Author Topic: Hard carrying case for 60% keyboard?  (Read 8904 times)

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
Hard carrying case for 60% keyboard?
« on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 09:53:52 »
I have a KBP V60 and I am looking for a carrying case for it. Currently I am using this gun bag http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OLU5HC. It's a little bit smaller and pressed down the top row a little bit when zipped. Ideally I want a hard case that has exactly fit for my V60, especially in height because I put it in a backpack and don't want to waste limited spaced in the backpack. Something like this https://www.keychatter.com/store/keyboard-carrying-cases/custom-6075tkl-hard-carrying-cases/ looks quite good, but this one of no longer produced and also quite expensive. Any suggestions?
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
Re: Hard carrying case for 60% keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 11:25:20 »
The HHKB soft carrying bag also looks nice, but its accessory bag makes it too thick. I wish the accessory bag isn't there.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 11:41:24 »
keychatter is a bit expensive but super high quality, and make from a standup guy.  You might be able to find a used one, and he also does sales every once in a while. good luck!
Hi :)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 12:09:36 »
keychatter is a bit expensive but super high quality, and make from a standup guy.  You might be able to find a used one, and he also does sales every once in a while. good luck!
I don't believe keychatter will producing them anymore, as intelli does not run the site anymore.

Who knows what livingspeedbump will do with it, though.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 12:11:05 »
I don't believe keychatter will producing them anymore, as intelli does not run the site anymore.

Who knows what livingspeedbump will do with it, though.

I sent intelli a PM during the transition and he hooked me up  :thumb:

Offline intelli78

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 12:20:04 »
Yep, I'm still making them, but mostly selling on Massdrop now that Andy is in charge of KeyChatter. The KeyChatter page will be taken down eventually. Just PM me and I'll set you up.  :thumb:
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 12:21:03 »
Yep, I'm still making them, but mostly selling on Massdrop now that Andy is in charge of KeyChatter. The KeyChatter page will be taken down eventually. Just PM me and I'll set you up.  :thumb:

oh what, I am out of the loop
Hi :)

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 12:22:41 »
Got one from Intelli and I love it! Definitely worth the money! I will most likely be picking up another in the near future.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 15:37:16 »
Good to know it's still in production. As I remember, the price is 65 dollars, right? Hmm... That's more than half of the price of my keyboard... Still hesitating.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline asagage

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 11:01:42 »
Those are some nice bags! 

I just launched a kickstarter for a custom sleeve case as well.

Check it out if you want.  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1566092551/dr-feels-tkl-sleeve-custom-sleeve-for-tenkeyless-k/

Now offering 60% and Planck size too.

--Asa

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 12:00:43 »
You've already hit on all the suggestions that I would make. I don't have an HHKB case, but I do have a KeyChatter one and I really like it. It's worth the investment IMHO.

Offline Data

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 19:30:28 »
Have you looked at Pelican cases?  :p

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 08:25:01 »

You laugh, but I looked at modding my Pelican 1510 for stacking 60% cases, but the layout just didn't work. My thought was that it would be good to take to KeyCon. :))

Offline Data

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 11:25:28 »

You laugh, but I looked at modding my Pelican 1510 for stacking 60% cases, but the layout just didn't work. My thought was that it would be good to take to KeyCon. :))

Not laughing.  I'm seriously considering a 1500 case for storing/transporting my Mira and other boards.  The dimensions are right, I'm thinking it will hold at least 2 TKLs or smaller.  A $100 hard case (arguably the best hard case money can buy) to protect one or more $500+ keyboards is not a bad investment.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 11:30:43 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:15:05 by alienman82 »

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 11:32:21 »
The part that drove me nuts was the pick-and-pluck foam. If you go down this road, I'd like to see what type of padding you use.

Offline Data

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 11:35:49 »
I've dealt with their pick&pluck before.  It's not ideal but with the relatively square sides of most keyboards it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 11:38:21 »
I've dealt with their pick&pluck before.  It's not ideal but with the relatively square sides of most keyboards it shouldn't be a problem.

For a single keyboard it should work just fine. I had thought I could put multiple 60% boards in mine, but the foam was too flexible to support them properly.

Offline Data

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 12:01:03 »

For a single keyboard it should work just fine. I had thought I could put multiple 60% boards in mine, but the foam was too flexible to support them properly.

I think I could make it work but I'll have to get the dimensions of more boards.  The biggest TKL I have is 14.5 x 5.5 x 2.  Three of those would fit comfortably in the 1500, but 2 is probably more reasonable for buffer space between them.  They'd have to sit "upright" in the case.

Offline Sharku

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 04:31:17 »
I have a KBP V60 and I am looking for a carrying case for it. Currently I am using this gun bag http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OLU5HC. It's a little bit smaller and pressed down the top row a little bit when zipped. Ideally I want a hard case that has exactly fit for my V60, especially in height because I put it in a backpack and don't want to waste limited spaced in the backpack. Something like this https://www.keychatter.com/store/keyboard-carrying-cases/custom-6075tkl-hard-carrying-cases/ looks quite good, but this one of no longer produced and also quite expensive. Any suggestions?

You can make one with a DVD case (http://multimedia.fnac.com/multimedia/ES/images_produits/ES/Zoom%20Produit%20technique/4/7/6/0085854016674.jpg).
This is my pok3r case:

Offline Data

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 18:39:07 »
Hah! That's pretty creative.