Author Topic: GH - DotA2 players  (Read 255312 times)

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: GH - DotA2 players
« Reply #1000 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 16:02:23 »
>Why, I'll probably play this, but nobody else will
I would if I played ranked. I really hate playing all pick, the two games I played today both had pudges in. Yay. I like playing with the small pool of heroes so I can actually choose hah

>bristle aghs - wtf this is useless
I don't think so, I think it's helpful in teamfights, you can slow down everyone for the rest of your team, not just the one bloke you are trying to chase down.

>drow aghs - also pretty useless, drow is all about single target, money is much better spent elsewhere
Again, I don't think so. She still deals 100% of damage to the initial target, and attack modifiers like frost arrows still apply to the splash targets. I think this and bristle's upgrade are trying to make single target heroes better in team fights.

>Reasonable, don't think it really affects his viability too much though.
AFAIK it affects storm's remnants and someone else's too. Possibly earth spirit?

>Legion aghs - This is dumb, practically more useless than the last one was. Still could be used in fights to lock down a spell caster, but removes the ability to smoke gank as a whole team then lock someone down and blow them up
True, but I think it makes it better again in team fights, you can single out a support and not worry about anyone ruining your duel. I dunno, I do think it's still a bit ****ty, but not as bad as it was.

>Lion never gets played. Like literally never. Probably still won't, but we'll see
It never gets banned, but it for sure gets played. Puppey called Lion "the best support that never gets banned". I love playing Lion, and he has got pretty much everything. His Aghs is ****ing nuts.

Yeah, OD and SK are basically dead now.

Boots have gotten a movement speed nerf as well, some people are thinking they might not even be mandatory anymore.

Bristle aghs is decent but its gonna be hard to find a place for it among the items he already needs.

Lol legion aghs is actually OP. You do realize once you snowball you can literally man fight anyone with no fear of losing a duel and you completely lock someone out of a fight. LC aghs is def gonna be core on her - not a first or second item but a 3rd or 4th.

OD and SK were never really picked in the first place. I think sk aghs is still good because slow is huge in team fights. Sure he wont do as much damage but its not like you were getting rampages on sk in the first place.

Boots will still be needed just because of the upgrades (treads phase etc). What it will also do is allow for early roaming supports since they are cheaper.

Offline cseng

« Reply #1001 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 10:31:00 »
>Why, I'll probably play this, but nobody else will
I would if I played ranked. I really hate playing all pick, the two games I played today both had pudges in. Yay. I like playing with the small pool of heroes so I can actually choose hah

>bristle aghs - wtf this is useless
I don't think so, I think it's helpful in teamfights, you can slow down everyone for the rest of your team, not just the one bloke you are trying to chase down.

>drow aghs - also pretty useless, drow is all about single target, money is much better spent elsewhere
Again, I don't think so. She still deals 100% of damage to the initial target, and attack modifiers like frost arrows still apply to the splash targets. I think this and bristle's upgrade are trying to make single target heroes better in team fights.

>Reasonable, don't think it really affects his viability too much though.
AFAIK it affects storm's remnants and someone else's too. Possibly earth spirit?

>Legion aghs - This is dumb, practically more useless than the last one was. Still could be used in fights to lock down a spell caster, but removes the ability to smoke gank as a whole team then lock someone down and blow them up
True, but I think it makes it better again in team fights, you can single out a support and not worry about anyone ruining your duel. I dunno, I do think it's still a bit ****ty, but not as bad as it was.

Thank you.
>Lion never gets played. Like literally never. Probably still won't, but we'll see
It never gets banned, but it for sure gets played. Puppey called Lion "the best support that never gets banned". I love playing Lion, and he has got pretty much everything. His Aghs is ****ing nuts.

Yeah, OD and SK are basically dead now.

Boots have gotten a movement speed nerf as well, some people are thinking they might not even be mandatory anymore.

Bristle aghs is decent but its gonna be hard to find a place for it among the items he already needs.

Lol legion aghs is actually OP. You do realize once you snowball you can literally man fight anyone with no fear of losing a duel and you completely lock someone out of a fight. LC aghs is def gonna be core on her - not a first or second item but a 3rd or 4th.

OD and SK were never really picked in the first place. I think sk aghs is still good because slow is huge in team fights. Sure he wont do as much damage but its not like you were getting rampages on sk in the first place.

Boots will still be needed just because of the upgrades (treads phase etc). What it will also do is allow for early roaming supports since they are cheaper.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #1002 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:18:39 »

I'm talking about pro dota, do you ever watch it? Because I haven't seen lion in a couple months. He's pretty dead right now.

And as for bristle and drow, while their aghs are both "good", there's no doubt about it, you have to remember that they're carries, so it's more of a question of "is this entire expensive item that fills up a slot really worth it versus another tank/damage item". I could see it being worth it VERY situationally on drow. Practically never on bristle (except maybe offlane bristle, which never gets played anymore).
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1003 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:37:38 »
I'm talking about pro dota, do you ever watch it?

Wow. That was kinda rude. I literally quoted Puppey, talking about the hero. He's a player in Team Secret. Not sure if you've heard of them? He used to be in a team called Na'Vi as well, they won something called "The International" a while back.

Admittedly he was talking about the hero a while back, but I think it still stands because he hasn't been changed that much recently. He doesn't get picked because there are heroes that have more to offer than him, that are disablers and something else, or nukers and something else that's a bit more useful, but I don't know why you would pick Shadow Shaman over Lion, but AA, Dazzle, Undying, Venge, Bane all have more to offer like heals, magic invuln piercing, global abilities etc.

And as for bristle and drow, while their aghs are both "good", there's no doubt about it, you have to remember that they're carries, so it's more of a question of "is this entire expensive item that fills up a slot really worth it versus another tank/damage item". I could see it being worth it VERY situationally on drow. Practically never on bristle (except maybe offlane bristle, which never gets played anymore).

I realise that, but saying "these aghs upgrades are useless" is, like you say, situational. On Drow it is essentially another damage item, maybe not as effective as an MKB or S&Y, but it does essentially double your damage in teamfights.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1004 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 18:06:16 »
I'm talking about pro dota, do you ever watch it?

Wow. That was kinda rude. I literally quoted Puppey, talking about the hero. He's a player in Team Secret. Not sure if you've heard of them? He used to be in a team called Na'Vi as well, they won something called "The International" a while back.

Admittedly he was talking about the hero a while back, but I think it still stands because he hasn't been changed that much recently. He doesn't get picked because there are heroes that have more to offer than him, that are disablers and something else, or nukers and something else that's a bit more useful, but I don't know why you would pick Shadow Shaman over Lion, but AA, Dazzle, Undying, Venge, Bane all have more to offer like heals, magic invuln piercing, global abilities etc.

I realise that, but saying "these aghs upgrades are useless" is, like you say, situational. On Drow it is essentially another damage item, maybe not as effective as an MKB or S&Y, but it does essentially double your damage in teamfights.

I guess we need to decide how we are approaching this. What pros will do vs what we will do. I think getting aghs on bristle will wreck pubs. I think getting aghs on drow in both settings will get her wrecked.

Lion has also seen some pro play in the last few months. Although not much. I think lion still has a place in pubs but in pro games there are def. better picks.

But moving on from those specific heroes listed. So far from what I've noticed - riki has been picked a lot but his new skill set is worse than before. The only way to make riki good is to build him like ember spirit.

Arc gets picked just about every game and is super easy to take care of by picking ember or any hero with good wave clear. Honestly, most play him as rat more than anything else.

I've been playing Kotl a lot for fun and winning most of my games. Teams just can't push into him and that buff to his chakra is actually really nice.

Legion has been in most of my games too. She seems to get out of control but at a certain point she just doesn't do much. Thats probably cause my team has had better late game heroes.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1005 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 18:25:40 »
But moving on from those specific heroes listed. So far from what I've noticed - riki has been picked a lot but his new skill set is worse than before. The only way to make riki good is to build him like ember spirit.

Arc gets picked just about every game and is super easy to take care of by picking ember or any hero with good wave clear. Honestly, most play him as rat more than anything else.

I've been playing Kotl a lot for fun and winning most of my games. Teams just can't push into him and that buff to his chakra is actually really nice.

Legion has been in most of my games too. She seems to get out of control but at a certain point she just doesn't do much. Thats probably cause my team has had better late game heroes.

Riki seems like he would be really really good against grouped pushers like PL, brood, Furion, etc. Although I haven't seen the rest of his skills, he will probably se some more play, even though I think he's lost his health regen when he's invis now?

I love KotL. He's got to be one of my favourite heroes, and the extra second on chakra isn't really that bad.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1006 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 18:46:18 »
this WCA scheduling is AIDS get ur **** together china
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1007 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 18:48:53 »

All the casters are fuming about it  :)) It's got to be bad when someone like Tobiwan comes out and says something about how bad the organisation of a tournament is.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #1008 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:14:21 »

Riki seems like he would be really really good against grouped pushers like PL, brood, Furion, etc. Although I haven't seen the rest of his skills, he will probably se some more play, even though I think he's lost his health regen when he's invis now?

I love KotL. He's got to be one of my favourite heroes, and the extra second on chakra isn't really that bad.
Kotl is probably the best pub hero in the game. I guarantee you, any ranked level, pick kotl every game, always stay positive, help your team, and you'll have a net mmr increase.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1009 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:35:35 »
Kotl is probably the best pub hero in the game. I guarantee you, any ranked level, pick kotl every game, always stay positive, help your team, and you'll have a net mmr increase.

Yeah, I can see that. I made one of my two statue thingy blocks into him :) He's ace. Only thing I wish he had was a reliable stun. You don't skill mana burn till late really, and by then it becomes pretty useless unless you are chasing someone down at the end of a team fight.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1010 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 10:14:47 »

AYY lmao. Secret getting 2-0ed by random teams is the most hilarious thing ever.
Pretty sure they don't give 2 hoots bout this tourny no more  ^-^ :))
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1011 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 00:48:46 »
Because I haven't seen lion in a couple months. He's pretty dead right now.

this post..

Offline cseng

« Reply #1012 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 11:57:00 »

What's your MMR?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #1013 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 12:25:19 »

What's your MMR?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline cseng

« Reply #1014 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 16:04:01 »

What's your MMR?

I wish I could share your enthusiasm for Kotl cause it's a super-fun hero. But when wins matter, I fail to see his usefulness. Most of my Kotl games have either been sub-par or had awful early games. Nobody seem to agree on where and how to lane him considering that pubs are less than willing to play around 1 pick (in this case a fricking support hero with no early or late-late potential) and those who, for some reason want to and can do it properly are rare to find. Besides, there are so many better options available.
I'm 5.5k as we speak.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 16:09:42 by cseng »

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1015 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:58:44 »

What's your MMR?

I wish I could share your enthusiasm for Kotl cause it's a super-fun hero. But when wins matter, I fail to see his usefulness. Most of my Kotl games have either been sub-par or had awful early games. Nobody seem to agree on where and how to lane him considering that pubs are less than willing to play around 1 pick (in this case a fricking support hero with no early or late-late potential) and those who, for some reason want to and can do it properly are rare to find. Besides, there are so many better options available.
I'm 5.5k as we speak.

I have to disagree, his skills are extremely easy to exploit under the right circumstances. Split pushing is extremely easy with Recall, Illuminate is one of the strongest spells to have in long team fights, especially with aghs, and Mana Leak actually can be skilled over Illuminate in the early game under the right circumstances as an extremely strong zoning/disabling tool. The effectiveness of a Kotl pick is really decided by the heroes your allies pick, so as a 5th pick he has the potential to pull the odds in your favour in the drafting stage.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #1016 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:44:17 »
I'm 5.5k as we speak.

Well we all better ****ing listen to this guy then.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline cseng

« Reply #1017 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 04:10:57 »
I'm 5.5k as we speak.

Well we all better ****ing listen to this guy then.

4k-kotl gameplay bro = holla dolla so much mmr
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 04:20:01 by cseng »

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 14:14:49 »
Is there a steam page or anyway to see if anyone is on to play?
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1019 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 14:18:45 »
Is there a steam page or anyway to see if anyone is on to play?

Usually just see whoever's on steam then ask/invite I guess.  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #1020 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 14:23:07 »
Is it also appropriate to post here and ask?

We might need a 5th in a little! Bunch of friends around 2.5-3.2k MMR!

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1021 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 15:59:26 »

Guess you could but I don't think many checks in here regularly but no harm trying :D

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1022 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 09:36:52 »

:'( :'( :'(
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1023 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 15:41:47 »
I spent about £18 on cosmetics yesterday :-X

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1024 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 16:06:13 »

Zeus Arcana?  :)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1025 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 16:52:55 »
anyone else been watching the BTS mafia?
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1026 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 04:07:23 »

Zeus Arcana?  :)

No... I bought about ten treasures :) Got some good sets and some horrible sets. Got the Very Rare Rubik set with the particle effect staff and the Treeant set with all the mushrooms which are both awesome.

anyone else been watching the BTS mafia?

Nooo, I don't really get what they are doing... Or which Mafia game they are playing... And why the Dota community is all of a sudden playing a different game =/

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1027 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 18:20:55 »
WHO'S EXCITED FOR SHANGHAI MAJOR QUALS?

43 hour work week !!!
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2016, 18:58:25 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1028 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 18:46:25 »
zzz its going to be forever until the damn thing finally starts...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1029 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 14:28:38 »
When are they going to release the compendium?

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1030 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 15:45:29 »
anyone in australia looking to play? all my friends are currently playing rust so i've been playing less dota, and people in AUS servers don't know how to push towers

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1031 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 19:24:26 »
They should use 1 compendium for majors inbetween TI, that would really save me some monies  :rolleyes:
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1032 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 19:44:31 »

if it's the same as the 1st major one then I'll be skipping it.  :)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1033 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 21:33:13 »

if it's the same as the 1st major one then I'll be skipping it.  :)

probably me too. The last major compendium is so empty not like the TI one. Although i completed my PA set from the 1st Major compendium so i dont regret it too much. And not my pa set is so hawt!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1034 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 22:55:29 »
Going to work soon... who's gonna be up with me?
I love Elzy

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1035 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 23:51:46 »
theyll release it after the qualifiers finish so sometime this or next week if I had to guess

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #1036 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 19:31:49 »
Any sea players want to play together? I will most likely be spamming PA all day because of EE sama. My mmr is 5.5k solo, 5k party, can play normal or ranked. I just want to relax.

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1037 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 20:25:47 »
Any sea players want to play together? I will most likely be spamming PA all day because of EE sama. My mmr is 5.5k solo, 5k party, can play normal or ranked. I just want to relax.

Man, I wish I could but I'm in the UK atm. I could technically play at sea with 200ish ping but the net's good. So my delay isn't that bad. :)
But maybe next time when I get back to Malaysia. Could play smoothly over there.
And wow, it's been awhile since I played rank. I think I got close to 4k last I played. Or a few games away at least.  :confused:

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1038 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 01:00:25 »
I play SEA but im only 3.6k solo mmr also spamming PA, lol. need to get that 100wins with my arcana.

Offline cseng

« Reply #1039 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 09:18:43 »
I play SEA but im only 3.6k solo mmr also spamming PA, lol. need to get that 100wins with my arcana.

EE and his PA streaming sessions <3

Relevant http://oddshot.tv/shot/eternalenvyy-20151227232757732

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1040 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 12:34:37 »

Damn, we have the same set. lol

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #1041 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 06:53:22 »

It's actually because of him that I'm spamming PA. Hahaha just started spamming like few days ago, currently 10 wins 1 lose.. I probably stole his luck.

Man, I wish I could but I'm in the UK atm. I could technically play at sea with 200ish ping but the net's good. So my delay isn't that bad. :)
But maybe next time when I get back to Malaysia. Could play smoothly over there.
And wow, it's been awhile since I played rank. I think I got close to 4k last I played. Or a few games away at least.  :confused:

I could always turn on one of my lower MMR account and play! I think I have a smurf on the side that is around 4.5k or something!  I have around 130 ping to SEA by using WTFast premium, I will only play ranked on SEA.  :p

I have a side account that we can play on! I'm currently at 97 points, 3 more points and I'll get it!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 January 2016, 06:56:33 by trynds »

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1042 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 15:54:34 »
This meta is so weird. Its like going back to almost 6.82 I think? With DP and Razor, but OD has actually come into the pro scene for whatever reason. We thought he was a dead hero, but he's been played a fair bit in these qualifiers.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1043 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 15:55:46 »
I think I like this meta more than 6.85 but that's just my invoker bias. I still await the day Drow is a good hero.
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1044 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 16:25:23 »
I think I like this meta more than 6.85 but that's just my invoker bias. I still await the day Drow is a good hero.

Mmm. I'm not looking forward to having to play him for my all hero challenge... I need to play some bot games as him hah.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1045 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:09:09 »
We should play some casual customs sometimes.
Overthrow/10v10/Imba would be nice. :D

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1046 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:32:00 »
I'm going through my all hero challenge at the moment, thought I would do it to try and get to grips with a few more heroes. So far I've only managed to win with CK, Abaddon, and Shadow Daemon, but I've had quite a bit of fun. I had a LOT of fun with SD, but it only took me one match to win with him so it was very short lived. I did have a very good invoker player which helped, but that brings me on to my next point...

There are a few heroes I am dreading playing. Invoker is one of them. I've played a few bot matches, but mostly I'm having to keep the spell list up to remember what everything is. And then the spells with Quas as their primary don't show everything because my Q is my Caps lock and it says "CAPS LOCK" instead of Q... Anyway. I'm also dreading Storm Spirit, Meepo, Chen, Arc Warden, Spectre and Earth Spirit.

How have you guys been doing in your AHC, if you have been doing it? And are you not looking forward to any heroes in particular?

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #1047 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:48:30 »
I've been trying to raise my solo MMR up.... (I am currently at 2.8k)

Does anyone have some tips? I have about 1500 hours in the game. I was around 3.2k-3.5k for a long time, had a time period where I took a break and when I came back I didn't care too much about MMR so I random and played whatever I like, including support  (I've learned that carries can't really carry at this low of an MMR).

I also learned ember in Ranked (I know, I'm stupid) and lost 10 continuous games in a row, one after another. Looking at Dotabuff, I typically have the highest GPM each game and farm exceptionally well (avg >=50 creeps per minute for majority of early game). Ever since I started trying to raise my MMR, I tend to play mid-lane with Lina, Shadow Fiend, and dominate my lane but doesn't always work out (feeders, carries who cant carry, supports  who try to build carry). I can also play safelane carry (Gyrocopter, PA, Jugg) but have noticed that if I'm not in the mid lane, a lot of the times the other mid will snowball and completely win their team the game.

Seem stuck in the trench here (2.8k-3k). When I was around the 3.2k-3.5k range, everyone seemed to care about MMR, supports would do their job, and team was just more coordinated in general, didn't feed or throw tantrums, fight for mid, and cared about the game. People would draft well instead of randoming or picking a jungler and greedy lineups (4-5 carries). Beginning to get annoyed with the game...
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:51:34 by 1swt2gs »

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1048 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:15:14 »
I've been trying to raise my solo MMR up.... (I am currently at 2.8k)

Does anyone have some tips? I have about 1500 hours in the game. I was around 3.2k-3.5k for a long time, had a time period where I took a break and when I came back I didn't care too much about MMR so I random and played whatever I like, including support  (I've learned that carries can't really carry at this low of an MMR).

I also learned ember in Ranked (I know, I'm stupid) and lost 10 continuous games in a row, one after another. Looking at Dotabuff, I typically have the highest GPM each game and farm exceptionally well (avg >=50 creeps per minute for majority of early game). Ever since I started trying to raise my MMR, I tend to play mid-lane with Lina, Shadow Fiend, and dominate my lane but doesn't always work out (feeders, carries who cant carry, supports  who try to build carry). I can also play safelane carry (Gyrocopter, PA, Jugg) but have noticed that if I'm not in the mid lane, a lot of the times the other mid will snowball and completely win their team the game.

Seem stuck in the trench here (2.8k-3k). When I was around the 3.2k-3.5k range, everyone seemed to care about MMR, supports would do their job, and team was just more coordinated in general, didn't feed or throw tantrums, fight for mid, and cared about the game. People would draft well instead of randoming or picking a jungler and greedy lineups (4-5 carries). Beginning to get annoyed with the game...

if you're playing with uncooperative teammates, I tend to pick heroes who split push well, and continuously force rotations as to avoid fights and allow teammates to farm. For some reason in low mmr trench people are obsessed with fighting even if they have lost the last 3 fights, are one man down, and have 0 items. You really have to drill it into their skulls that pushing wins the game, not jungling until 45min and getting ganked by the anti-mage who's had free farm because you never pressured lanes and then complaining about your ****ty supports.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #1049 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:21:41 »
I've been trying to raise my solo MMR up

Pick KOTL
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.