Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 871080 times)

Offline dean0

What computer games do you play?
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 10 April 2012, 13:23:21 »
Currentley Playing:

-Fifa 12 (with the new Superpatch by Zlatan87)
-BF3 (who isn't?)
-ARMA 2 : Project Reality
-Skyrim
-Batman:AC

Offline modulor

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 13 April 2012, 11:48:31 »
Various games I've been playing over the past few months:

BF3
Bastion
Skyrim
AirBuccaneers HD
Voxatron
Minecraft
SimCity4
TF2
The Ship
Deus Ex: GOTY
Frozen Synapse

Offline GeorgeStorm

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 13 April 2012, 13:18:30 »
I'm playing quite a lot of anno at the moment, have been playing 2070, but recently picked up 2 copies of 1404 gold edition for less than a copy of 2070 so me and my brother can play together, tis good fun :)
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline harrison

« Reply #303 on: Sun, 15 April 2012, 21:36:47 »
Well, I typically delete what i'm not going to return to, or not actively playing.  This is what's installed right now:

Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe (not actively playing)
MineCraft (not actively playing)
Skyrim (not actively playing)
Mass Effect 3 (done)
Diablo3 Beta
Path of Exile Beta
Legend of Grimrock

I was looking at Path of Exile to tide me over while waiting for Diablo 3, since I'm not going to play the beta any more right now, but it's just not quite right for me.  I can't stand the economy of the game, and the excess of unidentified items really pisses me off as a result.  I'm going to uninstall it as soon as I'm typing this post.

I'll end up playing LoG until D3 drops, although if I've not finished it by then, I'll need to wait until I've cleared at least one character through to end-game in D3 before I even think twice about picking it back up.  We'll see how that goes.

I'm holding out for the revised ending for ME3, but once I've played that, I'll likely can it.  I'm going to keep Skyrim around for a while too, since there's so much new content being created... but again, unlikely that I'll even think about touching it again until I've run through D3 a few times.  OpenTTD and MineCraft are lost causes at this point, they're just not too big, and haven't bothered to clear them out since I've got saves all over the place.

What's next, other than Diablo3 (obviously)?

Likely Boarderlands 2, BioShock Infinite, and Torchlight 2.  I love the BioShock series, and I can't wait to play Infinite.  Boarderlands was made significantly better with all the DLC (and this is how DLC should be!), really stoked to play the second one.  I'll play Torchlight 2 after all of the rest, and out of obligation only.  Had it dropped before D3, or even LoG, I'd likely play it through first... but they've missed the boat, and I'm quite disappointed.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 April 2012, 22:01:38 by harrison »
[work]ducky tiger dk-9008G2, cherry mx brown|logitech performance mx
[home]corsair k70 LUX RGB, cherry mx brown|logitech G700s

Offline digitalleftovers

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 16 April 2012, 20:50:28 »
Anyone play Natural Selection? I played NS1 years ago (the half-life mod) and was really excited about NS2.  Even though the alpha released in 2010, it seems to have been floundering until a few weeks ago with the launch of beta 2.  After that I have been able to play for an indefinite period without crashes.  I hope they can get more momentum behind it now than just old NS1 players.  There are certainly a lot more people playing it after their presence at PAX (by a lot, I mean more than 50 at a time).  Still, I think its REALLY fun.
Keyboards:
Filco 104 MX Brown (Otaku) - FKBN104M/NPEK 黒い空
Ducky TKL MX Brown/Blue 80% (White) - 1087-F 白の空
KBC Poker MX Red with PBT Key Caps - PFCN6000

"Consumers use touch screens.  Producers use keyboards."

Offline MyNameIsFinn

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 16 April 2012, 20:54:43 »
League of Legends
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Filco TKL MX Brown

Offline Demofly

« Reply #306 on: Tue, 17 April 2012, 01:34:48 »
After 15k hours of Guild Wars, I will be buying D3 and not AionWars 2.
i5 2300 - 7870Ghz - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 21.5" Acer 1080p
HPE 87 MX Brown + Ducky PBT (purchased from Flip!) | Ducky 1087XM Xiang Min Black ALPS clones.

Offline zirb

« Reply #307 on: Tue, 17 April 2012, 07:43:00 »
^ 15k!? Wow you must have some awesome skill builds

D3 rulz :)

Offline Demofly

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 00:03:40 »
A lot of them are being afk, but I have been playing since release...

The whole point of guildwars was guild based pvp. It was incredible at the time, it converged dota with mmorpgs. With each release anet furthermore transformed the game into just an mmo.

I was part of the beta test krewe, and I can honestly say the pvp in guild wars 2 is completely braindead. With every class having a fortification and heal skill, along with the downed system, it's just everyone balling up and trying to mash their buttons on a single target faster than the enemy to down them. The best way I can describe it is every form of PvP in guild wars 2 is like playing IWAY. It just feels like a token part of the game they added at the end. (because they did)

The pve is pretty expansive and fun, but only if you have friends that play parallel with you.
i5 2300 - 7870Ghz - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 21.5" Acer 1080p
HPE 87 MX Brown + Ducky PBT (purchased from Flip!) | Ducky 1087XM Xiang Min Black ALPS clones.

Offline submarinekitty2

« Reply #309 on: Thu, 26 April 2012, 04:52:24 »
Standard western ARPGs/RPGs (ME, NWN, Elder Scrolls, Diablo, Torchlight, etc.)
Action/Adventure (Ninja Gaiden, DMC, Batman, Assassin's Creed, etc, )
But my forte is fighting games, not that I'm pro-level or anything. I used to frequent arcades back in my high school/college days (I'm all console now).
Filco Majestouch Ninja

Offline stereophonic

« Reply #310 on: Thu, 26 April 2012, 12:02:03 »
StarCraft 2 is my main game but I've been slacking since I got the Dota 2 beta key. Too addictive and fun, but I'd much rather be playing SC2 since I want to get to a highly competitive level.
Another game that I play is Half-Life 2 Deathmatch. Cool game from 2004 but it's very unpopular and not many people play it these days. The ones that are left are good competition though. I also like Left 4 Dead 1 but it also suffers from lack of many people playing it.

Offline fstop

« Reply #311 on: Thu, 26 April 2012, 17:10:47 »
Do we have a league of legends thread? I've searched for it but can't find it.

I'd love to start one so we can get some customs going. GH ARAMAP would be a blast xD
CM Storm Quickfire MX Reds
CM Storm Quickfire MX Blues
Filco Majestouch-2  MX Browns
RealForce 87uw uniform 45g

Offline Bilbin

« Reply #312 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 09:20:41 »
League of Legends with 5 people on Skype using clicky keys would be ravishing.
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #313 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 09:22:13 »
LoL's required APM isn't really high. At least if we talk about key presses. If your mouse makes noise however…

Offline Bilbin

« Reply #314 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 09:27:09 »
We'd get bursts of clickyness and a plethora of mouse clicking, perhaps playing SC2 if we all had 300 APM+
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline feteru

« Reply #315 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 20:16:29 »
Minecraft, and I sort of play SC2 terribly. Time constraints mean I have never really gotten any good at all, sucks

Offline dmbr

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 24 May 2012, 12:13:40 »
I play tf2 exclusively, as playing in the competitive scene more or less requires of me. My
My obsessive quest to find the ideal peripherals is what brought me here :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2012, 17:24:39 by dmbr »

Offline Desu

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 15:15:18 »
SC1/2, Diablo 3, League of Legends :)

Let's do a LoL game together!!

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #318 on: Thu, 31 May 2012, 17:30:44 »
Played Evil Genius till 4 A.M. last night. That game gets away from me.

Found out I somehow owned the Witcher on steam, don't have a clue when i picked that up

Have Civ V Gods and Kings on preorder, looking forward to that!
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #319 on: Sat, 02 June 2012, 03:57:46 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 14:17:14 by davkol »

Offline Malphas

« Reply #320 on: Mon, 04 June 2012, 01:57:40 »
I started playing another Assassin's Creed game (no idea which one, I've lost track of how many they are and what order etc.). very boring, repetitive and more nonsensical storyline I see.

Offline godly_music

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 06 June 2012, 15:10:23 »
Crusader Kings 2 is kickass. Paradox makes some pretty good strategy games.

Offline harrison

« Reply #322 on: Sat, 09 June 2012, 12:02:50 »
I was without internet access for a few days while on vacation.  played a few of my humble bundle 5 games during the kids naps... glad i managed to get them downloaded before i left!  pretty stoked to see braid got added too.

sword and sworcery is awesome, and loving bastion too.  pretty stoked that SMB and Braid got added.

Offline Vermilion

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 15:33:34 »
I used to be on MUDs a lot. Nowadays it's mainly just MAME stuff, shmups. I'd play an MMO if I found one that I like but despite the plethora of titles available these days I haven't.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #324 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 19:43:08 »
Quote from: harrison;610355
I was without internet access for a few days while on vacation.  played a few of my humble bundle 5 games during the kids naps... glad i managed to get them downloaded before i left!  pretty stoked to see braid got added too.

sword and sworcery is awesome, and loving bastion too.  pretty stoked that SMB and Braid got added.

Humble Bundle V is an amazing deal!  I'm tempted to buy it even though I already own everything except Lone Survivor and Sword & Sorcery; they both look pretty awesome for $8.

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #325 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 22:37:36 »
I actually just picked the Humble Bundle up, yesterday.  Figured I couldn't pass up that many great games for the price.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline funxion

« Reply #326 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 23:47:42 »
I believe I already posted here, but here's a quick update:

I bought Diablo 3 last night and ARMA 2 today. I owned OA for some reason without having the general game, so I decided to buy it and plan to play with my brother in his TRU (tactical realism unit). If anyone here is into that kind of thing, PM me here and hopefully we can get you recruited and set up!

Still pubbing CoD4 (promod only) and BO if anyone here is interested in playing either of those with me as well!
Filco Ninja MJ2 TKL

Offline All The Fire

« Reply #327 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 03:40:16 »
I'm getting back into CoD, against my better judgement I guess. Started with some MW3 but quickly went back to Blops, doing some WaW in between too, I really love Treyarchs map designs and I'm starting to get really excited for Blops 2.

Grinding my way through Kingdoms of Amalur too, don't know why but I can just sit and play that for hours on end.

Offline marodox

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 12:03:54 »
Masters Protoss on NA, that takes up most of my gaming time. I like to mix in Diablo 3 as well :D.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
     Das S

Offline postlapsaetia

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 12:07:25 »
I've just been playing CS obsessively. Source mostly, but 1.6 & GO too. A little D3 too. I have a spare GO beta key if anyone wants it.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 12:16:17 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 14:17:22 by davkol »

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 12:22:34 »
BF3 competitively
Anon 2070
ARMA 2 - Mostly vanilla but some DayZ
Mass Effect 1, 2, 3
BFBC2
Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline funxion

« Reply #332 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 12:26:40 »
Quote from: postlapsaetia;611263
I've just been playing CS obsessively. Source mostly, but 1.6 & GO too. A little D3 too. I have a spare GO beta key if anyone wants it.

What are your thoughts on GO? I personally can't stand it coming from CoD. I didn't mind Source, but they're back to the same maps...I just don't understand why they can't develop new ones...
Filco Ninja MJ2 TKL

Offline marodox

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 12:38:12 »
Quote from: postlapsaetia;611262

I would love to take that off your hands for you :P.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
     Das S

Offline All The Fire

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 14:59:22 »
^ If he don't want it anymore, I'll take it.

Quote from: funxion;611274
What are your thoughts on GO? I personally can't stand it coming from CoD. I didn't mind Source, but they're back to the same maps...I just don't understand why they can't develop new ones...
They won't develope new maps cause the majority of people still playing CS don't want new maps, a lot of people still play Dust2 religiously.

Offline funxion

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 15:05:23 »
Quote from: All The Fire;611408
They won't develope new maps cause the majority of people still playing CS don't want new maps, a lot of people still play Dust2 religiously.

That's what I don't understand. It's almost 10 years and people still play it. Oh well, to each his own. I've been playing the same maps in CoD4 for almost 5 years, so I'm not really one to talk haha!
Filco Ninja MJ2 TKL

Offline postlapsaetia

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 16:08:11 »
I like it. Definitely needs some tweaking though. I'd like if they fixed the mouse sensitivity to be numbered. Hopefully a lot is fixed by when it's supposed to be out in August.

Offline postlapsaetia

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 16:11:00 »
Quote from: marodox;611279
I would love to take that off your hands for you :P.

Still want it? First come, first serve! Send me your steam profile.

Offline All The Fire

« Reply #338 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 19:56:22 »
Tempted to sneak in here for it but I'll give this guy some time.

Quote from: funxion;611414
That's what I don't understand. It's almost 10 years and people still play it. Oh well, to each his own. I've been playing the same maps in CoD4 for almost 5 years, so I'm not really one to talk haha!
Yeah but there's what, 16 maps in CoD4, unless you're playing a 24/7 Killhouse or Shipment server you have variety. CS has some great maps that get very little play time, Inferno, Militia, Tides and Piranesi just off the top of my head.

Offline sparc

• http://runningfire.com
« Reply #339 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 19:59:28 »
HoN until I can get my hands on a DOTA2 invite.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline All The Fire

« Reply #340 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 20:03:46 »
Quote from: sparc;611612
I'm not sure if it works like this, but I got an invite from a friend, if that then gives me some invites I'll pass one on to you. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Offline All The Fire

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 12 June 2012, 01:50:36 »
Quote from: All The Fire;611620
Quote from: sparc;611612
I'm not sure if it works like this, but I got an invite from a friend, if that then gives me some invites I'll pass one on to you. I'll check when I get home tonight.
No nothing, sorry.

I do have a copy of Portal 1 if anyone wants it?
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 June 2012, 01:58:57 by All The Fire »

Offline net2522

• lollollollol
« Reply #342 on: Tue, 12 June 2012, 02:01:10 »
Anyone play Max Payne 3 yet?

Offline tylerlong

« Reply #343 on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 09:40:26 »
Hm, well I just installed windows after about 4 years of Linux.
I installed TF2 now that it's free, and I enjoy it. I also play trackmania a little bit.
I like LoL quite a bit, but since I haven't played in a long time I've gotten a little rusty. I have also started playing Combat Arms, I don't know why, but I love that game. I know its kind of crappy, but I get so much joy from playing it.
I just got Nuclear Dawn, and Im going to see how I like that later today.

Offline thnikk

« Reply #344 on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 20:08:22 »
I've been playing the binding of isaac pretty consistently since I got it for free from the christmas thing on steam. THEN I GOT MY GAMEBOY SIGNED BY ED MCMILLEN AT AN IGTM SCREENING AND HIS WIFE SOLD ME A LITTLE ISAAC FIGURE OMGOMGOMG JUST LOOK:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 53797[/ATTACH]

Other than that I've been playing some CS:GO. I used to play a lot of tf2 but I haven't been that into it latey.
Interested in chiptune? Want a gameboy? Check out my shop!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Filco MJ2 TKL

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 25 June 2012, 14:10:35 »
I really love the form factor of the older gameboys, the 3DS just destorys my hands :(

But I pretty much only really play Starcraft 2 lol

Offline mm87

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #346 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 10:04:52 »
Had high hopes for Diablo 3, but it got boring pretty quick.
Still getting my MMORPG fix with WoW, but Guild Wars 2 might change that.

Final GW2 beta weekend before the August 28 release starting tomorrow btw :)
What’s New in the Final Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 10:51:34 »
I just bought Arkham City with all the DLC's on steam for 20 bucks, I also bought NFS Hot Pursuit for 5 dollars, these steam sales are killing my wallet.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 11:07:49 »
D3
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline harrison

« Reply #349 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 11:46:13 »
Minecraft + tekkit right now... i simply don't have the time or attention span to play much else right now.