Author Topic: N-key rollover test.  (Read 192857 times)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
N-key rollover test.
« on: Thu, 24 January 2008, 16:15:39 »
Ok, use THIS LINK to test your keyboard's rollover capabilities.

Reply in this thread with your results and with as much info about the keyboard as possible (including the interface, USB, PS/2, etc).

Enjoy!

Offline iMav

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 January 2008, 16:17:36 »
Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2
Interface: USB
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.1 (Leopard)
Max keys accepted: 7

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 January 2008, 18:01:47 »
There's a problem with the way the testing is done. On non n-key-capable keyboards, the results depend on which keys you press.

Please include in the replies, the set of keys used in the testing. And please post the *minimum* number of keys on which the keyboard fails (i.e. not all of the keys pressed are registered). I'll post an example below.

To find this minimum set of keys, try to press keys on adjacent rows simultaneously. (eg QWE and ASD)

(iMav can you add this to your first post? Just so that people know what to do.)
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)
HHKB Pro 2 (black on black)
Filco Majestouch (n-key rollover, brown cherries)
Unicomp Customizer 101 (black with black keys)

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 January 2008, 18:06:44 »
Apple keyboard (old squishy white version)
Minimum number of keys on failure: 4 - tested with: QWAS

(Note that it happily accepts 6 keys if I hold down the home row)
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline iMav

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 January 2008, 18:26:02 »
@zilldot

Would it be possible (or feasible) to come up with a specific set of tests to use in conjunction with the rollover test page?  i.e., Press letters x-y-z...press e-r-x-c...etc  and standardize it?  Or is that ultimately flawed due to the various in keyboard configurations?

Basically, what I would like you to do (if you are willing, of course), is to write up a set of instructions for everyone to follow regarding this.  I will add it to this thread as well as to the rollover test page.

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 24 January 2008, 20:14:35 »
Quote from: iMav;2585
Would it be possible (or feasible) to come up with a specific set of tests to use in conjunction with the rollover test page?  i.e., Press letters x-y-z...press e-r-x-c...etc  and standardize it?  Or is that ultimately flawed due to the various in keyboard configurations?

I think keyboard designs are similar enough to have a standardised test. I suggest the following:
1. Q-W-A-S
2. Q-W-E-A-S-D
3. Q-W-E-R-A-S-D-F
(and so on...)
When a failure is encountered (i.e. not all the keys register), try to reduce the number of keys to find the minimum at which the failure occurs.

Most non n-key capable keyboards would fail on 1. My guess is that keyboards limited by the USB protocol would pass 1 and 2 but fail on 3 (but I don't have one with me to test right now).

We can transpose these tests to different locations on the keyboard, eg a few keys to the right, or up or down a row. But I suspect that wouldn't make a difference, unless it's an unusual keyboard design. If we encounter those we can always add more tests to the list. :)
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 24 January 2008, 21:00:05 »
MacBook internal keyboard
Keys: qwe
max:3

Offline pex

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 January 2008, 21:43:17 »
I think keyboard designs are similar enough to have a standardised test.

I can't agree with that from my travels.
Ж®Cherry G80-8113 (someday I hope to have one that reads magstripes, rfid cards, and smartcards), broken \'98 42H1292 Model M, some other Model M from a decade before that, 30 more keyboards in a box, 4 more lying here or there
Destroying Sanctity: my Model M project. Status: Dead.

Offline puntium

• http://keyboards.kendeeter.com
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 25 January 2008, 13:01:10 »
pex: I think zilldot is referring to the keyboard wiring and not necessarily the language or the layout.

Most foreign keyboards are variations of US keyboards with different keycaps and a few extra keys. It takes a long time to develop a good wiring for a keyboard that prevents ghosting for commonly used key combinations. It usually has to do more with human factors (i.e. in what ways are you unlikely to contort your hands.. for ex, no one would ever press qwas together naturally). Because people's hands tends to be the same, these wiring schematics become rather universal.
FILCO FKBN87M/EB / Microsoft Natural Elite / HHKB2 Pro
Keyboards blog | Keyboard Reviews (old blog)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 25 January 2008, 13:31:34 »
Model M 1391401, 1984,
4 keys
qwer

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 25 January 2008, 17:29:15 »
Filco Majestouch FKBN104M/EB (n-key rollover model)
Max keys: 6 (tested with QWEASD, fails with QWERASD)

(Note that the documentation says that it has true n-key rollover only if PS/2 connection is used. On USB it is limited to 6 keys.)
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 25 January 2008, 23:26:16 »
Weird, the HHKB Pro 2 gets more than the Filco.

Offline pex

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 26 January 2008, 16:27:20 »
Quote from: xsphat;2603
Model M 1391401, 1984,
4 keys
qwer

Model M 1391401 wasn't made in 1984.  You're saying a 1391401 doesn't get n-key rollover? WHAT.

Quote from: puntium;2602
pex: I think zilldot is referring to the keyboard wiring and not necessarily the language or the layout.

Most foreign keyboards are variations of US keyboards with different keycaps and a few extra keys. It takes a long time to develop a good wiring for a keyboard that prevents ghosting for commonly used key combinations. It usually has to do more with human factors (i.e. in what ways are you unlikely to contort your hands.. for ex, no one would ever press qwas together naturally). Because people's hands tends to be the same, these wiring schematics become rather universal.

If only it were that simple.  It's surprising the number of judgment calls we see on keyboards as far as what blocks what.
Ж®Cherry G80-8113 (someday I hope to have one that reads magstripes, rfid cards, and smartcards), broken \'98 42H1292 Model M, some other Model M from a decade before that, 30 more keyboards in a box, 4 more lying here or there

Offline iMav

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 26 January 2008, 17:47:26 »
Quote from: pex
Model M 1391401 wasn't made in 1984.

Hmmm, I guess someone is going to have to post a pic of their "birth certificate".  

I've got a Model M 1393278 made in 2007.  ;)

Quote from: pex
If only it were that simple.  It's surprising the number of judgment calls we see on keyboards as far as what blocks what.

I don't think anyone is, intentionally, trying to pass misinformation.  I'm asking anyone that is willing to draft one up, to come up with a comprehensive, idiot-proof, rollover test plan that we can post here so that everyone is testing the same things.  Once that is done and we have a general consensus, I will clear out this thread and allow everyone to resubmit using the standardized test.

Offline pex

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 26 January 2008, 18:32:43 »
Quote from: iMav;2621
Hmmm, I guess someone is going to have to post a pic of their "birth certificate".  

I've got a Model M 1393278 made in 2007.  ;)

Sometimes people misread the copyright/patent/whatever line on the keyboards as year of mfg.  However, the 1984 line was on 1391401 over a decade's-worth of models.  I think I read that November '85 was the earliest 1391401 anyone could come up with.

I don't think anyone is, intentionally, trying to pass misinformation.  I'm asking anyone that is willing to draft one up, to come up with a comprehensive, idiot-proof, rollover test plan that we can post here so that everyone is testing the same things.  Once that is done and we have a general consensus, I will clear out this thread and allow everyone to resubmit using the standardized test.

If we're going to be true to the cause, I just don't want any keyboard getting away under- or over-credited.  I don't have enough keyboards lying around to find a semblance of proof for my baseless, anecdotal claims on keyboard electronics layouts.  However, until someone does some specific and somewhat scientific testing, I don't think any of us, with our anecdotal evidence, should make final decisions on what constitutes a test!

I mean, we can find out n-key rollover if we take a standard school ruler and run it across any line of a keyboard.  That'll get at least 10 keys, probably many more.  But what if it passes on the top line, but we do it to the next line, and it fails?  What if it passes on the top line but the numpad isn't n-key rollover?  It's certainly not n-key rollover, then.

If we're not doing testing only for n-key rollover and looking to describe any-key rollover, well, the testing gets that much harder.

I just suggest we're going to have to put a bit of work into this (unfortunately) to get things right.  I mean, why does it make sense I can type "i4lw,z" but not "flip"?

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 26 January 2008, 20:17:34 »
Quote from: pex;2623
If we're going to be true to the cause, I just don't want any keyboard getting away under- or over-credited.  I don't have enough keyboards lying around to find a semblance of proof for my baseless, anecdotal claims on keyboard electronics layouts.  However, until someone does some specific and somewhat scientific testing, I don't think any of us, with our anecdotal evidence, should make final decisions on what constitutes a test!

I mean, we can find out n-key rollover if we take a standard school ruler and run it across any line of a keyboard.  That'll get at least 10 keys, probably many more.  But what if it passes on the top line, but we do it to the next line, and it fails?  What if it passes on the top line but the numpad isn't n-key rollover?  It's certainly not n-key rollover, then.

I think what we're trying to do (or at least, what I'm proposing) is to find key combinations which cause keyboards to fail (i.e. not register all the keys pressed). You're right in saying that it's practically impossible to test for true n-key rollover. But it is easy to test if a keyboard does NOT have n-key rollover - you just have to find a key combination on which it fails!

So to simplify the search for this key combination, what I'm suggesting is a list of key combinations on which keyboards commonly fail. We can then test keyboards against these key combinations, and record which combinations it fails on. Note that we're mainly interested in the SMALLEST key combination on which it fails.

It's not possible for the list to be comprehensive, but if we come across an unusual keyboard which fails on an unusual key combination, we can always add it to the list.
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 26 January 2008, 22:06:23 »
Quote from: iMav;2621

Yeah, 84 would be the copyright date. My 1391401 was made 05 June 1988. You buckling spring buckeroos are sticklers.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 26 January 2008, 22:41:16 »
Since no member here has tried this on a PS/2 computer, I'm guessing none of us have one that's worth the time, so really what is the point of n-key rollover? I think the vast majority of humanity can live just fine with the ability to use only three alphanumeric characters in conjunction with the existing modifier keys.

We all use USB to connect our peripherals, so who cares? I just don't understand this.

Offline pex

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 26 January 2008, 22:53:39 »
Quote from: xsphat;2628
We all use USB to connect our peripherals, so who cares? I just don't understand this.

No.  I also still use Betamax and Laserdisc.

I'm trying to kick things off here with some empirical study.  I've dissected my broken Model M.

http://solutions.sveit.com/modelm.html is where I'll be keeping notes on it; it is partially relevant to this thread because for my keyboard I may be able to /prove/ what combinations issues I could expect for at least one keyboard: mine.  We can use this, in part, to develop our strategy.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 26 January 2008, 23:17:42 »
OK. What this study needs is someone with a true n-key rollover keyboard to test this out with iMav's test on a PS/2 connector-baring computer. What would you say if it was still only 7?

Offline iMav

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 27 January 2008, 03:08:40 »
Since no member here has tried this on a PS/2 computer, I'm guessing none of us have one that's worth the time, so really what is the point of n-key rollover?

The last computer I had that had PS/2 connections was passed on to a friend a couple years ago.  

n-key rollover may not be important to you (and, really, it is not all that important to me either), but there are several members here who are quite interested.  I'm all for defining some standardized testing and allowing the membership to help properly identify rollover functionality of the various keyboards we have available to us.

Actually, now that I think about it...I DO have a PS/2-equipped computer out in the workshop.  I'll have to go dust it off and see if she'll fire up.  :)

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 27 January 2008, 04:24:47 »
Since no member here has tried this on a PS/2 computer, I'm guessing none of us have one that's worth the time, so really what is the point of n-key rollover? I think the vast majority of humanity can live just fine with the ability to use only three alphanumeric characters in conjunction with the existing modifier keys.

I would have tested it on PS/2, but have been a bit lazy. :) I have seriously considered using a PS/2 keyboard on my gaming PC. While I agree that you only need 3-key rollover for normal typing, it is quite easy to end up pressing 4 or more keys simultaneously while gaming.

To be honest, I don't consider n-key rollover to be that important either (except for gaming). But it's nice to have. And since there's so much disinformation out there, it would be good to have some reliable data about it.

Quote from: pex;2629
I'm trying to kick things off here with some empirical study.  I've dissected my broken Model M.

Interesting pictures! I see no signs of diodes in the keyboard matrix that are apparently required for n-key rollover...
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 27 January 2008, 05:07:24 »
Quote from: xsphat;2630
OK. What this study needs is someone with a true n-key rollover keyboard to test this out with iMav's test on a PS/2 connector-baring computer. What would you say if it was still only 7?

Ok I did it!

Filco Majestouch FKBN104M/EB (n-key rollover model)
Interface: PS/2
Keys: more than I can press :)

I tested the key combos I listed above: QW-AS, QWE-ASD, QWER-ASDF, etc. It passed all of them, at least until I ran out of fingers (up to 20 keys, pressing 2 keys at once with each finger).

Also tried pressing many keys at once using a book. The results were a bit variable, possibly because I'm not depressing all the keys correctly. A few times I had problems with "stuck" keys where the OS thought the key was held down when it wasn't. But that only happened when I tried to press around 30 keys at once. I conjecture that a buffer is overflowing somewhere, either in the keyboard or in the OS, causing key release events to be lost.

I gave up testing at this point as I don't have 30 fingers. :)
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline iMav

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 27 January 2008, 05:47:38 »
Quote from: zillidot;2633

Keys: more than I can press :)

Maybe we should have a contest.  Who can post a screen capture from the rollover test page with the most keys recognized?  

:)

Offline Mikecase00

• http://www.mikecase.net
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 28 January 2008, 13:46:19 »
I've tried testing several key combinations on the n-key rollover test page using my 1391401 through a PS/2 KVM switch.  It's interesting really, I've had as many as 8 keys register (the most I've tried) and as few as 0.  Certain key combinations seem more likely to register higher counts than others.  I suspect that the KVM switch might be hindering performance a bit, so I'll tray again w/o it later.

The Model M keyboard actually has some on-board memory to buffer characters in case the computer your typing on is too busy to accept input (this was a more important consideration back in the M's heyday).  I don't recall what the actual buffer amount was, I think it might have been in the neighborhood of 13 chars.
IBM Model M 1391401 (dyed black) w/ keys from M-13
IBM M-13 Trackpoint (naturally black)
IBM Model M 1392934 SpaceSaver
Several plain IBM 1391401 Ms
Epson Equity Q203A
http://www.mikecase.net

Offline Mikecase00

• http://www.mikecase.net
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 28 January 2008, 13:49:48 »
Here's my best so far
IBM Model M 1391401 (dyed black) w/ keys from M-13
IBM M-13 Trackpoint (naturally black)
IBM Model M 1392934 SpaceSaver
Several plain IBM 1391401 Ms
Epson Equity Q203A
http://www.mikecase.net

Offline Nonmouse

Cherry MX-8100
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 31 January 2008, 17:13:01 »
Well, on my MX-8100 (G80-8113HRBUS-2, PS/2 connection), here's the best I've got a screencap of:

The only limit I've found is physically being able to press the keys down.  These were pressed both on the main keys and on the number pad.

I suppose I should see if I can rig a way to press all 120 keys at once, to see if it really is true n-key roll-over.  Being as that I already know that I can press more than twice as many keys as I have fingers, I may not be too hot to find out...

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 03 February 2008, 02:22:02 »
Six keys at a time with this:

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=288

Offline fkeidjn

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 15 February 2008, 00:19:51 »
The keyboard I used for this test:

-IBM 84-key PC AT buckling spring keyboard similar to this keyboard
-This is a capacitor buckling spring keyboard as opposed to the model M, which is a membrane keyboard with buckling springs.
-I used a AT to ps/2 adapter and connected the keyboard through ps/2 connection.

The result, after mushing as many keys as I could, is here, 39 keys!?
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 16 February 2008, 11:20:53 »
7 keys at a time with my brand new shiny Filco (model number in sig).

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 16 February 2008, 21:14:20 »
Quote from: xsphat;2996
7 keys at a time with my brand new shiny Filco (model number in sig).
Which keys?
(Read the thread to see why it matters which keys are used for testing. And please do test using the suggested key combinations, and not just any old bunch of keys!)
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 17 February 2008, 00:34:55 »
Hope this helps you:

Done via USB on a MacBook with OS X 10.5.2
The keyboard has an American layout and I use qwerty.

Going for a max number

Using different rows and playing around

This one is easy to figure out.

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 17 February 2008, 02:05:38 »
Quote from: xsphat;3009
Hope this helps you:

Done via USB on a MacBook with OS X 10.5.2
The keyboard has an American layout and I use qwerty.

Ok thanks. :) The more interesting number is the minimum number of keys when it fails, not the maximum.
Can you test using the combinations QWAS and QWEASD? I think they should fail on the non n-key rollover model. But they work (all keys register) on my keyboard, the n-key-rollover version of the Filco. I'd like to think that there is a difference between the two models!
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline IBI

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 17 February 2008, 10:41:26 »
QWAS fails on my MS internet keyboard, and I've noticed key blocking problems in real use too (although only when gaming).
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 17 February 2008, 11:13:43 »
You're right, both combos you mentioned failed. It usually showed up as registering 2 keys.

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 17 February 2008, 18:02:50 »
Quote from: xsphat;3024
You're right, both combos you mentioned failed. It usually showed up as registering 2 keys.

Thanks, that's the kind of info I'm looking for.
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 17 February 2008, 18:08:21 »
No prob, that's why we're here.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 11:01:45 »
Hey Zillidot, have tested your Filco connected to USB? Might be interesting.

Offline fkeidjn

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 12:29:35 »
So n-key rollover doesn't happen through USB connections?  Am I missing out on something?
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 12:55:19 »
There is supposedly a bandwidth limitation on USB so only 6 keys can be registered at once. Everyone here is able to get 7 on decent keyboards, but no more than that, so I don't know.

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 18:37:05 »
Quote from: xsphat;3075
Hey Zillidot, have tested your Filco connected to USB? Might be interesting.
Yes, it registers at most 6 keys on USB. So QWEASD works but QWERASD doesn't.
It's worked with every combination of 6 keys I've tested so far, including those which normally fail on non n-key capable keyboards.
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 18 February 2008, 18:45:54 »
Cool. This is kind of interesting.

How do you like your Filco?

Offline zillidot

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 19 February 2008, 02:00:37 »
Quote from: xsphat;3106
How do you like your Filco?

it's nice to type on. The lightness of the switches seem to make typing "easier", especially compared to my old buckling spring keyboard. I can't say I've noticed the advantages of n-key rollover in actual use, but then I haven't played many games lately.

It's not without its problems though. On my keyboard I get the occasional key bounce, where a key is registered twice when it's only pressed once. But it's pretty rare, and hasn't happened often enough to be annoying yet.
My keyboards:
Realforce 87U (all 55g)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 19 February 2008, 02:08:12 »
The only problem I've noticed on mine isn't really a problem at all. Once in a while, I bump or brush over the keyboard or whatever, which I'm sure I've done on my other keyboards, but on this one, that stuff usually registers keystrokes. So in the act of putting a bottle of soda on my desk I'll create a new folder on my desktop.

I haven't had any ghosting or key bounce yet, though. I don't anticipate having problems with ghosting on this keyboard but that key bounce thing is fairly common with mechanical keyboards in my experience. I get that on the HHKB and the Alps 'boards.

Offline IBI

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 26 February 2008, 07:48:31 »
Model M, 1391406, Blue label with detatchable cord and 22/10/1993 birthdate.

Fails on QWAS.

What about the arrow keys? Are they affected by by the key-conflicts? I couldn't check because they aren't registering in the detector.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline ecru

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 27 February 2008, 19:39:15 »
Unicomp 42H1292U, 02/01/08
Interface: ps/2
Operating System: Mepis 6.5 - dvorak layout
Max keys accepted: 2 - ',ao test (qwas for sholes users)

edit update
Not suitable for gaming where you use multiple keys (fails rtcw-et, passes openarena)
Unfortunately Unicomp don't currently make or plan to make a model that will recognise more keys.

Offline IBI

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 29 February 2008, 11:30:28 »
Dell AT102W black 75mA edition rev A01

Fails on QWAS

Offline fkeidjn

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 29 February 2008, 18:16:04 »
Filco, n-key rollover, brown Cherries

Well, it does what it says it does, the most so far being 22 keys

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
N-key rollover test.
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 01 March 2008, 17:08:51 »
IBM Model M, 1391401, ID 0126050, manufactured 1993-06-03 in the USA, with a controller out of a 52G9658 ID 0077785, manufactured 1993-08-28 in the USA by Lexmark.
Connection: USB, via a Belkin F5U119vE1
Operating system: Tested on both XP Tablet 2005 and OS X 10.5.2

Fails on QWA, ERT, TYU, a bunch of other stuff... this thing's only 2-key rollover.

Offline fkeidjn

N-key rollover test.
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 01 March 2008, 18:12:10 »
USB adapters can't handle model M keyboards very well.  Through a ps/2 connection, it can handle up to 8, but fails on "qwas" and the like.  Through a Ziotek USB adapter, it can only handle up to 5.