Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 871389 times)

Offline zemp

• FREE ITENS PLS
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #1600 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:10:42 »
I play star craft and crossfire,  I used to play both of them professionaly

Screen name on SC?
i didnt got to many tournament because i was a tennager but i played many of the tournements on twitch.tv my name was a barcode IlIlllIII                                             

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1601 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 05:56:29 »
I want to start playing AoE2 again, b-b-but school...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1602 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 16:28:37 »
Anyone else participating in the Borderlands 2 Great Loot Hunt? It's rekindled my love for the game for sporadic short bursts of play. A brilliant marketing strat to get players reinterested and boost their play numbers, plus guaranteed lagendaries. How can you refuse?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1603 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 16:29:52 »
I just started playing Brothers.. really cool so far. Beautiful and decent puzzles.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1604 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 22:19:35 »
Super Hentai Tentacle Secret Family Mega Touch Contest II
Serious?! Sounds like the kind of game I have the touchy feely for. ;)

Presently playing Dead Space 3, Lost Planet 3....with a generous dose of UT3. What is it with me and 3's? ;D

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1605 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 22:23:30 »
buying gta tomorrow for xbox, to celebrate my long weekend, and playing some games i got from the free thread tonight

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #1606 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 22:56:46 »
I just started playing Brothers.. really cool so far. Beautiful and decent puzzles.

Looking forward to playing through that one soon..

I just played through Olav & the Lute, a 10-20 minute long free indie post-apocalyptic fantasy puzzle game based on LOOM. Now I'm intrigued and want to check out LOOM.  :p

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #1607 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 01:00:34 »

Looking forward to playing through that one soon..

I just played through Olav & the Lute, a 10-20 minute long free indie post-apocalyptic fantasy puzzle game based on LOOM. Now I'm intrigued and want to check out LOOM.  :p
i played it a few weeks back, its pretty short, but has a very good/touching story line. gave me dem feels.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1608 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 05:39:10 »
Greed Corp.
Nice little board game.
Currently on Humble Bundle.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1609 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 07:56:17 »
Picked up Gone Home as it was one sale, was right up my alley. Although probably not for everyone, and it does have flaws, but it still managed to keep me glued to my computer for two hours straight, which is more than most games are able to.

I would write more, but there isn't much that can be said about it that won't spoil the experience.

Edit:
I know there are some younger GHers around(like mid-teens or thereabouts), and if any of you have played the game please send me a PM, there are some parts of the story I'd like to hear your opinion on.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2013, 05:27:19 by vun »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1610 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:42:17 »

Next up its Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs followed by System Shock 2, so it's going to be a good couple of weeks.

(Attachment Link)

SYSTEM SHOCK 2!!! Loved that game! You gonna play with the fan-made hires models? I was hoping for number 3, but they released Bioshock instead, which was good, but.... not in space!

Currently playing Minecraft now and then (with my 5yr old son) and SWtOR when I find the time. I plan to play through the Mass Effect series "soon".

Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1611 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:56:00 »
Just finished all the scenarios modes in F1 2013 on hard... super bummed out there are so few Classic ones... but mehhh... now doing the career challenges on hard and having fun.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1612 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 15:14:54 »
Super Hentai Tentacle Secret Family Mega Touch Contest II

Screw u turtle, I looked it up.. dat not a reel gam

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #1613 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 18:26:36 »
Did anyone here get into Final Fantasy XIV ARR? I've been thinking about going into it...
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline zemp

• FREE ITENS PLS
« Reply #1614 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 23:24:30 »
ive quit on starcraft 2 cuz i can't get my self back into masters for 6 months

ive started brood war

Anyone want to play brood war or Crossfire NA with me?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1615 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 01:47:58 »
Just purchased Doom Classic Complete for $2.00 which includes Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Master Levels for Doom II, and Final Doom; I know what I'll be playing tonight >:D :cool:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1616 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 06:54:59 »
Just purchased Doom Classic Complete for $2.00 which includes Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Master Levels for Doom II, and Final Doom; I know what I'll be playing tonight >:D :cool:

Sounds like the best possible night

Offline BakaPhoenix

« Reply #1617 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 16:38:36 »
I have started playing deus ex human revolution director cut.
I love the normal one, i hope the director cut made it even better :D

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #1618 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 17:48:04 »

If you want to use your mouse, a higher resolution, and/or properly customize your controls, make sure you download a port.  ZDoom, Doom Legacy, jDoom, and gzDoom are all great ports. 

The latter two offer opengl for very much improved graphics, but I still prefer the classic feel of software rendering myself.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1619 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 20:34:13 »
Anyone else seen this.
Looks like it could be pretty good!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1620 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 20:37:31 »
Anyone else seen this.
Looks like it could be pretty good!

http://www.moddb.com/games/raindrop

Didn't this start off as a free mod for something a while ago?

Yeah, found it - used to be a HL2 mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/raindrop/news
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1621 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 21:05:01 »
Sweet! Thanks for the info rowdy!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1622 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 22:18:57 »
Sweet! Thanks for the info rowdy!

Not sure that it helped much - they abandoned the mod a while back.  Amazed I remembered it actually.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1623 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 22:46:25 »

It was pretty glorious! Definitely was fun to play a difficult FPS for the first time in a long time. Must play more tonight!

If you want to use your mouse, a higher resolution, and/or properly customize your controls, make sure you download a port.  ZDoom, Doom Legacy, jDoom, and gzDoom are all great ports. 

The latter two offer opengl for very much improved graphics, but I still prefer the classic feel of software rendering myself.

Thank you for this. I'm definitely going to have to check that out. As fun as the retro graphics are, they get old pretty fast :))

Dark Souls II Beta starting in like 7 minutes!!!!!!!!!! I got a code the other day so I'm waitinggggggggggggggggggggg.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 October 2013, 00:53:28 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #1624 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 05:36:34 »
Playing FTL right now, picked it up in the free stuff thread a few weeks ago thanks to Exothermic. Really enjoying it so far. Nice and challenging just the way I like it.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1625 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 08:59:19 »
I mean, if your gona play Doom... play it stock.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1626 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 10:25:03 »
Playing some Sanctum 2...pretty fun for a cheaper game. 4 player coop td fps...ftw!

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #1627 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 11:09:04 »

As someone who played Doom stock as a little kid when it first came out until the present, I can't stress enough how much a modern port adds to the game.

Offline muad

« Reply #1628 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 11:36:55 »
Crashfield 4

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1629 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 11:46:46 »

As someone who played Doom stock as a little kid when it first came out until the present, I can't stress enough how much a modern port adds to the game.

Yeah don't get me wrong they are great and I've played many of them my self... but there is something about playing stock Doom 1 and 2... just so good

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1630 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 13:01:27 »
Skyrim, Outlast, Half Life 2, Amnesia, Call Of Duty Black Ops

Offline ericnrmrf

« Reply #1631 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 14:37:32 »
Sudoku on my phone.  I'll occasionally break out the SNES emulator or MAME, but I try not to spend too much time on the PC outside of work.

this was the case with darksouls. Their servers went down and I was unable to play darksouls for about a week and had to be on the phone with customer support a few days... GFWL is a deal breaker

Offline ericnrmrf

« Reply #1632 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 14:40:47 »
Sudoku on my phone.  I'll occasionally break out the SNES emulator or MAME, but I try not to spend too much time on the PC outside of work.

this was the case with darksouls. Their servers went down and I was unable to play darksouls for about a week and had to be on the phone with customer support a few days... GFWL is a deal breaker

MISQUOTE

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #1633 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 16:09:33 »
call of duty

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1634 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 17:28:01 »

It was pretty glorious! Definitely was fun to play a difficult FPS for the first time in a long time. Must play more tonight!

Thank you for this. I'm definitely going to have to check that out. As fun as the retro graphics are, they get old pretty fast :))

Dark Souls II Beta starting in like 7 minutes!!!!!!!!!! I got a code the other day so I'm waitinggggggggggggggggggggg.

Awesome!!! I was part of ps3 beta I but refresh a week ago for 3 hours then they said US servers were having issues.. All that time wasted. Now it's rescheduled for next weekend I can't wait :)

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1635 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:55:42 »
Chivalry
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1636 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:59:51 »

Awesome!!! I was part of ps3 beta I but refresh a week ago for 3 hours then they said US servers were having issues.. All that time wasted. Now it's rescheduled for next weekend I can't wait :)

Yeah, dood... I sat there for 40 minutes trying to log in but eventually I was smart enough to go to my computer and turn on a streamer on my extended monitor so I can know if he can log in, while I surf the net while I wait... was so pissed they screwed it up.

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #1637 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 04:31:38 »
i was played skyrim total 2,000 hours over..  :-[ :-[
I have both PC and XBOX

I cant stop playing skyrim  :p
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #1638 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 05:05:53 »
I have both PC and XBOX

And I thought my 370 hours was a lot... Good Job :D
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1639 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:41:10 »

Yeah, dood... I sat there for 40 minutes trying to log in but eventually I was smart enough to go to my computer and turn on a streamer on my extended monitor so I can know if he can log in, while I surf the net while I wait... was so pissed they screwed it up.

Yeah forsure!! haha

I have both PC and XBOX

Awesome I love this game!!

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1640 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 22:46:56 »
No More Room In Hell
43147-0

http://www.nomoreroominhell.com/

(also Planetary Annihilation! Get at me!! I love it)
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1641 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 23:06:38 »
No More Room In Hell
(Attachment Link)

I've been playing this one quite a bit recently, it was already great but the latest update made it even better.

Offline jevvix

« Reply #1642 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 23:22:27 »
Playing Minecraft at the moment (FTB Unleashed pack) waiting for something new/good to come out.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1643 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 01:16:35 »
Age of Empires 2 (non-HD)

I'm amazed that graphics look so good on a 1600×1200 screen, although it was released in 1999, and support in Wine is almost flawless.

I just wish its developers/designers actually knew something about history, not just learned about it from books for little kids.

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #1644 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 01:38:27 »
ive been playing the typing of the dead. Loads of fun. Even if I do have to cheat.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #1645 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 01:45:43 »
No More Room In Hell
(Attachment Link)

(also Planetary Annihilation! Get at me!! I love it)
dont dead open inside.

thats how i read it the first time when they did the same thing in the walking dead comic book lol

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1646 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 02:23:39 »
Playing around with The Stanley Parable

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1647 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 07:13:40 »
Playing around with The Stanley Parable

I loved The Stanley Parable, although I have yet to get all the endings. I was going into it hoping for slightly more exploration and stuff, coming from Gone Home and wanting some more of that, but it was still a great experience.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1648 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:50:32 »
I'd gotten both BF4 and COD Ghosts quite recently, been playing BF4 quite a bit, much less on COD Ghosts because of its craptastic performance even on nicely spec'ed systems. Frame rate can be in the high 80's, then dip tremendously to teens for no apparent reason......guys at IW did a piss poor job of optimizing it for PC.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #1649 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:01:10 »
SC, WC3, SC2 yeap I am kind of rts fanboy
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.