Author Topic: Hello from Feenix  (Read 7760 times)

Offline feenix

Hello from Feenix
« on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 12:28:23 »
Hello GeekHack community,

I work at a company called Feenix and we have been making gaming peripherals for close to 4 years now. We have not been active on this forum before, but we wanted to engage with the Geekhack community going forward.

Here is a link to the mechanical keyboards we make- the Autore. http://www.feenixcollection.com/keyboards.html

Looking forward to your comments, feedback and suggestions!

Not sure if this is the right place to start, but hopefully someone can show me the right forums where manufacturers can post. I see the Vendor forum, but don't seem to have privileges to post there.

Thanks for reading!
Ashwin

Offline Altis

Re: Hello from Feenix
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 17:08:58 »
Hello Ashwin,

Have to say, rather nice looking design you guys have. I like the small outer bezels, detachable cable, and clean logo.

Do you have plans of making a TKL version?
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline feenix

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 15:00:31 »
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words!

We actually already have a TKL prototype built out and continue to work on it. But it will probably take a while for us to get it in production because we need quite a bit of capital to do so. Attached is a picture of our last try at it (a few things have already changed like the Feenix logo and keycaps won't be there.)152972-0

Offline lolpes

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 17:17:43 »
Hello Ashwin, welcome!

I have been fan of the feenix line of peripherals from some time. Glad you guys are back with new stuff!

Why would you change the case design from the fullsize version? That is the best part about the keyboard! Litterally to get one of the best tkls out these you just have to "crop" your existing design.

basically something like this: (credit goes to hineybush over at reddit)

Some other pointers, but this is more personal opinion:

-the case is too tall, i.e. It's height should match the bottom line of the keycaps, this is especially important for cherry or DSA profile keycaps.

-take the logo from the front of the case on the tkl version, put it on the back, you already have it showing on the keycaps. It just looks cheap. On the fullsize version it actually looks good, probably the best looking branded keyboard out there.

- please, please, please, consider a 1800 layout keyboard (leopold FC980m lookalike) a keyboard with that layout and a case matching the case design from the feenix autore keyboard would be just amazing!
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 November 2016, 03:18:17 by lolpes »

Offline feenix

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 17:48:35 »
Hey Lolpes,

Thanks for the feedback- exactly what I was looking for!

We just wanted to try something new with our first cut at it, but you are right- in the end we envision the TKL keyboard being very similar to the 104 key one, but we were just trying to experiment with the first iteration.

And thank you for personal feedback, as well as the well as the links to the other ones! I had not seen those threads before and will definitely spend some time reading through those threads.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 21:31:27 »
Welcome :)

Clean looking boards there, good font choice compared to a lot of other backlit boards :thumb:

+1 for moving the logo & layouts that aren't as common like 1800.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 23:49:02 »
Hi and welcome to Geekhack! :cool:

I've sent you a private message about Vendor status.

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 00:25:41 »
Hello Ashwin, welcome!

I have been fan of the feenix line of peripherals from some time. Glad you guys are back with new stuff!

Why would you change the case design from the fullsize version? That is the best part about the keyboard! Litterally to get one of the best tkls out these you just have to "crop" your existing design.

basically something like this: (credit goes to hineybush over at reddit)

Show Image

Some other pointers, but this is more personal opinion:

-the case is too tall, i.e. It's height should match the bottom line of the keycaps, this is especially important for cherry or DSA profile keycaps.

-take the logo from the front of the case on the tkl version, put it on the back, you already have it showing on the keycaps. It just looks cheap. On the fullsize version it actually looks good, probably the best looking branded keyboard out there.

- please, please, please, consider a 1800 layout keyboard (leopold FC980m lookalike) a keyboard with that layout and a case matching the case design from the feenix autore keyboard would be just amazing!

Totally agree with lolpes on this. I love mine. The sharp corners of the case just make It sexy. The only thing preventing it as my daily is struggle with using custom caps.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 05:01:35 »
Totally agree with lolpes on this. I love mine. The sharp corners of the case just make It sexy. The only thing preventing it as my daily is struggle with using custom caps.

Do you have any SA caps for it? if so, could you provide some pics of the board with a full set of SA caps, always wanted to see that! I think a user here only posted some pics of the arrow cluster with SA retro caps on it.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 05:50:28 »
Board looks great and all, but as a modder and DIY kind of guy one thing I would love to see OEMs do is make their plates compatible with switch top removal on non-backlit keyboards. Maybe that's unrealistic as those little spaces could turn into crumb collectors for the many and useful to the few.

Also welcome to the community :)
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 05:56:21 »

Do you have any SA caps for it? if so, could you provide some pics of the board with a full set of SA caps, always wanted to see that! I think a user here only posted some pics of the arrow cluster with SA retro caps on it.

That user is me. :) Didn't had time back then but I can do that this weekend. Will post it by then.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 06:47:28 »
Ahaha xD sorry I didn't notice that :p

Offline ayuy90

• Assignment Help
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 03:50:45 »
Hello Geekhack...

Offline lolpes

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 09:07:23 »
Hello Geekhack...

You may want to  create a tread for yourself ;) and welcome!!

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 22:40:09 »
Hope you don't mind Ashwin :)

153230-0
153232-1
153234-2
153236-3
153249-4
153240-5
153242-6

And if a TKL
153244-7
153247-8
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 November 2016, 22:50:20 by kokokoy »

Offline JohnNoels

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 04:03:03 »
Hello Everyone :)

Offline bradshaw48

• I have been realtor for the past 5 years
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 02:21:42 »
I am also new and I also hope that I will get some valuable advices or life hacks that could be useful for me.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 10:29:38 »
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words!

We actually already have a TKL prototype built out and continue to work on it. But it will probably take a while for us to get it in production because we need quite a bit of capital to do so. Attached is a picture of our last try at it (a few things have already changed like the Feenix logo and keycaps won't be there.) (Attachment Link)

I like that the LED indicators lack any kind of label. We can figure out which one is which by pressing a few buttons :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 12:31:59 »
The subtle art of necro posting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling