Author Topic: Keyboards with thick border like Volcano660  (Read 5111 times)

Offline DomaRho

Keyboards with thick border like Volcano660
« on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 23:47:58 »
I recently saw a Volcano660 on sale and realised I really love keyboards with a thick border like it! Thought I'd ask the community for references to keyboards with a similar style :)

Keen for anything from 60% upwards

Offline Maledicted

Re: Keyboards with thick border like Volcano660
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 00:55:51 »
I recently saw a Volcano660 on sale and realised I really love keyboards with a thick border like it! Thought I'd ask the community for references to keyboards with a similar style :)

Keen for anything from 60% upwards

What do you mean by a thicker boarder? The distance from the outer caps to the edge of the case? More voluminous cases can sound a lot better with the right switches too. Plastic cases with big hollow cavities reverberate nicely with low-pitched switches.

The Vortex PC66 is well-regarded, and looks like a vintage IBM board. I kind of want to try some Zeal Clickiez in one.

296904-0

The NCR-80 is as well, which is a board inspired by desireable old NCR-branded Cherry boards.

296906-1

There are various other vintage boards that are pretty cool if you're good at desoldering and resoldering and have some decent tools for the job. You just have to be sure they support MX switches, unless you want to try something vintage like Alps.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2023, 00:59:25 by Maledicted »

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Re: Keyboards with thick border like Volcano660
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 March 2023, 09:46:40 »
I think you might like Class 80 and Class 65. You could also take a look at Capsule 65 which also has a wide border.