Author Topic: [IC]Harimau and Penyu Switch - Force Curve Graphs! GB 8/8 to 31/8!  (Read 42132 times)

Offline hong@RebultKeyboards

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
GB Started

267725-0
This project has been in the works for quite some time now, and we are glad to be finally ready to share it!
Introducing the Wildlife Switches line. It comprises two switches, one linear and one tactile.

Origin
We have been long fascinated by long stem pole frankens such as BCP (Black Cherry Pie) / Creampacas [Linear] and Zykos [Tactile]. While we are not looking to exactly replicate the aforementioned frankens, we want to provide a similar long stem pole experience with a slight twist. That was how the project came to life.

Naming
We wanted something meaningful and impactful at the same time. After some consideration, we decided on the names “Harimau” (Tiger) and “Penyu” (Turtle). It is a tribute to two increasingly endangered animals, the Malayan Tiger and the Marine Turtle. Coming from Malaysia ourselves, we wanted to raise awareness on this issue and make an impact ourselves at the same time. This is why we are committed to donating a set amount from the total sales of these switches to local wildlife conservation funds (TBD). We are also considering a themed deskmat sale in which all proceeds will be heading to the same wildlife conservation funds.

Switches
Now, moving onto the switches themselves. Here are the details:

267727-1
Harimau (Tiger)
- Tactile Switch
- 67g Spring
- Long Pole POM Stem
- Nylon Top Housing
- Nylon Blend Bottom Housing

267729-2
Penyu (Turtle)
- Linear Switch
- 62g Spring
- Long Pole POM Stem
- Nylon Top Housing
- Nylon Blend Bottom Housing

Both of these switches bottom out on the centre pole, which provides a fuller bottom out sound, similar to the frankens that inspired these switches. We have the samples at hand, and can say that we are impressed so far with the feel and sound of the switches, especially Penyu. It has a really crisp and noticeable bottom out sound, while feeling smooth even without lube. Harimau on the other hand has just the right amount of tactility in our opinion, not jarringly harsh yet not extremely weak, a smooth yet strong bump is how we would best describe it. There would be some travel distance left after the tactile event, but if you choose to bottom out while typing they would have a similar ‘explosive’ tactile feel to Zykos, albeit a little more subdued. Sound tests will be included later on in the timeline to show just how good these switches sound stock, and even more so lubed and filmed.

One frequent complaint with long pole frankenswitches such as the BCP that makes them not favoured by some is the noticeably reduced travel distance, which in turn disrupts feel. While the Harimau and Penyu also have a shorter travel distance than your usual MX style switch, the travel is slightly longer compared to BCPs and other cream-stem frankens, which in turn feels quite a bit more comfortable and easier to get used to when coming from ‘regular’ switches.

Housing and Stem Colours
267731-3267733-4267735-5

The stem will be a pure white colour.

Sound Tests
The main sound tests were recorded with the mic placed quite far away, so they might sound slightly thinner compared to if the mic was closer. But they are accurate in terms of that POV. We will be uploading close-up audio sound tests as well!

Harimau(Stock)

Harimau (Lubed and filmed)

Harimau (Lubed and Filmed, Better Mic Placement, Audio Only)

Penyu (Stock)

Penyu (Lubed and filmed)

Penyu (Lubed and Filmed, Better Mic Placement, Audio Only)

BCP and Zyko comparisons

Vendors
US - ThocKeys
CA - Mech.land
AU - ALLCAPS
UK - Proto[Typist]
EU - CandyKeys
SEA (PH) - Zion Studios
SEA (MY/SG) - Rebult Keyboards
IN - StacksKB
MX - RHESET
CN - Zfronfier

Group Buy Period
8/8/2021 - 31/8/2021

Timeline
4/5/2021 - IC Announced
1/6/2021 - Stock Sound Tests
3/6/2021 - Lubed and Filmed Sound Tests
CURRENT STATUS - GB Starts 8/8 and ends on 31/8

To Do List
Uncolored samples
Sound tests
Pricing
Colored samples
Vendors - Contact us if you’re a vendor and are interested in this project!
Reviews - If you're a reviewer/content creator and you're interested in covering the switches, do contact us!

IC Form Here: https://forms.gle/vq2Mix67qzcWSaPZ8
Join our Discord Here for discussion and first-hand updates (slight teasers of sound tests have also been posted there before)
https://discord.gg/shUxDbN86h
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 August 2021, 00:48:51 by hong@RebultKeyboards »

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Force Curve Graphs measured by Pylon, big thanks!

273517-0
273519-1
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 August 2021, 16:09:44 by hong@RebultKeyboards »

Offline vi0till

I love the fact that you are using the national language to name the switch.

Offline Nonnegaard

Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline doggo1dance

interesting project! glwic  :thumb:

Offline ddnomad

This linear switch looks promising. I’m a big fan of creamsicles and black cherry pies so I’ll be keeping an eye on this one for sure :)

Offline reynarD

I will TAKE your ENTIRE STOCKKK

jk. looks so damn good tho. definitely count me in.

Offline GhostTedd

This looks really great.

Offline Baka Bot

Proprietary hmmm

Offline darthcapn

I know sound tests do not do justice of any kind to the switches, but could you post one if you have the samples at hand?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline LeoZ

Are these similar to Naevy switches?

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
I'm gonna save so much money from frankenswitching.

EDIT: While I’ve got you here, since you’ve offered these switches lubed and filmed, I might as well request if we can get these springs swapped for TX ones (particularly the 16mm ones).
You’ve gotten us this far with bypassing so many switches, what’s one more little thing right 👀
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 May 2021, 12:05:09 by lush_bunny »

Offline konnichiyaz

glwic! looking forward to it! always nice to have a good cause.
[/url]

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
I know sound tests do not do justice of any kind to the switches, but could you post one if you have the samples at hand?

It is coming soon! :)

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards

EDIT: While I’ve got you here, since you’ve offered these switches lubed and filmed, I might as well request if we can get these springs swapped for TX ones (particularly the 16mm ones).
You’ve gotten us this far with bypassing so many switches, what’s one more little thing right 👀

The lubed and filmed is just for sound test purposes, we are doing that ourselves manually :)

As for springs, we will definitely consider!

Offline VAMP

• VAMP
    • Buy me a Ko-fi maybe?
In! Waiting for the sound test for both! :D
Your friendly neighbourhood graphic designer. Hit me up if you need any graphic works! ✏️

https://www.instagram.com/by.vamp/

Offline equinoxe7

Love it! Good luck with the ic. Looking forward to the Harimau switch!

Offline lush_bunny

The lubed and filmed is just for sound test purposes, we are doing that ourselves manually :)

As for springs, we will definitely consider!

Damn, misunderstood it. Either way, I appreciate it. At the very least, some tests with different springs might be useful.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2021, 06:50:31 by lush_bunny »

Offline jabe8i

How is the tactility compared to the t1? Also love the 2 tone housing.

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards

I would say similar but it is a slightly sharper bump compared to the T1

Offline iaman

Is it using an existing stem mold—perhaps the Rara stem, which is sharper but with some pretravel before the bump, with a T1 leaf making this similar to the Twilight switch—or is this a completely new stem mold?

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards

Is it using an existing stem mold—perhaps the Rara stem, which is sharper but with some pretravel before the bump, with a T1 leaf making this similar to the Twilight switch—or is this a completely new stem mold?

I believe these stems are relatively new, not sure if they are used in any switches yet, though they are not exclusive to us.

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Thanks everyone for the interest! We have basically gotten 5-digit interest for both switches already in under 2 days!
Do continue to fill in the form if you are interested! That allows us to better gauge numbers and work with vendors!

Up Next:
Sound Tests
Vendors

Offline lush_bunny

Thanks everyone for the interest! We have basically gotten 5-digit interest for both switches already in under 2 days!
Do continue to fill in the form if you are interested! That allows us to better gauge numbers and work with vendors!

Up Next:
Sound Tests
Vendors

Hype

Offline iaman

I believe these stems are relatively new, not sure if they are used in any switches yet, though they are not exclusive to us.
Thanks!

Offline vienarr

✅ nice color theme
✅ raising wildlife awareness
✅ available in linear and tactile
✅ cute switch name

Offline nurakh

Count me in! I'll buy both if the price is the same or even cheaper than alpaca.

Offline dwang040

Looks interesting! But I was curious, what is the travel distance for the Penyu switch? Will be shorter than 4mm like the Frankenstein switches (creampacas and creamsicles)?

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Looks interesting! But I was curious, what is the travel distance for the Penyu switch? Will be shorter than 4mm like the Frankenstein switches (creampacas and creamsicles)?

Slightly shorter but not as short as the mentioned frankens. We find it more comfortable but still provides the same nice bottom out as the frankens.

Offline Ranger_Trivette

interested  :thumb:

Offline Kronenbourg1664

Discord link seems to be expired, also when is the expected GB/in-stock sale?

Offline Mr Chrome

Aw, will it? I was kinda hoping it was a cream for the Harimau and a very light pastel green for the Penyu, the way it looks in the renders...  :-X
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline lush_bunny

Aw, will it? I was kinda hoping it was a cream for the Harimau and a very light pastel green for the Penyu, the way it looks in the renders...  :-X

I think they're pure white in the renders, they just look the way you described because of the background.

Offline Mr Chrome

I think they're pure white in the renders, they just look the way you described because of the background.

Ah, yeah I figured that’s what it was. I just thought if it was a lightly colored stem, that would be cuter looking and a bit more unique. But white is a safe bet.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline lush_bunny

Ah, yeah I figured that’s what it was. I just thought if it was a lightly colored stem, that would be cuter looking and a bit more unique. But white is a safe bet.

I think it would be a good thing though if they were different colors so you wouldn't accidentally mix them up when lubing, modding, etc.

Offline Mr Chrome

I think it would be a good thing though if they were different colors so you wouldn't accidentally mix them up when lubing, modding, etc.
That’s a good point, for sure! God knows I’ve mixed up Raeds and Naevies like that ._.

Offline peraph

• -
I think the Discord invitation link was expired.

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Updated the Discord link.

Working hard to get the sound tests up soon! Will work on vendors after we get that done, sorry for the wait everyone! 🙏🏻

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Re: [IC]Harimau and Penyu Switch - Stock Sound Tests!!!
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 12:32:23 »
Stock sound tests are out! They are sound tests after all so it is not everything, but hopefully they give a good enough idea on how they will sound. Working on lubed and filmed next! Will also record BCP and Zykos with the same setup as a benchmark afterwards.

Offline lush_bunny

Re: [IC]Harimau and Penyu Switch - Stock Sound Tests!!!
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 14:41:41 »
Stock sound tests are out! They are sound tests after all so it is not everything, but hopefully they give a good enough idea on how they will sound. Working on lubed and filmed next! Will also record BCP and Zykos with the same setup as a benchmark afterwards.

So far so good :)

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Re: [IC]Harimau and Penyu Switch - More Sound Tests!
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 14:37:36 »
Lubed and Filmed sound tests now out!

Also included a bonus close-up sound test outside of case :thumb:

Do share around if you liked them!

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 14:57:48 »
Thanks for the new sound tests! The mic sounds too far away though, is it possible to have a test with the mic closer? I can just be an audio file. Thanks!

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 15:37:10 »
Thanks for the new sound tests! The mic sounds too far away though, is it possible to have a test with the mic closer? I can just be an audio file. Thanks!

Added for Penyu for now, you're in for a treat ;)
The mic was indeed placed at a distance so it sounds slightly thinner compared to if the mic was to be placed closer. We will get the close-up audio sound tests out ASAP!
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 June 2021, 00:58:08 by hong@RebultKeyboards »

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 19:00:49 »

Added for Penyu for now, you're in for a treat ;)
We will work on better sound tests soon, the mic was indeed placed too far for the main sound tests, hopefully this will do for now!

Noice. Thank you!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 19:18:40 »
Would like to see force graph.

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 21:38:38 »
Ah, dang it, that close up Penyu audio is really good! Please tell me group buy price for these switches will make them cost less than in-stock JWK D:

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 09:43:02 »
Interested.  Consider Prototypist for UK vendor.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline noorejji

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 11:28:54 »
Will be interesting to see a comparison between these two switches and bcp & zyco. There’s been some recent efforts to replicate these frankens, but afaik, or imo at least, no actual substitutes yet. No info on the springs though, stock JWK/Durock? Springs are very much preference so it’s not a deal breaker if they’re not all that, but it would be interesting if you did some experimentation with the usual suspects.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 June 2021, 11:31:49 by noorejji »

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 20:56:23 »
Any idea of time for GB?

Offline namidettje

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 14:42:56 »
After the sound tests....c-mon, put a price tag on it and lets go with the GB! :)

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #50 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 16:59:35 »
If by any reason I'm not able to join this GB, I really really hope you guys would consider in-stock.

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 20:59:05 »
Would like to see force graph.
Working on it!

Will be interesting to see a comparison between these two switches and bcp & zyco. There’s been some recent efforts to replicate these frankens, but afaik, or imo at least, no actual substitutes yet. No info on the springs though, stock JWK/Durock? Springs are very much preference so it’s not a deal breaker if they’re not all that, but it would be interesting if you did some experimentation with the usual suspects.
We have gone with the stock route this time around, but the Harimau will be using a longer 16mm spring to reduce ping to the minimum after some experimentation. As you said, spring is very much preference so we decided to go with the safe route that everyone's familiar with and the people with more specific preferences for springs will be able to swap them out. From our testing, the stock options are definitely sufficient.

After the sound tests....c-mon, put a price tag on it and lets go with the GB! :)
We will try to accelerate things! Just waiting on the coloured samples now and finalizing with vendors. We can't wait for these to be out there too!

If by any reason I'm not able to join this GB, I really really hope you guys would consider in-stock.
Will definitely make sure to have a decent amount of extras afterwards, then if demand is still there, we will coordinate with the vendors to meet MOQ and do future restock runs.

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
BCP and Zyko Comparisons are up!
Also, most vendors are announced.
Currently waiting for coloured samples to arrive in order to set concrete dates, they have been produced and is on the way to us!

Offline Charks!

Just stripped my Tofu for rebuilt, definitely will wait & put these in. Giving my support for fellow Malaysian & for a good cause  :thumb:

Offline lush_bunny

Yo my local vendor Zion was approved? Awesome. Looking forward to this!
(And the switch force curve graphs too lol)
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 June 2021, 02:32:06 by lush_bunny »

Offline noorejji

Convincing sound test. Looking forward to GB

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Yo my local vendor Zion was approved? Awesome. Looking forward to this!
(And the switch force curve graphs too lol)

Convincing sound test. Looking forward to GB

Just stripped my Tofu for rebuilt, definitely will wait & put these in. Giving my support for fellow Malaysian & for a good cause  :thumb:

Thanks! Looking to have more concrete dates etc once we receive the coloured samples which should be here early next week! Want to make sure everything is good before proceeding.

Offline darthcapn

I would just go ahead and buy a couple of hundreds of each of these regardless of what color combo you end up having (never really into matching switches with themes kinda guy) the switch sounds really dope and I'd love to have it sooner than later.

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
getting the linears for sure, love everything I've seen and heard about them :Q

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Timeline will be slightly pushed back. We're not satisfied with the latest round of samples and will have to make another batch.

But we are also making some slight changes. The Harimau should be even closer and resemble Zykos more now.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Buying BIG bags of both.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline jabe8i

Timeline will be slightly pushed back. We're not satisfied with the latest round of samples and will have to make another batch.

But we are also making some slight changes. The Harimau should be even closer and resemble Zykos more now.

does this mean BIG tactility?? need that BUMPP

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards

does this mean BIG tactility?? need that BUMPP

Yep, BIGGG tactile, feels even crazier than Zyko in our opinions, whether it is "better" or not will come down to your own preferences haha

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Will they feel like Holy Panda?  I don't love holy panda originals or R1/R2.  Too crude for my like.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline noorejji

I mean it says in the title what they’re modeled after. HP are very different, so you can probably rest assured they won’t.

Offline sumbody

Is the actuation distance for the switches same as the usual JWKs given the longer pole? I found the Konpeitous to have a shorter actuation distance in comparison to the H1s, Alpacas, Mauves etc.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 July 2021, 11:38:48 by sumbody »

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Is the actuation distance for the switches same as the usual JWKs given the longer pole? I found the Konpeitous to have a shorter actuation distance in comparison to the H1s, Alpacas, Mauves etc.

Thanks.

Will definitely look into that, thanks for the heads up

Offline kylekwong1

I really want to see a review/test by content creators before the gb. They have the experience and the equipments to show the sound characteristics of the switch, which I think is nice to have for the buyers to make informed decisions

Offline sapisoi

any ideas for blue themed switch?  :D

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
I really want to see a review/test by content creators before the gb. They have the experience and the equipments to show the sound characteristics of the switch, which I think is nice to have for the buyers to make informed decisions

That is why we are waiting for a new batch of reworked samples to make sure they are up to our expectations and standards before running the gb. Rest assured they will be sent to prominent reviewers once that happens :D

Offline fiji water

• hello
what does this offer over an outemu red

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
New batch of samples should be here within these few days. Once they are here and they are up to our expectations, we will set a concrete date.

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
Re: [IC]Harimau and Penyu Switch - Almost There!
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 09:25:21 »
Latest batch of samples are here! They are good to go and on the way for reviews. We are also finalizing dates and prices for all of the regions.

Do note that there were some slight changes made to the switches since the first samples, so do expect it to vary slightly compared to the original sound tests. Although we should be taking sound tests with a pinch of salt anyway as every other part on the board will also alter the sounds. But personally I feel the changes made to Harimau especially have changed the experience quite a bit, especially stock, a very sharp and poppy experience, without much of the ping issues in the beginning, I'm personally way more excited for that now compared to the beginning of the project.

Samples have been sent to Theremingoat to comment on, so stay tuned for that! Dates will be announced very soon, we're almost there!

Offline lush_bunny

Re: [IC]Harimau and Penyu Switch - Almost There!
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 02:48:49 »
Samples have been sent to Theremingoat to comment on, so stay tuned for that! Dates will be announced very soon, we're almost there!

YES

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks to Pylon for the force curve graphs!
GB dates will be announced very soon!

Offline lush_bunny

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks to Pylon for the force curve graphs!
GB dates will be announced very soon!

Omg that Harimau Tactile Bump!