Author Topic: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - R1 + R2 Fin.  (Read 284017 times)

Offline vonswoopington

Something is a little weird with my new Canoe. BootMapperClient won't allow me to use SHIFT + ESC to call the ~ key.

On my old canoe, tilde works fine. On the new canoe, it doesn't. I even copied the HEX from the old canoe and flashed it to the new one.

Still no dice. Nothing wrong with the board or the pcb at all. FN + SHIFT + ESC works fine to call tilde, but my old canoe can do it with SHIFT + ESC and I'd like to duplicate the behavior.

Any tips?

I'm also in the market for another PCB and Plate, not because anything is wrong but because I'd like to do the bandaid mod on my old canoe.

Did you ever figure this out? A buddy of mine is running into the same thing on his canoe.
TGR 910 Polycarb | TGR Alice | TGR Unikorn | Lyn EM-7 | VE.A | Kyuu | E7-V1

Offline gabbbe

Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - Round 1 complete, waiting for Round 2 to arrive.
« Reply #601 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 22:24:34 »
Looking forward for a new group buy of the Canoe. Waiting impatiently  :'(

Offline Darknight00z

Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - Round 1 complete, waiting for Round 2 to arrive.
« Reply #602 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 17:28:20 »
Looking forward for a new group buy of the Canoe. Waiting impatiently  :'(

Its not a GB, its retail units ready to ship.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #603 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 08:45:30 »
OK, so I think I just bricked my Canoe PCB... I'm really hoping someone can give me a suggestion of how to troubleshoot since I'm totally stumped.

I recently bought a Canoe on r/mechmarket and it worked beautifully for about 2 hours. Then I started playing around with the function layer key to see what buttons adjusted the backlighting, top LED, etc. I managed to turn on the key backlighting and shortly thereafter the PCB started acting very strange. The keys would stop registering after a few seconds of the keyboard being plugged in, and then the keyboard went completely dead. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence in timing with me using the function layer but I have no idea what to do at this point. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #604 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 09:14:20 »
OK, so I think I just bricked my Canoe PCB... I'm really hoping someone can give me a suggestion of how to troubleshoot since I'm totally stumped.

I recently bought a Canoe on r/mechmarket and it worked beautifully for about 2 hours. Then I started playing around with the function layer key to see what buttons adjusted the backlighting, top LED, etc. I managed to turn on the key backlighting and shortly thereafter the PCB started acting very strange. The keys would stop registering after a few seconds of the keyboard being plugged in, and then the keyboard went completely dead. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence in timing with me using the function layer but I have no idea what to do at this point. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?
I have noticed that the canoe pcb is pretty picky when it comes to usb cables and/or usb hubs. Have you tried another cable and if you use a hub connect it directly to the PC/MB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #605 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 09:54:13 »
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I've tried both of those things with no success.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #606 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 10:02:26 »
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I've tried both of those things with no success.
Was worth a try :( That’s all the help I can offer unfortunately, hope others can be of more assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #607 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 10:03:46 »
Are you using screw in stabs?

make sure they're not shorting on anything
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #608 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 10:13:43 »
Are you using screw in stabs?

make sure they're not shorting on anything

Good call. Yes it does have screw-ins. I’ll take them out and see what happens.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #609 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 09:51:57 »
Hi!

I am selling  fully build Percent Canoe with Zealios 67g and zeal stab. Full blue led backlight.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Ox6kWBo

If someone miss the gb and still want one, don’t hesitate to pm me! Info are in classified

:thumb:

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #610 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 11:28:54 »
Do we know the pricing for R2 retail?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #611 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 12:08:07 »
Do we know the pricing for R2 retail?
Last one was 460 dollar shipped to the us

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #612 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 18:41:04 »
selling an extra plate/pcb combo with Tealios if anyone is interested

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #613 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 13:00:21 »
Does the pcb support split backspace?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #614 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 13:06:29 »
Nope
Does the pcb support split backspace?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon

Offline Darknight00z

Any updates on the R2 batch?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
Hello guys i build my Canoe and it works. But the Weird thing is that it only works with one cable i have. I have 2 Zap cables and only one of them work. I tested the non working cable on other keyboards and they do work fine but with the Canoe it's a no go.

Any ideas why this is happening?
current
Coming soon

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Any updates on the R2 batch?

We're still waiting on production, hopefully next month fingers crossed
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline macclack

• Macclack
Hello guys i build my Canoe and it works. But the Weird thing is that it only works with one cable i have. I have 2 Zap cables and only one of them work. I tested the non working cable on other keyboards and they do work fine but with the Canoe it's a no go.

Not exactly sure what's happening but I've read on previous posts that the Canoe is super picky about what USB cable you use. I personally haven't had that specific experience with my Canoe but I can tell you that certain custom cables I've purchased have not performed well with various keyboards. I've literally thrown them away because they're so undependable.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder

Not exactly sure what's happening but I've read on previous posts that the Canoe is super picky about what USB cable you use. I personally haven't had that specific experience with my Canoe but I can tell you that certain custom cables I've purchased have not performed well with various keyboards. I've literally thrown them away because they're so undependable.

I am glad it's the cable and not the PCB. ^-^
current
Coming soon

Offline onlinegamer0

Hi guys! I'm coming from Reddit and I'm thinking about the Canoe as my first custom. Is the R2 for this GB over? How are peoples overall experience with the keyboard? I read some people had issues with PCBs.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
Hi guys! I'm coming from Reddit and I'm thinking about the Canoe as my first custom. Is the R2 for this GB over? How are peoples overall experience with the keyboard? I read some people had issues with PCBs.

I think the Canoe is one of the better customs out there. The build quality is exceptional, I'm a fan of the 65% layout and they look badass. I'll go so far as to say if I had to give up my entire collection with the exception of 1 keyboard, I would probably opt for holding on to the Canoe. That being said the first PCB I bought died in about a week but luckily I was able to find a replacement PCB that has been going strong for about a month now. My hope is that Percent is improving the reliability of their PCBs but I honestly don't know.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder

I think the Canoe is one of the better customs out there. The build quality is exceptional, I'm a fan of the 65% layout and they look badass. I'll go so far as to say if I had to give up my entire collection with the exception of 1 keyboard, I would probably opt for holding on to the Canoe. That being said the first PCB I bought died in about a week but luckily I was able to find a replacement PCB that has been going strong for about a month now. My hope is that Percent is improving the reliability of their PCBs but I honestly don't know.

Curious, did you ever try to fix the PCB? What were the symptoms? 

Offline macclack

• Macclack
Curious, did you ever try to fix the PCB? What were the symptoms?

No, I never could get the PCB to work. Everything was working fine until I started playing around with the LED settings using the function key and the function layer. Shortly thereafter I would plug it in and the keys would register for about 10 seconds and then it would stop registering anything. After about a day of this, the PCB stopped working completely. None of my computers even recognize it as a keyboard any more.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
I see.  Mine was DOA but I reflowed the MCU and it works now.  Yours sounds more like a bricked by firmware issue I guess.

Offline Darknight00z

updates on R2? I've seen many R2 on mechmarket already, barely been able to hold off.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
I'm still waiting on Percent.

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline MightyFineShindig

Does anyone know how to reset the pcb to flash a new keymap onto the keyboard?
Using either windows 10 or ubuntu.
Canoe | MxSS | M60-A | Aegis | Unikorn | Constellation

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu

You use bootmapper, it's a ps2avr MCU.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

it's in software, i don't think there's a hardware reset
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard

You can set the PCB to bootloader mode by holding either backspace or delete (i forgot which) while plugging the keyboard in, or by going into Options -> Set Bootloader in BootmapperClient.
You need either bootloadHID to flash a hex on, which you can find here: https://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/bootloadhid.html, or use Options ->Firm Up(select .hex) in BootmapperClient.

This is for flashing a QMK hex file on to the board I presume?

EDIT: An alternative to bootloadHID: http://vusb.wikidot.com/project:hidbootflash. Same thing, but it has a GUI. Put in bootloader mode -> Find Device -> Open .hex File -> Tick Reboot AVR, Press Flash
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 December 2018, 04:00:00 by MxBlue »

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - hmu fam
« Reply #631 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 04:40:31 »
Some units avail, prefer reddit/discord/slack over GH pms but will check after dinner ta.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/abh7n6/sghcanoe_r2_otd_bsp_gmk_alps_etc_w_paypal_trades/

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #632 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 06:45:21 »
Some units avail, prefer reddit/discord/slack over GH pms but will check after dinner ta.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/abh7n6/sghcanoe_r2_otd_bsp_gmk_alps_etc_w_paypal_trades/

Just fyi, your post has been removed from mm due to timestamp issues I think

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 07:46:11 »
https://imgur.com/a/30rwdP7

https://imgur.com/a/Ts1Ssch

i have the following units left:

Extra PCB   | 6 / 13

Kits: $404 + shipping
Extra PCB: $41 + shipping
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 03:38:30 by beamingrobot »

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #634 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 09:05:24 »
beamingrobot, how do we go about ordering the Canoe you have on hand?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #635 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 09:08:04 »
Sorry, should have specified. PM me and I'll invoice you directly. I'm headed to bed, so don't worry about waiting I'll update my imgur album with all remaining boards with individual timestamps to make it easier for everyone.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #636 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 11:36:52 »
Does anyone know if there's anything left?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #637 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 11:46:24 »
Does anyone know if there's anything left?

beamingrobot is the only person that'll know

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #638 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 20:11:59 »
Any PCBs still available? I sent a PM for an extra PCB.

Offline DoCallMeKing

« Reply #639 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 06:47:23 »
PM sent to you beaming....

Offline cemoon

« Reply #640 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 21:39:52 »
Pmed beaming

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #641 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 03:03:42 »
16 Jan edit: I'm all out for now, 2 invoices are pending so if they're unpaid they'll be released for sale.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 January 2019, 08:12:32 by beamingrobot »

Offline DoCallMeKing

« Reply #642 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:37:55 »
Anyone looking to sell theirs?

Offline Kurisu666

« Reply #643 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 06:35:43 »
PMing @beamingrobot for pcb!

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #644 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 08:34:46 »
I still have a pcb left.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline bard

« Reply #645 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 09:39:21 »
guys do you have a plate CAD to share?

Offline bard

« Reply #646 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 14:34:59 »
how can I flash it with my hex?
I have HIDBootFlash but after putting right VendorID and ProductId it finds the keyboard, I select my hex and flash, but it looks like my extra layer is not persisted. Any thought?

How can I put it "boot" / "reset" mode?

Offline yuppie

Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - R1 + R2 Fin.
« Reply #647 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 11:47:30 »
Anyone have the red PCB? It seems the red PCB will not respect SHIFT + ESC = TILDE ... Looking at flashing QMK to get around this
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline bard

« Reply #648 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 15:00:56 »
Anyone have the red PCB? It seems the red PCB will not respect SHIFT + ESC = TILDE ... Looking at flashing QMK to get around this

I made it works with QMK and OSX, if you want, just poke me on discord bard#1019.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #649 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 15:30:09 »

I made it works with QMK and OSX, if you want, just poke me on discord bard#1019.

Thanks for the help, I got it working by using the QMK hex and flashing the firmware with BMC.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist