Author Topic: [IC] MW Hayastan ♱  (Read 31042 times)

Offline savageastr0naut

[IC] MW Hayastan ♱
« on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 18:48:24 »
MW HAYASTAN

♱ GB DATE: March 20, 2023 - April 24, 2023 ♱

A keycap set themed around one of the oldest countries & civilizations in history, the first Christian nation in the world - Armenia.

More
Armenia, the first country to accept Christianity as its state religion, in 301 AD. For the sake of Christianity, the Armenian people disposed of their previous belief/religion - Zoroastrianism. Thousands of years of records, culture, and history were burned and destroyed in the name of Christianity. Gregory the Illuminator converted the Armenian king, Tirdates the Great, to Christianity and spread the gospel message to Armenians. Nonetheless, the adoption of Christianity was a momentous chapter in Armenian history. In the 5th century AD, Mesrop Mashtots - a scholar and clergyman, reintroduced the Armenian alphabet that had been lost with the primary purpose of allowing the common people to read the Bible and other Christian text in their spoken language. Thereafter, the Armenian church gained influence over the culture, literature, and education of Armenia - with support of the state. The Armenian people embraced their conversion to Christianity and it became deeply rooted within themselves and Armenia. Unfortunately, this new religion put a target on the backs of Armenians.

In 1915, under the cover of WWI, the Ottoman Turks began to eradicate the Christian Armenian population that had coexisted with them for years - these heinous crimes later became known as the Armenian Genocide, the first genocide of the modern era. In the end, approximately 1.5 million Armenians were killed. In the years to follow, Armenia was subject to become a satellite state of the Soviet Union. However, Armenia decided to secede from the Soviet Union and declared its independence on September 23rd, 1991. To this day, Armenia fights for its right to live as a Christian nation in what is left of its historic lands. Land-locked between enemy countries who threaten the first Christian nation in the world, Armenia finds itself in a constant battle to protect the Armenian culture, history, and the Christian religion. Nonetheless, the Armenian people are proud of their culture and religion. Modern-day Yerevan, the capitol of Armenia, is a tech hub that is exponentially growing. Moreover, tourism has brought a myriad of people to Armenia, as well as corporations and companies. Throughout the years, one thing remains certain - the rich culture and history of Armenia will always be proudly defended by the Armenian people.

render by | Beesley/B-imaginative (Beesley#0001)

KIT RENDERS
renders by | Mars Universe (Jr.Mars#8685)

Hayk Nahabed | Հայկ Նահապետ – Latin Base Kit

More
In the Armenian Highlands, as early as the Stone Age, there were several tribes that inhabited the region - the direct ancestors of the Armenian people. The most prominent of these tribes were the Hayasa. These tribes of peoples lived thousands of years before they were united by prominent Armenian national hero of legend - Hayk Nahabed. The legend dates to the prehistoric epoch, when the first Armenians inhabited the land of Urartu - Mt. Ararat in modern terms, where it is said Noah's Ark landed after the great flood. Our hero Hayk, disgusted with the actions of the oppressive Bel of Babylon, gathered his people and ventured North. Bel, with his large army, pursued. It is said that Hayk engaged Bel in battle and killed him with an arrow - thus freeing the land and his people, thereafter to be known as the "Hay" people - in his honor.

Mesrop Mashtots | Մեսրոպ Մաշտոց – Armenian Base Kit

More
Mesrop Mashtots, the one who reintroduced the Armenian alphabet to the Armenian people after their conversion to Christianity - permitting ordinary people to read the Bible for the first time. His holy actions helped to further spread and entrench Christianity in Armenia. For his achievements, Mesrop Mashtots was made a saint of the Armenian Church.

Sayat-Nova | Սայաթ-Նովա – Novelty Kit

More
Sayat-Nova, born Harutyun Sayatyan, was a Georgia-born Armenian poet, musician, and bard. He made a considerable contribution to the Armenian poetry and music of his century. Little did he know that his legacy would sing to the melody of Armenian history throughout the years to come.

Tiridates the Great | Տրդատ Մեծ – Numpad Kit

More
In 301 BC, the ruling king of the Arascid Dynasty - Tirdates the Great, thanks to the efforts of Saint Gregory the Illuminator, declared Armenia as the first Christian nation in the world.

Artaxias I | Արտաշես – 40s Kit

More
Artaxias initially served the Selucid king - Antiochus III, who had put him in charge of northeastern Armenia. However, the Romans defeated Antiochus in the Syrian War (192-188 AD) and thereafter Artaxias proclaimed independence and ruled the kingdom of Armenia throughout the Artaxiad dynasty as king.

Charles Aznavour | Շահնուր Վաղինակ Ազնավուրեան – Command Kit

More
(The late Charles Aznavour left behind a) great legacy as a member of the global Armenian Diaspora and his influential impact on the 1915 Armenian Genocide. While his mournful songs of estrangement and suffering, and the existential search for love and happiness, resonated with millions of adoring fans, it was his tribute to his ‘fallen’ ancestors that will remain indelible.
- Alan Whitehorn

Raymond Vahan Damadian | Ռայմոնդ Վահան Տամատեան – Spacebar Kit

More
In 1969, Raymond Vahan Damadian proposed the first magnetic resonance body scanner, better known as the MRI machine. Magnetic resonance had been used to study chemicals, but Damadian thought that it could be used to distinguish tumors from normal body tissue. Several years later, he built the first MRI machine. Thereafter, in 1978, the MRI machine produced the first images/scans of cancer patients. Damadian's efforts paved the way for huge advancement in modern medicine.

Vartan Mamikonian | Վարդան Մամիկոնեան – International Kit

More
Vartan Mamikonian is regarded as the most prominent Armenian military leader in history. To the Armenian nation, he is a most beloved figure, regarded as sacred, and the ideal hero who typifies the national spirit of Armenia. Moreover, his actions on the battlefield in the Battle of Avarayr in 451 AD guaranteed religious freedom for Christian Armenians. Although he died in battle, he was named a saint of the church and a martyr for the Armenian nation and Christian religion.

BOARD RENDERS
renders by | Mars Universe (Jr.Mars#8685)

Atlas65 | Pearl Boards

ZEUS TKL | Pearl Boards

DESKMATS
designed by | Helen Pan

Երևան – Yerevan Deskmat

More
Yerevan, the capitol of modern day Armenia. The history of Yerevan dates back to the 8th century BC, approximately the year 782 BC, when the fortress of Erebuni, from which the modern name Yerevan is derived, was constructed by King Argishti I of Urartu in the Armenian Highlands. This dates the city of Yerevan to be 29 years older than the city of Rome. In more modern times, the city of Yerevan became the capital of the First Republic of Armenia in 1918. After the first World War, thousands of survivors of the Armenian Genocide that had fled the Ottoman Empire and surrounding areas settled in the city of Yerevan. It has been the capitol of Armenia since then and it serves as the seat of the Araratian Pontifical Diocese, the largest diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church and one of the oldest dioceses in the world.

գորգ – Armenian Rug Deskmat

More
Although the age-old tradition of Armenian carpet making dates back several thousand years, most Armenian carpets/rugs were utilized to adorn the floors and walls of Armenian churches after the conversion to Christianity. Greek, Iranian, Arabic, Bulgarian, and other sources comment with respect on the superior quality of Armenian carpets since pre-Christian times. However, the association of Armenians with the weaving of great carpets declined when the last Armenian kingdom of Cilicia fell to the Egyptian Mamluks in the 13th century. After the fall of the great kingdom of Cilicia, Armenians fled their homeland and settled in the lands of Iran, Crimea, Transylvania, Poland, etc. Not coincidentally, it was during this time that highly developed carpet weaving began in these, and other countries, as the Armenians carried their craft with them, and transferred it to the local populations of their host countries. During Soviet control, the ancient craft of Armenian carpet making suffered. After Armenia reclaimed its independence from the Soviet Union in 1991, a movement to revive the tradition of carpet making began. Although carpet making isn't as prominent in modern Armenia as it has historically been, it remains an integral part of the Armenian culture and history.

HIBI

COLORS
♱ Pantone 690 C | #612141
♱ Pantone 7708 C | #005670
♱ RAL 9001 | #e9e0d2

VENDORS

֍ NA - Mechs & Co.
֍ CA - AshKeebs
֍ UK - proto[Typist]
֍ EU - MYKEYBOARD
֍ Asia - zFrontier
֍ JP - Basekeys
֍ OCE - DailyClack

MW HAYASTAN SIGNATURE BANNER
Show your support for MW Hayastan with this banner for your signature!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=117631.0][img width=359 height=120]http://i.imgur.com/9zwI6CT.png][/img][/url]

THANK YOU
I would like to thank the following people for the support, help, and kindness they have shown me throughout this project: my dear mother & father; my amazing sister; my family; my friends; Jr.Mars from Mars Universe; Helen Pan; my supporters; my motherland - Armenia; my fellow Armenians, and most importantly God - thank you.

UPDATES

֍ 06.26.2022 - Interest Check Posted
֍ 06.29.2022 - Signature Banner Added
֍ 06.30.2022 - Deskmat Render Added
֍ 07.01.2022 - Vendors Section Added
֍ 09.22.2022 - Deskmat 2 Render Added
֍ 10.01.2022 - Kit Renders Updated, Vendors Updated
֍ 10.03.2022 - Kit Renders Updated
֍ 10.08.2022 - Vendors Updated
֍ 11.22.2022 - Vendors Updated
֍ 01.18.2023 - Vendors Updated
֍ 01.22.2023 - Vendors Updated
֍ 01.25.2023 - HIBI Keycaps Added
֍ 03.15.2023 - Vendors Updated
֍ 03.15.2023 - GB Date Announced

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 March 2023, 14:33:45 by savageastr0naut »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
Re: [IC] MW Hayastan - Հայաստան ♱
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 18:52:08 »
I just want the Scarab60

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline irithyll

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 19:04:03 »
I like the inspiration and the colors used for this set, but would it be possible to have a side-by-side comparison of the color used here (Pantone 690 C) and GMK Maroon (RAL 4004)? While the theme is different, the colors do seem quite similar at least for the base sets (although one is a Pantone and the other is a RAL). A side-by-side comparison would be nice in my opinion!

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 19:14:18 »
I love the colors and theme of the set but I'm not the biggest fan of the deskmat GLWIC  :thumb:

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 19:18:43 »
avs in 6

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 19:20:44 »
I love the colors and theme of the set but I'm not the biggest fan of the deskmat GLWIC  :thumb:
I'm glad to hear that you love the colors and theme of the set! As for the deskmat, there will be a second deskmat. Unfortunately, the design is incomplete right now, but I will post it as soon as possible. To hold everyone over, the deskmat design is an Armenian rug with MW Hayastan colors - similar in design to this:
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 June 2022, 14:18:50 by savageastr0naut »

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 19:38:07 »
Love the colors and can’t wait to see the rug design

Got pics of color standards in sun?

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 19:47:57 »
This set really comes together in the board renders.

My initial impressions of the colors didn't stand out, but I love the inspiration, and the armenian alphas are really cool. Again, the novelties didn't stand out to me on first inspection, but looking at them with the mono-alphas, they work very well together.

My only request is to please vertically center caps lock and shift keys. All your other mod keys are vertically centered (other than arrows, which is normal), and it would really make this render immediately crisp af.

I'm also excited to see the 2nd deskmat, sounds like a good inspiration for that design. Overall consider me very interested.  :D :thumb:

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 09:41:20 »
This set really comes together in the board renders.

My initial impressions of the colors didn't stand out, but I love the inspiration, and the armenian alphas are really cool. Again, the novelties didn't stand out to me on first inspection, but looking at them with the mono-alphas, they work very well together.

My only request is to please vertically center caps lock and shift keys. All your other mod keys are vertically centered (other than arrows, which is normal), and it would really make this render immediately crisp af.
Show Image

I'm also excited to see the 2nd deskmat, sounds like a good inspiration for that design. Overall consider me very interested.  :D :thumb:
Although I've stared at those renders for hours, it seems I've overlooked the vertical centering of the Caps Lock & Shift keys. Nonetheless, I appreciate you pointing that out and I will make note of it.

Thank You

Offline Leszy

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 10:26:55 »
Love the colors and inspiration behind the set. Makes me thirsty for freshly squeezed pomegranate juice.
I just wish I could buy standalone working set without normie roman alphas.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 20:04:44 »
Krrrr Rrrrkkrrr
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 22:21:16 »
standard mods are disturbing .... text only is the way .... hope you see the light before its too late.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline Slimey

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 23:31:30 »
standard mods are disturbing .... text only is the way .... hope you see the light before its too late.

Thats true, it does not look good.

Offline 傻子

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 03:08:30 »
The idea and the use of color is excellent,but not really sure about whether the texture of render color will work with MW‘s Dye(since its actually finished by both aqua and thermal)

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 03:18:33 »
The colour of pomegranates is one of my favourite films, so I'm VERY excited for those novelties. Esp grateful for the church design, assuming it's a reference to the shot in the film, I'm kinda giddy at the prospect of having one of the most beautiful shots of all time on a keycap. amazing set, pulling together two of my biggest interests <33

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 03:22:04 »
I do want to echo support for text only mods, though. I think the icons look a bit clunky and inelegant in contrast with the beautiful armenian alphas. Armenian mods could look great too!!

Offline Leszy

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 05:24:58 »
Armenian mods could look great too!!
Second that wholeheartedly

Offline Farhandsome

• Han Boards
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 09:46:37 »
I love it!

Only comment would be on the caps lock and shift modifier icons being not vertically centered. I think it would really make it uniform. I'm all in!

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 16:39:20 »
I love it!

Only comment would be on the caps lock and shift modifier icons being not vertically centered. I think it would really make it uniform. I'm all in!
I addressed this in an earlier reply, but that was an oversight on my end. I apologize for that. Nonetheless, rest assured that the production units will have vertically centered Shift and Caps Lock keys. When I have the renders updated, I will make sure to notify Jr. Mars about the vertical alignment of these keys.

Thank You 

I do want to echo support for text only mods, though. I think the icons look a bit clunky and inelegant in contrast with the beautiful armenian alphas. Armenian mods could look great too!!

The main reason I decided to use full icon mods was because I felt English text mods looked out of place with the Armenian legends. As this is an Armenian themed set, I feel the icon mods compliment the Armenian legends better than English text mods do. Nonetheless, if you have not already, then please consider filling out the Interest Check form. Although I will read through all the comments on this thread before making decisions on any changes, it's easier for me to utilize the Interest Check form.

For your convenience, I'll link the form here: https://forms.gle/KiwQc7iTSaMyHpSS8

Thank You

Armenian mods could look great too!!
Second that wholeheartedly
I would love to incorporate Armenian text mods, perhaps in place of the full icon mods. However, I have no idea what words I would use. There isn't exactly a direct translation for the words "Shift" or "Caps Lock" in Armenian, at least none that I am aware of. If you would like to provide some insight in that regard or have suggestions of specific Armenian words for each key, then please let me know!
___
I appreciate the kind comments on this thread, as well as on the Interest Check form. With that said, I will notify you all of a couple of things that I am considering, after reading everyone's comments:

♱ I plan on offering a full Armenian Base Kit, in place of the current Armenian Alphas Kit - so long as Milkyway counts it as a daughter kit without the same MOQ as the Base Kit.
♱ I will likely offer an International/NorDe kit. If I decide to offer these kits, then I will post renders.
♱ I will likely add a few more keys to the 40s kit for more 40s support, such as an R4 1u Enter key.
♱ As mentioned above, the Shift and Caps Lock keys will be vertically centered.
♱ As mentioned above, a 2nd deskmat is being designed. It will draw inspiration from an Armenian rug design, that I've posted in a comment above.

շնորհակալություն

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 18:06:34 »
I love it!

I addressed this in an earlier reply, but that was an oversight on my end. I apologize for that. Nonetheless, rest assured that the production units will have vertically centered Shift and Caps Lock keys. When I have the renders updated, I will make sure to notify Jr. Mars about the vertical alignment of these keys.

Thank You 

To be frank I couldn't tell if your earlier response was sarcastic or not, but I am very glad to hear that this change will take place, so I'll be filling out the IC form. Excited for this one!

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 22:08:02 »
hi i have some things to ask

are the alternate f and j in the base kit supposed to be flat? they don't look scooped from this image
More

the purse legend also looks like it's off

the legends on the «( and ») keys seem to be inverted; all of the armenian western keyboards i see have «» as the unshifted legends
same concern about scooped homing for armenian kit
can we also get alice Պ and a tab key for support on multiple boards with just base and alphas

please consider another vertical row in the novelties kit for full xt support and some 1.25u bottom row keys for moogle
the labeling on the 2.25u keys in the novelties kit doesn't seem right

if the numpad kit is cheap enough, hopefully r1 = can be added

the 40s kit has x box backspace but the backspaces in base are the regular arrows. they should be adjusted for consistency and also x box is better
the send/lower/raise stick out to me because they're the only text mods in the entire set
please add another 1.75u shift or lock key for dimple or van or etc

not fond of 3us being locked into accent colour

does mw have a good track record of reverse dyesub yet? i'm curious

I would love to incorporate Armenian text mods, perhaps in place of the full icon mods.

please i hate full icons

Krrrr Rrrrkkrrr
More

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 16:08:13 »
hi i have some things to ask
Hello, you bring up some good points - thank you. I'll address them below.

are the alternate f and j in the base kit supposed to be flat? they don't look scooped from this image
More
Show Image
They're supposed to be scooped. I'll confirm with Jr. Mars when I request changes to ensure that they are indeed scooped in the renders.

the legends on the «( and ») keys seem to be inverted; all of the armenian western keyboards i see have «» as the unshifted legends
same concern about scooped homing for armenian kit
This is a mistake on my end. The reference photos I used to for the Armenian Alphas Kit were mainly sublegend Armenian keycaps. Therefore, I misinterpreted the placement of those shifted/unshifted legends. Nonetheless, I will make note of it and the updated renders will correct that error. As for the scooped homing in the Armenian Alphas kit, same response as above.

can we also get alice Պ and a tab key for support on multiple boards with just base and alphas
Yes, I will add extra R4 "Պ" and "Բ" keys to the Armenian Alphas kit for Alice support. What's the reasoning behind an extra tab key?

please consider another vertical row in the novelties kit for full xt support and some 1.25u bottom row keys for moogle
the labeling on the 2.25u keys in the novelties kit doesn't seem right
I will have the 2.25u Mt. Ararat novelty enter keys corrected to display 2.25u instead of 1.5u. Furthermore, I am going to offer more novelty designs/keys in the novelty kit. Those will be announced when I post the new renders, after changes.

if the numpad kit is cheap enough, hopefully r1 = can be added
Yes, I will add an R1 "=" key to the numpad kit.

the 40s kit has x box backspace but the backspaces in base are the regular arrows. they should be adjusted for consistency and also x box is better
the send/lower/raise stick out to me because they're the only text mods in the entire set
please add another 1.75u shift or lock key for dimple or van or etc
I will consider all of these. The addition of the 1.75u Shift or Lock key will be added. Which Row would this be, R3?

not fond of 3us being locked into accent colour
This was a personal choice. I realize I cannot please everyone, but I will take this comment under consideration.

does mw have a good track record of reverse dyesub yet? i'm curious
The products they have delivered are good, aside from a spacebar issue with one of their sets - which was remedied quickly from what I heard. Nonetheless, they are experiencing delays, as most keycap manufacturers are nowadays, but again the quality of the keycaps seems to be good thus far.

I would love to incorporate Armenian text mods, perhaps in place of the full icon mods.

please i hate full icons
I am seriously considering this, at least in the Armenian Base Kit.
As it stands now, there are mixed feelings with the full icon mods - leaning towards more people like the icon mods.

My problem is as follows:

♱ There are 2 dialects of Armenian - Western and Eastern. Although a majority of the words are the same in both dialects, the spelling of them may vary based on which dialect is being utilized. For example, in Eastern Armenian the letter "Պ" (B) may be utilized in part of a word. Conversely, that same word in Western Armenian would utilize the letter "Բ" (P). That is why I have offered various Armenian letters in R1-R4 in the Armenian Alphas kit, to accommodate both dialects of Armenian.

♱ The second issue with full Armenian text mods is the choice of words for each mod key. As I mentioned before, the word Caps Lock doesn't exactly exist in Armenian. It would likely be "մէծ" which means big and "կողպեք" which means lock. Nonetheless, I am looking into the feasibility of utilizing other words, whether they be as close a match as possible to English mod texts (tab, Caps Lock, Shift, etc.) or a theme of Armenian words (biblical words, names of historic Armenian cities, names of influential Armenian people, etc.)
___
I appreciate the feedback, and moreover the fact that it was constructive.

EDIT 1: I mixed up the dialects, haha. Nonetheless, I've edited the post - "...Eastern Armenian the letter "Պ" (B)..." & "...Western Armenian would utilize the letter "Բ" (P)."
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2022, 16:11:52 by savageastr0naut »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 00:17:18 »
What's the reasoning behind an extra tab key?

you can buy base + alphas and be able to fill out two boards

The addition of the 1.75u Shift or Lock key will be added. Which Row would this be, R3?

r4

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 03:07:54 »
Solid set, nice inspo! The deskmat has that corporate shill artstyle going on, but great work with the novelties and stuff.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline LumiP

I'm definitely interested, can't wait to see the second deskmat!
More
Current Boards: Aaru TKL Old Dark Sand, Drop + Planck Purple, Mr Suit WKL Black w/Gold Chamfers, Sangeo60 Black, KBD67Lite White, D45 E-Grey, Wind X Pink, NCR 80 Beige, EVO70 Black, White; QK65 Dark Green, Av4 Claymore, TGR x Monokei Tomo Suave Blue, Heracles80 Holy White, Snake60 Rust, Array E-White, Capsule E-White, QK75 E-White

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 05 July 2022, 20:04:10 »
Solid set, nice inspo! The deskmat has that corporate shill artstyle going on, but great work with the novelties and stuff.
haha :D, that's hilarious. Now that you mention it, I can't unsee it, but I love it.
They do look like little characters you may find in a corporate animation or brochure.

I'm definitely interested, can't wait to see the second deskmat!
I'm excited for the second deskmat as well! Helen is putting in the work and hopefully it will be ready to unveil soon.
___
I don't want to quote everyone's comments, but I do want to express thanks for the kind words on this thread and via the Interest Check form. I'm glad you all like the set and it warms my heart to see that people like the Armenian characters/novelties.

With that said, if you have not yet, then please consider filling out the Interest Check form. Whether you have comments about the set or not, fill it out. Your feedback is more worthwhile than you may think. I'll post the link below for your convenience. https://forms.gle/KiwQc7iTSaMyHpSS8

Offline thejuicebox

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 04:03:26 »
vay vay vay count me in!! cant describe how happy it makes me to not only see a Hayastan set as an Armenian, but for it to look so damn beautiful as well. You've got me in for just about everything, pleaseeeeeeee run this MW

Offline clickpig

• naisu naisu naisu
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 09 July 2022, 10:34:06 »
Very nice, glwic!

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 11 July 2022, 10:03:09 »

♱ There are 2 dialects of Armenian - Western and Eastern. Although a majority of the words are the same in both dialects, the spelling of them may vary based on which dialect is being utilized. For example, in Eastern Armenian the letter "Պ" (B) may be utilized in part of a word. Conversely, that same word in Western Armenian would utilize the letter "Բ" (P). That is why I have offered various Armenian letters in R1-R4 in the Armenian Alphas kit, to accommodate both dialects of Armenian.

♱ The second issue with full Armenian text mods is the choice of words for each mod key. As I mentioned before, the word Caps Lock doesn't exactly exist in Armenian. It would likely be "մէծ" which means big and "կողպեք" which means lock. Nonetheless, I am looking into the feasibility of utilizing other words, whether they be as close a match as possible to English mod texts (tab, Caps Lock, Shift, etc.) or a theme of Armenian words (biblical words, names of historic Armenian cities, names of influential Armenian people, etc.)
___

EDIT 1: I mixed up the dialects, haha. Nonetheless, I've edited the post - "...Eastern Armenian the letter "Պ" (B)..." & "...Western Armenian would utilize the letter "Բ" (P)."

Are there any commercially available keyboards with Armenian legends?  Or do they mostly use stickers?

Personally, I wouldn't try tackling the challenge of translating all the mod keys without an example board to work from.  Typically what you I've seen is that international boards use icons for some of the modifier keys and English for the rest (similar to the GMK defaults).  The few exceptions I've seen where mods are actually translated have been some of the East Asian countries as well as a handful in Western Europe.  Even Russia has mostly stopped using Russian-language mods, though they were commonplace in the late Soviet era.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 18:15:29 »

___

Are there any commercially available keyboards with Armenian legends?  Or do they mostly use stickers?

Personally, I wouldn't try tackling the challenge of translating all the mod keys without an example board to work from.  Typically what you I've seen is that international boards use icons for some of the modifier keys and English for the rest (similar to the GMK defaults).  The few exceptions I've seen where mods are actually translated have been some of the East Asian countries as well as a handful in Western Europe.  Even Russia has mostly stopped using Russian-language mods, though they were commonplace in the late Soviet era.
From the research I've done, there doesn't seem to be readily available keyboards with Armenian legends. Although they exist, in scarcity, they are rather elusive and difficult to find. I've asked family in Armenia to send me photos of the keyboards they see around Yerevan - but all of them are essentially Latin legends with Russian sticker sublegends. It seems the Soviet influence was stronger than I thought it to be. ;D

Unfortunately, I've decided to abandon the translation of the English mod keys to Armenian. Sadly, it just doesn't make sense and there is no feasible way to do so.

As mentioned previously, I don't want to offer English text mods, mainly because I feel they will clash with the Armenian legends. However, a solution may be that when I offer two Base Kits, one English and one Armenian, that the English kit be offered with English text mods and the Armenian kit be offered with the icon mods. Although, this is currently undecided. If you would like this option, then please fill out the IC form and ask your friends to do so as well. If there is enough demand, then I can more confidently justify the change.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 22:07:31 »
BUMP

If you would like anything changed to the kitting/about this set, then fill out the IC form or comment now! I'm working on making the decisions for changes now and renders will be updated thereafter.

շնորհակալություն

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 22:48:23 »

The deskmat has a nice vibe/style, and it's cool to see another unusual character set.  Alas, I already have too many of both. 

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 22 September 2022, 23:38:56 »
The second deskmat design is finally complete. I am proud to present the Armenian Rug deskmat, to be offered alongside MW Hayastan via GB purchase.

Offline Faraday

• a toofpick changes everythang
Re: [IC] MW Hayastan (Հայաստան) ♱ DESKMAT #2 REVEALED
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 23 September 2022, 06:39:17 »
I love the new deskmat! Excited for this set.  :thumb:

Also, love full icon mods. It just looks better that way.

Offline Nishi-

Re: [IC] MW Hayastan (Հայաստան) ♱ DESKMAT #2 REVEALED
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 25 September 2022, 12:33:25 »
Love the colors, novelties, and the 2nd deskmat. Good luck with IC!
[/url]

Offline savageastr0naut

Re: [IC] MW Hayastan (Հայաստան) ♱ KITTING RENDERS UPDATED
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 01 October 2022, 12:43:27 »
The kitting has been updated and the renders now reflect the update. Note, the "Enter" and "L. Shift" keys in the Novelty Kit should be 2.25u and not 2.00u. Nonetheless, the renders are being updated, but I didn't want to delay the announcement for a rather trivial reason.

In other news, MW Hayastan is officially looking for vendor partners. As I'm a co-owner of Mechs & Co. we will be the NA vendor. Furthermore, most, if not all, MW sets are run by KanataKeys for the CA region. I'll be contacting vendors who may be interested in running this set in their respected regions, but if you are a vendor and would like to run MW Hayastan, then send me a message.

Lastly, I've received the color samples for this set from MW. Truthfully, I'm surprised by how accurate the color samples are in this 1st round. Currently, I'm taking photos and the samples may be subject to internal spectrophotometer measuring. Nonetheless, there is a high chance that these color samples will be approved. If so, then I may request a full Armenian Base Kit sample next.

I've said this in regards to my previous set, GMK Aegyptus, and I'm going to say it again - monitors do not accurately reflect colors of photos. Please, look at official PANTONE® and RAL guides for the most accurate visual of the color samples. I will do everything on my end to ensure the colors are as accurate as they can be.

If you would like to purchase a guide, then as an official partner, Mechs & Co. offers PANTONE® products on our site: https://mechsandco.com/collections/pantone-products
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 October 2022, 16:07:42 by savageastr0naut »

Offline makikatze

• The Real Cat™
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 04:42:36 »
Wow, with the international kit, I will definitely buy it once it enters GB phase!  :thumb:

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 19:10:55 »
so why does the intl kit have three of the same 2 key

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 20:11:39 »
so why does the intl kit have three of the same 2 key
It looks like there was a miscommunication/misunderstanding with the renderer. I've removed the International Kit render, for now. Once the errors are fixed, I'll upload the fixed render.

Offline savageastr0naut

I've added the corrected International Kit render to the main post. All kitting has been updated and the 2nd deskmat design was announced recently. Please, provide feedback via the Interest Check form or feel free to comment on this thread.

As mentioned previously, I'm working on securing vendors for the set. Furthermore, I'm working on designing/organizing collaborations. This time around, I want to limit collaborations. I'm currently in talks with a couple of reputable artisan makers, one metal and one resin. Once things are solidified, and designs are finalized, I'll announce them.

Interest Check Form: https://forms.gle/KiwQc7iTSaMyHpSS8

Offline savageastr0naut

I'm happy to announce that MW Hayastan will be sold in Japan via BaseKeys.
https://basekeys.jp/

Offline MMJ1999

Offline GSPADE

• THOK® thok.design
    • THOK®
These colours work really nice together. Very tasteful and unique too

Offline savageastr0naut

I'm happy to announce that MW Hayastan will be sold in Asia via ZFrontier.
https://en.zfrontier.com/

Offline savageastr0naut

Deskmat samples have arrived, see below:

They're both in the "rough" surface finish and the prototypes look great.

I'm finalizing the metal artisan designs, hoping to share those soon.

Please, fill out and share the Interest Check form: https://forms.gle/KiwQc7iTSaMyHpSS8
I can't stress how important & helpful it is.

MW Hayastan will likely go into GB early Q1 2023. Tell your friends and family.

շնորհակալություն

Offline granola bar enthusiast

as a turk this angers me

Offline ggggggg

• schmeiß die forties durch den club
as a turk this angers me

I hope that's a poor attempt at an edgy joke.

Offline makikatze

• The Real Cat™

That sounds great! Already told them, probably have to buy two sets for myself to have a spare one for "late birds" (most of my friends cannot decide during GB).

Offline savageastr0naut

I'm happy to announce that MW Hayastan will be sold in Oceania via DailyClack.
https://dailyclack.com/

Offline AAAAA.

Deskmat samples have arrived, see below:
Show Image

They're both in the "rough" surface finish and the prototypes look great.

I'm finalizing the metal artisan designs, hoping to share those soon.

Please, fill out and share the Interest Check form: https://forms.gle/KiwQc7iTSaMyHpSS8
I can't stress how important & helpful it is.

շնորհակալություն
Great color, love it!

Offline savageastr0naut

I'm happy to announce that MW Hayastan will be sold in the UK via Proto[Typist].
https://prototypist.net/

Offline savageastr0naut

I'm happy to announce that MW Hayastan will be offering HIBI keycaps, to be sold across all vendors.
https://hibi.mx/
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2023, 15:56:12 by savageastr0naut »

Offline savageastr0naut

Re: [IC] MW Hayastan ♱
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 11 February 2023, 17:44:11 »
I'm happy to announce that a HIBI tray will be sold alongside the MW Hayastan GB.

Offline digitalnothing

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 14 February 2023, 11:57:44 »
Great colors, but I wish the Latin base had icon mods.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 18:06:05 »
Great colors, but I wish the Latin base had icon mods.
Originally, the mods were all icon mods, but based on feedback, I changed them to text mods. I too would have liked them to be icon mods, but I've decided to move forward with what the majority want. Nonetheless, I'm glad you like the colors and I hope you'll support the set during Group Buy.

I'm waiting on the lead vendor (Mechs & Co.) to get quotes from Milkyway Keycaps and then establish pricing. Thereafter, a Group Buy date will be announced.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 15 March 2023, 23:17:39 »
I'm happy to announce that MW Hayastan will be sold in the EU via MyKeyboard.
https://mykeyboard.eu/

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 12:02:49 »
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that the Group Buy for MW Hayastan is going LIVE this Monday March 20th across all vendors! The buy will be open for over a month, but don't hesitate to place your orders.

Furthermore, I want to thank everyone who helped bring this project forward to this point. This specific project means a lot to me and as an Armenian I'm proud to be able to offer a product that portrays the Armenian identity and history of my people.

Those who know me may be aware of the fact that I'm a history nerd. I think history is interesting and that our past can teach us about what was and how we can shape what is yet to come. Therefore, I'll be sharing pieces of information and Armenian history for the next month via the GB thread and my socials.

հաջողություն (wishing you success) ♱

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 12:04:17 »
Great Job savage! Good luck with your GB.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 18 March 2023, 15:19:41 »
Great Job savage! Good luck with your GB.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. :cool:

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 18 March 2023, 16:27:56 »
I'm happy to announce that Meika from Latrialum is working in collaboration with MW Hayastan to offer a special artisan keycap. Follow the Latrialum Instagram and consider joining the Latrialum Discord to find out how to join the artisan keycap sale.

https://www.instagram.com/latrialum/
https://discord.gg/latrialum

Offline m2u-84

• Be excellent to each other and – party on, dudes!
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 13:19:48 »
Hi! Cool set and I was already about to join the GB over at MyKeyboard EU, when I noticed something strange: In the rendering for the International Kit the row containing ÖÄØÆ etc. is declared as R4. It should be R3 instead, so now I’m not sure whether the row label was just misplaced or if it is really going to be produced as it is visualized there. Could you please clarify? Thanks and good look with the GB!

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 14:25:07 »
Hi! Cool set and I was already about to join the GB over at MyKeyboard EU, when I noticed something strange: In the rendering for the International Kit the row containing ÖÄØÆ etc. is declared as R4. It should be R3 instead, so now I’m not sure whether the row label was just misplaced or if it is really going to be produced as it is visualized there. Could you please clarify? Thanks and good look with the GB!
I'm glad you think the set is cool. ;D

You are correct, that row should be R3. It looks like the renderer made that mistake, and I didn't notice it either, but it will be manufactured in the correct profile (R3). Thanks for catching that and pointing it out, I appreciate it and I'm sorry for any confusion.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 15:32:30 »
Hello everyone,

MW Hayastan is LIVE today! Most vendors already have their product pages up and the rest should have theirs up soon.

I'm waiting on moderator approval for the GB thread, so we'll utilize the IC thread for now. If you have any questions or if I can help with anything, then post here, message me, reach out via Discord, or send me an Instagram DM. I'll post my contact information below.

You can purchase MW Hayastan via your local vendor.

North AmericaMechs & Co.
CanadaAshKeebs
United Kingdomproto[Typist]
EuropeMYKEYBOARD
AsiazFrontier
JapanBasekeys
OceaniaDailyClack

Socials
Discord: savageastr0naut | Mechs & Co#1230
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/savageastr0naut/

շնորհակալություն (Thank You)
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 March 2023, 21:17:37 by savageastr0naut »

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 21:48:11 »
The Group Buy thread was approved! https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=119833.0

I'm going to post about certain events in Armenian history and the Armenian culture on the GB thread. Even if you don't purchase MW Hayastan, consider checking out the GB thread for some interesting pieces of information. As I've said before, our past teaches us and shapes our future. Let's not make the same mistakes we've made in the past so that we can all share the brightest future possible.

I want to thank everyone who filled out the Interest Check form and commented on this thread. Your comments helped mold MW Hayastan into what it is today. Please consider supporting MW Hayastan so we can hit MOQ and get this set made.

շնորհակալություն (Thank You)

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 15:21:22 »
With the Group Buy thread now up, I've decided to lock this thread. Please, bring your comments to the Group Buy thread or send me a message.

հաջողություն (wishing you success) ♱