Author Topic: Are cats geeky items?  (Read 10141 times)

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
Are cats geeky items?
« on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 09:21:49 »
Have 5 cats. want to ask  :D
hi.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Are cats geeky items?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 13:01:53 »
Yeah. Only basement-dwellers get them because they can stay indoors and don't really need to be taken outside like dogs. That's why you see more pics of them on the internet. And when they do need to be taken out they're usually independent about it and are fine on their own.

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 13:05:55 »
Yeah. Only basement-dwellers get them because they can stay indoors and don't really need to be taken outside like dogs. That's why you see more pics of them on the internet. And when they do need to be taken out they're usually independent about it and are fine on their own.

I personally think the best kind for geeks is any kind of tabby.

hi.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 16:26:45 »
My mum had so many cats, she was litterally a crazy cat lady.

I ****ing hate her. I didnt hate the cats though, they seemed nice enough.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 20:37:12 »
I just can't stand the cat pee smell.. it's just all over...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 22:31:55 »
Any more than 2  is +1 crazy point per cat at up to 4, and then +2 crazy points per cat at 5 or more.

And people who have a lot of dogs are always far more crazy than people who have a lot of cats.

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 22:34:33 »
Any more than 2  is +1 crazy point per cat at up to 4, and then +2 crazy points per cat at 5 or more
What about the crazy cat lady from the simpsons? A gif for refrence-
hi.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 22:42:35 »
Any more than 2  is +1 crazy point per cat at up to 4, and then +2 crazy points per cat at 5 or more.

And people who have a lot of dogs are always far more crazy than people who have a lot of cats.

At the peak my **** mother had 12

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 23:40:11 »
Depends on the cat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 03:23:43 »

+20 crazy..

That's very high lvl crazy.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 03:27:13 »

+20 crazy..

That's very high lvl crazy.

Tell me about it

Offline atarione

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:41:40 »
I just have one cat.. my wife is a cancer survivor .. towards the beginning of her chemo treatments this ginger b*stard started sneaking into our home and jumping up on my wife while she was laying down watching tv ..because she was too sick to do much else..   Anyways the cat started hanging out more and more..  eventually he just moved in all together..   Fitz then became my cat, his old owners agreed to give him to my wife when they learned what was going on.

He is actually a very nice cat (except he has the cat PTSD or something and will sometimes bite you for no reason what so ever..happily as he been our cat longer the biting is more perfunctory now rarely drawing blood).   He doesn't scratch anything or chew cords and he adores my wife ... I'm pretty glad he is around.

I wouldn't however want to have more than 2 cats... 1 cat is actually kinda optimal.

Fitz the cat who decided we needed a cat:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:11:15 »
I just have one cat.. my wife is a cancer survivor .. towards the beginning of her chemo treatments this ginger b*stard started sneaking into our home and jumping up on my wife while she was laying down watching tv ..because she was too sick to do much else..   Anyways the cat started hanging out more and more..  eventually he just moved in all together..   Fitz then became my cat, his old owners agreed to give him to my wife when they learned what was going on.

He is actually a very nice cat (except he has the cat PTSD or something and will sometimes bite you for no reason what so ever..happily as he been our cat longer the biting is more perfunctory now rarely drawing blood).   He doesn't scratch anything or chew cords and he adores my wife ... I'm pretty glad he is around.

I wouldn't however want to have more than 2 cats... 1 cat is actually kinda optimal.

Fitz the cat who decided we needed a cat:

Cat ptsd... 

//remembers nam''..

Offline keykaiser

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:20:11 »

I personally think the best kind for geeks is any kind of tabby.
Show Image

Tabkey

Offline batfink

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 10:24:11 »
No!  Cats are the favourite of children and old ladies.

The ultimate in geekdom involves not having any emotional connection with animals. I think that's the kind of cold-heartedness we should aspire to!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 18:34:47 »
Cats are the utter antithesis of geeks.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 11:00:02 »
I think this :

Made geeks feel that cats are cool  :p

I have one cat, but it stays outside, at some point I have decided that the cat has nothing to lose indoors  :rolleyes:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 11:45:42 »
I think this :
Show Image

Made geeks feel that cats are cool  :p

I have one cat, but it stays outside, at some point I have decided that the cat has nothing to lose indoors  :rolleyes:
yeah that bond cat kicked it off.
hi.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 23:57:28 »
2 cats
1 dog (or 2 dogs 1 cat)
1 small rodent or bird
1 reptile or fish tank

I think that is the maximum allotment of pets before people start looking at you funny. Anyone care to assess my formula?

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 13:42:20 »
Yep.
Cat meows and complains when he's bored after I get pooped from playing with him. Solution is open the door to adventure and watch him pounce around the grass.

Best part is his litter box is spotless.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline Urbi

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 11:27:49 »
Don't think so. I don't like cats.

It's not that I don't think they are cute or something but they are *******s. :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 15:48:38 »

It's not that I don't think they are cute or something but they are *******s. :(

that's like saying all dogs are vicious

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 16:00:03 »

Would be better if they were viscous.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 16:32:30 »

Would be better if they were viscous.

Yea cuz then they don't just sit there and roll over when marauders come..

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 07:14:24 »
Have 0 cat but 3 dogs  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 04:22:36 »
Wrong thread for the old joke:

Do you like cats?

Yes.

Me too! Want to swap recipes?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 07:23:32 »
Have 5 cats. want to ask  :D

3 dogs and 1 cat. Sometimes my cat acts like dog  :))

Offline mousouchop

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 13:46:09 »
Having a cat? Maybe not... Taking your cat to your neighborhood coffee shop? Totally geeky, and something I do at least once a day.  :))

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 15:49:19 »
I work with cats.. does that count ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 00:54:07 »

What do people with cat allergies do if they want a cat..

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 01:13:59 »

What do people with cat allergies do if they want a cat..

Can't do anything man!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 01:58:15 »
There is a race of (hairy) cats that is supposed to be allergy-free. It was specially bred somehow, but it is very expensive to buy and the breeder neuters all cats so they can't be bred by anyone else. Some people claim to have been affected by it still, though.

The allergen is from the cat's skin and saliva. Hairless cats cause fewer problems because there are no hairs for the allergen to collect in, but again too much contact with the cat can still cause problems.

And seriously... I really feel sorry for hairless cats, and for cats that are too inbred.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 January 2017, 02:07:14 by Findecanor »

Offline mousouchop

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 10:16:25 »

I wish i worked with cats... all my coworkers are humans.  :(

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 11:39:24 »
Depends on the use. Schrödinger's application has become a geek cliche. And I don't even really play games, but love the cat fountain:

As far as the ones made of meat, I love cats. Don't have one at the moment because I live alone and am gone a lot, and it wouldn't be fair to the cat. But that will change at some point and I'll be re-catted.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 12:45:16 »
I just can't stand the cat pee smell..

It's human kryptonite.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 12:47:45 »
People GEEK OUT HARD on pets in general.

For example, my wyfe thinks the dog is her baby. She buys it clothes, 3872394 brands of fancy treats, gives it priority on couch over me, takes pics of it daily (despite it being the same pic over and over), and so on.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 13:45:06 »
People GEEK OUT HARD on pets in general.

For example, my wyfe thinks the dog is her baby. She buys it clothes, 3872394 brands of fancy treats, gives it priority on couch over me, takes pics of it daily (despite it being the same pic over and over), and so on.

///Accident......

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 06:46:32 »
The best definition of geeky I can think of is you could explain to somebody you've got a cat and they'd understand what you meant without further explanation. They wouldn't be like "You mean like a tiger or something?"

If you say you like videogames for instance and it isn't Call of Duty or a big brand a lot of people have lost you already. Hence, geeky.

Offline typo

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 22:18:31 »
We have 10 but live on a Farm. Not crazy people. They are very well taken care of. There are a couple hundred other animals here. Outside of course. The cats live indoors. I hate the Stigma. Sure 100 cats in a one bedroom apartment is a hoarder. You have to look at each situation individually. I also hate "Crazy cat lady". That is mean and some people with multiple cats are just fine. Some are not at all of course. It all depends if they take care of them. It does not automatically qualify a person as "crazy" though. Some people just love animals and are fully qualified to take care of them. That certainly does not mean everyone. In fact I would recommend most people do not have more than Two cats or dogs present.