Author Topic: [IC] HADapter kit Round II  (Read 5836 times)

Offline wodan

[IC] HADapter kit Round II
« on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 11:39:12 »
Hi pals!

My GMK HADapter GB is over, selling some leftovers soon:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82845.0

It's time to start planning the next round. I am not in a hurry here and I would like to give everyone a chance to leave his comment. I'm not a big GH lurker so the main IC thread will be on DT:
https://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/hadapter-kit-round-ii-t14441.html

You can leave your comments here as well but it might take a little longer to me to respond and this thread might be missing some crucial developments in  the GB planning.

Hope that's okay!

Offline asgeirtj

Re: [IC] HADapter kit Round II
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 11:47:40 »
R4 1,5x alt and ctrl would be nice
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline wodan

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 01:18:43 »
Just a little reminder, the next round of the HADapter kit is roughly scheduled to run in Dec/Jan this/next year. Please head over to the DT IC thread to vote for your favourite target layout! Please comment here or on DT if you want your opinion to count. Unlike other GBs, the kits for this GB will be final by the time I start taking orders so don't complain in the GB thread about the design of the kits if you haven't voiced your opinion in the IC thread before ;)

Offline cmd

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 08:00:57 »
I would love it.

1u ctrl, alt gr, windows (or diamond) would be a nice addition as well...

Majority of the beige sets have left them out  :thumb:

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 12:43:55 »
I would love it.

1u diamond will be available as one of the kits (along with 1.25 and 1.5u diamonds. You can go over to the DT thread for the current planned kit list.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline cmd

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 12:47:04 »
I would love it.

1u diamond will be available as one of the kits (along with 1.25 and 1.5u diamonds. You can go over to the DT thread for the current planned kit list.

Yeah I will go check it out. I assume if there is 1u diamonds for the planck version there will be a 1u ctrl/alt?

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 12:55:30 »
I would love it.

Yeah I will go check it out. I assume if there is 1u diamonds for the planck version there will be a 1u ctrl/alt?

Nope no plans for that at the moment, you should've gotten in on the Classic Retro GB a while ago, they had the 1800 kit with the keys you want in there.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline cmd

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 12:59:56 »
I would love it.

Nope no plans for that at the moment, you should've gotten in on the Classic Retro GB a while ago, they had the 1800 kit with the keys you want in there.
Yeah I know :(

Hopefully I will get a CMYK extra! Well see about HAD.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline wodan

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 13:30:54 »
Thanks Duy for keeping the folks updated here :)

The poll I am running over at DT currently clearly shows WhiteFox and Pok3r support in the lead. The HADapter kit will probably be a very slim Pok3r adapter kit this time (Pn, Fn) while the HADditionals would be a WhiteFox Adapter kit with R3/4 PGUp/Dn and 1.75u shift and so on. Not sure if it makes sense to put the big diamond set in there as well or put them into an extra kit. Diamond mods of all kinds would be pretty awesome I believe. They just look precious in classic beige.

Oh yean and space bars will probably be offered individually this time. Maybe even 6u. Not sure, depends on the price. 7u is very unlikely. They should be available plentysome from all the original HAD kits.

And remember ... I'm having a very very very very hard time putting caps that are part of a HAD kit into the GB.

Offline R4WBIT

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 08:41:47 »
Are you considering HHKB adapter kit in cherry beige? Or should I try to find the first edition for that kit?

Offline wodan

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 09:07:42 »
Are you considering HHKB adapter kit in cherry beige? Or should I try to find the first edition for that kit?

Depends on which keys you are actually missing. First round had the split right shift caps in the HADapter kit as well as an ANSI enter and an ANSI left shift. If you already have an ANSI set, you can ignore the last two keys and only need the split-right-shift caps. They are available from other sources as well like G80-1800 with HAD keycaps.

The final touch comes from the HADditionals kit with the Control replacement for CapsLock and the 1.5u backspace. They will be available in the next round in limited quantities as leftovers. The diamond keycaps from the HADditionals are useless for a true HHKB layout though since they're 1.25u. The true target board for the HADditionals was the IC60

Hope that helps :)

Offline cmd

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 09:36:05 »
Voted on DT  :thumb:

Offline wodan

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 01:45:40 »
*baaang*

Just to give a little update here. This is still going to happen and I am still working on the kit design. Please vote in the DT thread (sorry, wanted to have one central poll)

Estimated timeline is GB in Feb 2017 and delivers in early summer 2017.

Current course is a slim HADapter kit with Pok3r bottom row, an Add-On kit with some compatibility caps for the  WhiteFox/TrueFox and probably a Diamonds kit with tons of diamond-shaped modifiers (1u, 1.25u, 1.5u, RowA, RowB)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 21:08:07 »
Diamonds would be a great add on. Have you ever considered to add some space bars? Maybe sets that include special sizes like 6u, 4u, 2.75u and 2.25u for split space bars.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 00:02:04 »
Image of suggested planck layout not loaded on DT  :(

Offline LDobler

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 19:06:32 »
Did R2 already happen?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 22:41:46 »
Did R2 already happen?

No, it does not happen yet.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:25:24 »

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 04:38:41 »
Count me in. Thanks.

Offline mastercheif116

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 08:55:22 »
I read through the DT thread and didn't see the final set renders. Are they not up yet or am I bad at reading?

also, @wodan, feel free to ignore my PM this morning, I hadn't found this thread yet
Searching for the OG shine