geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Ellora65 - The 65% That checks all the boxes from Kiko's Lab

(1/16) > >>

KikosLab:
There is a new Interest Check form to fill out, for a vote on color options, please fill that out here: https://forms.gle/ErFxyj4R1AHUDVLfA so that I can get a better reference of colors to offer for the GB.

Hello Everyone!!

Introducing the Ellora65! This keyboard is named after my daughter, born earlier this year.

Feature List:

- Screwless Design

- Silicone Gasket Mounted

- Rotary Encoder

- Left Hand Macros

- OLED Screen

- Onboard USB-C w/ ESD Protection

- Internal Brass Weight

- QMK Compatibility

- 5 Degree Angle

- Included Plate/Case Foam

- Included Carrying Case

- Design Free Bottom Case

07/15/21 Feature List Edit

- Hotswap Support (ANSI PCB, ISO PCB)

- VIA Support will come as well

Layouts Supported:

Estimated Cost of $350-$400 (Final Quotes are not in yet) with a target GB of October.
This could not be reached due to material prices skyrocketing.

Planned Colors:

- E White

- Black Ano

- Blue Pastel Ano (Pantone 0821 C)

- Violet Pastel Ano (Pantone 0631 C)

- Green Pastel Ano (Pantone 0921 C)

- Space Gray? (Debating this color still)

The first round of prototyping is underway, with hopes that they will arrive before the end of July. I plan on reaching out to streamers next week for potential build videos/content.

For the quickest updates, join my discord: https://discord.gg/BNnEGFr or follow me on instagram @kikos.lab

EDIT 10/11/2021

Prototypes have arrived!

Here is an imgur album of protos for you to enjoy: https://imgur.com/a/cUU6y4j

There will be a build stream done by Alexotos on Tuesday, Oct 19th at 4 PM PST! You can find that on https://twitch.tv/Alexotos

ManoliVisuals will also be getting a prototype unit with a video review TBD, and AndyVNguyen will also be receiving a proto unit for a stream.

There is still a debate on the Pastel Colors, as the process to do that would mean having to go to a different finisher, raising costs all around. Currently I’m landing on doing just a limited run of Pastels at a higher cost.

Now, GB details! There is no set date yet, but the target is currently either November/December.

GB will have a high cap of units, to allow as many people as possible a chance to purchase. Price breakdown will be as follows:

Ellora65 Standard Kit: $425 Solder, (+$25 Hotswap)
Kit Includes:
Anodized Alu Top Case (Or E-White)
Anodized Alu Bottom Case
Internal Brass Weight
PCB
Gaskets
Rubber Feet
Alu Plate (Anodized Black)
Encoder Knob (Sandblasted Brass or Anodized Alu)
Carrying Case
Plate and Case Foam (Provided by Stupidfish Designs)
All Screws

Polycarbonate is still up for debate. The quotes given to me by the manufacturer are $50 more expensive for PC, I assume due to failure rates of CNC PC. Let me know in the interest check if PC is something you’d like to see.

ALL BRASS ELLORA65 - 25 Units $750 Solder PCB (+$25 Hotswap)
Replace every “Alu” in Standard Kit with Brass
Sandblasted rather than polished, chosen for longevity and cost factors.

Limited Edition Pastel Cerakote?
Let me know if this is something you’re interested in. Estimation is +$75 to Standard price.

Vendor List is as follows:
US: Kiko’s Lab
UK: Prototypist
EU: Mykeyboard.eu
CA: Ashkeebs
AU: Daily Clack
SEA: iLumKB
ASIA: Zfrontier

GB Dates: Nov 19th-Dec10th

Pricing unfortunately went higher than I wanted it to. This is due to the fact that material and electronics pricing are currently skyrocketing at an unbelievable rate.

There will be an auction held for the “Baby Girl Pink” Prototype Ellora65. That will ship out immediately after a winner is decided, and all proceeds for that auction will go to a Breast Cancer Charity. For any questions, please join my discord and ask freely.

Enjoy these renders!

GMK Marmoreal

KAT Space Dust

GMK Lazurite

Ellora65 Animated Explosion.mp4 (738 kB - downloaded 1360 times.)

GMK Pharoah

Kokaloo:
every box is checked except my interest

hali:
i think you should design the bottom case

jokes aside, i like macro columns on frls. this is nice

KikosLab:

--- Quote from: hali on Wed, 09 June 2021, 15:53:31 ---i think you should design the bottom case

jokes aside, i like macro columns on frls. this is nice

--- End quote ---

LOL. I didn't want to put something on that for all those love the clean keeb booties.

Neely_12:
Another great looking board. Would like to see the bottom tho

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version