Author Topic: I have Questions about TAOBAOFOCUS  (Read 5152 times)

Offline acidtrip69

I have Questions about TAOBAOFOCUS
« on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 20:11:14 »
Hello fellow geeks. I bought a few keys form taobao so i used TAOBAOFOCUS. My items have been in processing like for ever. :( If anyone has ever used them. What was the amount of time for you to get your items ? and were you happy with the quality of service they provided ? This may be stupid to say, but i wasn't really a fun of the Commission fee :( i know they need to make money and that how they keep going. Do i have to pay for shipping twice ? of if the item that i bought when i first payed for it covered the shipping cost to me ?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: I have Questions about TAOBAOFOCUS
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 20:16:38 »
Do i have to pay for shipping twice ? of if the item that i bought when i first payed for it covered the shipping cost to me ?

Of course you have to pay for all of the shipping. Why would they want to pay for it?

Apart from that, I have no first hand experience but a lot of other gh'ers have, and its pretty good unless you try to cancel your order or change it around

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 20:17:31 »

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 20:21:02 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50798.0

the problem he had with them was changing around his orders. at the end he says everything else was smooth and better than expected

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 20:24:15 »
Do i have to pay for shipping twice ? of if the item that i bought when i first payed for it covered the shipping cost to me ?

Of course you have to pay for all of the shipping. Why would they want to pay for it?

Apart from that, I have no first hand experience but a lot of other gh'ers have, and its pretty good unless you try to cancel your order or change it around
i haven't changed any. I left it as when i first ordered the items. I just haven't got any info with what they are doing with my items. I would like to be told of whats is going on a bit more. And i have paid for shipping all ready, but i think they charge for second time shipping :(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 20:25:17 »
Also, every taobao proxy I've used you pay shipping twice.

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 11:55:22 »
I actually had a pretty good experience with TaobaoFocus.

The first time I ordered, I made a first payment, but the product ended up not being in stock from the vendor. I used Bill Me Later via PayPal so it wasn't like I was out any money directly from my checking account. Once they informed me the product was not in stock, I requested a full refund and got all my money back within 2-3 days.

The second time I ordered, it went fairly smoothly. Order was submitted on 11/20, first payment made. Items arrived at their warehouse by 11/25 and they took photos of the products, which I was able to view. I made my second payment, then the items shipped with EMS tracking info by 11/26.

Obviously, your experience will vary since TaobaoFocus is dealing with a multitude of vendors who may or may not have the product in stock. But from my personal experience, I would not hesitate to use them as a proxy.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 13:24:16 »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuu !!!!!!!!!!!!!! my order has been in  processing  for days. I wounder what is taking them so long ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 15:38:37 »
What did you order?

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 16:24:51 »
What did you order?
I got a bunch of ptb dye subed keys.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 16:33:28 »
Perhaps the keys are out of stock?

Or maybe they are being produced.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 13:11:25 »
What is the normal rate they charge for shipping ? Cuz I just had to pay for the finial shipping and its seems high they rate they are charging for shipping. This is the last time I'm using them. Never ever again.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 13:15:12 »
What is the normal rate they charge for shipping ? Cuz I just had to pay for the finial shipping and its seems high they rate they are charging for shipping. This is the last time I'm using them. Never ever again.

Final shipping will depend on your location and how much the item(s) weigh. Did they give you a choice of shipping options? If not they likely used EMS which is expensive but fast.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 07:39:31 »
Pacifist, I updated my post, and probably misled you because I updated the text at the top. Sorry about that.

But I actually had a terrible experience. They repacked automatically, and did a horrible job:

I chose air mail and received my package after 14 days. Along the way, tracking did not update for even a single day. Note that this isn't Taobaofocus' fault; international tracking is often quite iffy.

I had ordered a keyboard and a bunch of components. The keyboard had what it came to Taobaofocus; one layer of big bubble wrap and one layer of small bubble wrap. The wrapping was haphazard and mostly irregularly crumped up, which I attribute to the Taobaofocus guys having to unwrap, take photos, and rewrap. I guess that's to be expected of a low margin business.

(I once complained about repackers on Qtan's vendor section also. They dirtied my keyboard, so a brand new white keyboard came to me with black smudges and black fingerprints.)
The components, though, were a total disaster. I don't generally like proxy shippers much, having changed different ones only to find more of the same. The employees are basically the equivalent of US aviation security guys or burger flippers in the US - the lowest denominator.

The Taobaofocus guys didn't actually repack anything. Instead of putting the components in a plastic bag or at least wrapping them in paper so that they stay in one place, they just chucked all the loose components randomly into the same box as the keyboard and taped it up. I had to hunt through the bubble wrap and the box for my components. One here, one there, one trapped in this fold, one underneath the keyboard, one hidden behind a cardboard box flap, and so on. This was extremely infuriating. They could have at least put all the components on the keyboard and wrapped them up all together, but they had to chuck everything in loose and haphazardly!

Eventually I discovered I was missing two components.

Since I'd over-ordered, missing two cheap components wasn't a big issue. And I don't feel like talking to the Taobaofocus guys again anyway. But the net result is, if you're happy with these guys, fine. But I ain't recommending.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50798.0

the problem he had with them was changing around his orders. at the end he says everything else was smooth and better than expected
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 07:40:51 »
acidtrip, as I said in my reply to Pacifist, they do a poor job repacking. stuff was lost. LOST.

but that said, I don't know any proxy shipper who has NOT had complaints about repacking. These have tended to be disasters in a large number of cases.

Hello fellow geeks. I bought a few keys form taobao so i used TAOBAOFOCUS. My items have been in processing like for ever. :( If anyone has ever used them. What was the amount of time for you to get your items ? and were you happy with the quality of service they provided ? This may be stupid to say, but i wasn't really a fun of the Commission fee :( i know they need to make money and that how they keep going. Do i have to pay for shipping twice ? of if the item that i bought when i first payed for it covered the shipping cost to me ?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 02:01:58 »
I got my keys WEEKS ago, I forgot about this thread my bad. Its took forever and how much you have to pay for the shipping and extra fees is not worth using proxies i think. If i could buy directly from ismto i would do that better. The box they came in were a little messed up but they were fine in side.