Author Topic: Spiderisland Split 78  (Read 927 times)

Offline spiza

Spiderisland Split 78
« on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 05:47:38 »
I got myself this keyboard but the keys for space and right shift are just some random buttons. I would love to buy myself a new keyset but I am having issues figuring out which will fit. It has box khaleh switches so probably any cherry will fit but the sizing of two space buttons and right shift is a complete mistery to me and I will probably have to take some 104 keycaps where I have no guarantee they will fit.

How do you handle those keysize issues, I am a bit new to the whole thing.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Spiderisland Split 78
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 06:57:07 »
Not 100% sure but looks like shift is 1.75u (same width as caps lock)?  If so that cap is common, usually shown next to an FN key intented for use on a 60% board.  2u caps for the spacebars are less common, one option would be getting an SA set as the numberpad + and Enter caps will be row 3 which is also commonly used for the bottom row.

Basically when you get a non standard board you have to look really carefully before pressing the buy button.  Feel free to post any set you're interested in and I'll check it :)

Edit:  Looking again at home are the 'spacebars' 2.25u (same width as enter)?
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 March 2021, 07:49:07 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Spiderisland Split 78
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 07:37:21 »
You also don't need to match ALL the caps. I don't know why there's such a fascination of having a SET, nothing is really part of a set. It's arbitrary.