Author Topic: membrane keyboard with NKRO  (Read 39280 times)

Offline Phaedrus2129

membrane keyboard with NKRO
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 15:14:23 »
One more question, and you may not have an answer. The popularity of mechanical keyboards has been going up. Not quickly, but it is on the rise. Even Thermaltake is releasing a Cherry keyboard, and a few other keyboard manufacturers have quietly entered the mechanical ring, like Adesso. There are also a few specialty boards being released soon, like the new TrulyErgonomic (http://www.trulyergonomic.com/) and Mini-Guru (http://www.guru-board.com/). I've also noticed that certain models of mechanical keyboard on ebay have gotten harder to find, even in the time that I've been following them.

Some of this interest, especially among enthusiasts, is probably due to Manyak's thread on Overclock.net, which is now the top Google result for "mechanical keyboard".

So with this renewed interest in mechanical keyboards... Are you aware of any plans on Microsoft's part to release one? At the very least, it's probably much easier to make a PCB-based mech board NKRO than a membrane board.
Daily Driver: Noppoo Choc Mini
Currently own: IBM Model M 1391401 1988,  XArmor U9 prototype
Previously owned: Ricercar SPOS, IBM M13 92G7461 1994, XArmor U9BL, XArmor U9W prototype, Cherry G80-8200LPDUS, Cherry G84-4100, Compaq MX-11800, Chicony KB-5181 (SMK Monterey), Reveal KB-7061, Cirque Wave Keyboard (ergonomic rubber domes), NMB RT101 (rubber dome), Dell AT101W

Offline Paul Dietz

No domes?
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 16:54:30 »
Quote from: Phaedrus2129;165935
One more question, and you may not have an answer. The popularity of mechanical keyboards has been going up. Not quickly, but it is on the rise. Even Thermaltake is releasing a Cherry keyboard, and a few other keyboard manufacturers have quietly entered the mechanical ring, like Adesso. There are also a few specialty boards being released soon, like the new TrulyErgonomic (http://www.trulyergonomic.com/) and Mini-Guru (http://www.guru-board.com/). I've also noticed that certain models of mechanical keyboard on ebay have gotten harder to find, even in the time that I've been following them.

Some of this interest, especially among enthusiasts, is probably due to Manyak's thread on Overclock.net, which is now the top Google result for "mechanical keyboard".

So with this renewed interest in mechanical keyboards... Are you aware of any plans on Microsoft's part to release one? At the very least, it's probably much easier to make a PCB-based mech board NKRO than a membrane board.

It's straightforward to make mechanical keyboards that support large numbers of simultaneous key strokes - use a big printed circuit board and put a diode in series with each mechanical key. The problem is that it is rather expensive. Of course, if enough people really wanted these things AND they were willing to pay for them, I imagine MS and the other large keyboard manufacturers would respond appropriately. But by their nature, most of the big players have too much overhead to get involved in small market products. In some ways, this is good for the industry because it gives smaller players a place where they can succeed and grow before going toe-to-toe with the big guys.

The X4 is an interesting product because it attempts to bring a rather high-end keyboard feature to the mass market. My hope is that it will be a huge hit. If it is, it will send a message to major keyboard manufacturers that making sophisticated, core functionality improvements pays off. However, if it only sells modestly, it will be a huge red flag, indicating that we are having trouble explaining the value proposition...

Offline Phaedrus2129

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 20:10:34 »
This may be stupid, but I just had an idea. What about a compromise between a mechanical and a rubber dome? Not like a Topre or anything, no. What I mean is...

In a typical membrane keyboard you have three membranes: top one with the rubber domes, middle spacer membrane, and bottom membrane with the contact surface. What if you replaced that bottom membrane with a PCB? You'd then be able to put a diode after each rubber dome switch, thus giving NKRO. It would be more expensive than a typical rubber dome, but less expensive than a mechanical keyboard because you don't have to use mechanical switches.

You would be able to provide an NKRO rubber dome keyboard in the $50 range, compared to the cheapest NKRO mechanical keyboards like the $70 Adesso MKB-135B.

There's probably some reason this hasn't been done yet, but nothing that stands out to me. Please point out my stupidity.
Previously owned: Ricercar SPOS, IBM M13 92G7461 1994, XArmor U9BL, XArmor U9W prototype, Cherry G80-8200LPDUS, Cherry G84-4100, Compaq MX-11800, Chicony KB-5181 (SMK Monterey), Reveal KB-7061, Cirque Wave Keyboard (ergonomic rubber domes), NMB RT101 (rubber dome), Dell AT101W

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 20:15:24 »
Quote from: Paul Dietz;165965
It's straightforward to make mechanical keyboards that support large numbers of simultaneous key strokes - use a big printed circuit board and put a diode in series with each mechanical key. The problem is that it is rather expensive

BULL****.
In a quantity of 1,000 pieces, my local electronics parts shop sells diodes for THREE CENTS each.

Likely, a Logitech or Microsoft would be buying in quantities of 100,000 or more, so I'd expect a steeper drop.

104 units for 104 keys = $3.12 extra.  Even adding extra tooling and assembly cost, there's no reason the retail boost can't be $20 or less.

Note the delta of price on Filcos is $25 for NKRO.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 20:37:19 »
Hak, you seem to be oblivious to the realities of marketing (as well as enthusiastically rude). OEMs look for ways to cut 1/2 cent in manufacturing costs even if it compromises functionality for 20% of the consumer base. Adding $3 for a feature recognized by fewer than 10% of the customer base simply Ain't Gonna Happen without strongly established evidence of 30 dollar profit per unit (10x mfg cost increase in profit, not revenue).

I'm basing this on professional experience in NVIDIA graphics board and motherboard reference designs. Keyboards are different, but not much different. The OEMs are much the same.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 March 2010, 20:43:42 by ricercar »
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 20:40:36 »
Quote from: ricercar;166038
Hak, you seem to be oblivious to the realities of marketing (as well as enthusiastically rude). OEMs look for ways to cut 1/2 cent in manufacturing costs even if it compromises functionality for 20% of the consumer base. Adding 3 dollars for a feature recognized by under 10% of the customer base simply Ain't Gonna Happen without strongly established evidence of 30 dollar profit per unit (10x profit, not revenue).

Sadly I've seen this as well, both in manufacturing and jobs.

Offline Mental Hobbit

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 20:45:21 »
Quote from: Hak Foo;166033
BULL****.
In a quantity of 1,000 pieces, my local electronics parts shop sells diodes for THREE CENTS each.

The question was about a mechanical keyboard. I don't think Paul Dietz was saying the diodes would be expensive. Rather the mechanical stuff around the diodes.
Typing on blues.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 21:16:46 »
Well, we know what a mechanical board can be sold for: $50 (Scorpius M10.  So an NKRO M10 at 80.00 is feasible.  At 120, it's a scam.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline Phaedrus2129

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 21:25:33 »
Quote from: Hak Foo;166047
Well, we know what a mechanical board can be sold for: $50 (Scorpius M10.  So an NKRO M10 at 80.00 is feasible.  At 120, it's a scam.

Adesso MKB-135B is basically an NKRO M10, and it's $71 at Provantage.

Offline Paul Dietz

Variations...
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 21:27:52 »
Quote from: Phaedrus2129;166031
This may be stupid, but I just had an idea. What about a compromise between a mechanical and a rubber dome? Not like a Topre or anything, no. What I mean is...

In a typical membrane keyboard you have three membranes: top one with the rubber domes, middle spacer membrane, and bottom membrane with the contact surface. What if you replaced that bottom membrane with a PCB? You'd then be able to put a diode after each rubber dome switch, thus giving NKRO. It would be more expensive than a typical rubber dome, but less expensive than a mechanical keyboard because you don't have to use mechanical switches.

You would be able to provide an NKRO rubber dome keyboard in the $50 range, compared to the cheapest NKRO mechanical keyboards like the $70 Adesso MKB-135B.

There's probably some reason this hasn't been done yet, but nothing that stands out to me. Please point out my stupidity.

I've heard of companies trying pretty much all the variants - buckling springs with membranes for electrical switching, domes on top of printed circuit boards, etc.

Not to be redundant, the resistive membrane technique is the answer you've been looking for. It really does let you see every key for a very modest cost increase over traditional membranes. On the X4, the max number of simultaneous keys is limited by debounce processing and USB communications - not by the matrix. And we have been mocked for the level of overkill we've already implemented in X4. I believe it's more than ANY other USB keyboard on the market. Oh, and it lists for US$59.99, with Amazon selling it for under US$50 during pre-orders.

So, short answer - SideWinder X4 is a membrane-based keyboard that easily meets your simultaneous key pressing needs, and sells for about the price you want. Problem solved!
:smile:

Offline Phaedrus2129

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 21:36:26 »
I just read one of those pages you linked, and I think it changed since last time...

I thought that the 26-key thing was a maximum, and that 11 in the alphanum section was a maximum. But you're claiming that it's 11 key minimum?

In other words, it's 11KRO. Or, in clearer terms, it's NKRO limited by USB... and you've loosened the USB limits.

If so, doh to me for failed reading comprehension.

But in that case couldn't you just use PS/2 and not have to worry about messing around with USB and its limitations? Even the OS limitations for over 11 keys? Or is it a matter of marketing saying it needs to be USB?

Offline Paul Dietz

SideWinder X4 Anti-ghosting...
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 22:15:47 »
Quote from: Phaedrus2129;166052
I just read one of those pages you linked, and I think it changed since last time...

I thought that the 26-key thing was a maximum, and that 11 in the alphanum section was a maximum. But you're claiming that it's 11 key minimum?

In other words, it's 11KRO. Or, in clearer terms, it's NKRO limited by USB... and you've loosened the USB limits.

If so, doh to me for failed reading comprehension.

But in that case couldn't you just use PS/2 and not have to worry about messing around with USB and its limitations? Even the OS limitations for over 11 keys? Or is it a matter of marketing saying it needs to be USB?

26 keys is the maximum you can send with the USB reporting structure that we are using. However, those are not 26 generic slots. Some are for QWERTY keys, some are for modifiers, etc. This is all detailed here:

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/SideWinderX4.mspx

If you ignore the Media and Macro keys, you can press ANY 17 keys, and they will properly report. So I guess that is 17KRO by your definition.

But you are correct that there are software issues on the PC-side that as best I can tell, limit you to 11 simultaneous key presses, or 11KRO when using USB if you want error-free operation. You are correct that PS/2 doesn't have this problem (at least not that I know of), but it does have other serious limitations, the most important being that it isn't available on many modern machines, particularly laptops.

Since the problem is a software one, there is a good chance that we will be able to create a fix. No promises here, but we are looking into it. I have tried X4 on some non-MS operating systems, and while this isn't officially supported, it does seem to mostly work. (Obviously, you lose the macro functionality, etc.) And this gets you around the 12+ key problem.:ohwell:

Anyhow, I hope this clears things up...

Offline Phaedrus2129

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 22:18:49 »
Yes it has, and it's been a pleasure being able to talk to someone actually doing research and engineering in this subject (again). :)

Offline ohmage

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 21 March 2010, 22:47:41 »
well i was going to order a majestouch but i think i will wait for the X4 to hit the shelves in AUS... cheers for the info Paul and everyone else. peace!

Offline gcogger

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 22 March 2010, 04:13:47 »
Quote from: Paul Dietz;166051
So, short answer - SideWinder X4 is a membrane-based keyboard that easily meets your simultaneous key pressing needs, and sells for about the price you want. Problem solved!
:smile:

If only you made it in white/cream/light grey :)

OK, I know I'm in the minority, but visibility of the key legends would be so much better.  And no, the backlighting doesn't entirely make up for it.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 22 March 2010, 08:57:31 »
Mr. Dietz, I would pay big money for an MS Natural 4000 with Cherry Brown switches.  Thanks, and welcome to Geekhack.

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 22 March 2010, 09:52:33 »
Quote from: itlnstln;166117
Mr. Dietz, I would pay big money for an MS Natural 4000 with Cherry Brown switches.  Thanks, and welcome to Geekhack.

I was holding back from saying the same thing. MS have made a great layout (4000), a way of giving good rollover using cheap components on membrane (X4), and tenkeyless/ambidextrous layout (X6). All they need now is decent switch feel and they could become our favourite keyboard maker. Scary huh?

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 22 March 2010, 10:00:39 »
The MS Natural 4000 is one of my all-time favorite keyboards. I absolutely LOVE the layout, the "leather" palm rest, the media buttons (the calculator button was one of my faves, too) and how flat it sits on the desk. Not to mention it even looks pretty sexy on top of all of that with its low-key color combinations. It's just a damn-shame that it's a rubber dome 'board. My feeling is that if you're going to spend a certain amount of extra money on an "ergo" layout, you might as well get the ergo switches to go with it. That said, if are spending a certain amount of extra money on an ergo layout, you might as well get a truly ergo 'board with an adjustable split, but the split in the MS Natural 4000 is about perfect for me.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 March 2010, 10:03:44 by itlnstln »

Offline Phaedrus2129

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 22 March 2010, 10:06:52 »
Plus the adjustable ergo boards don't look as sexy as the fixed ones. For instance, that ergo Model M (I forget what it's called) is ugly as sin. It looks like a toy. I'm sure it's a pure joy to type on, but the Natural 4000 at least looks better.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 22 March 2010, 10:13:09 »
Quote from: Phaedrus2129;166132
Plus the adjustable ergo boards don't look as sexy as the fixed ones. For instance, that ergo Model M (I forget what it's called) is ugly as sin. It looks like a toy. I'm sure it's a pure joy to type on, but the Natural 4000 at least looks better.

The uTron is pretty damn sexy.  It also costs a pretty damn sexy $500 (just like the M15 if you can find one).

Offline Phaedrus2129

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 22 March 2010, 10:21:50 »
The uTron does look a bit better than the M15... A purer white color, no gray keys. The price tag, though... Eh, at least it's not up to Optimum Maximus levels. :p

Offline namelessguy

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 24 March 2010, 09:48:02 »
Wow, so much stuff to discuss going on here!

But first of all thank you very much Dr. Dietz for clarifying my question!

And, damn the marketing people!
Wherever they are they never tell what really matters and just put up useless nonsense!
Does it hurt to add a one-liner or just a few words like "USB full-speed"?
You know Logitech Rumblepad2 boasts its accurate d-pad but they never talk about its durability! Transfer rate of 1.5 Mb/s on USB low-speed is complete bogus! And... oh, well, whatever.

And a few more to add..
Actually, no: PS/2 converters are notorious for their 6KRO.
It doesn't matter my model F is virtually NKRO, any convertor that hasn't got a special driver will only pick up the first 6 keys.
There is an exception I know of; the DRKBCN keyboard converter by Dharma Point, which seems to use the standard USB HID driver and yet it is 10-key rollover capable. Though the gimmick behind this looks tricky indeed. Also it's a bit expensive.

So, short answer - SideWinder X4 is a membrane-based keyboard that easily meets your simultaneous key pressing needs, and sells for about the price you want.
Ah, that should be true but the smaller ESC keys on recent Microsoft keyboards were deal-breaker to me.
Also, if I'm allowed to say, I'm a bit ambivalent about the "eat your own dog food" saying ...or was it just inside MSKK Japan? Anyway, although this is indeed a good thing to remember as a sharp, effective warning on quality control and moral standards, it still doesn't sound like they're aiming at higher quality standards. At least I'd insist that Microsoft should improve the "key feeling" on many keyboards for better customer satisfaction - while most will just tolerate, I feel it's just pretty much too mediocre.

The uTron is pretty damn sexy. It also costs a pretty damn sexy $500 (just like the M15 if you can find one).
Besides its price tag, you should watch that the key size is smaller (17mm) than your standard keyboards (19mm).

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 24 March 2010, 11:47:20 »
Quote from: Phaedrus2129;166136
The uTron does look a bit better than the M15... A purer white color, no gray keys. The price tag, though... Eh, at least it's not up to Optimum Maximus levels. :p

At least it's actually ergonomic.

Offline ohmage

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 24 March 2010, 16:29:39 »
hey guys

@Mr. Dietz: Does the PCB run under or past the wrist rest on the sidewinder X4?
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 March 2010, 16:47:39 by ohmage »

Offline Paul Dietz

X4 wrist rest...
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 26 March 2010, 09:18:06 »
Quote from: ohmage;166591
hey guys

@Mr. Dietz: Does the PCB run under or past the wrist rest on the sidewinder X4?

I'm presuming you want to give it the bandsaw treatment to remove the wrist rest. That just might have an impact on the warranty... :wink:

I'll have to go look again to see how far things go down. If I recall correctly, the main issue would be the backlighting circuitry that is on the bottom. I don't think it goes all the way down the wrist rest, but I think it does extend into it a bit.

Offline arc2

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 12 October 2010, 13:58:24 »
Interesting read, I am currently in the process of returning my brand new Razer Lycosa due to it's 2KRO limitations.

It's nice to see one of the Microsoft team take some time out to discuss their product in an open forum, makes me think they believe they are on to a winner.

On the strength of this and other reviews I have just ordered one, fingers crossed it does the job like I hope it does.

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 12 October 2010, 16:06:16 »
To Paul Dietz,
Thanks for all of the interesting, excellent and informative responses, a truely good read.

Quote from: Paul Dietz;165965
... But by their nature, most of the big players have too much overhead to get involved in small market products. In some ways, this is good for the industry because it gives smaller players a place where they can succeed and grow before going toe-to-toe with the big guys.

A very respected viewpoint and realization, one that is many times overlooked in recent years. That made me smile =)

Quote from: Phaedrus2129;166031
... What if you replaced that bottom membrane with a PCB? You'd then be able to put a diode after each rubber dome switch, thus giving NKRO....
....There's probably some reason this hasn't been done yet, but nothing that stands out to me. Please point out my stupidity.

That is a very reasonable idea, not stupid in anyway. Which is why some rubber dome keyboards and some capacitive keyboards were made that way.
Indeed it has been done, as far as NKRO though I have no idea what they eventually did. I forgot if the Model F is N-key, I think it is, in which case it has been done =)

Quote from: Hak Foo;166033

...In a quantity of 1,000 pieces, my local electronics parts shop sells diodes for THREE CENTS each.
Likely, a Logitech or Microsoft would be buying in quantities of 100,000 or more, so I'd expect a steeper drop.
104 units for 104 keys = $3.12 extra.  Even adding extra tooling and assembly cost, there's no reason the retail boost can't be $20 or less.
Note the delta of price on Filcos is $25 for NKRO.

It's not always the strict "material" costs, infact that is an uncommon way to measure production. It has more to do with production process, including but not limited to- tooling+ time/labor+ production programing+ available production space+ equipment changes+ subcontractors...
you get the picture =S

Quote from: Hak Foo;166047

A new car could probably be sold for $5,000, that doesn't mean it's a good one or one that has the features that many want. The keyboard you just mentioned is not capable of many of the things mentioned in this thread, nor is the quality acceptable to many people.
I can certainly understand your frustration though. Unfortunately over time many "name" brands compared to cheap knockoffs have greatly distorted both extremes of the pricing spectrum.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 October 2010, 17:08:11 by clickclack »
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 14 October 2010, 06:31:49 »
Speaking of membrane boards with NKRO, did anyone mention the Siemens (Fujitsu-Siemens / Fujitsu, whatever) KBPC E a.k.a. Kinesis Maxim yet? Has everything soldered on the membranes, including controller and diodes. Interesting technology for sure. Sadly their boards with regular layouts dropped this kind of construction many moons ago due to price pressure.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 01 December 2010, 01:16:39 »
I hope this Windows problem on USB keyboard will be fixed before too long.
This problem prevents decent mech USB keyboard from exercising full performance.
(Though almost membrane may not be affected.)

I can't understand why MS leave this problem intact such long time.
Frankly, I think this is a bug.

Quote from: Paul Dietz;166055

But you are correct that there are software issues on the PC-side that as best I can tell, limit you to 11 simultaneous key presses, or 11KRO when using USB if you want error-free operation. You are correct that PS/2 doesn't have this problem (at least not that I know of), but it does have other serious limitations, the most important being that it isn't available on many modern machines, particularly laptops.

Since the problem is a software one, there is a good chance that we will be able to create a fix. No promises here, but we are looking into it. I have tried X4 on some non-MS operating systems, and while this isn't officially supported, it does seem to mostly work. (Obviously, you lose the macro functionality, etc.) And this gets you around the 12+ key problem.:ohwell:

Anyhow, I hope this clears things up...

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 01 December 2010, 06:40:43 »
How is NKRO achieved in capacitative keyboards?

I wonder.. Has anybody tried to lay half-a-membrane on top of a capacitative switch circuit board and seen if that worked? The membrane would not even have to be connected to anything.
Edit: I did try my Keytronic KT101 (capacitative) and KT1000 (rubber dome/membrane). Both membranes: Nothing. Omitting the lower membrane: Too much all over the place.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 December 2010, 14:05:53 by Findecanor »

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 15:18:47 »
Quote from: Findecanor;254826
How is NKRO achieved in capacitative keyboards?

I faintly remember it's inherent, but it's been an awfully long time since we last discussed that here (must have been in some mod thread that dealt with a controller for such boards). Involved something about transients being registered. A bunch of old patents, too.

Model Fs have *two* capacitive pads per key. It's certainly easier to keep the state of the key matrix coherent if you have an inverted version as well.... or maybe they used differential capacitance.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline redpill

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 12:00:41 »
Quote from: itlnstln;166131
The MS Natural 4000 is one of my all-time favorite keyboards. I absolutely LOVE the layout, the "leather" palm rest, the media buttons (the calculator button was one of my faves, too) and how flat it sits on the desk. Not to mention it even looks pretty sexy on top of all of that with its low-key color combinations. It's just a damn-shame that it's a rubber dome 'board. My feeling is that if you're going to spend a certain amount of extra money on an "ergo" layout, you might as well get the ergo switches to go with it. That said, if are spending a certain amount of extra money on an ergo layout, you might as well get a truly ergo 'board with an adjustable split, but the split in the MS Natural 4000 is about perfect for me.

This!  I also wind up using the volume and calculator buttons pretty often (slow launching on first attempting keypress though, must be a software issue with MS Keyboard).  I'd buy a mechanical version in a heartbeat at 3x the price.

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2