Author Topic: Too far maybe? Mice w/ switches. ;)  (Read 2390 times)

Offline pcross

Too far maybe? Mice w/ switches. ;)
« on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 15:44:13 »
Okay, I'm absolutely drooling over here... Has anyone ever thought about mounting a couple of alps switches in a mouse? With the right keys, and the right switches it would feel absolutely heavenly... It couldn't be too difficult.

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 17:19:48 »
It would probably add quite a lot of weight to the mouse. And certainly wouldn't feel right compared to the normal microswitches used. What would be nice is aside from the use of higher quality microswitches, also use other brands of microswitches besides omron and zippy(like saia-buress and whatnot).

And like Ripster pointed out a few weeks ago the possibility of mice being redesigned to use lever-action microswitches. Instead of the usual mice microswitches relying on a downward force via a stem.

Offline theferenc

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 21:13:05 »
Maybe not for a mouse, but for a trackball, I could see this being useful. Something like the CST with the extra button inputs would be perfect for that.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 21:46:59 »
I think that would work nice with the mouse buttons on a laptop track pad.