Author Topic: [GB] (COMPLETED!) Nantucket Selectric  (Read 450023 times)

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
Re: [GB] (CLOSED!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #650 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 10:26:15 »
Might have just not been scanned at the last stop,
Very excited to see this set in pictures!
Is there any information you can give us about extras that will be on sale on clueboard?

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #651 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 10:45:26 »
Just to be clear, we will get a shipping bill later, right?

Sent from a payphone in 1986

Offline outsider

« Reply #652 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 11:08:59 »
Is there any information you can give us about extras that will be on sale on clueboard?

This exactly  :D

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #653 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 11:44:24 »

Those details will come out. In the meantime you should get yourself on the waiting list if you aren't on it yet. (Email info@clueboard.co to get on.) That's where I'll be sending details first.

BTW, if you originally PM'd on reddit to get on that list PM me again with your email. I'm working through PM'ing everyone on reddit but there are like 50 of you and reddit makes me do it one at a time.

Offline Gatix

• #!/bin/sh
  • console.log
« Reply #654 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 12:06:12 »
I might be late but I sent an email to info@clueboard.co to be on the waitlist

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #655 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 12:42:41 »

Those details will come out. In the meantime you should get yourself on the waiting list if you aren't on it yet. (Email info@clueboard.co to get on.) That's where I'll be sending details first.

BTW, if you originally PM'd on reddit to get on that list PM me again with your email. I'm working through PM'ing everyone on reddit but there are like 50 of you and reddit makes me do it one at a time.

I know I emailed you about this a while back, but I just want to confirm. Any updates on whether we can add more kits to our original order to save on shipping? I ended up needing the Specialty Keys and 7u spacebars. Worse come to worst, I can just order it separately when it goes up on clueboard, whatever makes your life easier  :) I just don't wanna miss out on the keys.

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #656 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 12:54:11 »
^Interested in this as well, though particularly for the adapter kit.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #657 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 12:56:24 »
Echoing needing Specialty Keys and a 7u space bar if possible. Also emailed, understandably didn't get a response.  :))

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #658 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 13:03:04 »

Just a quick one before I dive into dealing with 17 boxes of keycaps. (Tomorrow the 18th box will get delivered.) First on the agenda: Counting to make sure everything is accounted for.

I want to let people buy retail sets when they pay for shipping. I'm still figuring out what that looks like.

Offline kwadhera

• My Keycap Shop
« Reply #659 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 13:04:57 »
Looks Great!
Lets hope i snag one in the shop :P

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #660 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 13:06:41 »
That is just stunning

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #661 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 13:20:25 »
Show Image

Just a quick one before I dive into dealing with 17 boxes of keycaps. (Tomorrow the 18th box will get delivered.) First on the agenda: Counting to make sure everything is accounted for.

I want to let people buy retail sets when they pay for shipping. I'm still figuring out what that looks like.
I really can't believe how beautiful it looks irl Skully!
Many keysets have disappointed after production, but this is so amazing.

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #662 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 13:25:32 »
Show Image

holy **** that's incredibly pretty. I sent an email a day or two ago, I should be set for waitlist/ shipping change right?

Offline renzpwns

« Reply #663 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 13:27:53 »
 :eek:

Offline Atredl

« Reply #664 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 13:35:18 »
Show Image

That blue is absolutely stunning skully! I think it will go perfectly with the ink blue zz96 I have coming in  :-*

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #665 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 15:05:51 »
Oh my glob. That's just impeccable. Please, for the love of chocolate, let my waitlist wish come through for me. Time to start praying to ALL the gods; regular, pagan, and assorted miscellaneous.  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 September 2016, 15:09:17 by Hypocaffeinic »

Offline Armstrong01

« Reply #666 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 15:11:17 »
Aand the manual labour begins for Skully and his wife.) Is it 32 pounds of caps, or 32x18 pounds?

Looks great, hype! :)

From the pic, the helm seems to have come out superb, that's the key I've been looking forward to the most, glad it exceeded expectations. Some of the other mods seem thinner in comparison (probably due to significantly less yellow surface), while the enter is kinda different than in the renders, more curvy and slimmer.) But that's just nitpicking and I'm not judgind whether that's good or bad, we shall see in person how it fares all together. I know every set has it's differences due to SP production, especially their designer icon limitations/guidelines, so such miniscule variations to the renders are to be expected. That asterisk though, I wish it had less surface not to seem so bold on white background sets:D edit: it was the potato photo, in better quality photos below it doesnt look that out of place..
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 September 2016, 04:03:59 by Armstrong01 »
Planck | Pok3r ISO-UK | Ducky Premier ANSI-US

Offline IrPOWERranger

« Reply #667 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 16:22:54 »
Skully would you mind just clarifying whether the arrow cluster are all R4, or if the up arrow is R3? Thanks

Offline Armstrong01

« Reply #668 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 18:43:09 »
Skully would you mind just clarifying whether the arrow cluster are all R4, or if the up arrow is R3? Thanks

He said on Reddit after someone spotted that Cape Cod has an R3 up arrow while TKL has R4:
Looks like a mistake in the preview. Thanks for catching that! Cape cod will have an arrow to match the base set.

Source: https://m.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/44a6c6/gb_nantucket_selectric_sa_abs_112344/czoxkco
Planck | Pok3r ISO-UK | Ducky Premier ANSI-US

Offline a-c

« Reply #669 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 21:26:57 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79282.msg2043104#msg2043104

He said on Reddit after someone spotted that Cape Cod has an R3 up arrow while TKL has R4:
Looks like a mistake in the preview. Thanks for catching that! Cape cod will have an arrow to match the base set.

Source: https://m.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/44a6c6/gb_nantucket_selectric_sa_abs_112344/czoxkco

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #670 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 23:18:50 »
Here's another crappy phone pic.

I've counted every single set in my possession, tomorrow I get the last box and will be able to be sure I have everything. So far it's all looking pretty good.

I'm gonna work on taking some good SLR shots now, but I probably won't get them edited and posted tonight. Tomorrow the work of getting these sorted, ready to invoice, and shipped out continues!

Offline Woovie

« Reply #671 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 02:38:15 »
Ah so excited to get mine! I totally didn't realize this until after the fact, but it's themed very similarly to the company  I work for. Their logo is a compass but it's all blue and gold themed.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #672 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 03:21:33 »
It looks great with a red case, glad I took the plunge and sprayed my V80 TKL red in prep! Can't wait to see them in the flesh, they look great.

Offline SlashCamp

« Reply #673 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 05:59:30 »
Goddamn! Words can't express how stoked I am. Great work Skully!

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #674 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 16:10:22 »
Is there UK ISO set?

EDIT: sorry, I saw there is European set.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 September 2016, 16:14:05 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #675 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 19:57:39 »
Good news/bad news time. The good news is that all the sets are accounted for, as are most of the blanks. I also haven't found any major production mistakes so far. The bad news is that not all of the order was there. I ordered 600 R1 Clueboard keys in Nantucket Selectric colors, with the intent to include one in every order. They were not in any of the boxes. I've already raised the issue with Signature Plastics and they're going to let me know when they can make that. Hopefully it will not take too long.

Don't worry that this will delay shipping just yet. I've done the initial count of the key sets and blanks, but I have a lot of work to do still and my first priority is shipping Clueboard orders. I'm dedicating 4 hours/day to Nantucket Selectric work, and a big chunk of that coming up is dedicated to the programming I need to do. I have a lot of stuff knocked out, but in the interest of transparency here is what the roadmap looks like:

• Reconcile orders
  • Move orders out of Google Sheets and into MySQL
  • Modify current nantucket site to pull from MySQL instead of Google Sheets
  • Write feature to add more blanks/child sets to your current order at the retail price
  • Write feature to sell sets to people on the waiting list
  • Push live to production
  • Write feature to pay balance due
  • Push the payment feature
  • People can now pay and receive their NS order

In parallel to this work we will be packing and weighing orders. I want to get these out as quickly as possible, but please keep in mind that it probably won't be as quick as you want. :)

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #676 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 21:06:54 »
i'm guessing that means those of us who need kits are guaranteed to be able to get them? (rather than hope to find them in stock on the website)

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #677 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 21:49:07 »
i'm guessing that means those of us who need kits are guaranteed to be able to get them? (rather than hope to find them in stock on the website)

That's my hope. While I want as many people as possible to get their hands on this, the GB participants believed in and have gone without their money the entire time. I want to reward that if at al possible.

Offline renzpwns

« Reply #678 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 22:28:21 »
That is some great news, hopefully there's enough for me to get what I need.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Re: [GB] (SORTING!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #679 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 03:54:44 »
I spent a bit of time tonight and edited my photos. These aren't my best work, but hopefully they're good enough that you can get an idea what your setup will end up looking like.

Offline Kirfloof

« Reply #680 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 04:38:06 »
Have to say the clarity and openness of this GB has been top notch  :thumb:

Appreciate the efforts to let us add more blanks etc, pretty sure I'll be needing to do so. My Jellycomb numpad isn't the most sensibly arranged.

Really loving that intense blue, I'm hoping it still has that purple edge to it in reality and it's not just my badly calibrated screen teasing me.

Still not sure what I'm spraying my Novatouch with. I had been thinking of a warm metallic or dull silver but it looks so good with that white bezel I might go with a gloss white.

In the meantime, time to camp the inbox for the next few weeks.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #681 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 05:03:24 »
Can't believe how professional you are about this Skully. If I understand you correctly, we will get an email where we can add things to the order and pay the shipping?

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #682 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 06:10:27 »
Balls of the amaze variety. Seriously.  :)

Offline wodan

« Reply #683 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 06:31:28 »
Does that mean we get a chance to add some items from the store to our gb/pre-orders?

You probably hear this every time from me but I must add 7u space bars to my order. You are my only hope.

Offline krisst

« Reply #684 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 06:40:54 »
Would be nice to be able to add any additional orders to GB before shipping, if there are stock. I email skully regarding adding blanks if there are stock, guess the team is really busy sorting stuff out now, still no reply. Looking for spacebars for VE.A

Also, am I the only one that notice the alphas are whiter than expected? Have to see it in person.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #685 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 10:05:35 »
Also, am I the only one that notice the alphas are whiter than expected? Have to see it in person.

I agree when looking at the photo of the fullsize, but the first image looks much better. I would say the Fullsize one is overlit, and the frame being white aswell might be another factor that kills the Cream color in the fullsize picture.

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #686 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 10:46:30 »
easily one of the better buys this year and the set looks dope af

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #687 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 10:51:20 »

I agree when looking at the photo of the fullsize, but the first image looks much better. I would say the Fullsize one is overlit, and the frame being white aswell might be another factor that kills the Cream color in the fullsize picture.

If you look at the very first picture I posted you can see that my WV chip is creamier than what I received in the NS caps. They're definitely whiter than I expected too. However, it's close enough and the set still looks really great.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #688 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 10:59:11 »

If you look at the very first picture I posted you can see that my WV chip is creamier than what I received in the NS caps. They're definitely whiter than I expected too. However, it's close enough and the set still looks really great.
I think these look even better than expected

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #689 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 08:27:51 »
Hey skullydazed, I tried PMing you my email to confirm my place but it seems like I'm blocked for some reason :(

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #690 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 10:49:12 »
So, in person, the white caps are not true white?  Can the finish (cap vs. color chip) on the plastic change the perceived color that much or is it possible SP mixed the wrong color?  I'd like to try to get some of the child sets this time and get the rest of what I need in round 2 (please tell there will be a round 2), but if there's a chance the R2 white caps won't be the same tint of white as the R1 caps, maybe I'll wait for R2.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #691 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 13:07:39 »
Hey skullydazed, I tried PMing you my email to confirm my place but it seems like I'm blocked for some reason :(

Sorry, I had to declare bankruptcy and turn off PM's. I just wasn't able to answer them in any reasonable way. Please email info@clueboard.co where I have a ticketing system to help me keep track of what I need to respond to.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #692 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 13:11:09 »
So, in person, the white caps are not true white?  Can the finish (cap vs. color chip) on the plastic change the perceived color that much or is it possible SP mixed the wrong color?  I'd like to try to get some of the child sets this time and get the rest of what I need in round 2 (please tell there will be a round 2), but if there's a chance the R2 white caps won't be the same tint of white as the R1 caps, maybe I'll wait for R2.

They were never intended to be "true white." :) They are whiter than the chip I have. That may be due to variations in color mixing, or just the age of my chips. Whenever round 2 comes around (keep in mind it may be 2-3 years before you can hold round 2 in your hands) there will likely be minor color variances between R1 and R2. We saw this in 1976, as an example.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
NEW SITE LIVE!
« Reply #693 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 23:58:10 »
I have the new version of the site posted. If you have your order link from one of the invoice emails that still works. If you do not have your order link you can have it emailed to you here:

https://nantucket.clueboard.co/login

I have tested this as much as I am able, but as always bugs may crop up. If you encounter an error please email me (info@clueboard.co) and let me know what you were doing. I will get it fixed up as quick as I can.

Improvements over the original payment site:

• No more google sheet! All data comes from MySQL! Fast! Fast! Fast!
  • It now shows your order breakdown accurately, including how much of a deposit you paid.
  • Page loads are fast!
  • If you are one of the 20 people who overpaid your deposit it highlights how much credit you'll get towards shipping costs.
  • Zippy page loads!

With these updates here is what the roadmap currently looks like:

• Reconcile orders
  • Write feature to add more blanks/child sets to your current order at the retail price

That about wraps it for this Nantucket Selectric update...

Well, there is one more thing: You can now request Child Sets and Blank Keys to be added to your order at retail! To accommodate everyone who has had a change in needs since last March, I've opened up requests for child sets and blank keys. These requests will be filled from the retail inventory.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #694 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 00:32:23 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 September 2016, 00:35:42 by GreyAmbience »

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #695 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 00:36:25 »
I have the new version of the site posted. If you have your order link from one of the invoice emails that still works. If you do not have your order link you can have it emailed to you here:

I have tested this as much as I am able, but as always bugs may crop up. If you encounter an error please email me (info@clueboard.co) and let me know what you were doing. I will get it fixed up as quick as I can.

• It now shows your order breakdown accurately, including how much of a deposit you paid.
  • Page loads are fast!
  • If you are one of the 20 people who overpaid your deposit it highlights how much credit you'll get towards shipping costs.
  • Zippy page loads!

• Reconcile orders

Well, there is one more thing: You can now request Child Sets and Blank Keys to be added to your order at retail! To accommodate everyone who has had a change in needs since last March, I've opened up requests for child sets and blank keys. These requests will be filled from the retail inventory.
Website works excellent!!!
I made a small mistake though, I sent you an email Skully.

Seriously thanks for making this buy so awesome! It couldn't be more pro.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #696 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 00:44:49 »

• Page loads are fast!
  • Zippy page loads!

• Reconcile orders

No email for me :(

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #697 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 00:47:02 »

• Page loads are fast!
  • Zippy page loads!

• Reconcile orders

Did you follow skllys link to the new site and type your email?

Offline krisst

Re: NEW SITE LIVE!
« Reply #698 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 00:53:36 »

Request done. Looks like I underpaid previously for my order. :rolleyes:

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #699 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 00:55:59 »

Your order is special since it's so large. ;)