Author Topic: Where on earth is TheProfosist  (Read 10608 times)

Offline Viz

Where on earth is TheProfosist
« on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 16:07:04 »
Disclaimer: I am in no way trying to start a ****storm, prof is a good guy.

What happened?: I ordered a dt225 + aramidth  ball from the prof. He recieved the money on the 26th of january 2013.
After that, communication kinda died off because the only thing left was to ship the items. On the 24th february 2013 I recieved a message saying that it would be sent on monday/tues.
This is when communication really died off, I tried mail, pm's, IRC, his thread, random threads he posted in etc. But I got no reply.
On the 13th of march 2013 i got a reply explaining that the shipping didn't leave the post office due to them screwing things up.
Thus I assumed that he was going to resend the package and waited, the package should've been here by now, atleast my other packages arrived in a timespan like that.

What am I asking for?:
prof's a good guy, I trust him, and he has a very good feedback on heatware. I am not calling him a thief, because he isn't.
However, I am wondering as to what is going on, especially when I see him post n geekhack and do business with other people and not reply to me. I know that he's busy with school and all that, and that's fine. But again, I see him doing business and posting, whilst I get no answer.
I wonder what that is going on, and I do not want to make a post like this, but putting a little pressure on him sadly sees to be the only option.
Or if it's perhaps worse; maybe he has disappeared/does not reply due to personal problems. I hope he's fine, but i'm way to impatient to wait any longer.

Anyways, I'm sorry for making a thread like this, and I am in no wy calling him a thief. I'm just wondering what's going on.
Perhaps some of you fellow geekhackers know him IRL and could ask him for me?

Sorry.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: Where on earth is TheProfosist
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 16:35:03 »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 16:37:36 »
He just likes to go MIA without saying much for months at a time, not the first time it has happened. With that being said i think he's back on the forum since these last few days.

He _should_ be replying now in a timely manner
Keyboardless

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 16:59:53 »
/in before the inevitable snarky "Not living my life on GH"

Offline Viz

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 17:10:43 »
Thanks for the reply, tsangan. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

And to the other guys; This isen't about "living your life on geekhack" or not, it's about not taking months to reply on messages.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 17:12:08 »
Thanks for the reply, tsangan. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

And to the other guys; This isen't about "living your life on geekhack" or not, it's about not taking months to reply on messages.

The point is that's been his response to any reasonable question of his whereabouts while keeping 3(?) assembly group buys held up in his absence.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 17:16:08 »
I thought he was a younger person.. which means his mom could've taken away his internet privileges and grounded him or stuffed him into a bus to you know "camp"

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 17:17:26 »
I thought he was a younger person.. which means his mom could've taken away his internet privileges and grounded him or stuffed him into a bus to you know "camp"

Don't those usually happen in the summer to not interfere with the schoolin'?

Or do you mean *that* camp where they try to cure you of something that isn't a sickness?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 17:18:33 »

Don't those usually happen in the summer to not interfere with the schoolin'?

Or do you mean *that* camp where they try to cure you of something that isn't a sickness?

well it's almost that time... he might've went to camp early

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 17:36:17 »

8) YOLOOGH

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 13:30:06 »
He'll most likely come through, but when that is is anyone's guess. You're not the only one he doesn't reply to. I'm trying to collaborate with him on the Phantom GB, but the lack of communication is not working. He still owes me a couple hundred $ as well and hasn't replied to PMs.

Offline Viz

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 14:22:09 »
He'll most likely come through, but when that is is anyone's guess. You're not the only one he doesn't reply to. I'm trying to collaborate with him on the Phantom GB, but the lack of communication is not working. He still owes me a couple hundred $ as well and hasn't replied to PMs.

Well ouch, that's sad.
Anyways, I hope it arrives soon since i'm experiencing serious pain from using my current trackball  :'(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 15:52:13 »

Hay WFD... I know you're super busy...

Could I buy those springs from you though? you haven't responded to my PMs..  :'(

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 21:22:36 »

8) YOLOOGH
SWAG
some where (that) ain't geekhack
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 02:27:38 »

Could I buy those springs from you though? you haven't responded to my PMs..  :'(

I didn't respond to your PM, because I already responded to your thread :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 03:41:21 »

I didn't respond to your PM, because I already responded to your thread :)

:'(

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
TheProfosist = SCAMMER!!
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 20:35:43 »
Really wish I would have read this before I sent $90 to TheProfosist. I sent him Paypal on 4/15/2013 for a Topre Keycap set, he never shipped it or had the decency to refund my money.

I actually found this post from Ripster's Reddit.

I've spoken with a few board members and they also have had issues dealing with TheProfosist. I know the rules state that the Mod's aren't responsible for transactions on here and that's understandable, but there has to be some type of punishment/ban when a number of Geekhack members are getting scammed or having negative dealings with TheProfosist.

I just got scammed out of $90. Hopefully I've helped someone else here in the community before buying or dealing with TheProfosist.

I guess I'll be selling my Realforce that I just bought from the Classifieds since I can't afford to dish out another $100 for keycaps.

Lesson learned, no matter the number of posts by a user's name or their Heatware rating, you can still get scammed on Geekhack.org!
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 April 2013, 20:51:07 by digi »

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
Re: TheProfosist = SCAMMER!!
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 20:37:26 »
Really wish I would have read this before I sent $90 to TheProfosist. I sent him Paypal on 4/15/2013 for a Topre Keycap set, he never shipped it or had the decency to refund my money.

I've spoken with a few board members and they also have had issues dealing with TheProfosist. I know the rules state that the Mod's aren't responsible for transactions on here and that's understandable, but there has to be some type of punishment/ban when a number of Geekhack members are getting scammed or having negative dealings with the TheProfosist.

I just got scammed out of $90. Hopefully I've helped someone else here in the community before buying or dealing with TheProfosist.

I guess I'll be selling my Realforce that I just bought from the Classifieds since I can't afford to dish out another $100 for keycaps.

Lesson learned, no matter the number of posts by a user's name or their Heatware rating, you can still get scammed on Geekhack.org!

If you sent the payment via Paypal, you can dispute the transaction to get your money back (if that's what you want).

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 20:38:28 »
I'm filing a dispute, thanks.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 April 2013, 20:49:45 by digi »

Offline bavman

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 21:00:19 »

You can get scammed anywhere, not just here.

That being said, I don't think prof is the kind of person to take your money and run off. Give him some time or just trying getting in touch with him again. You have 45 days to file a dispute on paypal if it comes to that.
This wouldn't be the first time he was gone for several days without anyone being able to contact him.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 April 2013, 21:05:11 by bavman »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 21:02:53 »

Correct, but it's how the community deals with the individuals that separates it from the rest.

If someone can get banned for thread-crapping, I really hope they can also get banned for scamming.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 21:54:43 »

That being said, I don't think prof is the kind of person to take your money and run off. Give him some time or just trying getting in touch with him again. You have 45 days to file a dispute on paypal if it comes to that.
This wouldn't be the first time he was gone for several days without anyone being able to contact him.

Unfortunately that isn't the case. He's responded, they're just nonsense PM's, nothing about shipping confirmation or when he'll be able to ship.

BTW he's been active and posting this entire week, he's just ignoring me, plain and simple.

If I pay you for something, I expect you to ship and notify me in a timely fashion. If you can't meet these needs, don't offer merchandise for sale. I've done thousand of Internet transactions I think I can identify when there is an issue with with a seller. The member who started this thread and another veteran member have also had issues with him.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 April 2013, 22:00:45 by digi »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 02:06:23 »
I have replied with a long pm to tsangan about digi I hope this is all now resolved

As for Viz I do have a second trackball as you know and will send that one out next week as I havnt a clue what has happened to the first one as I shipped via international first class and it only has tracking until it leaves the US. All I ask is that if the first one some how makes it to you as well don you think you could send it back to me? Also please send me a email at "myuser"@gmail.com with your mailing address once again so I can make sure that the one I have is 100% right. Im sorry that this has become what is has I always seem to have an issue with first class international so I may just stop using it form here on out.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 02:58:55 »

Five days. Whining like a bee'yatch. Get a life.

Offline Rendom

Re: TheProfosist = SCAMMER!!
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 05:11:24 »

I've spoken with a few board members and they also have had issues dealing with TheProfosist. I know the rules state that the Mod's aren't responsible for transactions on here and that's understandable, but there has to be some type of punishment/ban when a number of Geekhack members are getting scammed or having negative dealings with TheProfosist.

4/15/2013

What the..
QFR - MX Blue

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Re: Where on earth is TheProfosist
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 05:45:22 »

Five days. Whining like a bee'yatch. Get a life.

thinking the same thing.....at least wait 2 weeks before you start taking a dump on someone's reputation.

6/22/2013 Edit: **** that, Get the Pitchforks out
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 June 2013, 17:31:33 by Glod »

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 07:21:12 »
Yeah, was about to say.  If you just paid on Monday, you're just making yourself look dumb trashing someone publicly. I've had my issues with Prof... It was 4 months, not 1 week, and a lot more money. And I still didn't go trash the guy in a thread. He eventually came through in my case. That said, I don't make habits of dealing with people that disappear for periods of time... but make sure you're not jumping the gun a bit.  TheProf may be a lot of things, but he's not been a scammer as of yet.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 08:54:09 »
Yeah, was about to say.  If you just paid on Monday, you're just making yourself look dumb trashing someone publicly. I've had my issues with Prof... It was 4 months, not 1 week, and a lot more money. And I still didn't go trash the guy in a thread. He eventually came through in my case. That said, I don't make habits of dealing with people that disappear for periods of time... but make sure you're not jumping the gun a bit.  TheProf may be a lot of things, but he's not been a scammer as of yet.

If I send someone money, and they're active on the board posting daily and ignoring my pm's when I'm simply just asking for a shipping date or when I might expect what I paid for? Sorry for asking a seller to act like a professional and provide communication to the people he or she has taken money from. And 5 days isn't ridiculous when he's posting daily and ignoring me.

Sounds like a lot more of you are having issues with him also, not my problem, I hope you get what you paid for.

He's had your money for four months and you're also are having issues with him? I sure made myself look dumb.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 12:01:51 »
To be clear, I think your criticism is valid and fair, I'm just saying that less than a week is not a lot of time to jump on him publicly. That's said, ignoring PMs and such is certainly uncalled for for any member here. Unfortunatly it happens. :-(

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 12:27:42 »
You publicly slandered him after only waiting a few days? I agree that is communication sucks and he needs to be more responsible with a lot of things on this board, but to already conclude that he scammed you after being impatient for a few days is a bit much.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 15:45:11 »
Just so you all know I have refunded his money as of last night because he already had a claim up and had turned it into a dispute by then. Due to that and how all of the rest of the transaction went I thought it was in my best interest to just cancel the transaction.

I have found a new buyer for the caps and my HHKB carrying bag. Those will be shipping out the next business day after i receive payment. I personally after this transaction would not recommended doing business with him. If you would like to know more send me a pm or email about it.

Also at one point he did mention getting his money back and buying from Elite Keyboards which I think hell probably be sorely disappointed in as well as I have paid for expeditied shipping through them in the past and on multiple occasions the item I bought hadnt been shipped yet for nearly a whole business week.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 15:54:59 »
Both sides has their argument, if you look at digi's point of view he just made payment to a member on this board then a few days later sees a thread in regards to this member not sending out items after 3 months, then also sees WFD saying that Prof owes him hundreds of dollars as well as lacking communication. I think it's perfectly normal for digi to act the way he did as no one likes to be scam, if Prof was answering his PM's maybe it would have been a tad different but the ignoring of the PM's would lead one to think its the same thing is happening to him just like it is to Viz and WFD

With that said, it's very easy for a person on the outside or someone that has waited many months to say it was over reaction but I think it was totally justify. On the plus side Prof is aware of the thread and is taking care of it, so lets all just move on and stop criticizing each other.
Keyboardless

Offline brialona

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 16:02:57 »
I can agree with digi. 5 days with no reply can feel like an eternity especially when you are anticipating something.
ozil

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 19:00:15 »
I received a text earlier this morning from profo saying that he was in the ER and that he will update as promised when he returns home.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 19:02:50 »
I received a text earlier this morning from profo saying that he was in the ER and that he will update as promised when he returns home.

That doesn't sound good.  Hope the dude is alright. 
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 19:06:32 »
I hope it's nothing too serious and he's ok.

Although, it's a little odd that it shows he was active just a few hours ago.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 19:12:30 »
I hope it's nothing too serious and he's ok.

Although, it's a little odd that it shows he was active just a few hours ago.

Emergency room trips aren't exactly planned :P

Also, I was gone for a few hours about an hour ago, but it still showed me on the forum because I keep a spy page active. 

The point being that "it showing someone on the forum" really shouldn't be a determinate of anything.

Offline Viz

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 17:38:28 »
Hello, seems like the issues between me and prof are fixed(i'm still awaiting his reply though).
This was in no way mean to be a thread against him, i was just trying to make him a little "nervous", since this seemed like the only way to do it.

Sorry for all the mess i've created so far. And i hope to hear back from him soon.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 20:39:36 »
Hello, seems like the issues between me and prof are fixed(i'm still awaiting his reply though).
This was in no way mean to be a thread against him, i was just trying to make him a little "nervous", since this seemed like the only way to do it.

Sorry for all the mess i've created so far. And i hope to hear back from him soon.

I don't believe you are sorry, tbh, if only because you achieved exactly what you set out for when this thread was created.

In other news and unsurprisingly, public shaming works wonders with both big companies and individual members on a forum.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline Viz

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:48:09 »

I don't believe you are sorry, tbh, if only because you achieved exactly what you set out for when this thread was created.

In other news and unsurprisingly, public shaming works wonders with both big companies and individual members on a forum.

Cheers,

You're right, i'm not sorry in that sense. I'm sorry for interfering with his other buys/trades/sales.

On another note: Prof said he was going to give me an explanation on this which I still haven't gotten. So unless he has sent it now, i'll call for getting my money back. His other barters probably went well, but this one has been horrible.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 10:08:24 »
His other barters probably went well, but this one has been horrible.

Actually, Prof's other barters haven't gone well, read his group buy thread.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 10:10:32 »
Pretty sure he mentioned somewhere he was going away this weekend, although he is online currently.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 10:11:24 »
I've not been able to contact him. Hopefully he's not gone AWOL again.

Offline Viz

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 15:07:15 »
Ouch, I don't turn this thread from a calm discussion into a KKK mob. But i'm starting to get really pissed right now.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 12:27:11 »
There are so many other mobs you could pick from that aren't race-hate related...

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:02:09 »
Like Creepers or Skeletons or Spiders!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:03:36 »
There are so many other mobs you could pick from that aren't race-hate related...

My thoughts, exactly...

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:07:44 by Bro Caps »

Offline Viz

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 16:32:01 »
Yes, ofcourse. Mentioning the KKK(and being negative towards them) = Racist ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 16:55:54 »
Like Creepers or Skeletons or Spiders!

Or zombie pigmen!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 16:59:54 »
Last time i've spoken with him was in the CMOY thread :o
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!