Author Topic: TODAY'S WEATHER  (Read 34152 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: TODAY'S WEATHER
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 03:45:18 »
The forecast has been updated ... 39°C tomorrow and 41°C on Saturday (102.2F and 105.8F respectively).

:eek:

Oh and 27°C on Friday night (80.6F).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 03:47:58 »

The forecast has been updated ... 39°C tomorrow and 41°C on Saturday (102.2F and 105.8F respectively).

Oh and 27°C on Friday night (80.6F).

Wow, it's like summer time.....   :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 03:54:16 »

The forecast has been updated ... 39�C tomorrow and 41�C on Saturday (102.2F and 105.8F respectively).

Oh and 27�C on Friday night (80.6F).

Wow, it's like summer time.....   :))

Yeah, funny about that.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 06:08:57 »
i remember +38 with 100% humidity very well (it was in 2010).
and it happened after winter in which the temperature was -25 on average. again, with humidity close to 100%.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 16:58:37 »
i remember +38 with 100% humidity very well (it was in 2010).
and it happened after winter in which the temperature was -25 on average. again, with humidity close to 100%.

Humidity I don't like.

Adelaide, where I grew up, is a bit hotter than this, but a very dry heat, and bearable.

Melbourne is hot and humid.  Not very pleasant - I sweat a lot.

Offline iri

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 06:52:39 »
wow, Salisbury North looks like Russia, but the roads there exist are different.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 17:39:20 »
wow, Salisbury North looks like Russia, but the roads there exist are different.

I lived in the southern suburbs.  Very rarely did we venture that far north.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #207 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 23:43:41 »
Today was forecast to be 41°C.  It is currently 38°C.

The forecast for the rest of the day currently reads:

"Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers and thunderstorms this evening with squally winds. Possible hail with thunderstorms. Winds northerly 30 to 50 km/h shifting cooler southeast to southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h early this evening. Squalls of 90 to 100km/h possible early this evening."

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 January 2015, 23:46:45 by rowdy »

Offline iri

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 03:51:57 »
+1 and heavy snow. the flood alert is still active and the dam is closed :(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 03:22:29 »
It was forecast to be 36°C degrees today.

Pretty much reached it.

Then the clouds came over and the rain and thunderstorm started.

And lightning.

Enough lightning to knock out some of the train lines (signal failure due to lightning strikes), and cause blackouts all around.

So no power from about 3pm until about 6pm.

The temperature dropped to about 24°C during the rain, then everything cleared, the sun appeared again, and temperatures rose again to about 36°C.

Humid all day.

Not a very pleasant day at all.

My other half was videoing the lightning, and suddenly shrieked and went inside.  Only this evening when we were watching the video did I see why ...

The trees in the following picture are 2 houses down, and the picture is completely untouched (screenshot from VLC video).

So the lightning grounded between where I was standing and the trees.

Yikes! :eek:

Offline iri

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 05:43:24 »
it was -10 yesterday, but i've seen a guy wearing light sports shorts.

rowdy, did your wife wear sunglasses?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 14:01:43 »

-19... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Offline iri

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 16:18:02 »
-19F or normal temperature units?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:26:09 »
I always use metric like any sensible person would.

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:27:34 »
-20 degrees now, supposed to be -40 degrees tonight

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:53:56 »
it was -10 yesterday, but i've seen a guy wearing light sports shorts.

rowdy, did your wife wear sunglasses?

Nope, if was overcast and pouring with rain at the time.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 20:17:50 »
2 hour drive home from snow is always nice...

Should I take tomorrow off? sigh.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #217 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 20:32:42 »

:(  Is it so long due to distance or traffic (and the snow making it bad of course)?

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 20:34:58 »

:(  Is it so long due to distance or traffic (and the snow making it bad of course)?
Long distance (1 hour), traffic (rush hour) and snow storm lol. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, actually

How's Wisconsin?
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 January 2015, 20:38:58 by sorijealut »

Offline sakone54

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 20:36:28 »
December was incredibly hot, now that its January it snowed today and is straight freezing...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #220 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 20:53:55 »

Long distance (1 hour), traffic (rush hour) and snow storm lol. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, actually

How's Wisconsin?

Ahh, poo.  2 hours is bad regardless, but even a 1 hour commute in good weather is bad!  :O

WI is snowy right now!  Where I'm at (Eastern) got a bit of snow today (just a few inches, not too much), so driving was fun.  My commute is not long at all, but I did a lot of fish-tailing.  ^.^  IMO, the biggest downside of winter is hearing everyone complain about it (yeah yeah, kinda hypocritical :P ).

Here is a potato of my driveway:

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 21:29:44 »

How's Wisconsin?

Ahh, poo.  2 hours is bad regardless, but even a 1 hour commute in good weather is bad!  :O

WI is snowy right now!  Where I'm at (Eastern) got a bit of snow today (just a few inches, not too much), so driving was fun.  My commute is not long at all, but I did a lot of fish-tailing.  ^.^  IMO, the biggest downside of winter is hearing everyone complain about it (yeah yeah, kinda hypocritical :P ).

Here is a potato of my driveway:
Show Image

Commutes really should be shorter...
I don't particularly mind snow either, so I can't really relate to ones that look out the window and start grumbling.

We are rally drivers.

Offline MessyCaps

• Stressed out cap maker taking a break :S
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 21:38:07 »
37 degrees right now where I am...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 21:49:51 »
It was 0 F this morning.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 22:16:14 »
The past 2 days have had some really dense low-hanging fog. Walking to work in the morning I kept waiting for Pyramid Head to pop out from behind some trees to tear my skin off  :eek:

It's been in the low 40's though, which is quite nice this time of year.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 04:18:10 »
YAY FOR CANADA IN THE NORTH!! That's about -51 F for all you not on the correct system.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #226 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 08:42:47 »
YAY FOR CANADA IN THE NORTH!! That's about -51 F for all you not on the correct system.

The wind chill is about -51F, mind you.  The actual temp is -29F.

Still really ****in' cold though!

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 08:52:06 »
-12F in Toronto right now. Without windchill. No thanks!

Offline iri

« Reply #228 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 09:40:39 »
It was zero in the morning, but the temperature slowly but steadily goes down to -17. And the winds makes me feel like Mary Poppins.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #229 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 09:43:42 »
-51f? Ordinary Siberian weather. Without the windchill.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 09:56:06 »
I dislike the weather this weekend.  If it's got to be cloudy so there is no good light to take pics at least it could rain or snow, but no - it's just dull. 

At least it's not "cold" (anything below 5c is "cold," people here are wimps) so no-one's moaning about it. Except me...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #231 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 12:10:46 »
It was comfy all the week, and then we had a Restaurant Day which I and my friends have a food stand there yester day, the temperature go all the way down from over 0 to -15°. I just have to go out for one day, and the weather treats me like that, can't believe :(

But it's been sunny for several days now, I got that going for me, which is nice.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #232 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 12:14:00 »
-20 degrees (Celsius) this week. Pretty typical for Midwestern USA but still freaking cold.

I always HATE coming back here after spending time elsewhere.
null

Offline agilerecord

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 01:20:58 »
Currently here in Manila and it's 29 degrees Celsius partly sunny :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #234 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:13:33 »
It got up to a massive 7.5°C here today, and been lightly raining all day (25mm so far).

The front garden is exceedingly soggy, the driveway is flooded (to a depth of about 2cm) - it drains off though.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #235 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 09:21:38 »
Damn. Besides sometimes forgetting that it is winter down in Oz, I never think of it as a cold place, even then.

Here in Atlanta (aka Hotlanta), Georgia, it has been a sweltering 95F/35C (high) and getting down to 75F/25C at night, for a couple of weeks now.

Fortunately my neighborhood has a swimming pool. That makes for a very refreshing break.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 11:28:07 »
Damn. Besides sometimes forgetting that it is winter down in Oz, I never think of it as a cold place, even then.

Here in Atlanta (aka Hotlanta), Georgia, it has been a sweltering 95F/35C (high) and getting down to 75F/25C at night, for a couple of weeks now.

Fortunately my neighborhood has a swimming pool. That makes for a very refreshing break.

A few of my coworkers are in Atlanta for work for a couple weeks.  I do not envy that trip at this time of the year!   :eek:   Hang in there, that sounds miserably hot.   :confused:

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 11:29:21 »

A few of my coworkers are in Atlanta for work for a couple weeks.  I do not envy that trip at this time of the year!   :eek:   Hang in there, that sounds miserably hot.   :confused:

Mid to high 90s with humidity for the next 2 weeks, even on the days it's going to storm  :(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 11:39:22 »

Mid to high 90s with humidity for the next 2 weeks, even on the days it's going to storm  :(

I'll take my -40F windchill winters, thankyouverymuch.  :|

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 06:16:33 »
something something HOT something something MORE HOT something something RAIN something something Nice Summer Evening. Go to bed, wake up, do it all over again.

I hear that there are chilly mornings in NE. Damn you Yankees and your actually reasonable weather (something I normally reserve for those in SF/CA)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 05:25:39 »
It got a bit cool overnight.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 00:20:47 »
It was 33.1 and sunny today.

Tomorrow is forecast to be 17 degrees with light rain.

Also, got a new temperature chart :)

116730-0

Offline iri

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 06:57:23 »
i sweat

when i'm on the street

in a hoodie

in november

-Ray Bradbury

Offline shibataken

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 14:06:41 »
Raining and like 50 degrees in NYC.  Was 70 degrees like two days ago lol...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #244 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 03:49:11 »
BoM (Bureau of Meteorology) said today had some record high temperatures and was generally about 21°C above average.

That means temperatures were about DOUBLE average.

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #245 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 04:51:04 »
Haven't had a day under 40 degrees here the last 4 days.  Hope the predicted cool change comes in tomorrow.  Friday's max temp was 45 degrees (in the shade).
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #246 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 04:55:09 »
Anything above about 20 is uncomfortable for me to sleep.  It's currently 31 inside.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #247 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 07:48:06 »
i sweat

when i'm on the street

in a hoodie

in november

it's nearly Christmas and no sight of snows in Helsinki...
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline iri

« Reply #248 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 15:21:22 »
i sweat

when i'm on the street

in a hoodie

in november

it's nearly Christmas and no sight of snows in Helsinki...
It was +17 in London yesterday.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #249 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 03:44:05 »
Bleah.

Today's top was around 38.9°C (102.2F).

It is nearly 9pm and still 34.6°C outside (94.3F).

Bed time soon, and still 31.6°C (88.88F) inside.

Toooooooo hoootttttttttt.............