioned by the OP. It is closed-minded, short sighted, and reflects the inability of the mods to deal with perceived issues reasonably. I have no interest in partaking in a forum condoning that type of escapist moderating. You can do better than that. If not, find someone that can.

If there's a problem, open the can of worms and address it for all to see. Set examples. Don't hide behind a delete button.

You may have meant something entirely different, in that case, I'm giving you this opportunity to amend your post before I repost and delete it.

Input Nirvana OUT
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline slueth

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 04:07:11 »
Man :( this forums is starting to become OCN, I really don't like these new rules..
I wish geekhack goes back to how it was.  Sure Ripster and KL's poopsling could of been offensive to some people, but I rather have that then all these new rules and mods..   That's what I found great about Geekhack, you didn't have to be scared about being banned and it was a wild west where gunslingers would troll, people could socialize, and we can talk about geeky stuff...

I am just afraid Mods will get over their heads and enforce too hard, Geekhack will be like any other tech enthusiast website([H], OCN)

fossala

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 04:09:58 »
Quote from: slueth;571291
Man :( this forums is starting to become OCN, I really don't like these new rules..
I wish geekhack goes back to how it was.  Sure Ripster and KL's poopsling could of been offensive to some people, but I rather have that then all these new rules and mods..   That's what I found great about Geekhack, you didn't have to be scared about being banned and it was a wild west where gunslingers would troll, people could socialize, and we can talk about geeky stuff...

I am just afraid Mods will get over their heads and enforce too hard, Geekhack will be like any other tech enthusiast website([H], OCN)

I dissagree, if you look at what the mods are mainly doing it is responding to reported post. If people report posts, and a lot of people do. It is obvious that a lot of people are unhappy.
No one is talking about banning, just trying to make the classifieds more structured.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 04:20:48 »
No problem with the rules. They are reasonable and help the community.

I also want fully accountable mods, no mystery deletions with no warnig/explanations like what is proposed in the OP. If you want to keep the standards high, start there. Keep it easy to see and understand.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline slueth

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 04:21:05 »
I am not saying I disagree with these rules we have right now.. but I don't want too much rules..
I think too many policies can be a bad thing, not sure if geekhack will be as enjoyable to me.
Let newcomers jump  into Geekhack, interact other people without fear, I hate joining forums and reading a long list of stickies for rules and then find out that I didn't read something carefully and BAM! punished...
Will people like noodles(where is he?) be able to say greetings in a casual way, will we be able to post NSFW, buds?
Will there be more rules for the other forum sections?
Just discussing my opinion :D

fossala

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 04:26:01 »
Topics like posting cannabis has to be kept to members forums as it is against forum rules anyway.

I don't think that everyone should know what the mods are doing as it could cause hostility. If you do something wrong, you will get warning/infractions. The whole world doesn't need to know what you did and what mod pulled you up on it.

Offline slueth

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 04:30:27 »
Rather have transparency, the more the better.  What kind of hostility are you talking about, explain?

fossala

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 04:38:25 »
#1, In other forums I go on Mods aren't treated as normal members (hostility) I don't want this to happen here. Look at a certian member, he is already getting annoyed and flaming the mods.
#2, If we let everyone know what the people said and what action got taken, there would be no reason to remove it from the forum in the first place.

Offline slueth

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 04:54:26 »
Not sure who you are talking about.. but if there is hostility there is some aggressor.  I think a lot of people (maybe its just me)want transparency and fairness.  I don't want geekhack mods to become Soup Nazis(Seinfeld).

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 06:15:55 »
For those who complain about the advent of rules. First, we have had a set of rules since the beginning of time (of the forum). Second, you don't get to have this both ways; you can't both not have a set of rules and complain about someone else breaking what you consider to be a forum rule.

Hence, it's easiest for all involved to simply agree to abide by a simple, effective set of discussion rules (again, we all did this when we signed up!).

Finally, this is a bit of a tangent, but I very much think it needs to be said: I personally consider myself to be a volunteer member of the community that is following moderation guidelines in such a way that any other well behaved member of the community could be swapped into my place and more or less the same actions would be taken.

fossala

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 06:27:44 »
Ripster, don't swear. All you are doing is asking to be banned.

fossala

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 06:47:38 »
I think all are bad. Kind of like your attempted baiting. Do you want to be banned just to say, look they hate me?

fossala

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 07:06:29 »
Quote from: ripster;571359
Thanks for the White MX switch you sent me btw.  I'll post pics at Deskthority.net today.  The spring is weird.  (hope Limmy doesn't see this)

No problem. Belive it or not I don't dislike anyone around here. But baiting is only going to get you banned.

Offline maoiste

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 08:30:17 »
I really don't like the auction stuff here in classifieds, as already has been said it really goes against what i think a community of keyboard enthusiasts should strive for (sharing the wealth and helping each other out, so we can enjoy our common interest even more).
Also i find reselling/reauctioning clickclack keys for anything but the retail price really offensiv towards the creator and the community, as clicklack sells them for a really fair price and he could easily charge more but chooses not to.

I think if classifieds is going to keep allowing auctions there need to be rules, so that they will be more transparent. Only open bids in the thread, prolonging auctions on bids within the last 15 mins maybe to prevent sniping.
If it is going to be subforum for auctions  i feel it has to be much more moderated. Because i think as is ppl are unhapy with auctions they will threadcrap said auctions which isn't ok aswell.

Other than that.
1) agreed
2) 24h bumps
3) Thread should be closed after item is recieved (presuming there is nothing wrong with the recieved item)
4) really agree with that as it would benefit less experienced users like myself. Also if rule 4 will make it, it might be good to have a subforum where ppl can ask other users to gauge stuff they are going to sell which could also lead to a good archive if sellers will edit the final selling price into those threads.
5) see above

Btw i don't know if any of you played diablo2 but i feel this forum has worse rules than forums i used back then to trade virtual goods, so i really would like to see some changes.

Offline Parabellum

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 08:47:27 »
It's not like we need any of this - we're not OCN.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 10:31:55 »
agree with Input.  Set the rules up, make them fair, and when you take action based on the rules.  SAY SO.  This is called transparency.  If you just delete posts and close threads, even for good reasons, people won't know.  People will just think mods abuse their power.  Also, mods need to be accountable for their actions.  When people see mods do the right things and state what they do and why, people will respect that.  Otherwise, you will just be pushing more and more people away.

Honestly, the way the original rules were written (the tone) totally turned me off.  Now it is getting better.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 10:57:10 »
I'm not discounting the rules, Not at all. I've not said, "That's a bad rule!!"

I don't have any issue with moderation, or there being mods. I don't. Never said "Moderation is bad, don't have mods!!!"

I'm not being aggressive and flaming the mods. I'm not doing that. I sort of 'know' most of them and think highly of them, and there is nothing personal. I kinda like 'em :)

What I HAVE said and done (2 things):
1) I don't like the aggressive "cop" stance. I'll call it out right now. Mkawa, you are here to serve, not police. I want to see a change in your attitude and presentation. It's not what you are doing, but how you do it, and how you do it is very important. Dont' ruin things, you've already started down that path, so change before it's too late and real damage is done. Think of yourself as a customer service representative, because that's exactly what a mod is.

2) I don't like the 'mystery' or 'hidden side' of some moderation, you are not clear on what is happening or why. It's confusing and takes the joy out of the process. Just get it out there, address it, and move on. The attempt at invisible omnipotent alleged higher authority is what breeds hostility. So don't do it.

Honestly and truthfully, I need to move on, this stupid crap is getting my blood pressure up. It's just a god damn forum, keep it simple.

IN-PUT NIR-VAN-NA OUT!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 11:53:23 »
1) in programmer jargon, "deprecated" means most aptly "no longer supported". i wasn't aware that that is so different from its dictionary definition. in the future it's probably fine to ask what it means without condescension and a very large video.

2) thanks for the input(, ) nirvana, litster and others. i and the other moderators truly appreciate it.

2a) my feeling is that, as moderators, we are agents of imav more than that of the community. where possible, yes, we would like to serve the community, but i feel the way forward to doing that is to assist imav. this may require playing the bad guy sometimes, but that is why, like most volunteer positions, it's a bit thankless.

2b) we have discussed adding more transparency to moderation actions, and the problem is that it often invites as much or more non-productive argument as productive argument, which requires more moderation and so on...

3) a number of us on the board are, yes, highly technical people, and we (in fact i, in particular) are highly direct, brusque, what have you; this is not necessarily because we hate everyone or aspire to be law enforcement officers, but because that is the way we are used to communicating, and changing our mode of communication takes time and constructive advice. please keep this in mind when you consider your comments.

Offline snowboarder3

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 20 April 2012, 01:00:16 »
I'm all for auctions. Simple supply and demand. Don't like it? Don't bid. I've never seen someone so concerned with the rules as foss. Internet, serious business.

If auctions are banned what stops someone for selling a cc for 200 obo and then just taking the best offer?

Makes me want to auction one of my click clakcks just to spite these communists.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 20 April 2012, 01:41:40 »
Quote from: ripster;579321
So are ClickClack auctions allowed then?
sell whatever you want however you want.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 13 May 2012, 22:11:24 »
People should leave the prices for the things that have been sold, that way we'll have a reference point for selling similar items.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 28 May 2012, 10:29:47 »
I don't know, I'm okay with this.

It makes more sense to order the threads via the last changes made to them, or the last information added, instead of the seller's forum disponibility.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 29 May 2012, 17:22:48 »
Quote from: thegunner100;598310
People should leave the prices for the things that have been sold, that way we'll have a reference point for selling similar items.
unfortunately given our hands off policy, this has to be up to user discretion. while i agree that it can be helpful, not every user will want this information to be public. as a substitute, we've stickied an appraisal thread to the top of the forum

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Classified Forum Rules Discussion Thread
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 19:55:08 »
Is there any way we can have auction threads moved off-site, to eBay or similar? With the strict "no threadcrapping" policy, there is no way for the community to "self police," and to call out profiteering weasels for the scum they are. These "members" are only here to try and make money off other members of our community, simply because they possess something that is in high demand. Yes, I'm talking about Clack Factory skulls, etc. Heck, I got caught up in it at one time, as a buyer, before I knew that it only hurts the community to artificially inflate the prices so. I see the folly of it now, but we need to help other new members see it also.

Either that, or loosen up on the "no threadcrapping" policy. If you don't want people "crapping" in your thread, then don't be a jerk with your sale.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Anyone else want to add to the discussion?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 19:58:40 »
Is there any way we can have auction threads moved off-site, to eBay or similar? With the strict "no threadcrapping" policy, there is no way for the community to "self police," and to call out profiteering weasels for the scum they are. These "members" are only here to try and make money off other members of our community, simply because they possess something that is in high demand. Yes, I'm talking about Clack Factory skulls, etc. Heck, I got caught up in it at one time, as a buyer, before I knew that it only hurts the community to artificially inflate the prices so. I see the folly of it now, but we need to help other new members see it also.

Either that, or loosen up on the "no threadcrapping" policy. If you don't want people "crapping" in your thread, then don't be a jerk with your sale.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Anyone else want to add to the discussion?
Agreed.

Also, in light of recent group buy drama, I think there should be some stronger moderation of users that mislead people for profit. It is not acceptable in a community setting for people to make up sob stories in an attempt to make more money / spend less at the expense of other users.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:07:27 »
It can't be any simpler than 'if you don't like the prices, you don't need to participate'. Do you go into a Target and complain to the management that you don't like the price on something? No. You go somewhere else and buy it there.

If people can't get that, then simply require 'Auction' threads to be locked on the first post. This way, nobody can post, complain, whine or otherwise, and everything is handled in PM's. It's either that or not allowing auctions at all.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:08:18 »
^ x2
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:09:02 »
LIST A STARTING PRICE FFS.

**** this "shoot me an offer" crap

give people something to start with!!

Offline MMB

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:09:44 »
LIST A STARTING PRICE FFS.

**** this "shoot me an offer" crap

give people something to start with!!

I think you're mad at jrr :P

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:10:11 »
It can't be any simpler than 'if you don't like the prices, you don't need to participate'. Do you go into a Target and complain to the management that you don't like the price on something? No. You go somewhere else and buy it there.

If people can't get that, then simply require 'Auction' threads to be locked on the first post. This way, nobody can post, complain, whine or otherwise, and everything is handled in PM's. It's either that or not allowing auctions at all.
But it's not that simple. It's not about not liking the prices, it's about the prices being predicated on a lie fabricated to put more money in one person's pocket. It's like if you went to target and bought something, only for the cashier to tell you that the item you wanted is going to cost more and then pocket the extra. Compound that with the fact that geekhack is not a for-profit entity and you can hopefully see where I and others have a problem with simplifying everything to 'if you don't like it dont buy it.'

Also dude you are a worse threadcrapper than I am :P
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline MMB

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:12:57 »
But it's not that simple. It's not about not liking the prices, it's about the prices being predicated on a lie fabricated to put more money in one person's pocket. It's like if you went to target and bought something, only for the cashier to tell you that the item you wanted is going to cost more and then pocket the extra. Compound that with the fact that geekhack is not a for-profit entity and you can hopefully see where I and others have a problem with simplifying everything to 'if you don't like it dont buy it.'

First of all, wrong bro. I am sorry, but it's a free market. And as such, people are free to post something for whatever they wish. You are FREE to not participate. Complaining and flaming someone because of that only drags the morale of the forum down and reflects poorly on GH.

Do you complain to ebay when someone sold an item for what you FELT was many times more than it was worth? Seriously, check yoself.

Also, don't spread lies about me. I never crap in someones sale thread.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:14:40 »

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:15:14 »
^ Batman ?

Offline MMB

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:16:12 »
^ Batman ?

It's clearly the green lantern....

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:17:12 »
aquaman!

because he does nothing

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:17:25 »

First of all, wrong bro. I am sorry, but it's a free market. And as such, people are free to post something for whatever they wish. You are FREE to not participate. Complaining and flaming someone because of that only drags the morale of the forum down and reflects poorly on GH.

Do you complain to ebay when someone sold an item for what you FELT was many times more than it was worth? Seriously, check yoself.

There is absolutely no such thing as a free market that actually exists and can be used as a comparable model here.
eBay sellers PAY TO SELL on ebay. There is no fee to sell on geekhack, and the entire site is run out of love at a monetary loss.
 There is no market here without the community, and lying TO FURTHER YOUR PROFIT is unacceptable behaviour. I seriously can't believe people don't get banned for that kind of ****.

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:18:36 »
^ x2

^ x3

I simply don't see the immediate effects of how this is bad, for people, the website, the reputation of GH or anything.

JDCarpe, or someone on that side of the fence, please explain to me how selling a CC skull for $100 has a negative effect on all of this. I still have to believe that if you don't like it, don't bid or make offers. When you then walk away, probably laughting to yourself, how are you negatively impacted?

Thanks,
John
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:22:46 by jcrouse »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:19:59 »

There is absolutely no such thing as a free market that actually exists and can be used as a comparable model here.
eBay sellers PAY TO SELL on ebay. There is no fee to sell on geekhack, and the entire site is run out of love at a monetary loss.
 There is no market here without the community, and lying TO FURTHER YOUR PROFIT is unacceptable behaviour. I seriously can't believe people don't get banned for that kind of ****.

or get vendor forums.

IF U MAKE MONEY OFF GH GET A ****ING VENDOR FORUM. especially group buys, large amounts of money too. well, compared to everybody else.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:23:18 »
How can you tell when someone makes money or not ? Let say that I paid 500 for a filco, am I going to be punished because I am looking for 500usd (this is an example).? What is going to happen is that people wont buy it and I will be force to reduce the price
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:28:23 by cactux »

Offline MMB

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:23:27 »

It sounds like you are really just upset because you feel it lacks integrity. But you don't have much to stand on in terms of basis for your feelings. It IS a free market in the sense that GH allows people to make the posts. They also tell you clearly, that you do not have to participate. If GH as a community shuns this 'behavior' as you refer to it, then nothing would ever get bought, and the listing would drop down into oblivion. But the fact is, it's a hard to obtain item, and holds value for those willing to spend on it. I say this time and time again... ITS ONLY EXPENSIVE AND OR OVERPRICED TO THE PEOPLE THAT WOULDNT PAY OR FEEL ITS WRONG TO PAY THAT MUCH MONEY.

Hope that makes sense.....

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:28:18 »
How can you tell when someone make money or not ? Let say that I paid 500 for a filco am I going to be punished because I am looking for 500usd (this is an example).? What is going to happen is that people wont buy it and I will be force to reduce the price
if you paid $500 for a filco... you're using silly non-real situations to compare to what is actually happening on this board.

And MMB - integrity is a major part of any strong community. sorta bums me out that you'd rather ignorant people get burned and reward ******* behavior than just make things right. unchecked capitalism (what I assume you mean by free market) does not exist in a vacuum removed from human behavior or communities, and what it does to both of those things is destroy them.

Again, I only have a personal issue with profiteering, which I try not to project to the community. Lying has no place in the market.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 August 2012, 20:30:00 by sth »