Author Topic: Can someone please help me with buying a 122-key keyboard?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline woubulbus

Can someone please help me with buying a 122-key keyboard?
« on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 11:30:04 »
(please excuse my complete ignorance)
Im no fanatic when it comes to keyboards, I just want a 122-key buckling spring keyboard in beige with so I went to the unicomp configurator and there was;
PC122 -3270
PC122 -5250
Terminal 122-3270
Terminal 122-5250
and I have no idea what any of these mean, so I was hoping someone could please tell me?
If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears. I cant thank you all enough.
Please forgive me for being a total moron.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Can someone please help me with buying a 122-key keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 12:18:12 »
It looks like the PC 5250 is the only one that they still make in beige. They say "white" in the listing but the actual colors are "pearl" and "pebble" in IBM parlance.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline woubulbus

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 13:14:58 »
thank you so much, man.

Offline woubulbus

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 13:47:41 »
real quick, do you know the difference between the 3270 and the 5250?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 16:42:02 »

do you know the difference between the 3270 and the 5250?

Where are you seeing that as a keyboard? Can you post a link?

The 3270 system was very early, and that original gear would be vintage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_3270_PC
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline woubulbus

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 19:49:41 »
https://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/KBDCFG
and on the configurator:
Pearl / Pearl > US > PC122 -3270 (or) PC122 -5250

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 20:40:44 »
Whoa!

I forget that an important component of Unicomp's business model is catering to really arcane and archaic systems that are still in use.