Author Topic: [GB] SA Retro [Closed]  (Read 527856 times)

Offline FuriousGeorge

Re: [GB] SA Retro
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 10:31:39 »
Finally placed an order yesterday. It feels wrong to spend the same amount on a single set of keys as I paid for my last three keyboards combined, but I know I'll be kicking myself every time someone posts a picture. :)  Went with true retro, pro mods, petscii, colemak/dvorak, lime, small spacebars, and 2x blanks.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:10:54 »
Just paid my PayPal invoice for True Retro, Lime, Alt. Functions, and PETSCII. Can not wait to try out the SA profile! I was going to get a number pad set too but none of my keyboards have a number pad, and I do not have a standalone number pad either, so they would go to waste with me. I will probably regret it later when I buy a separate number pad though.

Offline micr0n

« Reply #352 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:23:26 »
Just paid my PayPal invoice for True Retro, Lime, Alt. Functions, and PETSCII. Can not wait to try out the SA profile! I was going to get a number pad set too but none of my keyboards have a number pad, and I do not have a standalone number pad either, so they would go to waste with me. I will probably regret it later when I buy a separate number pad though.

I was in the same predicament as well, but I actually have a number pad.  I choose not to get it cause I rarely use the number pad and it seem more of a waste to get it.  Plus, the original Commodore never had a number pad, so it seems fitting to just leave it out.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:27:01 »

I was in the same predicament as well, but I actually have a number pad.  I choose not to get it cause I rarely use the number pad and it seem more of a waste to get it.  Plus, the original Commodore never had a number pad, so it seems fitting to just leave it out.

My decision is aided by me being broke lol. I sold a few sets I had laying in my closet to finance my order.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #354 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:23:01 »
Hi all!

When the IC for this keycap set got posted I was dead set to go all in if an ISO Nordic kit would be available, which I requested in the IC thread. Then the Orion V2 GB happened and I had already committed to the Granite set on Massdrop. The dark reality slowly started to set in that I would not afford the SA Retro set with the ISO Nordic kit :(

Last night i re-visited ctrlalt.io to give it yet another thought. Slowly I started to realize that it would probably be a loooong wait before a great set like the Retro with ISO Nordic kit would be available again. So I decided to pull some money out of my savings account (which is only intended for emergencies and vacations) and placed my order.

Reason for writing this reply is to encourage others to do the same and pull the trigger on ISO language kits in this GB. If only a few orders on ISO language kits get placed we might not see any more kits at all in the future!  :eek:

Why do I fear this? Well.. I've seen this discussion and comments all over the place. The community shouts for ISO kits in their native language but when the GB finally happens, only few kits get ordered. I fear that great members like Matt3o will stop making language kits available in future GBs. I am very new to the community and my statement might be wrong. Still I've seen this discussion hence my fears.

So to ALL of you who crave ISO kits in your native language. Beg, borrow, steal... Well, maybe not steal but sell some **** on eBay and buy this set!  :thumb:

I also similarly ordered Granite's that I probably won't use

The main reason is SP's ****ty molding, with dark keys you don't notice issues much, yet with white keys like Granite, they are amplified significantly, I noticed this when I was using one of my Eve sets, they all had different footprints and W key was side molded for some reason which messed things further
It's really hard to pull off white keys

It's going to cost 278$'s - but I will probably join this GB too

I also intend to start selling some of my keycap sets, otherwise I can't justify the costs

I really really really hope you push SP on this drop to let the keycaps cool off properly after molding, on the Hack'd by Geeks set some R1's are slightly tilted, it becomes an issue if the plate is stainless steel or white, the imperfections/tilts are easily noticable from the shadow lines - if the plate is black, the shadow blends in with the plate and the imperfections are suppressed

i went through tons of sets looking for your issue sir, what i think is this, there are tiny imperfections on your keyboard, very small marginal differences in the mounting of the switches, which im sure would be within manufacturing margin of error, however with taller keys, like the sa row one, that nominal difference is magnified to the point that its noticeable

ive seen the issue in your pics, and having now gone through about 10 sets, and having nothing similar, it seems strange that you would have so many incorrect keys

Yes I agree with your analysis, but I've tested them on two different keyboards, which convinced me that the issue is with the keys instead - It might as well not be

Now I tried swapping the problematic keys with some of the unused row1's, the improvement is mostly minimal, only some keys seem to be very slightly crooked, definitely not all of them, with a black background/plate, the issue will be unnoticeable

Thanks a lot for checking your keysets for the issue

At this point I'm 95% joining for an almost complete True Retro collection, I'm just not sure about the PETSCII yet :)

Does anyone have a Row1 SA'd 75% photo for inspiration? I'm unsure how two consecutive Row1's are going to look
I'm also wondering how the side prints look, might as well join for a PETSCII too
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #355 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:30:23 »
I could not resist PETSCII, I tried, and failed :(

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #356 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:33:23 »

I'm wondering whether I can resist a secondary True Retro set :)

By the way I tested Row1+Row1 - the first Row1 looks as if it's caller than the second one, on the bright side, on an 75% with an F-row, it would be almost impossible to mis click the F-row while typing :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:35:06 by KHAANNN »
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline blastoid

« Reply #357 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:34:52 »

Same! Fortunately, fundage dictates otherwise.

But if I could swing another True Retro, I'd have enough to cover a fullsize, and my Pok3r with True + PETSCII. Ooh, sounds so nice.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:35:10 »

I could only afford one, but the good news is if the alphas start to shine up, I'll have the set that came with true retro and the PETSCII ones so I can switch.

Offline TheCowGod

« Reply #359 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:46:15 »
I'd love to grab the PETSCII set, but it's just too expensive. I understand that the side-printing probably adds significantly to the cost, but I just couldn't justify it, as much as it deserves to be part of this set. I'll just have to watch from the sidelines as the rest of you guys enjoy your authentic keys :) I'll enjoy my plain True Retro, though. I think I'll be picking up a Pok3r in the next few months, to house these keys when they arrive.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:07:05 »
I'd love to grab the PETSCII set, but it's just too expensive. I understand that the side-printing probably adds significantly to the cost, but I just couldn't justify it, as much as it deserves to be part of this set. I'll just have to watch from the sidelines as the rest of you guys enjoy your authentic keys :) I'll enjoy my plain True Retro, though. I think I'll be picking up a Pok3r in the next few months, to house these keys when they arrive.

This is still a great set without the PETSCII!

Offline TheCowGod

« Reply #361 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:19:06 »
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. At another time, I might have picked up PETSCII too, but I finally managed to snag a set of EVE (my first love) over in the Deskthority classifieds just a few days ago, and it's hard to shell out for two keysets in the same week :)

I think EVE will be my primary set, on the KUL at my home office, once it arrives. But like I mentioned, I plan to pick up a Pok3r for more portable use -- working on the couch, or at a coffee shop -- and I think SA Retro is going to be amazing for that use. And if it turns out I don't like EVE's DSA profile, they can always swap places.

So yeah, I think SA Retro will be great even without PETSCII. I'm not a very patient person though -- this whole "wait a few months to get your new toy" thing is going to be rough :)

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:32:14 »
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. At another time, I might have picked up PETSCII too, but I finally managed to snag a set of EVE (my first love) over in the Deskthority classifieds just a few days ago, and it's hard to shell out for two keysets in the same week :)

I think EVE will be my primary set, on the KUL at my home office, once it arrives. But like I mentioned, I plan to pick up a Pok3r for more portable use -- working on the couch, or at a coffee shop -- and I think SA Retro is going to be amazing for that use. And if it turns out I don't like EVE's DSA profile, they can always swap places.

So yeah, I think SA Retro will be great even without PETSCII. I'm not a very patient person though -- this whole "wait a few months to get your new toy" thing is going to be rough :)
Once you stop thinking about it everyday it goes by pretty fast.

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 16:18:46 »
I couldn't resist
Zealio Master Race

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 16:46:08 »
Neither could I. Order placed. Wallet emptied.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 17:07:06 »
ok guys, i believe im finally caught up with all invoicing, if you are expecting one and dont have one, please contact me
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #366 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 17:15:50 »
Finally placed an order yesterday. It feels wrong to spend the same amount on a single set of keys as I paid for my last three keyboards combined, but I know I'll be kicking myself every time someone posts a picture. :)  Went with true retro, pro mods, petscii, colemak/dvorak, lime, small spacebars, and 2x blanks.

What will you be using the pro mods for, i.e. what keyboards demand that kit?

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 17:16:33 »
ok guys, i believe im finally caught up with all invoicing, if you are expecting one and dont have one, please contact me

Contacting intensifies

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #368 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 17:18:50 »
I know that when Penumbra re-launches, I'm going to jump on it too, If I can't holster myself in 14 hours

So I might just go for a humble(?) 1x True Retro, all extras and no PETSCII

However, an instinct urges me to have backups, so I'm seeking that secondary True Retro, in case there are minor imperfections with the first set that bothers me, so I will be able to switch them etc.

Such first world / superficial dilemmas :)

ctrlX - the pro mods, at 35$, should be a must buy, it extends the usability significantly, there are Del's for almost every row, Shift for short shifts, R3 Fn for those who hate caps lock like me and many more

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 17:46:42 »
By the way the lime 1.25 C64 logo's are beautiful, however Ducky ruined the C64 logo for me :(

Offline potatowire

« Reply #370 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 18:00:22 »
So I might just go for a humble(?) 1x True Retro, all extras and no PETSCII

However, an instinct urges me to have backups, so I'm seeking that secondary True Retro, in case there are minor imperfections with the first set that bothers me, so I will be able to switch them etc.

Such first world / superficial dilemmas :)

In my rarely-humble opinion, you should get PETSCII. If you are worried about manufacturing errors bothering you long-term, just think how you'll feel when the first pictures of retro side-printed goodness are posted.

Plenty of folks are immune to such things, but I think a lot of people are going to be pissed at their past selves.

-potatowire

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #371 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 18:17:50 »

I have a tex beetle and a filco minila and an infinity on the way. The only standard layout I have is a cm qfr. If I'm able to get a 4.5 unit space from sp I think the retro set will go on the beetle which is my work board. If not it can fit any of the other three.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 18:21:45 »

I have a tex beetle and a filco minila and an infinity on the way. The only standard layout I have is a cm qfr. If I'm able to get a 4.5 unit space from sp I think the retro set will go on the beetle which is my work board. If not it can fit any of the other three.

Don't hold your breath for a 4.5 spacebar, it would be a small miracle, I'm not even sure whether I will be able to get R4 1.25/1.75 TBN blanks

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #373 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 18:28:50 »

Don't hold your breath for a 4.5 spacebar, it would be a small miracle, I'm not even sure whether I will be able to get R4 1.25/1.75 TBN blanks

Ouch. It seems like at least R4 1.25 and 1.5 blanks should be a shoo-in. Is the 1.75 for the Infinity shift?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #374 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 18:35:07 »
Yes I use the shift as arrow up, really hate using printed keycaps as arrow keys, I decided not to do that anymore, after paying extreme amounts for keycaps, at least I should be able to find some blanks for spots that doesn't match with the keycap prints

Just tested the typing experience of my hack'd by geeks keyset, it was incredible, extremely smooth with red switches, it seems I won't be able to bail after all

My order locked tho, it's in an unpaid state and I can't seem to be able to pay it anymore, re-ordering seems like one option

-----

Thinking of getting one Burgundy set and one True Retro set, using TBN blank 1.25/1.75's for the True Retro and 1.25/1.75 grey blank GTM's for the Burgundy one

I should make up my mind soon, at this point I'm hoping SP will agree to mold blanks for an affordable cost
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 18:38:26 by KHAANNN »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #375 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:04:57 »
Ugh. So bummed I may not be getting this. The disposable income I had been hoping to use for this won't come in time.

This would've been my first group buy; what is the likelihood of me obtaining a set after today? Would there be another round?

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #376 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:18:25 »
Ugh. So bummed I may not be getting this. The disposable income I had been hoping to use for this won't come in time.

This would've been my first group buy; what is the likelihood of me obtaining a set after today? Would there be another round?

The most likely scenario is someone selling their order once they get it. You'll just have to be quick enough.
Zealio Master Race

Offline pkircher

« Reply #377 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:30:34 »
i dont think there will be a other round ... look at the dsa retro .. a rerun has been requested often ...

i just extendet my order ... darn it that set does hack my wallet .. but must have it..

now at

1 x PETSCII
1 x Lime
15 x Blanks 
1 x Ergodox 
1 x Colemak and Dvorak
1 x True Retro
1 x Big Spacebars
1 x Small Spacebars
1 x Alternate Functions

@romevi thats my first gb as well

if you are lucky enough to get your hands on 1 set after it .. well they are rare and after the gb the price is very likley to go up quite a bit
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:33:38 by pkircher »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #378 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:40:30 »
In my rarely-humble opinion, you should get PETSCII. If you are worried about manufacturing errors bothering you long-term, just think how you'll feel when the first pictures of retro side-printed goodness are posted.

-potatowire

Speaks the utter TRUTH here.

When PETSCII rolls out and they're shown to the world, those that hesitated shall be reaching for their razor's to start inflicting damage upon themselves.

This Retro Key-set offers so much, foreign languages which everyone was complaining to Matt to have available which he has done, huge amount of extra mods also available for anybody wanting extra special customizations on what ever keyboard they have in their possession PLUS the huge availability of extra space-bar keys in all their sizings.

This is why Retro has been offered here for those that requested, all these extras and whatnot.  You shall not see another Group Buy such as this with all these offerings in keys, for nearly every sort of key-cap addict out there.

I know a few are thinking they will be hanging around the classifieds section hoping someone is deluded enough to sell theirs off, but be aware you shall be entering a shark's cage only this time you'll be swimming with them in that cage with no protection whatsoever.  No mercy for the slow and cheap because the owners have every right to bleed you severely here as a major lesson in life, don't avoid Matt3o's Group Buys otherwise face the vicious consequences of that ill fated decision.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:42:51 by Elrick »

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #379 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:44:51 »

-potatowire

Speaks the utter TRUTH here.

When PETSCII rolls out and they're shown to the world, those that hesitated shall be reaching for their razor's to start inflicting damage upon themselves.

This Retro Key-set offers so much, foreign languages which everyone was complaining to Matt to have available which he has done, huge amount of extra mods also available for anybody wanting extra special customizations on what ever keyboard they have in their possession PLUS the huge availability of extra space-bar keys in all their sizings.

This is why Retro has been offered here for those that requested, all these extras and whatnot.  You shall not see another Group Buy such as this with all these offerings in keys, for nearly every sort of key-cap addict out there.

I know a few are thinking they will be hanging around the classifieds section hoping someone is deluded enough to sell theirs off, but be aware you shall be entering a shark's cage only this time you'll be swimming with them in that cage with no protection whatsoever.  No mercy for the slow and cheap because the owners have every right to bleed you severely here as a major lesson in life, don't avoid Matt3o's Group Buys otherwise face the vicious consequences of that ill fated decision.

:)

How many did you buy by the way?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #380 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:50:43 »

You miss this set then that's it for you.  There won't be another Group Buy of Retro in DSA or SA held ever again.

Matt doesn't believe in re-do's on any of his designs, it's only done once and that's it for him because in his short lifetime no one wants to keep doing the same key-set, he wants to explore other avenues of creative expression here.

If you love this guys work then NOW is the time to acquire it, rather than waiting for later because he might not be here again.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #381 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:53:19 »
How many did you buy by the way?

Item (details)                 Quantity           Price

True Retro                       2                     $160
SA Retro

PETSCII                           2                     $110
SA Retro

Numberpad                     2                      $46
SA Retro

Burgundy Numberpad     1                      $23
SA Retro

Pro Burgundy Mods        2                       $70
SA Retro

Lime                                2                       $40
SA Retro         

Alternate Functions        2                       $70
SA Retro

BIG Spacebars               4                        $24
SA Retro

SUB TOTAL                                               $543.00

Shipping  -  Tracked                                 $18.00

Donation                                                  $100.00

COMPLETE TOTAL                                    $661.00 USD
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:57:35 by Elrick »

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #382 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:56:44 »
Well you put your money where your mouth is :)
Inspiring

Why the burgundy pro mods tho?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #383 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:58:08 »
I was trying to slow down the amount of group buys I participate in but after getting my set of Hack'd by Geeks last week I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this.

I'm thinking Burgundy, PETSCII, Lime, and a couple sets of blanks.

Any thoughts on what the must haves are?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #384 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 20:00:50 »
Why the burgundy pro mods tho?

They're for adding an extra spice to a keyboard, like a different coloured Enter or Shift or Alt keys, just in case.

Always liked buying extra mods to apply upon any type of keyboard(s) that deserves that extra special attention  8) .

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #385 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 20:21:09 »
I was trying to slow down the amount of group buys I participate in but after getting my set of Hack'd by Geeks last week I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this.

I've decided to get True Retro, Retro Burgundy and almost all extras, decided True Retro+Burgundy is better than 2x True Retro's - it costs ~400$'s and covers 2x keyboards with extreme diversity

However, I still couldn't pull the trigger, tho one thing is for sure, If I don't pull the trigger on this set, it would mean that I settled with what I have for the near future :)

I would suggest getting the pro mods etc. too, I know I would regret later on not getting them, even with the Granite set for example, I don't intent to use it, but I kind of regret not adding the "Speciality Keyboards Kit" - which seemed excessive as I already got all the other extras, now I feel like I need that 1u Shift too :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 20:23:17 by KHAANNN »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #386 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 20:29:49 »

I've decided to get True Retro, Retro Burgundy and almost all extras, decided True Retro+Burgundy is better than 2x True Retro's - it costs ~400$'s and covers 2x keyboards with extreme diversity

However, I still couldn't pull the trigger, tho one thing is for sure, If I don't pull the trigger on this set, it would mean that I settled with what I have for the near future :)

I would suggest getting the pro mods etc. too, I know I would regret later on not getting them, even with the Granite set for example, I don't intent to use it, but I kind of regret not adding the "Speciality Keyboards Kit" - which seemed excessive as I already got all the other extras, now I feel like I need that 1u Shift too :)

Hmm was thinking about the Pro Mods but my cart is already $167 without them.. Not sure whether to get rid of the lime or not considering I'm probably going to be limiting myself to 60% boards in the future

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #387 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 20:39:38 »

Hmm was thinking about the Pro Mods but my cart is already $167 without them.. Not sure whether to get rid of the lime or not considering I'm probably going to be limiting myself to 60% boards in the future

I have almost all the additional packs of the Deep Space set and although I don't use any of them, I'm really glad I got them, they are great when I'm trying new layouts, new keyboards etc.

I also decided to settle on 60%'s - now I'm having second thought about going for a 75% etc.

Long story short, you're already paying a lot, 35$ will cancel out a lot of future regrets - even not joining might be better than half joining

------

Hey guys, how likely will SP agree to molding R4 blanks for me?
This is my last remaining concern, I really want/need those blanks in the Retro colors ;)

I'm re-considering all my keyboard choices right now, those blanks will cast the deciding vote for me, otherwise I might settle on DSA's

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #388 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 20:44:38 »

I have almost all the additional packs of the Deep Space set and although I don't use any of them, I'm really glad I got them, they are great when I'm trying new layouts, new keyboards etc.

I also decided to settle on 60%'s - now I'm having second thought about going for a 75% etc.

Long story short, you're already paying a lot, 35$ will cancel out a lot of future regrets - even not joining might be better than half joining

------

Hey guys, how likely will SP agree to molding R4 blanks for me?
This is my last remaining concern, I really want/need those blanks in the Retro colors ;)

I'm re-considering all my keyboard choices right now, those blanks will cast the deciding vote for me, otherwise I might settle on DSA's

Yeah I think you're right. The incremental cost of some of the add ons is really nothing compared to the main set.
I guess in the words of Ron Swanson "Never half ass something, full ass it"

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #389 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 21:00:53 »
Yeah I think you're right. The incremental cost of some of the add ons is really nothing compared to the main set.
I guess in the words of Ron Swanson "Never half ass something, full ass it"

Never be an Ass-Half always be a full on Ass-Whole  :thumb: .

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #390 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 01:45:56 »
Well I found a middle ground between my greed, fomo and simplification urges

x1 SA Retro — Blanks : $6.00 | $6.00
x1 SA Retro — Apple : $25.00 | $25.00
x1 SA Retro — Pro Mods : $35.00 | $35.00
x1 SA Retro — True Retro : $80.00 | $80.00

The only thing left to do now is to request the 1.25/1.75 R4 blanks from SP

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 02:07:11 »
Aargh! Couldn't resist, added Petscii and Pro mods. Wallet is pooped, but the set will be complete.

Is the 1.75x Control key in the Pro mods kit really Row 4? Shouldn't it be Row3?
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 02:12:46 »
Aargh! Couldn't resist, added Petscii and Pro mods. Wallet is pooped, but the set will be complete.

Is the 1.75x Control key in the Pro mods kit really Row 4? Shouldn't it be Row3?

If my blank requests fail, I will use that R4 1.75 Control as my arrow up - for R3 - I'm going to use the Fn

But indeed the choices are interesting

I really really really wish there was a diverse blank pack too ... I would pay 50$ for some decent blanks and it would likely bump my 160$ order to a 500$ one

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 03:06:07 »
Very sad I couldn't grab the PETSCII set :(
Zealio Master Race

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 03:11:23 »
Very sad I couldn't grab the PETSCII set :(

For me, that was the easiest one to let go, hate side printed keys, they are the reason why I don't seek GMK keysets

PETSCII on the other hand was something unique, yet it's unclear how side printed SA keys turn out, normally even though they are semi-matte they are pretty glossy and easily cleanable, it's unclear whether these side prints are etchings that get dirty or actual prints that are prone to fading etc.
On the other hand it's simple to just let go :)

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #395 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 04:10:25 »

I asked this already, jump to here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71636.msg1741134#msg1741134

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 04:21:34 »
LAST 2 HOURS!

no round 2!

but you'll surely find some in the classified (and maybe bunny will have some spares).

We included both! Bunny didn't update the image because he's lazy :P

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #397 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 04:24:45 »
Finally put my order in last night.
Thanks matt3o for allowing inter folks to get keycaps :)
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #398 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 04:48:27 »
Finally put my order in last night.
Thanks matt3o for allowing inter folks to get keycaps :)

you are most welcome!

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #399 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 04:51:58 »
matt3o none of your keycap sets are 1.75/1.25/1.25/1.25 arrow cluster compatible :(
I'm a bit bummed, the granite comes pretty close at 4 1.25's - one 1.75 arrow_up and it would have been perfect :)