Author Topic: [GB] GMK 9009 R3  (Read 259855 times)

Offline mamahuhu

Re: [GB] GMK 9009 R3
« Reply #450 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 20:47:08 »
R4 please 🙏

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #451 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 11:55:14 »
R4 please 🙏

Could've just bought GMK Classic Beige or GMK Hineybeige.

...Unless you really want the accents.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
« Reply #452 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 12:22:24 »
R4 please 🙏

I just want normal Beige icon mods  :'(
9009 R1 mods are the best. Purse and XBOX icons.

Offline diorite

« Reply #453 on: Wed, 15 March 2023, 19:17:07 »
R4 when?

Offline diorite

« Reply #454 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 00:56:58 »
R4 please 🙏

The accents are a huge part of the appeal. When shined base sets shipped in bags are going for $200+ there is an obvious draw to this specific iteration of “a basic beige set.” And seemingly a clear indication that it’s time to rerun.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #455 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 06:42:19 »
R4 please 🙏

The accents are a huge part of the appeal. When shined base sets shipped in bags are going for $200+ there is an obvious draw to this specific iteration of “a basic beige set.” And seemingly a clear indication that it’s time to rerun.

if you're so appealed by accents you should know they're still available as a child kit for gmk muted 2.
also if they stick to dixie mods and predatory kitting they'd better not ever consider rerunning this set

Offline diorite

« Reply #456 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 17:41:00 »
R4 please 🙏

if you're so appealed by accents you should know they're still available as a child kit for gmk muted 2.
also if they stick to dixie mods and predatory kitting they'd better not ever consider rerunning this set

I’m missing the part where this helps me. The mods are different for classic beige/hineybeige and muted is not a beige set. What do you mean dixie mods? This set has always had icon mods and if you want to compare it to the R1 kit I think you’d be alone in preferring them. Predatory kitting? This base was dirt cheap and included support for most common layouts. Not sure what you’re on about, but do I know you? You seem to be following me across threads making negative and unproductive replies to all my comments.

They’ll almost surely rerun this set eventually. It’s a perennial classic. I’d just like to see it sooner rather than later.

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #457 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 19:11:29 »

I’m missing the part where this helps me. The mods are different for classic beige/hineybeige and muted is not a beige set. What do you mean dixie mods? This set has always had icon mods and if you want to compare it to the R1 kit I think you’d be alone in preferring them. Predatory kitting? This base was dirt cheap and included support for most common layouts. Not sure what you’re on about, but do I know you? You seem to be following me across threads making negative and unproductive replies to all my comments.

They’ll almost surely rerun this set eventually. It’s a perennial classic. I’d just like to see it sooner rather than later.

Dixie mods is mentioned in the "reworked legends" in the original post. Some people don't like how the icon mods have been shifted. Personally I don't care/notice

The accent kit they are referring to is the 3A & 3C accent kit from Muted 2 - technically the green in 9009 is 3B but it's not off by much (3A is slightly lighter) and the red matches.

I think as far as kitting goes, the reason why some people strongly dislike the TKL-only base kit is that while it's "dirt cheap" if you only need the TKL base kit but usually when you try to compare it to GMK base kits that include numpad, the base + numpad kit here tends to be more expensive. Personally I think it's a bit far to call it 'predatory' but I can see why there are gripes about the way that most janglad sets are kitted.

that being said, yeah if icon mods are a deal breaker then just pray for a R4

Offline diorite

« Reply #458 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 21:03:28 »

Dixie mods is mentioned in the "reworked legends" in the original post. Some people don't like how the icon mods have been shifted. Personally I don't care/notice

The accent kit they are referring to is the 3A & 3C accent kit from Muted 2 - technically the green in 9009 is 3B but it's not off by much (3A is slightly lighter) and the red matches.

I think as far as kitting goes, the reason why some people strongly dislike the TKL-only base kit is that while it's "dirt cheap" if you only need the TKL base kit but usually when you try to compare it to GMK base kits that include numpad, the base + numpad kit here tends to be more expensive. Personally I think it's a bit far to call it 'predatory' but I can see why there are gripes about the way that most janglad sets are kitted.

that being said, yeah if icon mods are a deal breaker then just pray for a R4

My point about the muted kit is that it doesn’t matter if it’s color matched or not. It and 9009 use icon mods and the other available beige sets do not. You can’t rig up 9009 with muted accents and classic/hineybeige because they use different mods. I saw the post about the mods but I don’t think it’s that deep. I’d take them either way to be honest.

About the kitting, I guess its just a difference of opinion about how it should be done but whatever side you’re on calling it “predatory” is absurd. The majority of the hobby are not building full size boards. The majority of keyboard users do not need a numpad on every set they purchase. Why should the majority have to subsidize a niche kit so that the few who need it can get it a little cheaper? I much prefer this trend of excluding numpad support from the base kit. I don’t want to pay an extra 20-30 bucks on every set I buy for coverage that I don’t need. Why do people expect that everyone else should have to pay a premium so that they can save a few bucks? I mean if you look at the numbers on a typical groupbuy where the numpad is split off, more people buy novelties, spacebars, alternate icons, etc. than numpad kits. By your logic shouldn’t we include spacebar kits and novelties into base sets so that its cheaper for the people who want them? Then everyone who joins can pay $175 - $200 per base set. Sounds great.

Offline Bayeszou

• Serika fans
« Reply #459 on: Fri, 11 August 2023, 01:30:45 »
The 9009 punctuation characters can't be replaced by the Beige. Very much looking forward to the R4. QvQ

Offline Dmitri

« Reply #460 on: Fri, 11 August 2023, 15:50:22 »
+1 for r4
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 August 2023, 19:12:07 by Dmitri »

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #461 on: Fri, 11 August 2023, 17:40:02 »

9009 R1 mods are the best. Purse and XBOX icons.

the purse looks way out of place, i am glad they went with down arrow