Author Topic: Razer Kraken Pro Or Steel Series Siberia v2?  (Read 18928 times)

Offline 222lu222

Razer Kraken Pro Or Steel Series Siberia v2?
« on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 18:13:56 »
Hey guys so i recently made a gaming setup for myself, with a brand new gaming desktop and a nice IPS monitor and a really nice ducky shine 2 keyboard. All i am missing now is a headset, for the headset i am really torn between the Steel Series Siberia V2 and the Razer Kraken Pro. The Steel series comes out to be 80$ while the Kraken Pro comes out to be 64$. Would the steel series be worth buying for 16$ more? I am choosing cheap headphones right now since i spent an extra 200$ on my pc. And now my budget only allows for headphones between Free (:D)~80$. If you dont like these please feel free to recomend some headphones in that price range. The thing i like about razer is that my Ducky Shine 2 has green Led's and So does my Razer naga, PLus my mouse pad is also green. Plus my RAM and my desktop case are green so i am trying to stick with the green color scheme. The siberia v2 i have heard competes a lot with the Kraken so i am not sure which to get. Thanks for taking your time in reading and repsonding to this.
Again thanks for everything
regards~
222Lu222
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:35:59 by 222lu222 »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Re: Razer Kraken Pro Or Steel Series Siberia v2?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 11:27:07 »
Neither? 

Get a real set of headphones and a clip-on or desk top mic.  You will be much happier with the quality of sound. 

My recommendations for your price range:
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HARX700-Precision-Sound-Headphones/dp/B0013OWPV4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1371745150&sr=8-2&keywords=jvc+harx  For $34, these cannot be beat.  Great sound quality and very good bass.  Note that these are a closed back design (better bass), so they give up a little bit on the sound stage.  If you want better spacial quality, these: http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD500-Full-Size-Open-Air-Headphones/dp/B000CMLZEG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1371745277&sr=8-13&keywords=audio+technica+ath-ad are great, but don't have the bass of the JVCs.

Add one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATR4650-Condenser-Computer-Microphone/dp/B006QSSUK2/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1371745359&sr=8-13&keywords=clip+on+mic and you are set.  I have mine sitting on the stand to my monitor and it works great.  I have tried the clip on Zalman mic, but didn't like the extra wires (yes, I cable tied them to the wire for the headphones, just felt bulky to me).  You can mute the mic in windows or with whatever sound utility you are using. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 11:29:34 »
I would recommend the same thing Badwrench said. For the same price, you could have Grado SR60s or for $30 more, you could have Grado SR80s. And I've heard that the Audio Technicas are really nice as well. Regardless, get a real set of headphones and then a mic.

And you might want to take off your email addresses if you're worried about your privacy at all.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 14:57:06 »

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 21:12:56 »
I bought into getting a gaming headset because I am stupid lol. But the Kraken Pro is actually pretty cheap compared to buying an uberly nice set of headphones.

If you are still deciding on those two, I suggest getting a Kraken Pro. I have it, and the quality isn't too bad and the mic is actually pretty good. It isn't studio mic perfect, but my girlfriend says it sounds like I'm next to her, and when I play with friends they say I'm crystal clear which is all I need.

I suggest getting the black because they don't look stupid...I got the lime green cause it was an impulse buy.

If you have the money then just follow what the above post says.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 21:22:00 »
Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones $99.95
Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone $8.45

worth the extra coin
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 22:59:09 »
Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones $99.95
Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone $8.45

worth the extra coin

I'm actually thinking about getting this. I need headphones that I can wear around because I look like the biggest loser if I wear this outside of my room.

I'll prolly wait till I get a new laptop that doesn't use a combination port because that is what this laptop uses which also gave me another reason to buy the Kraken Pro or I'd have to buy a headset buddy adapter (which I had to do when I had the Tiamat 2.2s...I was such a sucker).
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Offline llovro

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 02:30:48 »
If I had to choose between those two I would say siberia. I would never ever buy anything from razer.

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 09:39:16 »
If I had to choose between those two I would say siberia. I would never ever buy anything from razer.

I never really understood why people say this. I hear people talk about broken equipment and poor build quality. I carry my stuff in a backpack with no covers or cases on my products and they are still in great condition and work perfectly fine. Like unless you are partially Deaf and need full volume all the time or are cliff diving with your peripherals, I really don't see how they are bad quality. In terms of price, I can see a reason not to get a Razer product when compared to some other products, but it totally beats buying an uber expensive Astro A40 that has a terrible mic.

Don't buy "for gaming" products though...Mice aren't too bad because they have great customization with most companies and some of the mouse pads are pretty cool. I like my Razer Goliathus Speed mousepad. If I could go back in time though, I would've used the money that I spent on these products and buy better headphones, separate mic, same mouse, and tons of keyboards.