Author Topic: Question to admins about artisan vendoring  (Read 3507 times)

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
    • KappaKapps - Artisan Kapps
Question to admins about artisan vendoring
« on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 15:27:14 »
Hi,

I private messaged Hoffman and another admin/mod about acquiring the status to become listed as a vendor/artisan keycap maker on the forums. I also applied and got accepted to become under the vendor group. However, it seems like I am unable to post to Vendor/Artisan forums.

I looked under the terms of service to become a vendor and I was a bit confused. Would we need to contact a moderator to be listed as a Artisan service/vendor?

Thanks,
Y.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Question to admins about artisan vendoring
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 15:52:17 »
Hi there, I've unfortunately fallen very far behind on PMs due to my recent schedule (I've moved twice in the last three weeks) and lack of internet.  I apologize for that.  I will be making an effort to catch up on the "business" side of my geekhack affairs this evening, and can hopefully address this more fully at that time.  In the meantime, perhaps another mod who has been active the last week can comment, and I do apologize for the delays with this situation.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 16:00:25 »
Hi there, I've unfortunately fallen very far behind on PMs due to my recent schedule (I've moved twice in the last three weeks) and lack of internet.  I apologize for that.  I will be making an effort to catch up on the "business" side of my geekhack affairs this evening, and can hopefully address this more fully at that time.  In the meantime, perhaps another mod who has been active the last week can comment, and I do apologize for the delays with this situation.

No problem, that's understandable.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 21:38:24 »
In the future, if you want something done quick, look at the list of active staff and PM everyone on it who seems relevant.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 22:19:38 »
In the future, if you want something done quick, look at the list of active staff and PM everyone on it who seems relevant.

I PM'd Hoff and Hashbaz a few days ago, but I will continue PMing others.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 22:25:57 »

I PM'd Hoff and Hashbaz a few days ago, but I will continue PMing others.

That should be fine for now, just to leave it at that. If you haven't heard back in another couple of days, feel free to bug us again.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 12:51:30 »
Posting again to acquire vendor posting permissions:

I PM'd more mods and the original mods a second time about 5 days ago, however I still received no response.

Just to clarify, we want to be able to post in the artisan section of the market place. At the moment, we cannot post to artisan forums, even though the Vendor Terms of Service states that a vendor should have the ability to:

"4. What are the privileges of being a Vendor?
  a. The ability to post for-sale or other commercial posts prior to attaining the normal number of other posts."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 12:56:57 »
If you want to be a vendor then you would want to post in the vendor section not the artisan section.

Perhaps the mods are trying to decide which criteria you fit  ???

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 13:02:25 »
If you want to be a vendor then you would want to post in the vendor section not the artisan section.

I definitely see what you mean, but here's the problem:
We can't post in classifieds because that's non commercial.
We can't post to vendor forums because we don't have a vendor thread.
We can't create a thread in the artisan thread.
We are allowed to create commercial posts as a vendor, but it seems like we are unable to at the moment.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 13:29:08 »

We are allowed to create commercial posts as a vendor, but it seems like we are unable to at the moment.

We are actively working on this now. I can't give a firm timeline because it doesn't just depend on me, however we should have something implemented very soon.

Sorry to keep you waiting, but things are moving forward.

Regarding posting permissions, you will be given space in the vendor area of the site, rather than the artisan area (which is for non-commercial ventures).
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 13:33:31 »

We are actively working on this now. I can't give a firm timeline because it doesn't just depend on me, however we should have something implemented very soon.

Regarding posting permissions, you will be given space in the vendor area of the site, rather than the artisan area (which is for non-commercial ventures).

Awesome. Sorry for being a bit persistent. I was unsure if the mods received my messages because I didn't get a response.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 13:52:29 »

Awesome. Sorry for being a bit persistent. I was unsure if the mods received my messages because I didn't get a response.

No worries. I'm really good at drafting responses to people in my head and then never sending them.