Author Topic: [IC] FROG TKL - Sales start on 30st June  (Read 155520 times)

Offline Zurg Eon

Re: [IC] FROG TKL - Sales start on 30st June
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 02 October 2021, 17:45:13 »
Every month I'm trying to buy one and every month its a total failure. It takes around 12 seconds and its all gone.

This is actually a really bad situation, as each month around 200-300 units is released and each month loads of people keep buying it and cannot do it.
Looking at around 2-3K of interested buyers, you won't be able to buy for next 6 months at least...
Then lots of those are flipped on market for twice the price.
I would rather to have a GB with 12 months turnaround, knowing that I paid for one and will get in 12 months, then being disappointed every f**ing month...
Madness...

I'm all for GBs with 12 months or more turnaround if it means I can get my dream/end game board (F2 atm). I feel like the chances of winning a fcfs in the foreseeable future are slim and I don't enjoy chasing them.

Offline F eq ma

« Reply #251 on: Sat, 02 October 2021, 18:33:34 »
Every month I'm trying to buy one and every month its a total failure. It takes around 12 seconds and its all gone.

This is actually a really bad situation, as each month around 200-300 units is released and each month loads of people keep buying it and cannot do it.
Looking at around 2-3K of interested buyers, you won't be able to buy for next 6 months at least...
Then lots of those are flipped on market for twice the price.
I would rather to have a GB with 12 months turnaround, knowing that I paid for one and will get in 12 months, then being disappointed every f**ing month...
Madness...

Last month I swore I would not make another attempt.   Frustrating to say the least.   Twice I have had a board in my basket to have it sold out before Paypal could load.   That’s preloading paypal before the start time.  Just not a pleasant buying experience.   I am looking at alternatives

Having said all that, Geon appears have a great product and the demand is high.   Hope he continues with the TKL.  That blue….damn.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 09:45:33 »
Yep, Frog is amazing, that is why we all want it, but this fcfs experience is simply horrible.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Seano

« Reply #253 on: Sat, 18 December 2021, 09:49:43 »
I really hope that it becomes available through UK or EU vendors. You have to pay nearly double the price for the board from swagkeys :-(
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 December 2021, 09:52:27 by Seano »

Offline phinix

« Reply #254 on: Sat, 18 December 2021, 12:59:00 »
I really hope that it becomes available through UK or EU vendors. You have to pay nearly double the price for the board from swagkeys :-(

What do you mean double the price?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Seano

« Reply #255 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 16:50:50 »

Not quite double but around $525

Offline phinix

« Reply #256 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 03:16:34 »

I see. Can you break down that total? Board is $400 as far as I know, is that right?
What else is included in this price? PCB is another $50?
How much is delivery?

Offline Handke

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 03:28:03 »

I see. Can you break down that total? Board is $400 as far as I know, is that right?
How much is delivery?

300 usd for the case plus about 45 usd for the pcb

plus extra pcbs and plates (everyone buys this)

rubber toadpoles or what are they called

extra feet

minimum 410 including delivery

add 20 vat plus additional taxes

total: more than 500 usd

all this for a basic keyboard that has no beauty, it's just a trivial rectangle made of aluminium

Offline maximize

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 12:56:19 »

How much is delivery?

300 usd for the case plus about 45 usd for the pcb

plus extra pcbs and plates (everyone buys this)

rubber toadpoles or what are they called

extra feet

minimum 410 including delivery

add 20 vat plus additional taxes

total: more than 500 usd

all this for a basic keyboard that has no beauty, it's just a trivial rectangle made of aluminium

Literally the only difference you just stated in buying from EU is VAT. 20% does not equal double the price.

Offline Seano

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 23:13:33 »

How much is delivery?

Case: $300
PCB: $55
Delivery: $55
VAT + duty: 22.5%
Total: $502.25
Add loss in exchange rate 0.02%
Total: $512.30
Add courier handling fee: $527.30

This is how much it'd cost me but it could be more or less for other EU customers. In spite of the extra charges, I am very tempted to get one in the Jan drop  :))

Offline whitewolf154

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 11:05:52 »

It's just seven days.

Can you give an example of a custom keyboard supplier that offers a 2 year warranty, and one that warranties against scratches?

No, can you? Kekw. Thank you for the good laugh in Christmas

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 11:17:39 »

It's just seven days.

Can you give an example of a custom keyboard supplier that offers a 2 year warranty, and one that warranties against scratches?

No I cannot, which is why I asked them to provide an example of a custom keyboard builder that offers such a warranty...

Did you mis-quote me or something? Did you forget to switch to your alt troll account to respond?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 13:24:03 »

It's just seven days.

No I cannot, which is why I asked them to provide an example of a custom keyboard builder that offers such a warranty...

Did you mis-quote me or something? Did you forget to switch to your alt troll account to respond?

it's bait all the way down
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline of_sam

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 20:22:13 »
Puddsy smells good.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Gorilla6534

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 21:44:14 »
Can I still get this keyboard? I'm looking at the website but I don't see the keyboard anymore is it not in production anymore?

Offline phinix

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 02:22:05 »
Can I still get this keyboard? I'm looking at the website but I don't see the keyboard anymore is it not in production anymore?

It comes up for sale every month (around 15th), but thing is its only few hundreds are released, so there is very small chance you will be able to buy one.

Offline phinix

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 03:03:51 »

How much is delivery?

Case: $300
PCB: $55
Delivery: $55
VAT + duty: 22.5%
Total: $502.25
Add loss in exchange rate 0.02%
Total: $512.30
Add courier handling fee: $527.30

This is how much it'd cost me but it could be more or less for other EU customers. In spite of the extra charges, I am very tempted to get one in the Jan drop  :))

Did you get one last weekend?