Author Topic: [GB] Modern Dasher D60 (firmware is updated)  (Read 71304 times)

Offline mxgian99

Re: [GB] Modern Dasher D60 (GB is still open)
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 21:32:36 »
and the specialties kits...lmk when you got the time machine working.

Offline hhkbp2

Re: [GB] Modern Dasher D60
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 06:34:00 »
any reason why the badge would not be flush with the right-most keys like the original design? I don't think I can get over the badge or where it is unfortunately. GLWGB

Hmmm... that's actually a good question.  I see no reason why it wouldn't be right aligned to the edge of the keycaps. Weird

BTW, that new render looks awesome.  Would that be a silver or gray base?

Thanks. I'm not good at rendering. Credit goes to Trianglelab. It's a gray base in the render.

Yeah, the position of the sticker can be a problem. Originally that should be a sticker so there are no such problems. I tried to add the sticker to different positions and finally put it there.
I won't persist if someone believes it's better the badge is aligned to the right edge of the keycaps. What do you think?

I vote for the alignment. And I think the badge could go in the middle(or a bit higher) between the top edge of top case and keycaps, similar but not exactly like the vintage keyboard:

Offline Starius

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 20:17:50 »

Thanks for the suggestions. The original idea of this case was to match Dasher/Dancer keyset. I'm also curious what color people will choose and what keysets they will match. There are infinite possibilities as I'm offering fully custom colors.

I gotta tell you, now that I've seen MiTo's Ares Godspeed MT3 keyset that is in the works, I'm seriously thinking about a White and Orange Modern Dasher to go with it... 

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 08:25:32 »

Is it too much trouble to move the sticker on your prototype?  If we could see side by side it would be a better way to judge.

Which position is better?

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 08:27:22 »

I vote for the alignment. And I think the badge could go in the middle(or a bit higher) between the top edge of top case and keycaps, similar but not exactly like the vintage keyboard:

Show Image

I am inclined to agree with you now.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 08:30:05 »

I gotta tell you, now that I've seen MiTo's Ares Godspeed MT3 keyset that is in the works, I'm seriously thinking about a White and Orange Modern Dasher to go with it...

Good idea.

Yellow top and white bottom might also be cool.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 10:51:39 »
I like the right aligned version. 

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 11:34:14 »
I like the right aligned version.

Alright, the badge will be right aligned with the edge of the keycaps if there's no opposition.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 12:30:28 »
All the orders have been invoiced except the orders with custom colors. The deadline for payment is 11/01 anywhere in the world.

Offline Starius

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 12:45:46 »
All the orders have been invoiced except the orders with custom colors. The deadline for payment is 11/01 anywhere in the world.

I got your email, I'm just not able to respond until this evening when I'm home from work!

Offline feedbaack

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 08:56:26 »
Entered last night, waiting for my invoice   :cool:

Edit: invoice received and paid ! Thanks Ramiel and gl with the GB  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2018, 05:32:48 by feedbaack »

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 10:45:06 »
How is the badge going to be attached to the case?

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 22:07:37 »
How is the badge going to be attached to the case?

screws on the bottom of the badge

Offline mxgian99

Re: [GB] Modern Dasher D60 (Halloween is the last day to place your order!)
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 10:11:24 »
hi i submitted my form monday night but have not received an invoice, will a final round of invocies be sent tonite?

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
Re: [GB] Modern Dasher D60 (Halloween is the last day to place your order!)
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 10:18:48 »
hi i submitted my form monday night but have not received an invoice, will a final round of invocies be sent tonite?

Yes, the second round invoices will be sent out in one or two days. You should receive yours soon if you didn't order custom colors.

Offline eas

Re: [GB] Modern Dasher D60 (GB closed)
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 12:48:36 »
Hello

Does Fox Lab have a wechat group I can join?

Thanks

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
Re: [GB] Modern Dasher D60 (CNC finished on 12/10)
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 08:10:09 »
update on 12/26 2018.

Hi all. Most of the boards have been finished, QCed, and packaged.
Please pay your shipping invoice asap so we can ship the boards to your hands.

Offline Starius

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 08:48:18 »
Just got my shipping invoice received and paid.  I was surprised to get it, I wasn't expecting this board finished so soon! 
Can't wait to get my hands on it and see it in person! 

Those boxes look similar in style to the ones that the S7 Elephant came in, which I'm happy to see.  It held up nicely in shipping. 
The ALF X3 Renova had a neat box design, but for some reason it didn't hold up well through international shipping. 
I've found I've gotten a little paranoid about the safety of these babies as they make their long journey...

Offline Starius

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 08:51:43 »
By the by, do we know how many of these were made?

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 10:05:52 »
By the by, do we know how many of these were made?

Sure, you are one of the 30 buyers.

Offline beekey

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 10:29:57 »
Wow, this look great. Need to get some switches ready. :-)

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 11:33:38 »
Woah that was fast, paid the invoice and can’t wait to get it!!!

Offline eas

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 17:25:34 »
Sorry to be irritating. Shipping might start next week?

Thanks

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 20:52:40 »
fyi.   i already received my tracking number and its moving   

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 21:09:10 »

Thanks

Have you paid the shipping invoice? Your board is already in transit if you did.

Offline Starius

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 23:49:38 »
I don't believe I got a tracking number for mine. 

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 00:47:26 »
Wait, same. I didn't receive a tracking number

Offline eas

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 00:53:08 »

Thanks

Have you paid the shipping invoice? Your board is already in transit if you did.

Awesome. Thank you.

Paid about 55 minutes after the invoice came through.

Offline eas

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 12:17:21 »
DHL left voicemail with the tracking number this morning.

Thanks again for this beautiful design.

Offline feedbaack

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 02:42:05 »
Yeah I also got an email from DHL for a delivery in the next few days ! Really hyped now I'm know there's a D60 in it ! thanks a lot folks !

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 03:24:41 »
I've just received the board. It's high quality. I like it a lot. I didn't receive any stickers? Also, I need a few pointers about soldering the mail USB part to the breakout USB board?

Offline beekey

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 03:44:51 »
Received mine, very, very beautiful. The white is awesome.

BUT for all of you, who plan to use the stand-offs. They are of very poor quality. Material is way too soft. The thread is filled with paint and/or are too small. Sheared off 3 stand-offs so far. Even after using another screw to redo the threading. Sad to see such a nice case ruined by cheap stand-offs. :-(

"Stand-offs":

Update: They are also very short, at least none of my screws from other cases fit without washers.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 December 2018, 05:05:22 by beekey »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 10:37:23 »
Received mine, very, very beautiful. The white is awesome.

BUT for all of you, who plan to use the stand-offs. They are of very poor quality. Material is way too soft. The thread is filled with paint and/or are too small. Sheared off 3 stand-offs so far. Even after using another screw to redo the threading. Sad to see such a nice case ruined by cheap stand-offs. :-(

"Stand-offs":
Show Image

Update: They are also very short, at least none of my screws from other cases fit without washers.

Well, that is unfortunate, but you can buy more standoffs easily.  Are they m2 or m3? 

Your comment about the holes being filled with gunk reminds me of the problem with xondat's 268 board.  It was a huge issue.  The anodization manuf. sandblasted and didn't clean out the holes before anodizing.  It left sand in the screw holes.  You can soak it in water and try to clean it out with a small wire tip brush.  If that won't work, and you have sheered off screws (as you do here) you can retap the hole.  If it's a m2 thread, you can buy an m3 tap and just use m3 standoffs.  Of course, I'm not sure if m3 go through standard pcbs :(   I guess they make m3 male to m2 female, they are just harder to find.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 10:39:30 »
I've just received the board. It's high quality. I like it a lot. I didn't receive any stickers? Also, I need a few pointers about soldering the mail USB part to the breakout USB board?

any pics?  I don't understand the soldering issue.  So the breakout board didn't come with the header soldered on?

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 14:57:13 »
i'm guessing that the standoffs are used for top mounted plates--i.e. not the included plate?  if someone figures out the right threading could they share, then we can get the right tap to chase the threads before trying to mount the standoffs.

just got mine and only have a few minutes to look at it.  i have mixed feelings, overall its pretty solid, but there are a few details that are different or were unknown during the GB:

-my logo is metal and engraved, but its only a single color white, its not colored at all, i think the sticker actually looked better!
-the finish on the brass weight looks very different to me than the samples, its more of a matte brushed, i was not expecting polished but this has more texture to it
-the daughter board thing always confused me but i understand now that i have it, the PCB does have a usb-c port on it, but since there is such a large bezel, the port on the PCB (either included or GH60) requires you to have a pigtail from the daughterboard to the PCB of your choice.  i don't mind this, but it wouldve been nice to have additional daughterboards available, since it only comes with one i'm locked in based on which PCB i want to use

i'll hold off final judgement until i have more time to look at it and get it built, would appreciate other peoples thoughts as they receive theirs.

would also appreciate if someone takes pictures or provide diagram for soldering the breakout board, the board is labeled but i'm always not sure when soldering the connecters....
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 December 2018, 16:41:12 by mxgian99 »

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 17:58:01 »
i'm guessing that the standoffs are used for top mounted plates--i.e. not the included plate?  if someone figures out the right threading could they share, then we can get the right tap to chase the threads before trying to mount the standoffs.

just got mine and only have a few minutes to look at it.  i have mixed feelings, overall its pretty solid, but there are a few details that are different or were unknown during the GB:

-my logo is metal and engraved, but its only a single color white, its not colored at all, i think the sticker actually looked better!
-the finish on the brass weight looks very different to me than the samples, its more of a matte brushed, i was not expecting polished but this has more texture to it
-the daughter board thing always confused me but i understand now that i have it, the PCB does have a usb-c port on it, but since there is such a large bezel, the port on the PCB (either included or GH60) requires you to have a pigtail from the daughterboard to the PCB of your choice.  i don't mind this, but it wouldve been nice to have additional daughterboards available, since it only comes with one i'm locked in based on which PCB i want to use

i'll hold off final judgement until i have more time to look at it and get it built, would appreciate other peoples thoughts as they receive theirs.

would also appreciate if someone takes pictures or provide diagram for soldering the breakout board, the board is labeled but i'm always not sure when soldering the connecters....

I just got mine aswell and Overall the quality is pretty good. The only thing that threw me off was the weight. It was advertised as being around 4kg but mine comes out to just over 3kg ish. Im guessing the extra kilo comes from the plate made for the board. Wish that was better explained.

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 18:18:31 »

any pics?  I don't understand the soldering issue.  So the breakout board didn't come with the header soldered on?
Here are some pics of my board. The stand offs are not pre inserted for the breakout board. I also had a small scratch around the edge of the bottom near the foot. There is also some visible banding around the corners when in certain light. As I've stated before my board doesn't weigh around 4kg and more around 3kg. I'm guessing this is because I didn't opt for the plates.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 23:16:13 »

Happy New Year everyone - hope 2019 brings good health and lots of laughter and love. Can you please provide a diagram oh how to solder these two pieces

Thanks

Offline Starius

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 00:09:04 »
Yeah, I'm gonna want to know that also. ;)

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 00:32:02 »

Happy New Year everyone - hope 2019 brings good health and lots of laughter and love. Can you please provide a diagram oh how to solder these two pieces

Show Image

Thanks

Happy New Year!

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 00:35:44 »

Show Image

Thanks

Show Image

Happy New Year!
How about the mini usb version? Is it any different?

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 00:58:48 »

Show Image

Thanks

Show Image

Happy New Year!
How about the mini usb version? Is it any different?

This is for mini USB version

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 01:09:40 »

Show Image

Thanks

Show Image

Happy New Year!

Sorry, i’m not good at this. These 4 wires, where do they go?

Offline kimwonsik

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 03:35:38 »

The quality of the product is very low.
It is too fragile and easily breakable.
Stand-bolts break even I didn't put much strength on them to screw.
I don't know what to do with them any more...
I wonder if there is a discord for D60.
If anyone knows the address, please please let me know!!!!
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2019, 03:47:33 by kimwonsik »

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 05:32:41 »
****, my PCB isn't working. Not a single key register. I tried using the QMK Configurator with hhkb layout. I compiled and exported the hex file. I flashed the board with the QMK Toolbox but nothing works???