Author Topic: Tactile Zine  (Read 739850 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: Tactile Zine
« Reply #900 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:38:27 »
I hope you'll still stick around here but either way I'll be sure to follow Tactile Zine as it evolves.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #901 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 09:37:35 »
Hey, man, I've always enjoyed my interactions with you and GH will not be the same.  But everyone moves on at some point, and I wish you all the best.

What film photography?  I do some occasional rangefinder stuff but sold off most of my Leica and Voigtlander stuff.  I still have some vintage Konica and Zeiss glass that I couldn't bear to part with.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #902 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 09:59:28 »
Good luck with whatever you're about to venture into!  :thumb: Hopefully you'll come and visit us here though. And remember that if you need help with anything at all - we're here (at least I am).

Will be following you on Instagram and can't wait to see what Tactile has become!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #903 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 10:35:03 »
I'll of course be following you in the next step of your journey. Keyboards, photography, whatever. Looking forward to it. :-*

Same here. I gotchu bb.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #904 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 12:57:58 »
Good luck with those plans, I'm excited to see where they take you!
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #905 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 16:08:19 »
Thank you for your extensive, enthusiastic, informed and unfailingly friendly information you have posted here (thinking of Simple Questions in particular and, of course, Tactile).

Good luck with your future endeavours - if you approach them with the same vigour with which you have approached GH, they will not be anything other than resounding successes :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #906 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 18:47:03 »
So see you on Flickr then  :)  Also I really enjoyed that fanzine.
... ...

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #907 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 09:07:20 »
:)

163051-0

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #908 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 04:21:57 »
Thanks for all the time and effort you put into the Tactile Zine and all those stickers!

163725-0

See you behind the shutter, buddy! :thumb: :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #909 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 12:51:38 »
Hello Friends!

As I said before I did have one last thing geekhack related that I've made. Unfortunately, this volume won't be free as I'm trying to kickstart the next phase of Tactile. This is a mini-zine (8 pages total) I made on the IBM 6019284 aka the Kishsaver and a bit of the back story. It's a bit dated but I hope that people are still interested. Along with the zine will be a silver foil sticker with the logo (Shouts to hydrospell <3)

It's a DIY zine printed on 1 sheet and folded into 8 pages. Printed with a laserjet printer. Edition of 100

Please check out the sales link here...when it's approved.

Thanks again gh for all the good vibes and fun.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 June 2017, 13:59:05 by CPTBadAss »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #910 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 19:15:04 »
Sale is chugging along. Thank you all as always for the support <3. If you've enjoyed this thread or wanna see what I'm up to next in my creative life, please check out www.TactileZine.com and the related instagram account @tactilezine.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #911 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 03:27:32 »
Mate you have a lot of tactile fans that are going to stick with you throughout the evolution of the zine.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #912 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 23:46:14 »
Thanks for the kind words everyone :D.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #913 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 08:19:15 »
Received 3 DIY zines and 3 stickers! Thank you so much Captain!  ;D

Offline pluplog

« Reply #914 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:23:17 »
Received mine as well, slapped that shiny sticker on the laptop!
Kinesis Advantage | Kinesis Advantage Pro | Maltron L89 | Filco Minila

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #915 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 05:54:25 »
I need a good spot to put all my keyboard related stickers, my laptop already has a few.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #916 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 19:05:21 »
I suggest slapping the stickers on your forehead so you can see them whenever you take a selfie or look in the mirror. Or on your butt as a nice surprise for your lover ;).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #917 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 21:45:18 »
More
Hello Friends!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

As I said before I did have one last thing geekhack related that I've made. Unfortunately, this volume won't be free as I'm trying to kickstart the next phase of Tactile. This is a mini-zine (8 pages total) I made on the IBM 6019284 aka the Kishsaver and a bit of the back story. It's a bit dated but I hope that people are still interested. Along with the zine will be a silver foil sticker with the logo (Shouts to hydrospell <3)

It's a DIY zine printed on 1 sheet and folded into 8 pages. Printed with a laserjet printer. Edition of 100

Please check out the sales link here...when it's approved.

Thanks again gh for all the good vibes and fun.

If you were one of the people who bought the 6019284 mini-zine, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know I haven't been active lately and my zine was always a niche within a niche here. Because of your support, I was able to purchase a Canon Pixma Pro 100. Tactile can continue being a completely DIY operation!

If you've followed me into my new project, I really appreciate you making the jump.

If you were into the keyboard phase of the zine, you allowed me the opportunity to make so much creative stuff. I can't thank you enough.

I'll forever be indebted to the supporters of this project and zine. <3

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #918 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 22:01:41 »
Geekhack is indebted to you. You were a great force for good, keeping things light and positive. Since you've left others have risen to play your role but none do it as well.

It's nice to have you check in occasionally so we can see what you're up to. Best wishes.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #919 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 06:54:16 »
Please keep us up to date with all your new adventures, a lot of us will continue to enjoy your creative process.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #920 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 20:28:56 »

I thought I was done with geekhack but I'm getting pulled right back in. Blame booper and kellybear.

After leaving this fine place for a while an opportunity came up that I couldn't pass up. booper finally gave me a chance to fulfill a longstanding dream of mine for Tactile. My goal was to spend some time with an artisan keycap maker or any maker and create a behind the scenes project. I'm proud to announce that in collaboration with the wonderful booper, and with help from the lovely kellybear and noodle, we are releasing a zine and keycap project called "boop!"

boop! was shot over a weekend while we visted booper at her lovely home. She was a great host and together we made keycaps and I shot 4 rolls of film destined to be part of this project. I'll be posting some updates as I continue working on the zine. There's no set date for the drop just yet as we're both busy lately but I'm planning on it being out before March at the very latest.

Watch this space.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #921 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 20:35:24 »
How exciting! :D

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #922 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 20:36:18 »
Show Image

I thought I was done with geekhack but I'm getting pulled right back in. Blame booper and kellybear.

After leaving this fine place for a while an opportunity came up that I couldn't pass up. booper finally gave me a chance to fulfill a longstanding dream of mine for Tactile. My goal was to spend some time with an artisan keycap maker or any maker and create a behind the scenes project. I'm proud to announce that in collaboration with the wonderful booper, and with help from the lovely kellybear and noodle, we are releasing a zine and keycap project called "boop!"

boop! was shot over a weekend while we visted booper at her lovely home. She was a great host and together we made keycaps and I shot 4 rolls of film destined to be part of this project. I'll be posting some updates as I continue working on the zine. There's no set date for the drop just yet as we're both busy lately but I'm planning on it being out before March at the very latest.

Watch this space.

Glad you're back!

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #923 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 20:43:14 »
w00t! Glad to see you back Captain! Looking forward to seeing what you and booper are working on.
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #924 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 20:49:18 »
This is really exciting, can't wait to see the final project!

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #925 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 21:09:33 »
HI :3

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #926 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 21:23:13 »
looking forward to a new tactile!
-Dana

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #927 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 21:55:06 »
Watching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jedi

« Reply #928 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 23:34:46 »
Taking it back to the old school...  Glad to see you back dawg!

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #929 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 03:20:11 »
This is wonderful news!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #930 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 04:12:34 »
Welcome back, my one true master!

<3 <3 <3
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #931 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 08:23:17 »
Good to see you post again! Really looking forward to see what comes of this.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #932 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 08:34:20 »
Show Image

Watch this space.

ayyyyyyyyy

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #933 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 09:26:12 »
CAPTAIN BAD AAAASSSS!!! OMFG I JUST GOT SO HAPPY SEEING THAT YOU POSTED!!!

You should come to the Columbus meetup in March!!! :D :D :D

It's gunna be most of the old crew and some good new folks I think! I think Hoff and Amy are even gunna go!

You da best! I had so much fun when you came to visit! I can't wait to see this thread and photos develop. You're SUCH a great photographer.  :eek:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #934 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 12:17:52 »
ye ye ye yeaa

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #935 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 15:00:36 »
Just as I'm heading to bed and then this... so I found an appropriate gif just for the occasion!

Welcome back!  :thumb:

Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #936 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 15:01:31 »
wow
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #937 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 15:10:44 »

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #938 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 15:14:59 »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #939 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 15:23:38 »
helluva comeback!

Welcome back!

Thanks, guys! I don't know that I'm officially back, but...well, um...I'm logged in anyway haha.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #940 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 15:48:11 »
Welcome back guys.

Looking forward to the return of tactile  :thumb:

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #941 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 16:11:00 »
helluva comeback!

Welcome back!

Thanks, guys! I don't know that I'm officially back, but...well, um...I'm logged in anyway haha.

Haha good to see you post at least

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #942 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 19:03:20 »
Pumped for this!

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #943 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 19:52:29 »
lol CPT posts and all these long-lost members come out of the woodwork
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #944 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 20:14:29 »
Nice to see all these lovely old heads and new faces. As always, thank you so so much for the support geekhack has given to Tactile. I don't think I can say that enough. <3

I do want to point out that this is the last keyboard related project Tactile will be doing as I mentioned in the booper thread. After this project releases I'll probably drift away again.

CAPTAIN BAD AAAASSSS!!! OMFG I JUST GOT SO HAPPY SEEING THAT YOU POSTED!!!

You should come to the Columbus meetup in March!!! :D :D :D

It's gunna be most of the old crew and some good new folks I think! I think Hoff and Amy are even gunna go!

You da best! I had so much fun when you came to visit! I can't wait to see this thread and photos develop. You're SUCH a great photographer.  :eek:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

No pressure on my end :)). I'll see what I can do. Thank you for working with me on this booper!
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 January 2018, 20:16:54 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #945 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 14:58:43 »
o hai

exciting news
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #946 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 16:42:40 »
Wow, lots of excitement in this thread for sure!  :D  Great to see you sucked back in at least temporarily CPT ;)

And jd with the comeback too, nice to have some familiar faces around again!  :-*

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #947 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 16:49:02 »

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #948 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 06:55:13 »
I just started this hobby when the last zine went out. Glad to see the revival. Welcome back cpt.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #949 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 07:00:23 »
Hyped! Can't think of a better collab out there  :thumb: :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150