Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Royal Alpha  (Read 86851 times)

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
Re: [IC] Royal Alpha PBT Dyesub - ePBT Maybe!?
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 00:49:11 »
I just want more ePBT. I'm down

Offline azulyf

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 22:39:30 »
Any update on this?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 07:11:22 »
Hello and welcome back to the adventure that has been getting this set to happen. I'm starting this train back up since I finally got the motivation to try contacting the right people about it. Ten minutes talking with Wei from KBDFans and I'm already closer to getting info on getting this set into GB than I ever was from emailing ePBT directly. I find that odd, but c'est la vie you know. Now that this is slightly moving again, I figure it's time to pull up the mockup I just gave Wei and let people go over it to see if there's anything I missed. It's been a long time since I touched this set and I don't remember at all where I left off with the design.

Base Kit - I know I need to change the LOCK sublegend on the 1u Ctrl to Lock to match the others.

Intl Kit - I do remember this took quite some time of me looking up the different ISO layouts and trying to cram compatibility for a good amount of them into a single kit without making it too big/ expensive. I'm not even sure yet if they're willing to do this kit but I gave it to Wei for quoting, so might as well make sure it's up to snuff.

Let me know if you see anything that you think needs changing.

Offline soilheart

Re: [IC] Royal Alpha PBT Dyesub - ePBT Probably
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 09:17:36 »
Looks like the version based on my suggestions (which makes sense as the straw poll seems to lean towards functional instead of using the royal alpha legends). So to me it looks good ;)

The intl kit should also be doable, I think I paid 16.5 for my intl kit for the BoW set on kbdfans (not that it matters much to me personally, as I'm mostly interested in the base us intl layout ;). )
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 11:35:44 »
Hello and welcome back to the adventure that has been getting this set to happen. I'm starting this train back up since I finally got the motivation to try contacting the right people about it. Ten minutes talking with Wei from KBDFans and I'm already closer to getting info on getting this set into GB than I ever was from emailing ePBT directly. I find that odd, but c'est la vie you know. Now that this is slightly moving again, I figure it's time to pull up the mockup I just gave Wei and let people go over it to see if there's anything I missed. It's been a long time since I touched this set and I don't remember at all where I left off with the design.

Show Image

Base Kit - I know I need to change the LOCK sublegend on the 1u Ctrl to Lock to match the others.

Show Image

Intl Kit - I do remember this took quite some time of me looking up the different ISO layouts and trying to cram compatibility for a good amount of them into a single kit without making it too big/ expensive. I'm not even sure yet if they're willing to do this kit but I gave it to Wei for quoting, so might as well make sure it's up to snuff.

Let me know if you see anything that you think needs changing.

This is fantastic news. Was really hoping this would get resurrected. What about offering a green spacebar option, or even some green blank modifiers?   

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
Re: [IC] ePBT Royal Alpha
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 15:05:41 »
Some good news, I've already heard back from Wei about the MOQ and pricing of the kits. MOQ for both Base and Intl kit will be 100 units each. Pricing I'm not going to say quite yet since it's subject to change if any modifications are made to the kit contents, but I will say that the original numbers I gave for the set here when it wasn't ePBT yet are closer than I would have expected them to be, so that's good news. I'll be looking at feedback from this and the KT thread while I'm waiting for samples and see what needs to be adjusted before moving on. I'm excited that this is finally moving off the ground now that I finally went to Wei about it, Wei for MVP.

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 15:23:26 »
Good to see this is happening!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 15:43:46 »
Some good news, I've already heard back from Wei about the MOQ and pricing of the kits. MOQ for both Base and Intl kit will be 100 units each. Pricing I'm not going to say quite yet since it's subject to change if any modifications are made to the kit contents, but I will say that the original numbers I gave for the set here when it wasn't ePBT yet are closer than I would have expected them to be, so that's good news. I'll be looking at feedback from this and the KT thread while I'm waiting for samples and see what needs to be adjusted before moving on. I'm excited that this is finally moving off the ground now that I finally went to Wei about it, Wei for MVP.

Wei knows da Wei.

Wei 2020: Wei to the Presidency

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 00:31:48 »
Looking good. Can't refuse at this price.
One question
 - would you consider an accent enter and ESC key ?
I know it's harder since it's dyesubbed, and I don't know if epbt does all over dyesubing, but some thing like the bright green key and dark green legends maybe?

I know you already said you have reached the limit to keep cost down, very important, I thought it doesn't hurt to ask.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 11:55:15 »
Looking good. Can't refuse at this price.
One question
 - would you consider an accent enter and ESC key ?
I know it's harder since it's dyesubbed, and I don't know if epbt does all over dyesubing, but some thing like the bright green key and dark green legends maybe?

I know you already said you have reached the limit to keep cost down, very important, I thought it doesn't hurt to ask.

Unfortunately ePBT doesn't do all-over/reverse dyesub, so this isn't an option coming from them. If there was interest for that then our options would be a separate accent pack from another dyesubber or even GMK.

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 18:45:52 »
Any updates?

Offline asury

• /u/adsury/
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 03:35:27 »
Really hope that this GB will happen (soon)  ;D
Grey Duck Sidewinder/GMK Hyperfuse Origins/MX Black retooled | Sage M60-A/GMK Camping/Holy Sky | LFK68/DSA Granite Alps/SKCM Orange Alps

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 23:39:33 »
Small update, a sample is currently in production and they expect it finished next week.

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 02:53:53 »
I can't wait to see more on this.

Do EPBT still do colourful mods that I can pick up and pair with this?

Regardless, I missed out on GMK Royal Alphas, so I'll be keen for this. Especially as it's ePBT

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 12:41:03 »
putting myself down as interested in this as well lol

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 14:31:14 »
Small update, I'm now working with gok to make sure the legends for this set are going to be spot on. This may increase the time until production, but I think perfecting the legends is well worth it.

Offline yap68

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 04:24:58 »
Really hoping for green accent and spacebar kits

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 07:52:21 »

I think some green blanks would be nice and doable in PBT.

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 14:21:48 »
This would look great on a green Tofu.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 15:25:09 »

The thing about that would be A) I think just blanks would be a half-baked solution, and B) adding another color of plastic in the production would disproportionately increase the cost of the set. Supposedly gok is working with ePBT on a reverse sublimation setup for Kuro/Shiro, so that may be an option after all depending on how their testing goes.

Other news, I got a video from ePBT showing off the sample the made up for me. It looks good in the video but I'm waiting until I see it in person to give a conclusive evaluation. I'd show the video but at the moment I don't know somewhere quick/easy to upload it to.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 19:21:16 »

The thing about that would be A) I think just blanks would be a half-baked solution, and B) adding another color of plastic in the production would disproportionately increase the cost of the set. Supposedly gok is working with ePBT on a reverse sublimation setup for Kuro/Shiro, so that may be an option after all depending on how their testing goes.

Other news, I got a video from ePBT showing off the sample the made up for me. It looks good in the video but I'm waiting until I see it in person to give a conclusive evaluation. I'd show the video but at the moment I don't know somewhere quick/easy to upload it to.

Does this link work? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/404472694122479616/506766058628186122/video.mov
Royal Alpha is near the end.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 19:26:31 »
Yep it works.  Holy cow.  I want all 3 sets now

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 19:27:32 »
That does, but it makes you download it which I thought would worry some people, and it crashes my media player when I pause for some reason.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 21:00:12 »
That does, but it makes you download it which I thought would worry some people, and it crashes my media player when I pause for some reason.

Didn't notice but then I realized I was on my phone.  It just plays on mobile. 

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 11:36:42 »
I didnt want to download. what is it?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 11:46:58 »
I didnt want to download. what is it?

video showing the keycaps

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 12:03:18 »
I gotchu guys.  I can remove this video from youtube if you want, but here it is so you cant actually watch it on desktop without downloading. 

This is a video sample of ePBT Grayscale (muted), Slate, and Royal Alpha.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 21:30:30 »
I gotchu guys.  I can remove this video from youtube if you want, but here it is so you cant actually watch it on desktop without downloading. 

This looks absolutely fantastic. I'm more hyped than I was before. Nice sharp legends, and it looks like they got the color right too.

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 21:32:10 »
Looking good! GB when?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 22:23:31 »
Looking good! GB when?

Gotta wait for the sample to get to me to see how it is in person, and then most likely gok will be giving the legends a going-over to make sure they're mint before moving on. It's worth it to make sure that this is as good as it can be to make up for the white base not hitting in GMK R2 *and* because I'm planning on more sets in the future using this one as a base.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 22:26:07 »

Sorry, don't mean to hijack, but who is running grayscale and has the GB started for it?

Offline ender

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 19:05:30 »

woah that looks REALLY good

gb when

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 16:19:12 »

Samples in today and got some first pics. There are a few inconsistency issues that Gok and I were aware of beforehand and already working on, but overall the quality of the subbing is on point. In the next couple days I'll put some of these on my board with my GMK set and get some close up pics comparing them. I'm already super hyped about it just from this sample though and can't wait until Gok has the legends setup and we're ready to go with this.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 16:24:41 »
Looks really nice, man.  How's the space bar warpage?

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 22:46:16 »
This looks really good.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 05:33:50 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Samples in today and got some first pics. There are a few inconsistency issues that Gok and I were aware of beforehand and already working on, but overall the quality of the subbing is on point. In the next couple days I'll put some of these on my board with my GMK set and get some close up pics comparing them. I'm already super hyped about it just from this sample though and can't wait until Gok has the legends setup and we're ready to go with this.

No-one is probably as hyped as I am! An actual US Intl. keycap set. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Finally!

(I can't see any inconsistency that I would be annoyed by, and I'm easily annoyed, but you probably know what kind of inconsistencies look for =P)
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 16:25:58 »
Got a comparison pic today while the lighting in my room was acceptable

Please forgive the GMK caps looking a little dirty, I used RA to experiment with clear-coating caps to keep the texture/pad printing and one of the side effects was that they get dirty super easily.

Things that I can see right now that I'd like to adjust/change:

Sublegend green is a little darker than with GMK
The ¡ on 1 looks more like an i
@ looks a bit thin
5 is missing the €
I'd like the ¼ and ½ to be a little shorter/match the main legends in height
Q is a bit thicc
® I'd like a little closer to GMK's
Maybe make § a bit thicker, not sure
Make G a bit thicker
Æ looks a bit cramped and the A portion is taller than the E portion
© I'd like to look more like GMK's
Bottom row legends need to be more consistent with one another
Overall touchups to consistency across all legends

This is all stuff I've talked to Gok about so far, so we're already in the process of fixing everything I've made a note of. Let me know if you see anything here that I haven't addressed that you think should be looked at.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 21:44:31 »
Show Image

Please forgive the GMK caps looking a little dirty, I used RA to experiment with clear-coating caps to keep the texture/pad printing and one of the side effects was that they get dirty super easily.

@ looks a bit thin
5 is missing the €
Q is a bit thicc
Make G a bit thicker

This is all stuff I've talked to Gok about so far, so we're already in the process of fixing everything I've made a note of. Let me know if you see anything here that I haven't addressed that you think should be looked at.

Its funny that the 'E' on the GMK cap looks slightly screwy when compared to the EnjoyPBT.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 21:53:24 »
Show Image

@ looks a bit thin
5 is missing the €
Q is a bit thicc
Make G a bit thicker

Its funny that the 'E' on the GMK cap looks slightly screwy when compared to the EnjoyPBT.

ePBT is bestPBT.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 05:15:15 »
clean and like them!

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 09:41:01 »
Show Image

@ looks a bit thin
5 is missing the €
Q is a bit thicc
Make G a bit thicker

ePBT is bestPBT.

why are you here. this isnt a blue keyset

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 13:35:22 »
Show Image

@ looks a bit thin
5 is missing the €
Q is a bit thicc
Make G a bit thicker

ePBT is bestPBT.

If Hydro didn't exist as a GMK set I wouldn't use GMK tbh.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 14:07:00 »
Show Image

@ looks a bit thin
5 is missing the €
Q is a bit thicc
Make G a bit thicker

ePBT is bestPBT.

If Hydro didn't exist as a GMK set I wouldn't use GMK tbh.

Question still stands, sir

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 14:15:27 »

Well. not yet anyway...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 17:27:47 »

Well. not yet anyway...

AH YESSSS.  I was just thinking about other color combos for this template.  Black with red sublegends, navy with lighter blue sublegends.  Looks like good things ahead.

Think of all of the blue-gray and navy cases out there.  We need some PBT with navy legends, boys!

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 08:19:36 »
Any updates on timing?

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 20:57:23 »
How's this looking so far?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 23:31:54 »
Gok's going to be on vacation for awhile, but we're also waiting for Kuro/Shiro samples to see how the updated modifiers on it look compared to the "normal" ePBT mod legends.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 16:18:00 »
Put this in my 2019 budget. Any idea on timing yet?

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 22:02:06 »
Any updates?