Author Topic: Overwatch Discussion Thread  (Read 144925 times)

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Overwatch?
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 09:38:27 »
I'm waiting on a Beta invite. Probably going to buy the game anyway as it looks like a lot of fun. Just gotta talk my buddies into playing.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 09:44:07 »
Looks promising.

I think I'm gonna give it a go.

Like all games though it will only be fun if my friends get hooked on it too.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 10:24:01 »
Been on it for a while. I just think it's interesting how Blizzard can breathe life into a community that was once otherwise obscure.

HHKB         Razer BlackWidow     Steelseries 6gv2         Logitech G710+
                   Evil Geniuses Edition   MX Red & Brown

Offline dohbot

Re: Overwatch Discussion Thread
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 12:13:04 »
Been on it for a while. I just think it's interesting how Blizzard can breathe life into a community that was once otherwise obscure.
Lucky! I wish I were in ._.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 05:56:18 »
Dayum. I just downloaded the Open Beta last night and I have been playing for over 6 hours straight...This game is addicting.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 08:23:28 »
Dayum. I just downloaded the Open Beta last night and I have been playing for over 6 hours straight...This game is addicting.
So addicting!
I've been playing it every chance I get as well, it's hella fun!

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 08:30:54 »
Open beta is downloading at home now, can't wait to try it out.

Offline scubaste

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 09:58:55 »
I'm having some fun with it, but I bet it would be even more fun with an organized group with everyone on some voice chat platform. GH Overwatch clan commence!

Offline Pikly

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 10:49:38 »
I'm having some fun with it, but I bet it would be even more fun with an organized group with everyone on some voice chat platform. GH Overwatch clan commence!

I've been playing since Monday, and I definitely agree that an organized group would be great! It's hit or miss going solo, and not many people use the built-in voice chat (which actually works pretty good, sound quality is decent). I'd join a GH Overwatch clan in a heartbeat.

Offline Marizen

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 12:21:50 »
I think it's kind of odd that there's all these TF clones now. Maybe I'm late to the game, but it seems like the last couple years there have been several popping up. Overwatch is obviously the big topic now. Blizz did a great job getting the word out and hyping it up and I'm excited for it regardless of the price because it just looks awesome. There are already eSports teams dedicated to it, so it's going to be competitive, which adds a whole other playing field.

I got into the closed beta but completely forgot to download it lol. I'm glad it's open now because I've been wanting to play it really bad.

There's also Battleborn, which I've seen videos about at Gamestop, but I haven't really heard anyone talking about that much.

There's also Paragon by Epic Games, but I guess that could be more of a Smite clone. Some of the characters look eerily like ones from Overwatch though.

There's also Dirty Bomb, which has been out for a while now and is *free* on Steam, but I really haven't ever seen any ads for it. There's gameplay on YouTube but the only reason I knew about it is because it was a suggested video.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 13:57:55 »
Overwatch GH would be fun as hell!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 14:11:47 »
Digital Drugs INCOMING..

Goodbye Productive-Weekend

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 16:03:37 »
I'm not having as much fun as I thought I would...

The kills don't come very quickly..

I feel hindered by the respawn time just like in Team Fortress 2..

The game feels slow... I suspect this will have to go FTP.. otherwise, why bother.. It's the exact same game as team fortress..

I'm not saying it's a bad game,  but , the fact that it's $60, when you can get Team Fortress for free..

This seems like a tough sell. .

If Tp4 wasn't p00r and had $60,    Prolly still go the Doom route... Much faster..

I was tired of team fortress, because they gimp characters severely in certain ways to FORCE team play..   but the organization in terms of communication just isn't available in a public arena..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 16:08:01 »
For whatever reason,  Whenever I get --a kill--   It doesn't feel impactful, and just felt like it happened,  but you don't feel like you did anything..

Whereas when I was playing Doom.. I knew that IT HAPPENED..

Offline ika

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 16:13:07 »
fun game, but the notifications could use some clarifying. I was playing vs bots and apparently I had a 50 kill streak on that monk orb guy. I still have no idea how the hell that hero works. I was just randomly running around and spamming all my keys.

Offline Pikly

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 08:30:44 »
For whatever reason,  Whenever I get --a kill--   It doesn't feel impactful, and just felt like it happened,  but you don't feel like you did anything..

Whereas when I was playing Doom.. I knew that IT HAPPENED..

Interesting. I mostly play Widow Maker, and getting kills feels VERY good, and does make an impact when pushing an objective or defending it (the main point of the game). The game is not a death match, careful use of the abilities and especially ultimates is necessary to wining the game. Just getting kills doesn't really help that much, the impact comes when the team pushes or defends an objective together and overwhelms the other side.

I understand that this is a bit tough when you queue solo, but there are a lot of communication tools in the game to try to pull off teamwork, and hopefully as the game is played more people will get better at it (myself included!).

Anyway, if it's not fun for you, no sense in playing it, I certainly get that.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 09:08:20 »
Overwatch GH would be fun as hell!
I sometimes curse the heavens that I live in Europe. As far as I'm aware I can't add US citizens to my list and play with them.
If I am wrong in this please do correct me.

Offline dante

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 12:39:40 »
Not a fan of the artwork style in this - and yes it feels very Team Fortress which is another one I avoided.

And what does it say when a grown man will only pick the girls to play with?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 13:12:12 »
Not a fan of the artwork style in this - and yes it feels very Team Fortress which is another one I avoided.

And what does it say when a grown man will only pick the girls to play with?

Lvl 99,  Perv....

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 13:48:54 »
The most fun game I've played in a very long time.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 19:31:00 »
I've been playing a lot of it right now. I wish some of the heroes were a little more balanced. There's a lot of staple heroes in the matches.

Offline Kompanion

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 15:53:57 »
Is it still in open beta? I've been on vacation all week and get back home today. I really want to check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dohbot

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:09:43 »
The most fun game I've played in a very long time.

I agree I love it!

I've been playing a lot of it right now. I wish some of the heroes were a little more balanced. There's a lot of staple heroes in the matches.

I do find that but I think that is more because no one has really played it for that long, that goes for the balancing too. Besides the closed beta folks, no one has played it that much, and I assume that as the general player base hits a higher skill level different characters will see more play especially because hero switching seems to be very stressed from the developers.

Is it still in open beta? I've been on vacation all week and get back home today. I really want to check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah still in open beta. You have until the 9th to play it before you would have to wait for release on the 24th.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline yinzer

• I'm new around here ... please don't notice.
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:51:35 »

There are definitely some balancing issues, but that's part of the stuff they look for in Beta modes.

Though, Bastions turret and the little Ice Climber chick are driving me insane. I just loaded into a map that had four Bastion turrets lined up outside of the spawn zone and it was a **** show.

It's still really fun. I'm not sure how I feel about a $60 for multiplayer only game though. The character skins are sweet, I'd be cool with paying for those for a discount at retail.

It's apparently $39.99 for the standard edition. They're just heavily pushing the "Origins Edition" which comes with some extra skins and goodies for other Battle.net games.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 May 2016, 08:11:41 by yinzer »

Offline Kompanion

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 20:21:57 »

There are definitely some balancing issues, but that's part of the stuff they look for in Beta modes.

Though, Bastions turret and the little Ice Climber chick are driving me insane. I just loaded into a map that had four Bastion turrets lined up outside of the spawn zone and it was a **** show.

It's still really fun. I'm not sure how I feel about a $60 for multiplayer only game though. The character skins are sweet, I'd be cool with paying for those for a discount at retail.

Just had 3 bastions and made it really ****ty to contest. I'm having a ton of fun though! I would definitely be down for a GH overwatch though! No one I run in to likes to chat..
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 May 2016, 20:32:32 by Kompanion »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 20:37:04 »
add me!!!

Apocalypse#12732
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Kompanion

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 21:47:06 »

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 21:50:19 »
Airtree#1233

Add me! <3

Offline Kompanion

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 22:06:33 »
Kompanion#11374. I'll be playing all night!
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 May 2016, 18:21:43 by Kompanion »

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 10:09:35 »
LXXXIX #1966

Offline yinzer

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 11:03:21 »
yinzer #11915

I'm in the middle of a move, so I don't have a mic set up right now.

Also, I'm taking a break because I keep getting matchmade into really laggy games. Things were great yesterday and this morning .. all of a sudden it's unplayable.. and this isn't even a twitch shooter. Hopefully it's not because too many people are playing. That's not a great sign for release.

Offline Kompanion

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 15:55:12 »
yinzer #11915

Also, I'm taking a break because I keep getting matchmade into really laggy games. Things were great yesterday and this morning .. all of a sudden it's unplayable.. and this isn't even a twitch shooter. Hopefully it's not because too many people are playing. That's not a great sign for release.

Strange. I've been playing all day and haven't gotten any lag spikes. Might just be on your side.

Offline yinzer

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 15:58:15 »
yinzer #11915

Strange. I've been playing all day and haven't gotten any lag spikes. Might just be on your side.

It may have just been an unlucky spike. It's also a Beta, so there could have been some server side tinkering going on. Either way, playing with Tracer in a laggy game is just no fun at all.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 19:19:42 »
So has anyone here been having the "rendering device has been lost" problem? I managed to fix the GPU-caused problem, now this one pops up...
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 20:12:21 »
So has anyone here been having the "rendering device has been lost" problem? I managed to fix the GPU-caused problem, now this one pops up...

Friend had that happen once. Advised that they upgrade their video drivers. Hasn't happened since. Nvidia GPU on their end.

This game is fun. Glad I opted for it over Doom. Overwatch is fresh (to me that is - only did TF2 for a free weekend back when it was pay and didn't like it) and Doom feels so... bleh.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 20:13:59 »

Friend had that happen once. Advised that they upgrade their video drivers. Hasn't happened since. Nvidia GPU on their end.

Yeah, tried that  >:D

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 20:15:32 »

What video card do you have? Seeing that it could be related to factory overclocks. Sounds dumb to me, but you never know.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 20:20:24 »
modern games are not very sensitive to overclocks like OLD games are.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 21:13:48 »

What video card do you have? Seeing that it could be related to factory overclocks. Sounds dumb to me, but you never know.

PNY GTX770. So yea, maybe relating to factory OC, iunno

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 21:50:31 »

have you tried downgrading your driver?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4gmdf0/error_rendering_device_has_been_lost_solved/

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 21:55:50 »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4gmdf0/error_rendering_device_has_been_lost_solved/

tried, but not that far back, guess I'll try and see how it works. Thanks!

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 02:29:08 »
great game, whats your opinion if playing for long hours? boring or not

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 07:48:46 »

nope....

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 08:11:44 »

nope....

what about going to the battle.net launcher -> overwatch -> options -> scan and repair?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 08:30:02 »
what about going to the battle.net launcher -> overwatch -> options -> scan and repair?

just tried, no repairs made. I dunno, maybe I'll just have to wait for them to make a patch or something

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 08:39:29 »

just tried, no repairs made. I dunno, maybe I'll just have to wait for them to make a patch or something

might look into reverting the factory overclock of your card too

seems to be the solution for a few people online

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 08:58:38 »
Downloaded the game last night for Open Beta, pretty fun but it's been awhile since I've played an FPS online so it's taking me a little time to get used to the pace again.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Pikly

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 10:40:11 »

Definitely not boring. In fact, it's very hard to stop playing, for a few reasons:

• The game play just feels good; the movement, weapons, and player interaction are very fun to play with, and there's a high skill ceiling, so lots of room for player improvement.
  • Getting levels rewards you with loot boxes, which can either give you some really cool skins/sprays/animations for heros, or currency which can be used to obtain said items.
  • Games are fairly short, so it doesn't feel like it's dragging on. Instead, you get short bursts of intense action and fun, which leaves you wanting more after the game is done.
  • Chasing after that elusive Play of the Game, as well as the good feeling of being commended after the game.

Overall, this is the most fun I've had playing a multiplayer game since the original Halo and old school Rainbow Six.

Offline Kompanion

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 15:31:15 »

Definitely not boring. Once you get use to the pace and get a solid rotation of heroes you really like to play, you won't be able to put it down. If I could skip work to play it would.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 08:05:51 »
So now that the BETA is over, have any of you made a decision as to whether you'll be buying it?
I liked it, but didn't have as much fun as I was expecting. (none of my friends play it, sadly) so probably no purchase from me at this time.