Author Topic: Key puller  (Read 1835 times)

Offline MJmusicguy

Key puller
« on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 11:58:30 »
Recommended brand of key puller because of course my unicomp didnt come with one?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Key puller
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:55:38 »
Just any key-cap puller with wire will do the job don't get the one with the plastic claws they will scratch your key-caps
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline rxc92

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:14:53 »
BS keycaps might need a little more force, so the plastic ring design would probably be better. They’re a few cents or bucks.

Offline mcRewind

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 16:34:21 »
I purchased this from Amazon and worked pretty nicely. Just tossed the keycaps that came with it lol

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:03:24 »
I'll only add on to the plastic ring style ones in that they're sometimes better for oddly-shaped or long caps, like modifiers. The wire ones are better in every way for every other application. They can be kind of awkward for stabilized modifier keys.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 13:03:37 »
You can make your own, of course.

The copper one is my favorite, I used the center wire from an old cable TV cable. (The "handle" is Hot Glue, in case you were about to ask.)
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 13:07:29 »
You can make your own, of course.

The copper one is my favorite, I used the center wire from an old cable TV cable. (The "handle" is Hot Glue, in case you were about to ask.)

You stripped coaxial cable, twisted it, and hot glued a handle? Nice idea. The uses of hot glue have no bounds.

Let me guess on the other one:

Coat hanger, with vinyl tube for the handle?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:21:25 »

Ha Ha, not hardly. Did you mean paper clip? That style takes 2.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:25:52 »

Ha Ha, not hardly. Did you mean paper clip? That style takes 2.

Nice.  :thumb: