Author Topic: [GB] Fusion60 (70% Shipped and Received )  (Read 74181 times)

Offline Vulcan

[GB] Fusion60 (70% Shipped and Received )
« on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 00:43:47 »

Welcome to Fusion60 Group Buy.

Fusion60 inspired by 2 of the most well known keyboard case, Fjell and Kira. Design by Vulcan and manufactured by Kbdfans It features a heavy 2.5kg modern 8 degree case, with thick bevels builds from solid aluminum and brass block that are CNC Machined to maintain precision in quality.

F60 comes with a custom made PCB that can form side glow light effect that bleeds from the signature geometrical side cut out. Although it comes with a custom PCB, F60 also supports universal 60% PCB such as  DZ60, 6X, Zeal and many more.

Specifications ;

- 60% (Standard, Winkeyless, HHKB)
- High Profile
- Top Mount
- 8 Degree Angle
- Case Material: Aluminium
- Weight Material: Brass
- Case Finish: Bead Blasted and Anodized
- Plate material: 1.5 mm Brass
- Supports most PCBs
- 2kg

Fusion60 kit Include :

- Aluminum Case
- Brass weight(Sandblasting)
- Brass plate(Sandblasting)
- PCB (QMK Firmware)
- Stabilizers (Cherry Stabilizers )
- Screws

Note :

If you are using the Fusion60 PCB and want to have side glow effect you will need to do this :
- Carefully separate both sides LED PCB from the main PCB
- Solder 4 cable each side of the LED PCB to the main PCB
- Screw both LED PCB to the top case
The reason we do this is because we need to place the LED just a bit higher than the PCB and get it as close as possible to the side to get a bright bleeding effect.
We have already tried many methods but this one works best.

This LED assembly is a bit hard and takes trial and error.. I know it's not the best design, but it's the best i can do to keep the PCB key layout and the price low.

Time:

The starting time is January 12, 2019, 12:00am EST
End time is February 12, 2019, 12:00am EST
Because of the Chinese New Year, the Chinese factory is on a 20-day holiday. The order is expected to be shipped in May 2019.
This is the expected time, it could be earlier, it could be later,
Join us on discord https://discord.gg/cDWnyJ

Case Color :

Weight Finish Option :

PCB :

Side Glow :

Inside View:

Real Prototype Photo :

PRICE :

$230 Include Shipping

PREORDER:

Click Here

DXF PLATE FILE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YeNXacuwnlqMjsAz3Ur3o28WW7Gt015w
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2019, 10:01:47 by Vulcan »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] Fusion60
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 05:23:01 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline schlep

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 06:12:39 »
I've waited very long since this was in the Interest Check phase. Placed my order for a Black case to match with GMK Terminal.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 12:18:27 »
All the best with the GB, looks like the 50 were sold off within a day !
I have my orders for the gold and the burgundy placed !!
Looking forward to it.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 12:21:47 »
Vulcan - can you update the total units if there is a limit anymore ?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 16:59:20 »
it's suppose to be 50 case only,

There is a bit miss communication from me and kbdfans,maybe they didn't get my message about the 50 limitation.. and this is my mistake not to confirm to them about 50 limitation

Im very sorry for this, im not trying to do scam, I will try my best to stop collecting order.

yesterday i have already message them about the 50 limitation but haven't got reply.. today i will try again.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2019, 17:29:07 by Vulcan »

Offline PikaJoyce

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 17:34:13 »
it's suppose to be 50 case only,

There is a bit miss communication from me and kbdfans,maybe they didn't get my message about the 50 limitation.. and this is my mistake not to confirm to them about 50 limitation

Im very sorry for this, im not trying to do scam, I will try my best to stop collecting order.

yesterday i have already message them about the 50 limitation but haven't got reply.. today i will try again.
Thanks for updating this Vulcan. It seems to be over the 50 case limit now though, would you now cancel the orders after the cut off? Or would you just go through with making the orders placed after the original 50?

Offline Lotsati

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 19:10:43 »
Looks like the page from KBDfans is no longer there anymore so it's looking like that'll be it for orders. Wanted to pick one up later this month :(

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 21:02:09 »
So how many orders got through?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 22:30:49 »
Group Buy closed at 59 case order

Offline temp0321

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 00:48:04 »
There is a gold case color right? I've asked Wei to change my order from grey to gold since he added gold option later

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 01:53:53 »
Even though it was supposedly limited to 50, then it wasn't, suddenly closing it also doesn't seem the right thing to do imo. Some people might have seen the time-line and thought "I'll wait a bit" for whatever reason and now can't get it anymore. I know I somewhat was but in a way glad I can't get it. Better for my wallet.

Offline hsunwoo1221

Re: [GB] Fusion60 (Close Order)
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 03:56:01 »
Yeah.. I was thinking of picking one up later since it said 30 for each colors on kbdfans. Kinda confused to see it suddenly closed although I knew that it had a limitation. I kinda think the limitation should have been mentioned in the GB thread too.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 January 2019, 04:24:04 by hsunwoo1221 »

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 04:04:43 »
Even though it was supposedly limited to 50, then it wasn't, suddenly closing it also doesn't seem the right thing to do imo. Some people might have seen the time-line and thought "I'll wait a bit" for whatever reason and now can't get it anymore. I know I somewhat was but in a way glad I can't get it. Better for my wallet.

Im very sorry for the miscommunication that happen between Me, Kbdfans and the factory... I'm very open to suggestion and ideas to make this situation better. again, im very sorry

at one point i want it to keep it at 50 because at IC proses i said so and some people want this board because it's limited.

at the other point i messed up by not reminding Kbdfans about the 50 limitation.. so some people that could have got it cant get it..
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 January 2019, 04:14:25 by Vulcan »

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 05:14:38 »
I'm assuming this board will be manufactured through Wei and kbdfans? So somewhat of similar finish and texture to a Tofu?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 05:29:06 »
I'm assuming this board will be manufactured through Wei and kbdfans? So somewhat of similar finish and texture to a Tofu?

Yes.. correct

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 05:51:08 »

Yes.. correct
Thanks! That should answer all of the questions I was gonna ask. Good luck with GB!

Offline cucgach

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 06:24:18 »

Im very sorry for the miscommunication that happen between Me, Kbdfans and the factory... I'm very open to suggestion and ideas to make this situation better. again, im very sorry

at one point i want it to keep it at 50 because at IC proses i said so and some people want this board because it's limited.

at the other point i messed up by not reminding Kbdfans about the 50 limitation.. so some people that could have got it cant get it..

May I suggest for the orders over 59 order cut-off, you can do a raffle for 10%-15% extra = 6 - 9 extra orders so total will be 66 - 69 boards will be made.
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline gnhuy91

[GB] Fusion60 (Close Order)
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:02:00 »
can you do a render of WKL dark blue with gmk nautilus? ordered HHKB but thinking of switching to WKL, thanks anyway

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 10:30:26 »
If I want to change a couple things about my order, when is the last day to do this?

Offline Gonsterek

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 10:48:37 »
If I want to change a couple things about my order, when is the last day to do this?
i think that's up to kbdfans

Offline spuxx

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 13:04:34 »
I am one of the 50+ orders, does this mean that my order will be canceled since you wanted to keep the GB at exactly 50 units?

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 18:04:43 »
The only miscommunication here was when the buy went live on KBDFans, the limit was not shown and the listing looked like a 1-month buy, and the buy itself went live earlier than scheduled.
On the IC thread you can see a bunch of folks, myself included, discussing the order number discrepancy and cheering the fact that there does not seem to be a limit. Vulcan & KBDfans obviously have the right to stop orders at anytime they feel they have taken in whats comfortable for them to produce. The 50 board limit and the FCFS nature of the buy was disclosed in the IC thread for weeks, if not months.
Vulcan also said that his reason to have a limit was simple to do better QA, since this is his first GB and he wanted a manageable load.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 January 2019, 18:07:45 by coffeeshopcoder »

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 18:09:34 »
@Vulcan - would you/kbdfans be putting together an order list spreadsheet ?

Offline mog_genius88

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 18:17:15 »
I think both parties had good intentions but unfortunately miscommunication does happen from time to time.

I'm optimistic though. I think if this finishes well we could even see KBDFans stock this product in their store (or at least have future GBs).

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 21:52:20 »
can you do a render of WKL dark blue with gmk nautilus? ordered HHKB but thinking of switching to WKL, thanks anyway

Sure, but not any time soon, i will be out of town for 1-2 weeks, after that i will do it for you.

May I suggest for the orders over 59 order cut-off, you can do a raffle for 10%-15% extra = 6 - 9 extra orders so total will be 66 - 69 boards will be made.

I really cant do that, I think this will make things complicated.

As soon as possible, go chat kbdfans.. because this GB closed early maybe, Kbdfans will also submit it to factory early also..

I am one of the 50+ orders, does this mean that my order will be canceled since you wanted to keep the GB at exactly 50 units?

No, because it's my fault, i think it's not fair to cancel order that are already placed.

The only miscommunication here was when the buy went live on KBDFans, the limit was not shown and the listing looked like a 1-month buy, and the buy itself went live earlier than scheduled.
On the IC thread you can see a bunch of folks, myself included, discussing the order number discrepancy and cheering the fact that there does not seem to be a limit. Vulcan & KBDfans obviously have the right to stop orders at anytime they feel they have taken in whats comfortable for them to produce. The 50 board limit and the FCFS nature of the buy was disclosed in the IC thread for weeks, if not months.
Vulcan also said that his reason to have a limit was simple to do better QA, since this is his first GB and he wanted a manageable load.

Thank you for understanding and sharing your thoughts.. ;D

@Vulcan - would you/kbdfans be putting together an order list spreadsheet ?

If i have the order list i will definitely do that, but for now i dont have it, For checking order i suggest you to message Kbdfans to make sure they have your order correct. just top cross check

I think both parties had good intentions but unfortunately miscommunication does happen from time to time.

I'm optimistic though. I think if this finishes well we could even see KBDFans stock this product in their store (or at least have future GBs).

if things go well i will there will be R2 considering there are still many people wanting thing board.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 02:34:11 »
Vulcan - thanks for answering all the questions here bro.
Don’t bother about the order list- if no orders will be cancelled (good decision!!)
Then everyone will have thier invoices from kbdfans to track thier orders.

The interest in this board is certainly very positive, and if this buy concludes well, you should definitely do an R2!!

Offline tiydal

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 05:09:45 »
Can we have the plate file now please? Id like to make some adjustments and get one ordered before this arrives.

Thanks

Offline spuxx

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 14:50:05 »

No, because it's my fault, i think it's not fair to cancel order that are already placed.

This is a very nice and generous move, I am happy I can still be part of this GB and am looking forward to receiving this amazing board!

Offline 1023andy

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 20:16:55 »
Do you any plans to do r2 in the future?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 22:06:50 »
Do you any plans to do r2 in the future?

Yes, If kbdfans still want to be in partnership with me

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 05:42:13 »
Anyone want to se me their gray fusion60? ;-)

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 13:44:49 »
Is the included PCB USB-C?

Offline Vox

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 16:20:14 »

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 22:22:32 »
Is the included PCB USB-C?

Yes, basicly it's Dz60 but with diffrent SMD LED placement

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 22:24:22 »
Haii, I just want to update that.
 Im still waiting for prduction news from Kbdfans. Lets prey for the best  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline haingo1094

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 23:44:54 »
Haii, I just want to update that.
 Im still waiting for prduction news from Kbdfans. Lets prey for the best  :thumb: :thumb:
glad to hear that :)) :))

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 11:37:28 »
want to sell my gb spot, if anyone interested pm me on reddit u/gnhuy91. thanks

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 13:43:29 »
want to sell my gb spot, if anyone interested pm me on reddit u/gnhuy91. thanks

Sent you a PM

Offline prototype26

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 03:34:19 »
Any news for 2nd round? So sad I missed this.

Offline Gonsterek

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 08:37:21 »
Any news for 2nd round? So sad I missed this.
the 1st round isn't even shipped yet

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 21:59:59 »
Hai i just want to give a quick update.. last week i ask kbdfans about the progress.. he said Fusion60 is still in production hope fully this month will finish manufacturing

Offline haingo1094

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 23:45:20 »
Hai i just want to give a quick update.. last week i ask kbdfans about the progress.. he said Fusion60 is still in production hope fully this month will finish manufacturing
hopefully can see final product before shipping

Offline temp0321

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 01:39:07 »
hopefully can see final product before shipping

I second this. Hope you, Vulcan, can see the colors and design of the product to finalize it.

Offline haingo1094

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 10:01:41 »
update from KBDfans.
"The brass weight is finished"

Offline str8away

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:03:23 »
Can we have the plate file now please? Id like to make some adjustments and get one ordered before this arrives.

Thanks

Any chance we can get this? I'm hoping to get an alps plate made for this.

Thanks

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 20:56:16 »
I havent got any photo for the weight.. but i got these photo  from wei.

For the brass weight, he said that it's already finished machining, but havent finish the plating.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 20:58:40 »
Very nice. Thank you for the updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 23:42:07 »
Awesome!!!

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 24 March 2019, 19:12:06 »
Got some updates again from wei :D

So far so good..

Now is the most hardest part.. the anodizing!

Hopefully it will turnout well

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk