Author Topic: Deck, you stealthy bastards...  (Read 5724 times)

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
Deck, you stealthy bastards...
« on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 16:44:18 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deck-Hassium-CBL-108-CHERRY-MX-BLUE-LED-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-USB-/321175245536?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item4ac78952e0

Yep. It's a new Deck keyboard, apparently only available in Korean Hangul. (So no, I can't read the ad details either.)
As in all new. Awful font, but that's a given. Honestly, it might be a counterfeit, but the two-piece chassis version is definitely photography and definitely not a design I've seen before.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline jonathanyu

Re: Deck, you stealthy bastards...
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 16:47:16 »
arr.....what happen to deck. is that really a deck? is look like a ducky..... :blank:

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 16:56:09 »
I don't think Deck really makes anything.  They just rebrand OEM stuff from what I've seen.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 17:08:38 »
They made the plastic case look metal in some of the more artistic photos.

Short document with stats:
http://beta.deckkeyboards.com/sites/default/files/Hassium_0.pdf
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 17:18:11 »
I don't think Deck really makes anything.  They just rebrand OEM stuff from what I've seen.

Dude, wat?

I want some of what you're smoking. It's apparently top notch hallucinogen.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 17:33:32 »
It is very Ducky-like.  Even to the position of the logo on the space bar and the extra 4 keys above numpad.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 17:54:21 »

Dude, wat?

Data911 keyboard made by TG3 Electronics (OEM):

Deck keyboard:

I guarantee it is a rebranded TG3 Electronics board.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 17:54:44 »
I'm sure that I saw this keyboard here:
http://mstonekr.com/

Plus, there are also some new keyboards from Costa with Orange led on this site.
I like linear switches

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 17:55:09 »
LOL to all that compare it to Ducky or whatever, what Deck offers I doubt any keyboard will, DS keycaps that will last forever, that's about $100 in keycaps alone... you will never have DS keys for LED's coming out from manufacturer straight, **** we cant have our own trough GB either cause neither SP or GMK has this one figured it out. Big props to Deck for this one.

EDIT: Only 1 Korean board has stock DS keys for shining, just cant remember the name, was some GHer that made a post in the great finds about it, the board was around $250-300 price range I think.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 18:41:36 »
Lol that case looks like they are trying to mimic some of Photoelectric's stuff.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 19:16:45 »
I believe it's just grainy-looking plastic (PBT?) which photographs like that: looks like it's made of metal the way they edited some of the photos.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 19:58:44 »

Dude, wat?

Show Image

Deck keyboard:
Show Image

... seriously, what are you smoking?

Deck doesn't rebrand TG3. Deck IS TG3.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 20:03:04 »
LOL to all that compare it to Ducky or whatever, what Deck offers I doubt any keyboard will, DS keycaps that will last forever, that's about $100 in keycaps alone... you will never have DS keys for LED's coming out from manufacturer straight, **** we cant have our own trough GB either cause neither SP or GMK has this one figured it out. Big props to Deck for this one.

EDIT: Only 1 Korean board has stock DS keys for shining, just cant remember the name, was some GHer that made a post in the great finds about it, the board was around $250-300 price range I think.

Deck's keycaps aren't double-shot; (unless they have recently changed) the legends are a negative dye-sublimation and the key it's self is a 2-piece design (clear face-plate/stem with legend and an opaque skirt).

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 04:09:21 »
I forgot who posted it, but it was unveiled earlier this year at the Hengyu booth but no names we're given then.

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/Item.aspx?goodscode=384442737&pos_shop_cd=EN&pos_class_cd=90000001&pos_class_kind=T&keyword_order=deck

I'm guessing the thing they call the Francium is the tenkeyless version.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 August 2013, 04:12:43 by eyesmiles »

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 18:29:40 »
http://beta.deckkeyboards.com/

I can't believe I hadn't seen this till today. These look really nice. I've been quite impressed with TG3's quality, though their aesthetics have been a little lacking. Looks like they have switched to true double-shot pbt.

http://mechkb.tumblr.com/post/59664045773/our-stock-of-deck-hassiums-are-genuine-pbt-doubleshot

Offline Topre

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 21:41:58 »
Keep in mind that the eBay Deck Keyboards may not be double-shot keycaps. The Korean keycaps are not suppose to be double-shot. MechKB.com stocks the double-shot Deck Hassium with regular English keycaps.

Offline dante

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 22:08:50 »
The fullsize looks extremely thin for a mechanical keyboard!

Offline dante

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 14:04:42 »
The Deck Francium (87 Tenkeyless) has just hit ebay!

Looks like Deck removed the Beta site......

« Last Edit: Sun, 13 October 2013, 00:06:54 by mkawa »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 14:27:27 »
Keep in mind that the eBay Deck Keyboards may not be double-shot keycaps. The Korean keycaps are not suppose to be double-shot. MechKB.com stocks the double-shot Deck Hassium with regular English keycaps.

My deck keyboard has doubleshot keycaps that look like they came from SP. it is also not backlit.

Hmm, for some reason that picture wasn't loading for me, but I see it now. Thanks for the link.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 02:02:38 »
As in all new. Awful font, but that's a given. Honestly, it might be a counterfeit, but the two-piece chassis version is definitely photography and definitely not a design I've seen before.

I love rootwyrm. He talks **** about a certain company's keyboard all the time. Yet says he never seen this case before. Funny.

Offline tbc

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 03:13:23 »
are those legit metal cases or just top plate like ducky YOTS?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 05:48:04 »
Plastic.

Offline dante

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:51:27 »
talked to someone at Deck and the boards should be released within the next month or two stateside.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 21:03:48 »

Show Image

Deck keyboard:
Show Image

Wow, I had little respect for Deck seeing how crappy their font/products seemed, but now I'll never buy from that "company".
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 07:42:57 »

Show Image

Deck keyboard:
Show Image

Wow, I had little respect for Deck seeing how crappy their font/products seemed, but now I'll never buy from that "company".

TG3 is Deck's parent company, so deck selling a TG3 keyboard with Deck's name on it isn't a bad thing. The TG3 boards are heavy duty, meant for use in police cruisers and such.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 10:53:36 »
I see. Their stylistic choices leave much to be desired, at any rate.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 19:15:21 »
I see. Their stylistic choices leave much to be desired, at any rate.

Deck ugliness along with their rugged construction is part of Deck's trademark.
I'll certainly pull the trigger if the Francium still uses Deck PBT keycaps and is built with the same quality as the Legend.

In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)