Author Topic: [GB] ELEMENTO X zFrontier. Fr87 GB ended.  (Read 106459 times)

Offline RavenPanther

Re: [GB] ELEMENTO X zFrontier. Fr87 GB ended.
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 19:56:51 »

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 04:28:38 »
Starting to feel as if I should be taking a cut of the profits on this GB, because of how update to date I have kept this thread!

https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-oct-23-2018

Some pretty nice pictures in there! The finish from the photos looks top notch. They are still waiting on the PCB's and Alex has said they he is waiting for the rest of the case parts to turn up this week or next week.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 08:17:35 »
Starting to feel as if I should be taking a cut of the profits on this GB, because of how update to date I have kept this thread!
rly? we can all read updates too ;)

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 09:55:26 »
rly? we can all read updates too ;)

Well the 8 email threads with Alex that have prompted updates/ response that day or the day after on 4 occasions, Also getting him to extend the buyer protection to all that wanted it, should warrant some sort of reward.  ;) When should I expect my duck octogon in the post?

Offline waqar

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 21:45:02 »
Is it shipping yet?

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 16:39:32 »
Is it shipping yet?

Not that I am aware of

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 08:37:13 »
Hey All,

I have had a short chat with Alex of Zfrontier. Here is what he had to say:

"I hit the warehouse yesterday to do some QA, and sorting is mostly done, once the PCBs arrive, they will be packed in the boxes and be ready to ship in no time.

Few parts had scratches due to transport but luckily there are some extra pieces to replace. Yet, some will need to be sent back to the factory for laser engraving since they are all numbered :(

Overall, I am happy to see all things sitting in the warehouse, and it's cool to work with Elemento  :) hopefully the PCB will arrive in a week or two!"

Looks like there is a slightly delay but there is light at the end of the tunnel! :D

Offline plus_one

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 17:33:21 »
Given that it's been another couple weeks since I've seen an update, has anyone heard anything?  It sounds like everything is coming together, but it has sounded like that for most updates we've gotten :/

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 13:36:30 »
Given that it's been another couple weeks since I've seen an update, has anyone heard anything?  It sounds like everything is coming together, but it has sounded like that for most updates we've gotten :/

I have messaged Alex once again. I think he might be snowed under because of the Black friday sale that he did. However he should either message me back or do a project update post on their website shortly.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 10:22:56 »
Emailed zFrontier and got response.

Code: [Select]
Our latest update form Elemento says that the PCB will wrap up in 2 weeks and we should be able to ship them out by the end of this month.

We apologize for the constant delay on this project and we are pushing the manufacturer and the designing team as hard as we could :(

They should be delivered in the new year.

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:57:19 »
Hey all, I have just pinged an email to Alex at ZFrontier as its been nearly two month since our last proper update.

In under one month the second lot of buyer protection will run out, so those who still have buyer protection will need to lodge a dispute with Paypal before their 180 days are up.

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 22:48:43 »

Hey all, I have just pinged an email to Alex at ZFrontier

Can I ask what email address you guys have been using? I've sent, I think, eight emails now, over the course of ~11 months, and none of them have gotten a response.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 22:59:19 »
Hey all, I have just pinged an email to Alex at ZFrontier as its been nearly two month since our last proper update.

In under one month the second lot of buyer protection will run out, so those who still have buyer protection will need to lodge a dispute with Paypal before their 180 days are up.

Honestly they should be paying you guys for all the work you’ve done keeping up with this GB and updating all their customers in this thread.

I’m sure GBs are no cake walk, but man...it’s been so long that I keep forgetting I’m even a part of this damn thing. Appreciate you keeping up on it for everyone. 

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:21:46 »

Can I ask what email address you guys have been using? I've sent, I think, eight emails now, over the course of ~11 months, and none of them have gotten a response.

There is two emails addresses which I usually send to. Their support one and then Alexs one. I wont give out his information however I am still waiting on a reply. Chinese new year is incoming and very little will be done over that time im sure.

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 22:09:42 »

There is two emails addresses which I usually send to. Their support one and then Alexs one. I wont give out his information however I am still waiting on a reply. Chinese new year is incoming and very little will be done over that time im sure.

Yeah, I've been using Alex's. Didn't think to try the ZF support one.

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #215 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 20:45:44 »
Well currently I am getting nothing back on either of them. However I am giving them the benefit of the doubt as it is Chinese new year and they are likely off...

Hope that we can get this keyboard this half of the year!

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 01:15:02 »
When is Chinese New Year? I didn't think that was until next month.. I been trying to ping Zfrontier for the past 2weeks with nothing. Perhaps its just the new year causing the issue. I know it last like what month month and a half

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #217 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 06:26:38 »
When is Chinese New Year? I didn't think that was until next month.. I been trying to ping Zfrontier for the past 2weeks with nothing. Perhaps its just the new year causing the issue. I know it last like what month month and a half

after doing a quick Google, it is on the 5th of Feb. However the whole thing is classed as a festival and takes place over a number of days...

Offline tusing

« Reply #218 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 19:14:33 »
When can we expect this? It was heavily delayed as of last October and there have been no updates since.

Offline Starston3

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 07:20:56 »
Oh man, that pcb...

Offline darthzero

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 08:03:34 »
Oh man, that pcb...
And apparently only one pcb manufacturer in whole Asia...
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 10:18:35 »
Oh man, that pcb...
And apparently only one pcb manufacturer in whole Asia...

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 10:21:26 »
So I'm planning to put Zilents in my blue half plate, and mill Max sockets in the second pcb with a full brass plate assuming they fit. Gonna build with gmk solarized dark, tactical blue case.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 12:29:46 »
hey least that sounds more legit then the excuse for the Aurora. I swear as much as people get "sick"

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 10:53:31 »
I just got my google calendar notification to say that there is 15 days left of my second lot of buyer protection.

This is to update people who managed to get their buyer protection renewed to renew it once again... We are nearly at 360 days since I bought it!

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #226 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 11:11:49 »
I started the hobby in January, and I just gotta say this was the first GB I joined and the last to deliver.

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 15:42:59 »
I just got my google calendar notification to say that there is 15 days left of my second lot of buyer protection.

This is to update people who managed to get their buyer protection renewed to renew it once again... We are nearly at 360 days since I bought it!

I'm still waiting to get a reply from ZF about the first round of buyer protection.

I started the hobby in January, and I just gotta say this was the first GB I joined and the last to deliver.

Similar situation here.

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #228 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 09:34:51 »
My second dispute for buyer protection has just gone in. He has now got 10 days to reply and give a proper update or I will be refunded.

I really hope that he responds soon as I still really want this board!

I urge any of you who still have buyer protection to do the same!

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 12:45:19 »
Finally got a reply from ZFrontier and this was their response:

"Elemento and us are, super frustrated with the PCB supplier. But we are being pushed back again and again. We are told today that factory is now back from the Chinese New Year holidays and are working on them.

We have been in contact with them every business day ever since last year. They gave us some alleged deadlines and we provided them in the updates but obviously that did not work out. Again, we are sad how this turned out and it's been a physically and mentally draining journey. However, we will carry on. "

However as of yet, they have not replied to my outstanding Paypal dispute which will automatically be awarded to me in 5 days time if they don't respond. I just want to be reissued my order so I can continue having buyer protection!

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 21:30:50 »
Can't wait to get mine, oooh boy. Ditch those pcb makers in the dust, lets go to a diff factory!

Offline plus_one

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 10:20:36 »
Finally got a reply from ZFrontier and this was their response:

"Elemento and us are, super frustrated with the PCB supplier. But we are being pushed back again and again. We are told today that factory is now back from the Chinese New Year holidays and are working on them.

We have been in contact with them every business day ever since last year. They gave us some alleged deadlines and we provided them in the updates but obviously that did not work out. Again, we are sad how this turned out and it's been a physically and mentally draining journey. However, we will carry on. "

However as of yet, they have not replied to my outstanding Paypal dispute which will automatically be awarded to me in 5 days time if they don't respond. I just want to be reissued my order so I can continue having buyer protection!
I really wish they would communicate things like this more.  This would be a far less frustrating group buy if they kept us in the loop, even if there's little we can do about the problems. 

Anyway, here's hoping we end up getting great keyboards out of the chaos

Offline plus_one

« Reply #232 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 13:36:55 »
For those curious, there is an update on their website: https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-mar-2-2019

TL;DR below:
Still waiting for the PCB to arrive. PCB manufacturer told us they will deliver in March.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #233 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 14:50:02 »
For those curious, there is an update on their website: https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-mar-2-2019

TL;DR below:
Still waiting for the PCB to arrive. PCB manufacturer told us they will deliver in March.

This is probably longest wait. I was on the fence of joining when it came out.
Hope it all works out well and you guys get the board in a good shape.

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 16:30:56 »

And from back in January, it was:
Still waiting for the PCB to arrive. PCB production was heavily delayed by the factory due to low quantity to make way for larger orders.

And early October, it was:
Sorting shall begin next week, PCB should arrive late Oct. For detailed updates, check the last project update post.

The September project update before that:
More
Keyboard housing and accessories:

Metal parts: All milled and finished anodizing in late Aug to early Sept. After inspecting, Some gray parts were around 1-2 pantone code darker, got them back for re-anodizing to match the original gray advertised.

Plastic parts: All milled and done in late Aug, early Sept. Battery chamber, done, CNCed ABS, sprayed black, perfectly textured. Plastic Washer, done, sits between the on/off metal switch and the battery chamber. However, after pre-assembling we discovered that the tolerance was a bit off, rendering the switch wobble more than we could accept. Hence, these two are now being machined again..

Wood Piece: Done.

Package: Done this week.

PCB:
PCB is the most frustrating part. It has not been a pleasant journey working with the current PCB vendor. They promised to deliver in late June and early July. But there are always some minor issues from the post production units that didn't meet our standard.

Revision 1 was the one in the early prototype: in-switch RGB, RGB Strip, USB Type-C, BT, fixed layout. R2 changed the PCB to mother and daughter board to incorporate better with the internal design, changed the side RGB strip configuration, and added multiple layout support. R3 added charging circuit and DIP. Revision 4  fixed some issues detected when testing and has recently been approved. Phase 1 to Phase 2 was a drastic change: tray mount to top mount, 1 PCB to 1 mother and 3 daughter boards (2 high-density SMD LED strip, 1 Type-C port), fixed layout to flexible layout while incorporating in switch SMD. Slowly adding more features to the PCB thus generated many unwanted issue.

BT 3.0 + BLE connection, 4-5m connection (full metal housing, full plate). Delay, not an issue (surely there will be delay, but not noticeable when work and casual gaming) (noticeable delay might occur when you pair many BT devices to a single machine). Could easily switch between (Windows, MAC, iOS) machines via Fn + function short cuts.

That being said, we bear full responsibility for the lack of communication and overall unsatisfactory group buy experience:

Problems we had during this group buy with the designer and factories:
- Miscommunication. Three parties are involved: Elemento, PCB vendor, and zFrontier. Communication were often times unilateral. Demands and feedback weren't clearly delivered.
- Lack of supervision over the production process. Happens when working with larger factories: smaller projects were postponed and bigger projects were prioritized when project managers were not in the place of constantly overseeing the production phase.
- Not taking immediate action when the factory failed to deliver. We put our trust into the said PCB vendor, but they were not able to deliver on time and created more issues. They are competent, in fact. But their attitude towards the project wasn't quite in the right place. We didn't take immediate action to push them or switch vendor, believing they could still make it right. Fact is, yes, they did, but too much time were wasted.

We sincerely apologize for our poor service for this project.

Elemento and zFrontier are pushing the factories to deliver every single day. We do not want to deliver a product that is sub-par to our standard. And thus many parts where rejected and ordered for a re-make.

Again, I am sincerely sorry and feel immense regret for the lack of communication.

What to expect:
•Fr87 by Elemento
Shipping ETA: October
•Regular update on every project

Best Regards,

Alex

What I'd like to know is where the accountability is. Specifically with this:
- Not taking immediate action when the factory failed to deliver. We put our trust into the said PCB vendor, but they were not able to deliver on time and created more issues. They are competent, in fact. But their attitude towards the project wasn't quite in the right place. We didn't take immediate action to push them or switch vendor, believing they could still make it right. Fact is, yes, they did, but too much time were wasted.

If this happened back in September, why is it 5-6 months later now and we're still having issues with the project not being given the priority it needs? Are there ever going to be any repercussions for this, as far as the PCB manufacturer is concerned? And where has Elemento been this whole time - like we noticed long ago, aside from the one pop-in they had here, they've been a silent partner, despite apparently designing the whole board?

I'd like to see ZF come to this thread and interact again - even if they don't have any news, seeing them interacting would be helpful. But what I'd really like to see, is all the cards laid on the table. If the PCB people are to blame, throw them under the bus. Don't take the hit for them. Let everyone see some transparency here, cause a lot of resentment seems to be building up.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 16:54:30 »

And from back in January, it was:
Still waiting for the PCB to arrive. PCB production was heavily delayed by the factory due to low quantity to make way for larger orders.

And early October, it was:
Sorting shall begin next week, PCB should arrive late Oct. For detailed updates, check the last project update post.

The September project update before that:
More
Keyboard housing and accessories:

Metal parts: All milled and finished anodizing in late Aug to early Sept. After inspecting, Some gray parts were around 1-2 pantone code darker, got them back for re-anodizing to match the original gray advertised.

Plastic parts: All milled and done in late Aug, early Sept. Battery chamber, done, CNCed ABS, sprayed black, perfectly textured. Plastic Washer, done, sits between the on/off metal switch and the battery chamber. However, after pre-assembling we discovered that the tolerance was a bit off, rendering the switch wobble more than we could accept. Hence, these two are now being machined again..

Wood Piece: Done.

Package: Done this week.

PCB:
PCB is the most frustrating part. It has not been a pleasant journey working with the current PCB vendor. They promised to deliver in late June and early July. But there are always some minor issues from the post production units that didn't meet our standard.

Revision 1 was the one in the early prototype: in-switch RGB, RGB Strip, USB Type-C, BT, fixed layout. R2 changed the PCB to mother and daughter board to incorporate better with the internal design, changed the side RGB strip configuration, and added multiple layout support. R3 added charging circuit and DIP. Revision 4  fixed some issues detected when testing and has recently been approved. Phase 1 to Phase 2 was a drastic change: tray mount to top mount, 1 PCB to 1 mother and 3 daughter boards (2 high-density SMD LED strip, 1 Type-C port), fixed layout to flexible layout while incorporating in switch SMD. Slowly adding more features to the PCB thus generated many unwanted issue.

BT 3.0 + BLE connection, 4-5m connection (full metal housing, full plate). Delay, not an issue (surely there will be delay, but not noticeable when work and casual gaming) (noticeable delay might occur when you pair many BT devices to a single machine). Could easily switch between (Windows, MAC, iOS) machines via Fn + function short cuts.

That being said, we bear full responsibility for the lack of communication and overall unsatisfactory group buy experience:

Problems we had during this group buy with the designer and factories:
- Miscommunication. Three parties are involved: Elemento, PCB vendor, and zFrontier. Communication were often times unilateral. Demands and feedback weren't clearly delivered.
- Lack of supervision over the production process. Happens when working with larger factories: smaller projects were postponed and bigger projects were prioritized when project managers were not in the place of constantly overseeing the production phase.

We sincerely apologize for our poor service for this project.

Elemento and zFrontier are pushing the factories to deliver every single day. We do not want to deliver a product that is sub-par to our standard. And thus many parts where rejected and ordered for a re-make.

Again, I am sincerely sorry and feel immense regret for the lack of communication.

What to expect:
•Fr87 by Elemento
Shipping ETA: October
•Regular update on every project

Best Regards,

Alex

What I'd like to know is where the accountability is. Specifically with this:

If this happened back in September, why is it 5-6 months later now and we're still having issues with the project not being given the priority it needs? Are there ever going to be any repercussions for this, as far as the PCB manufacturer is concerned? And where has Elemento been this whole time - like we noticed long ago, aside from the one pop-in they had here, they've been a silent partner, despite apparently designing the whole board?

I'd like to see ZF come to this thread and interact again - even if they don't have any news, seeing them interacting would be helpful. But what I'd really like to see, is all the cards laid on the table. If the PCB people are to blame, throw them under the bus. Don't take the hit for them. Let everyone see some transparency here, cause a lot of resentment seems to be building up.

This team should have a dedicated PCB designer addressing this issue, like we do for our project :). Even making new PCB won't take as long at all.

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #236 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 07:35:16 »
I talked to Alex at Zfrontier once again, he said they had massive issues but echo'd what they said in the Project updates (Still waiting). However he did say they were expecting them in March.

He has now refunded me however so I wont be as actively chasing. He gave me the option to pay when the boards are ready. I expect that he may honour this commitment to others too.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #237 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 07:58:19 »
I love the case and how it's flat! Finally! Only thing is i don't have a paypal account and the group buy is going to expire tomorrow  :(

Offline Mainian

« Reply #238 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 09:35:58 »
I love the case and how it's flat! Finally! Only thing is i don't have a paypal account and the group buy is going to expire tomorrow  :(

Tomorrow of last year...

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 13:47:31 »
dang it.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 14:33:38 »

Tomorrow of last year...

LOL......

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #241 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 08:31:36 »

Tomorrow of last year...

... butat the rate things are going you might be lucky enough to receive it yesterday next year.

Offline plus_one

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 11:59:53 »
In the last update they said the PCB was going to be delivered to them in March.  Did that happen?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 13:05:23 »

Tomorrow of last year...

... butat the rate things are going you might be lucky enough to receive it yesterday next year.

Thats being optimistic at the rate things are going. I expect this to turn into one of those group buys that never gets completed and everyone is out the money.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 14:04:53 »
This is pure insanity. Does anyone on this website have direct contact with zfrontier on this matter?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #245 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 14:45:10 »
The cases are all made, it's not like they are just going to disappear.. you guys had PayPal protection, an invincible suit of armor. You can be mad, I'm mad, but you can only wait patiently or get fed up and refund. Easy options

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #246 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 15:17:26 »
The cases are all made, it's not like they are just going to disappear.. you guys had PayPal protection, an invincible suit of armor. You can be mad, I'm mad, but you can only wait patiently or get fed up and refund. Easy options

Just a warning paypal protection is there as a marketing gimmick. The fine print basically says they can deny for any reason. That its not something they have to pay out on if it hurts them as a company. Also it only last 6 months. Does anyone even have proof the cases are complete? I mean Elemento sounded shady to start with. Thats why passed on the group buy. I am glad I did, but yea relying on paypal is just a let down. I have had to use them twice once they were super helpful got my refund. The other time I was SOL and denied.

Offline plus_one

« Reply #247 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 16:03:58 »

Just a warning paypal protection is there as a marketing gimmick. The fine print basically says they can deny for any reason. That its not something they have to pay out on if it hurts them as a company. Also it only last 6 months. Does anyone even have proof the cases are complete? I mean Elemento sounded shady to start with. Thats why passed on the group buy. I am glad I did, but yea relying on paypal is just a let down. I have had to use them twice once they were super helpful got my refund. The other time I was SOL and denied.

Yeah... that doesn't quite sound like an invincible suit of armor if the vendor can deny it.  Also I was a fool and let it expire without renewing, but that's shame on me. 

Anyway, they do have a picture of what appears to be a large box of cases on their website in the project updates section (October 23rd), along with a picture of a couple cases from that shipment.  The pokemon kid kept in fairly good contact with them, but it sounds like he lost his patience and invoked his buyer protection (which I don't blame him for)

Offline plus_one

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 10:20:16 »
I reached out to the support team and they said that the manufacturer still hasn't made the PCB

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 23:31:46 »
The pokemon kid kept in fairly good contact with them, but it sounds like he lost his patience and invoked his buyer protection (which I don't blame him for)

I reached out to the support team and they said that the manufacturer still hasn't made the PCB

I would be happy to take the torch on getting updates from them. But I can't get them to respond to me. How are you getting in contact with them?