Author Topic: Kensington Expert v5 button mapping help?  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Voixdelion

Kensington Expert v5 button mapping help?
« on: Sun, 08 August 2010, 17:03:32 »
Okay I have a bit of a bad habit of accidentally clicking the top two buttons on the trackball from time to time.  Usually this is either having no effect at all or will bring up the rt click menu and I simply close it again, but this is especially annoying during web sessions because then it kicks in the behavior of navigating forward or backward a page and despite having the wonderful tool "Lazarus" installed on Firefox, I actually managed to lose a very long carefully crafted response on the ebay forum yesterday because of it.

I have an idea that the about:config page might be useful here but not quite sure how.  Anybody know how to make those buttons do nothing in Firefox?    I read somewhere that this was assigned function by windows at the driver level, but that means almost nothing to me as far as how to fix the behavior to stop.  I'll re download the drivers and reinstall whatever was the most recent for this, but I have tried that before also and the behavior either keeps coming back or is never actually gone if I do attempt a fix.

Thanks, in advance for any info on this.  I love my expert v5, Currently using Firefox 3.6.3 (the updates from at least 3.5 on were tanking my system and browser kept crashing  - I rolled it back to 6.3 until I hear that others have fared better. Also XP pro sp3  if that helps
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 August 2010, 14:22:37 »
Quote from: Voixdelion;210482
Okay I have a bit of a bad habit of accidentally clicking the top two buttons on the trackball

Need moar:

Yeah!
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 August 2010, 14:55:07 »
I've actually got a few of those hockey puck mice lying around. I should get rid of them though. They tarnish my username.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS