Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 775296 times)

Offline MikeTheTiger

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2700 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 10:44:25 »
I’ve been feeling kinda the same way too lately. And I didn’t even get in on the exent. I’m debating liquidating my collection and going barebones. With that said, R2 Danger Zone???
Mike nuuuuuu

Lol. I’m keeping my boards, just might let go of a lot of my keysets.

Offline Data

« Reply #2701 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 10:58:02 »

I’ve been feeling kinda the same way too lately. And I didn’t even get in on the exent. I’m debating liquidating my collection and going barebones. With that said, R2 Danger Zone???

ya boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Q4 2018.  Keep an eye on the IC thread:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68563.0

Oblotsky is working on some sick renders for me.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2702 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 10:59:15 »
I'm in complete agreement.  Yuktsi is doing a good job at communicating about the logistics of the group buy, but leadership is sorely lacking from TGR, Aconic, RAMA, and Originative.

I have bought from Sherry before and, ****, he's even sent me stuff for my meetups in Portland.  Despite hearing lots of issues previously, I've never had any with his services until now.

I've said this before, but I think it would do the community good to have some sort of statement from the designers and organizers.  I don't advocate brigading other threads or badgering them, it should be done on their own accord.  Having not done so (and I'm assuming the same into the future), I don't know why anyone would do business with them after this GB. 

I'm really hoping for some leadership/resolution/statement here to, at least, salvage the dignity of the GB.

I personally don't fully agree with this.  Yes their names are on it, but I believe Juahenza should be the one held accountable.  He commissioned the design, he ran the IC and GB, this is HIS gb that he is ignoring.  All Rama did was design the case, that's all he is/was responsible for.  Sherry arranged the caps/switches, which to my understanding the hold up there, surprisingly enough was due to lack of communication and he also picked up extra kits to help with moq.  Yuktsi helped with things and bless him for at least attempting to try and keep us updated, but this is not his gb.

Choosing not to do business with any of them is obviously your choice, but for now, the only one I'm pissed off about is Juahenza.

This GB has been a dumpster fire.  That I can 100% agree with.  Garbage pcb's, broken bottoms, delay after delay, complete lack of communication and transparency.  100% regret.

Pwner, I completely see your point/perspective.  Thanks for setting the record straight on how this GB was set up.  Yuktsi is a god-send.  I can't believe the amount of work he/she is putting into this GB.

I did not know this was only Juahenza's group buy since there are many names attached to it.  Sherry can't help GMK's schedule, so I get that.  Props to him for helping with the sets.  I didn't know that RAMA only did case design, but that makes sense, as he is mostly a designer... 

Thank you for setting some things straight.  I'm not pissed at anyone, especially since my board is in the mail, albeit untrackable.  Regardless, the product was marketed as a team effort.  I'm not boycotting anyone, but it would be nice for someone with some clout could help move the GB in a better direction.  All it takes is some communication.  Juahenza's probably busy or doesn't frequent this forum, but really, it doesn't take much to give a little explanation or to rally the troops.  Even if it was from one of the other players.  Keeping people wondering is bad form.

Still no word on shipping for an alu bottom order. No response to anything.

**** it. I'm out.

Anyone want my EXENT? You can have it for free. This has left such a sour taste in my mouth, I'm getting out of the hobby all together. If you know me, you know what I got, hit me up if you want it. For the rest of you, keep an eye on r/mechmarket for the motherload of all sales.

Dibs?  But really, don't go!

yutski, please send my exent order to MaNiFeX.

And thank you to everyone who sent messages, really means a lot. After taking inventory of my collection, this could be trickier than I thought... I may donate most of my boards to a local school and just sell keycaps.

Wow dude.  I'll get you back with some cash.  I'll send you a PM to get your details.

**** it. I'm out.

Anyone want my EXENT? You can have it for free. This has left such a sour taste in my mouth, I'm getting out of the hobby all together. If you know me, you know what I got, hit me up if you want it. For the rest of you, keep an eye on r/mechmarket for the motherload of all sales.

I've been building toward this conclusion also.  Exent was the final straw.  I'm not looking forward to troubleshooting these PCB problems, and if it comes down to desoldering I will just throw it in the damn trash.  A rash of flakey, shyster group buys recently, and a community seemingly reluctant to hold them accountable, have forced me to step away from the hobby -- I have enough keyboards.  It isn't worth the stress and heartache.

I might still join the SBXX case GB.  It's simple enough that Plastik should be able to pull it off without too much issue, and he's got a really good prototype.  The guy obviously knows what he's doing. 

I'm also vaguely looking forward to the Kira, if Input Club ever gets it off the ground.  And clearly I'm going to stick around for Round 2 of Danger Zone later in the year.  But beyond that... I'm over it.  Time to move on.

Man...  I've been debating selling most my stuff.  It's getting a little heavy for me too.  Also considering running a second group buy.  This hobby is both gratifying and tough.  I got my ass chewed out by some douche for posting a discussion thread on /r/mk.  lol. 

Oh well.  Only time will tell.  Let's do our best to stay positive!  I'm sure we can all figure out our PCB issues/bottom replacements and move on.  Thanks all who made this possible and are helping move toward the conclusion of this GB. 

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2703 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 11:21:33 »

**** it. I'm out.

I've been building toward this conclusion also.  Exent was the final straw.  I'm not looking forward to troubleshooting these PCB problems, and if it comes down to desoldering I will just throw it in the damn trash.  A rash of flakey, shyster group buys recently, and a community seemingly reluctant to hold them accountable, have forced me to step away from the hobby -- I have enough keyboards.  It isn't worth the stress and heartache.

I might still join the SBXX case GB.  It's simple enough that Plastik should be able to pull it off without too much issue, and he's got a really good prototype.  The guy obviously knows what he's doing. 

I'm also vaguely looking forward to the Kira, if Input Club ever gets it off the ground.  And clearly I'm going to stick around for Round 2 of Danger Zone later in the year.  But beyond that... I'm over it.  Time to move on.

Hey data before you throw it in the trash send it to me maybe?

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #2704 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 11:43:42 »

ya boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Q4 2018.  Keep an eye on the IC thread:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68563.0

Oblotsky is working on some sick renders for me.

That's awesome news. Danger Zone was my first keyset and what got me into mech keebs in the first place.  ;)

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2705 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:20:09 »
I may not be done with this hobby, but I definitely understand where you guys are coming from. I'm really new to the mechanical keyboards scene, so I haven't been burnt as much as most of you. But I've been a part of four GBs, and I can count on one finger how many of them went smoothly (UK78). And even at that the PCB has issues.

I'll be doing a lot more research if I join more groupbuys for something expensive like keyboards or premium keysets. And that's certainly an "if". I'm pretty content with what I have so I don't expect to be buying much more unless it's something I really want from someone I can really trust.

Also considering running a second group buy.

Is it a bit early to ask what you'll be offering? I scrolled through your Stormtrooper GB and was very satisfied with how you ran that.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #2706 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:34:06 »

**** it. I'm out.

I would like to pay for it

EDIT: i guess i'm late  :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:37:53 by KaosJ »

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2707 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 13:06:45 »
I may not be done with this hobby, but I definitely understand where you guys are coming from. I'm really new to the mechanical keyboards scene, so I haven't been burnt as much as most of you. But I've been a part of four GBs, and I can count on one finger how many of them went smoothly (UK78). And even at that the PCB has issues.

I'll be doing a lot more research if I join more groupbuys for something expensive like keyboards or premium keysets. And that's certainly an "if". I'm pretty content with what I have so I don't expect to be buying much more unless it's something I really want from someone I can really trust.

Also considering running a second group buy.

Is it a bit early to ask what you'll be offering? I scrolled through your Stormtrooper GB and was very satisfied with how you ran that.

Thanks man, that means a lot!  I tried to keep it positive, constant updates, fun images, etc.  And most importantly reasonably priced.

I should probably put up an IC at this point, lol.  I hope someone doesn't beat me to this, so SHHHHHH!  Mums the word.   ;D

I'd like to do another GMK set - 40%/60%/65% dark gray/light gray or black/dark gray.  Color codes will be CR/N9, N9/CC, or N9/2B (which I really like).  Legends will either be CP or CR depending on colorway I decide.  N9/2B with CR legends would be dope, but so would traditional Dolch.

If I go Dolch, the tentative name with be Dolch Sixty Forty or Dolch Mini.  If I do my own colorway, will most likely be GMK Sixty Forty.

Thoughts?  I'll post up once I make an interest check.  I've got a bit of homework to do.  I'm hoping to do a sub-$100 buy, really hoping to hit the $80 mark.  Cutting out F-row Numpad could save on cost considerably, hence me focusing on 65% and less for this buy.

I plan to do a comprehensive kit rather than split again.  What do you think? 
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 March 2018, 13:08:38 by MaNiFeX »

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #2708 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 13:14:14 »

Thanks man, that means a lot!  I tried to keep it positive, constant updates, fun images, etc.  And most importantly reasonably priced.

I should probably put up an IC at this point, lol.  I hope someone doesn't beat me to this, so SHHHHHH!  Mums the word.   ;D

I'd like to do another GMK set - 40%/60%/65% dark gray/light gray or black/dark gray.  Color codes will be CR/N9, N9/CC, or N9/2B (which I really like).  Legends will either be CP or CR depending on colorway I decide.  N9/2B with CR legends would be dope, but so would traditional Dolch.

If I go Dolch, the tentative name with be Dolch Sixty Forty or Dolch Mini.  If I do my own colorway, will most likely be GMK Sixty Forty.

Thoughts?  I'll post up once I make an interest check.  I've got a bit of homework to do.  I'm hoping to do a sub-$100 buy, really hoping to hit the $80 mark.  Cutting out F-row Numpad could save on cost considerably, hence me focusing on 65% and less for this buy.

With you running such a smooth GB, anything will be amazing.  :-*

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2709 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 13:43:46 »

I don't know the color codes, and I did a little googling but it is hard for me to picture them as a set together just looking at them one at a time between search queries, but I am very interested in affordable, but not poor quality kits, so I am excited to learn more. Recently I have gotten more boards than I have either switches or caps for, so I am looking for good sets of both..

That said one of the Exents I got was a base kit, and while I haven't heard back yet about being able to upgrade the kit to premium I will probably need switches and caps and I am severely short both

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #2710 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 13:46:09 »

**** it. I'm out.

Dibs?  But really, don't go!

yutski, please send my exent order to MaNiFeX.

And thank you to everyone who sent messages, really means a lot. After taking inventory of my collection, this could be trickier than I thought... I may donate most of my boards to a local school and just sell keycaps.

Would you consider donating some boards to my school?
My school has a mini-program called VASTAR where students can fix computers donated to the school (by the government and companies and very rich people for tax breaks) so we can give them to kids in need. Right now it's just me and a couple friends working on this program, and we can't get any new members. We usually get a reward of choice from a bunch of computer stuff at the end of each year, and having some new nice stuff in the rewards closet might help us recruit new members to the program.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2711 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 14:54:24 »

With you running such a smooth GB, anything will be amazing.  :-*

I don't know the color codes, and I did a little googling but it is hard for me to picture them as a set together just looking at them one at a time between search queries, but I am very interested in affordable, but not poor quality kits, so I am excited to learn more. Recently I have gotten more boards than I have either switches or caps for, so I am looking for good sets of both..

That said one of the Exents I got was a base kit, and while I haven't heard back yet about being able to upgrade the kit to premium I will probably need switches and caps and I am severely short both

You guys are awesome.  Thanks for the feedback!  I might have to do Europe/Asia proxies if I get enough international orders...   We'll see.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2712 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 15:12:37 »

Nice; I'll stay tune. I'm not sold on the colorway but it sounds very nice. Something I'd probably be interested in if I didn't already have GMK Oblivion and monochrome mods. Maybe the two sets will mix and match well.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2713 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 17:17:10 »

Nice; I'll stay tune. I'm not sold on the colorway but it sounds very nice. Something I'd probably be interested in if I didn't already have GMK Oblivion and monochrome mods. Maybe the two sets will mix and match well.

Make sure to chime in when I do post an interest check.  I'm open to ideas for the colorway.

Offline krispy

« Reply #2714 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 22:05:58 »
Hi Yuktsi, Do you know when premium kits w/ caps + polycarb bottom are going out?

Offline Shados

« Reply #2715 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 01:00:35 »
I soldered last night. I tested the PCB before soldering. It works well.
But no response when I connect the keyboard to PC after soldering. I checked everything I can. Finally I found it’s the screws from stabilizer. I removed the screws. It works again!  Screws short some switches.

I'm gonna be so pissed if that's what my problem is...

Any idea what nylon washers would work with Zeal screw-in stabilizers?

The screws for screw-in stabs are M2. Find M2 washers.

Offline invisiblefly

« Reply #2716 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 12:41:32 »
Hi Yuktsi, Do you know when premium kits w/ caps + polycarb bottom are going out?

Same situation.
I havn't got any update yet.
No Tracking, nothing

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2717 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 12:52:18 »

Same situation.
No Tracking, nothing

A virgin post in the wild.   :eek:  I feel so special.

Offline Gdubb90

« Reply #2718 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 14:07:39 »

Same situation.
No Tracking, nothing

Make that three of us.
  ///    /// 

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #2719 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 15:58:43 »

Same situation.
No Tracking, nothing

Make that three of us.

Make that four of us...

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2720 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 16:12:00 »

Same situation.
No Tracking, nothing

Make that three of us.

Make that four of us...

I think five people starts qualifying as a party. I'll bring drinks. Who want's to bring the cake?

Offline Gdubb90

« Reply #2721 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 16:12:54 »

Same situation.
No Tracking, nothing

Make that three of us.

Make that four of us...

I think five people starts qualifying as a party. I'll bring drinks. Who want's to bring the cake?

Cookie cake or nah?
  ///    /// 

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #2722 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 16:20:39 »

Same situation.
No Tracking, nothing

I got a tracking number Feb 27 but I don't know what service it is for so I can't actually track it. Needless to say it hasn't shown up yet.

« Reply #2723 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 16:22:27 »

Same situation.
No Tracking, nothing

I got a tracking number Feb 27 but I don't know what service it is for so I can't actually track it. Needless to say it hasn't shown up yet.
What I've gathered is the boards are either coming from the Malaysia postal service or through SF express, but my tracking number from the 27th hasn't shown up on either yet.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2724 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 17:19:06 »

Same situation.
No Tracking, nothing

Make that three of us.

Make that four of us...

Premium kit here (EU-based), no tracking number provided yet either.

I guess this party is gonna be wild!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Katanadog

« Reply #2725 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 15:56:12 »
Basic kit with aluminum bottom. Got the tracking number but it doesn't show up.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2726 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 04:42:25 »
ne pcb fixes avail
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2727 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 14:53:11 »
That's where I'm at as well. Been a month now... how long is this going to take? Seems nearly everyone is in this boat  :'(

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2728 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 15:20:37 »
That's where I'm at as well. Been a month now... how long is this going to take? Seems nearly everyone is in this boat  :'(

Now there's a party boat?!?!  Where does it embark from, Hades?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2729 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 16:06:14 »

Pretty sure we've been on this boat for a while. Embarked from purgatory and the captain's taking us the wrong way. Things have been feeling pretty toasty.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2730 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 16:24:54 »

Pretty sure we've been on this boat for a while. Embarked from purgatory and the captain's taking us the wrong way. Things have been feeling pretty toasty.

I think that's just global warming  :p

Don't worry, when our boards are delivered and Hell freezes over, it will take the edge off the heat  :))
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2731 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 18:07:32 »

I think that's just global warming  :p

Don't worry, when our boards are delivered and Hell freezes over, it will take the edge off the heat  :))

Just pray when it actually ships your address hasn't changed... I'm moving soon and given how slowly the group buy runners are running things, it's possible I'll be out of a board. They essentially added fake tracking (doesn't show up on sf-express or any other tracking system) to appease people in this thread.

edit: "Sorry, waybill (********764) information not found, please check waybill number or contact SF costomer service at 1 855 901 1133."
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2018, 18:10:22 by chromatically »

Offline mike873

« Reply #2732 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 22:24:53 »
So, I got some news!

This apparently is my board on the way to the shipping office. I hate how long this has taken, I'm still excited to get my hands on it. Looks like Laser will match quite well.

Offline sachin3767

« Reply #2733 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 07:08:05 »

Same situation.
No Tracking, nothing

Make that three of us.

Make that four of us...

Seven now and this party is turning in to a riot!

Whitefox|Granite    Tex Yoda II     Exent | dev/tty      MX Master       Planck|Big Bang

Offline ClearKeys

« Reply #2734 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 07:56:31 »

Same situation.
No Tracking, nothing

Make that three of us.

Make that four of us...

Seven now and this party is turning in to a riot!

Add me to the list boys. No tracking, no anything. The wait really hasn't bothered me - Can't believe it's been a year though. I just want to know if I will ever see it or if I'm out the money.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2735 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 11:49:34 »
So, I got some news!

This apparently is my board on the way to the shipping office. I hate how long this has taken, I'm still excited to get my hands on it. Looks like Laser will match quite well.

Neat. Did you get the basic kit?

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2736 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 12:50:21 »
Quote from: ClearKeys link=topic=87213.msg2583621#msg2583621
Add me to the list boys. No tracking, no anything. The wait really hasn't bothered me - Can't believe it's been a year though. I just want to know if I will ever see it or if I'm out the money.

Same here. Premium kit, no shipping. I was hopeful when I received a PM reply from Yuktsi the other day after asking if he could ship me my kit minus the caps and switches and stabs and ship those to me whenever OCO finally gets those over to him, but he never replied back again.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2737 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:19:49 »
Same here. Premium kit, no shipping. I was hopeful when I received a PM reply from Yuktsi the other day after asking if he could ship me my kit minus the caps and switches and stabs and ship those to me whenever OCO finally gets those over to him, but he never replied back again.

Last I heard I'm pretty sure the sets are en-route from Sherry as of a few days ago, it'll probably still take a little while to get to the runners because of how far apart they are but yea. Don't think it'd be worth it for them to send over the board without the sets any more, and that's probably why you've not heard back.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2738 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 15:09:27 »

Last I heard I'm pretty sure the sets are en-route from Sherry as of a few days ago, it'll probably still take a little while to get to the runners because of how far apart they are but yea. Don't think it'd be worth it for them to send over the board without the sets any more, and that's probably why you've not heard back.

They've been saying that for months. Honestly, zero trust in that being true.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2739 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 15:30:49 »
They've been saying that for months. Honestly, zero trust in that being true.

Sherry said that like a month and a half ago, correct. That was the only time it was said, and I also have very good reason to believe I'm being told the truth but I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I'm hopeful is all I'm saying, but I absolutely understand and respect the sentiment (especially as someone who bought a premium kit).

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2740 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 16:46:48 »

Sherry said that like a month and a half ago, correct. That was the only time it was said, and I also have very good reason to believe I'm being told the truth but I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I'm hopeful is all I'm saying, but I absolutely understand and respect the sentiment (especially as someone who bought a premium kit).

I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, but I'm very inclined to believe you. It kinda matches up with what yuktsi said about two weeks ago:

OCO promised to have the Premium Kits dropped off by today. Will update you guys on how it goes.

Wouldn't surprise me if OCO accidentally shipped them late, so "the sets are en-route from Sherry as of a few days ago" sounds just about right to me. Depending on how he shipped them they could take a few weeks to get to yuktsi, and then a few weeks to get packaged and shipped out to us. If I were an optimist I could possibly see the light at the end of the tunnel. Too bad I'm not an optimist.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2741 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 17:44:54 »
Wouldn't surprise me if OCO accidentally shipped them late, so "the sets are en-route from Sherry as of a few days ago" sounds just about right to me. Depending on how he shipped them they could take a few weeks to get to yuktsi, and then a few weeks to get packaged and shipped out to us. If I were an optimist I could possibly see the light at the end of the tunnel. Too bad I'm not an optimist.

The post you quoted is a good point and I stand corrected there - seems they said kits would be shipped on two occasions rather than one, my bad. Still, I'm obviously not making an official statement of any kind here I just figured it would be relevant information to share seeing as, as said, I'm quite certain the information is accurate.

From the package being sent out when I believe it was until Yuktsi and them receive it, to them sorting and packaging things properly I'd probably be comfortable with a 2 month estimate for when they start going out. Here's hoping Oco expedited it a bit and that things go smoothly on the runner's end.

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #2742 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 21:10:44 »
Just checking in to confirm this whole thing is still a dumpster fire with no progress. Yep. Carry on.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2743 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 00:46:40 »
Any updates on how to fix the pcb?

And also premium kits? I'm still waiting on caps/switches/stabs.

Offline Moderate

« Reply #2744 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 09:56:56 »
Soo, it's been a full month since I received my tracking number which is still a dud with nothing to track. To be honest I'd rather not have received a number at all if nothing has actually been posted.

Offline Data

« Reply #2745 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 17:04:54 »
If anyone cares, the nylon screws did NOT resolve my PCB issue.  I've either got a short somewhere else or my controller has a contact/solder problem.  I've put the board away for now.  I don't have the time or the interest to troubleshoot it right now.  This whole thing has just been a massive disappointment.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2746 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 17:06:21 »
If anyone cares, the nylon screws did NOT resolve my PCB issue.  I've either got a short somewhere else or my controller has a contact/solder problem.  I've put the board away for now.  I don't have the time or the interest to troubleshoot it right now.  This whole thing has just been a massive disappointment.

I'm sorry to hear that it is a deeper problem than just this. I do hope after shipping finally completes that there will be solutions for resolving these issues.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2747 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 17:13:55 »

What column is out, if i may ask?

There's still no update from anywhere on how to fix it, i've tried reflowing a solder pin from the mcu, board works, whole shift row is still unresponsive.

Offline Data

« Reply #2748 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 17:37:41 »
Backspace column.  Includes Pipe, Enter, Up and Down keys in my layout.  I'm guessing that's Column 2 but it's a little confusing.

Not only do those keys NOT REGISTER, but when I plug the board in I get flashing in-switch LEDs in a FLASH-FLASH-PAUSE pattern and no keys function at all, though the device is properly recognized in Windows.  I assume this indicates a short and it's a sort of "safe mode" operation.  The bottom RGB LEDs don't come on at all.

If I plug the board in with Keymapper running and flash a firmware HEX (any) to it, the flash is successful.  In-switch LEDs stop flashing and the bottom LEDs come on, but then the board starts sending an infinite string of rapid-fire inputs I THINK from the Backspace key.  That's the limit of troubleshooting I've done so far.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2749 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 17:58:25 »
Backspace column.  Includes Pipe, Enter, Up and Down keys in my layout.  I'm guessing that's Column 2 but it's a little confusing.

Not only do those keys NOT REGISTER, but when I plug the board in I get flashing in-switch LEDs in a FLASH-FLASH-PAUSE pattern and no keys function at all, though the device is properly recognized in Windows.  I assume this indicates a short and it's a sort of "safe mode" operation.  The bottom RGB LEDs don't come on at all.

If I plug the board in with Keymapper running and flash a firmware HEX (any) to it, the flash is successful.  In-switch LEDs stop flashing and the bottom LEDs come on, but then the board starts sending an infinite string of rapid-fire inputs I THINK from the Backspace key.  That's the limit of troubleshooting I've done so far.

Have you seen the MCU layout yet? I'm re-reading it now and it seems that the pin i was given is the a wrong one.  I'll try to reflow the right pin, to see if i can revive the board.

Edit: I have fixed the board. When you think of row on a keyboard its a column on bootmapper. I reflowed the wrong pin probably due to how i said my left shift row doesn't work.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 March 2018, 18:17:52 by Cerasis »