Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 872353 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3800 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 17:15:14 »
retired, games are ****
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3801 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 17:31:30 »
retired, games are ****

but y u mad?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3802 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 03:04:03 »
Playing through (trying) Catherine on PS3. What a weird game, and almost half not a game at all. Half of it is a anime style love triangle visual novel and... I dunno, bar patron simulator?

But the actual puzzle portions are brutally difficult. Currently just made it past Night 5 and on normal it's still insanely hard. You need to move the blocks perfectly on those Inquisition stages or you're toast, no room for error. It's very frustrating, but also rewarding.

I wish it actually saved when it says "SAVING" though, not like I lost 2 hours of game play or nothing thinking it saved...

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #3803 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 04:50:53 »
Playing lots of morrowind as of late. Still have a Uber **** PC, so I'm sticking with the old but good games.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #3804 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 07:08:08 »
Playing lots of morrowind as of late. Still have a Uber **** PC, so I'm sticking with the old but good games.

play mount&blade warband.... first time i played it i thought i would just try it for 1, maybe 2 hours...

ended up playing 12 hours in 3 days and haven't touched it since... that game is scary

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3805 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 07:16:24 »

play mount&blade warband.... first time i played it i thought i would just try it for 1, maybe 2 hours...

ended up playing 12 hours in 3 days and haven't touched it since... that game is scary
Mount & Blade is tons of fun, so is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare :D

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #3806 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 09:16:29 »

Mount & Blade is tons of fun, so is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare :D

Thinking of buying Chivalry when it goes on sale, so i can go all medieval on my friends lol

Now i'm still stuck with Tree of Savior, with some Unturned on the side. Also thinking about playing Starbound again since its gone 1.0
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline PQStarLord

« Reply #3807 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:05:29 »
A lot less than I used to... big hyped PS4 games usually.  I used to play Ultima Online and really wish there was something like that now.

Offline wngmv

• Praise the sun!
« Reply #3808 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:15:11 »
Picked up the latest Humble Bundle. Bought it for Battleborn, stayed for Spec Ops: the Line.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #3809 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:14:03 »

I happen to have something like 350 hours clocked in on M&B Warband.

The mods...so many mods.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3810 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:51:17 »
Picked up the latest Humble Bundle. Bought it for Battleborn, stayed for Spec Ops: the Line.
I'd consider Spec Ops: The Line the 'hidden' gem of that bundle.
I have another friend who found that to be the most enjoyable game he got from the bundle. He originally got it for NBA (which he uninstalled in a fit of rage  :)) )

Offline wngmv

• Praise the sun!
« Reply #3811 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 13:01:38 »
I'd consider Spec Ops: The Line the 'hidden' gem of that bundle.
I have another friend who found that to be the most enjoyable game he got from the bundle. He originally got it for NBA (which he uninstalled in a fit of rage  :)) )

I have heard some really good things about spec ops: the line. This game and Borderland the pre-sequel (still haven't played BL2) was the two games that convinced me to get the bundle. I'm not really interested in the rest of it (installed Battleborn of course).

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #3812 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:07:18 »
Just installed Fallout 4 over the weekend.  I didn't choose wisely with my initial build, so I'm wondering if it might just be faster to start over and lose the 12 hours I've put into it.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #3813 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:12:25 »
Im a bit behind the ball, but I just picked up hyperlight drifter. Brutally hard, but fun, and the game looks/sounds beautiful.  :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3814 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 16:02:00 »
Im a bit behind the ball, but I just picked up hyperlight drifter. Brutally hard, but fun, and the game looks/sounds beautiful.  :thumb:

I have heard very good things about that game.

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #3815 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 10:58:52 »
Dabbling with some DOS games lately. A little bit of Wolfenstein 3D, Heretic, Star Wars Dark Forces, Quake: Hypnotic Mod, even some Lost Eden :) <3 Abandonware

Are you using an emulator?  I had several floppy disks full of custom doom wad files (levels, weapon mods, etc) that became unreadable so I lost them.  I still have a few compact discs with custom maps (picked up in stores).  I thought about breaking them out, but I don't know if I want to go that far just to be disappointed (after being spoiled with high end graphics games for so long).

They do have the Ultimate collection on Steam, not the exact same trip as playing on OG floppys but the game is the same and optimized for modern systems. Doom II is still fun as ever-livin' Hell!

Oh hell, you said Doom wad files. I saw wad files and blanked out for a minute whoops :-[ Yea if you want to emulate it runs just fine in DOSBox

(Attachment Link)

Haha - I guess I can always run it on my kids' minecraft box.  I might have to break them out when I have the house to myself and a lot of beer.

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #3816 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 11:00:20 »

I bought the Mount & Blade bundle when it was on sale a while back.  I used to have it and it seemed fun but the combat system left a lot to be desired.  I think I did the same thing as you - binged for several hours and never looked back.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3817 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 23:20:29 »
what are some gucci single player games I could play on my surface pro 3 during my bus ride to montreal, i have the max spec version
I love Elzy

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #3818 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 02:48:25 »
currently playing monster hunter generations on 3ds.

also, more dota 2 as per usual, finally hit the 1k hr mark

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #3819 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 04:30:08 »
Started playing Stardew Valley a couple days ago.. and now I can't stop.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3820 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 05:07:02 »
Started playing Stardew Valley a couple days ago.. and now I can't stop.
That game is crack.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3821 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 07:02:25 »
what are some gucci single player games I could play on my surface pro 3 during my bus ride to montreal, i have the max spec version

Heroes 3  :-X
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3822 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 21:06:49 »
Played some No mans Sky earlier today.

Wow. What a complete and utter disappointment and a real chore to play. Basically a prettier but less engaging and very buggy Minecraft. If you were really looking forward to this one I would maybe wait until it goes on sale, you won't get but a couple hours out of this title in its current state.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3823 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 23:13:52 »

Wow. What a complete and utter disappointment and a real chore to play. Basically a prettier but less engaging and very buggy Minecraft. If you were really looking forward to this one I would maybe wait until it goes on sale, you won't get but a couple hours out of this title in its current state.
It seems like most of the things they advertised actually weren't present at launch.
They're going to be adding stuff via patches afaik - still though I am not paying premium price for a game that has very little to do.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3824 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 05:56:59 »

It seems like most of the things they advertised actually weren't present at launch.
They're going to be adding stuff via patches afaik - still though I am not paying premium price for a game that has very little to do.

I was pretty bummed to read about what the guy with the leaked copy had to say regarding the game. Talk about a $1000 disappointment. I might jump on after a year and see how things are

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3825 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 06:22:25 »

I was pretty bummed to read about what the guy with the leaked copy had to say regarding the game. Talk about a $1000 disappointment. I might jump on after a year and see how things are
Probably not a bad idea to do. Wait I mean.
I don't think I'll even consider it before there's bounty hunting in the game.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3826 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 06:14:29 »
So the new Ghost in the Shell FPS is actually pretty good. It's in open beta right now and free to play, got lots of characters from the series to play as including some others, and it uses the original English voice actors as well from the sounds of things.

It's pretty good and you even get a Tachikoma to play as too  :-X
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3827 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 06:26:51 »
bout to rage quit everything and go back to starcraft, street fighter's too hard.
I love Elzy

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3828 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 08:23:24 »
bout to rage quit everything and go back to starcraft, street fighter's too hard.

Git gud
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3829 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 09:07:19 »
Every game comes down to pattern memorization in the end...

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3830 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 09:44:28 »

Git gud

+1 Wisdom pts

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #3831 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 14:05:57 »
I've got a beast of a gaming rig and I just keep going back to League. I don't even enjoy the games that much... I just keep going back.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Venediction

« Reply #3832 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 03:15:41 »
Recently bought the Mad Max game from the mid-week sale on steam.

Blown away by how awesome the game is. From all the good things I heard about Just Cause series, I knew the Mad Max game would be just as good. I've always been an online player, so it was nice to get into the single-player story-mode game again.

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer
« Reply #3833 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 05:32:23 »
I got a vive about a month ago, I'm still obsessed with that. Been playing a lot of out of ammo on it.

|        IBM M         |      Wasd V1      |   GH60    | KBC Poker | GHPAD |

WANTED:Nada have all I want for now!

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #3834 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 20:45:36 »
I recently picked up Dark Souls III, and it's my first Souls game. I seriously suck at it, but it's really fun regardless; I think it's the first RPG in a while that I've really enjoyed.
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #3835 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 21:30:30 »
I recently picked up Dark Souls III, and it's my first Souls game. I seriously suck at it, but it's really fun regardless; I think it's the first RPG in a while that I've really enjoyed.

I recently finished my first play through of this game. I loved it. It was also my first souls game and the combat was hard to get used to as it is really punishing. Super rewarding to beat the bosses in this game.
Biking is fun.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3836 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 07:02:21 »
Friends got me playing World of Warcraft again. I actually really like this expansion.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #3837 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 07:04:55 »
Friends got me playing World of Warcraft again. I actually really like this expansion.

Heard lots of good things. I played during MoP and my friends have been trying to convince me to come back an play, but I like my social life currently. I suck at doing things in moderation; it's all or nothing :(
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3838 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 07:08:39 »

Heard lots of good things. I played during MoP and my friends have been trying to convince me to come back an play, but I like my social life currently. I suck at doing things in moderation; it's all or nothing :(
I had a friend who's a lot like you then. :D He had two weeks off from work and spent them both playing WoW.

Offline Jesse36m3

« Reply #3839 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 10:34:53 »
Been noobstomping in Overwatch lately. Fun game.

Always have GTA on the backburner along with Planet Coaster.

Offline Grona

« Reply #3840 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 13:19:21 »
Lately i've been playing FFXI, hearthstone, and checking out the new WoW expansion. Currently i'm waiting on the new Dark Souls 3 DLC to come out.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3841 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 15:39:20 »
Yep, I just installed WoW. Plays on Mint like a champ. Now I'm a Horde newb that was once an Alliance newb :D

Offline Kronos32

• If you don't have time, make time.
« Reply #3842 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 02:48:51 »
I've been absolutely hooked on Battlefield 2142, from the very day the released the revival.
I thought it was solely going to be a nostalgia thing when I realsed how much I actually loved the game.

Sure, it's a bit buggy at times, but still just as fun as it was ten years ago!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3843 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 09:06:07 »
I've been absolutely hooked on Battlefield 2142, from the very day the released the revival.
I thought it was solely going to be a nostalgia thing when I realsed how much I actually loved the game.

Whoa, I didn't realize how old that game is.  :eek:  I remember playing Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, etc, and looking forward to 2142.  Makes me feel just a little bit older.  :))

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #3844 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 10:23:32 »
Overwatch, H1Z1 ATM

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3845 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 11:23:29 »

I liked the game,  but at THE TIME, my gpu actually wasn't up to snuff to play it fully. hahahaha

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3846 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 20:27:17 »
Got gifted Terraria by someone who wants me to play in their weekend game and I don't have the heart to tell them it's basically every mechanic I cannot stand and makes me unhappy all in one game.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3847 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 23:55:56 »
I won a copy of Gears of War 4 for PC, downloading now.
It's going to take a couple of days to download on my connection, it's 70+ gigs!

Offline glack23

« Reply #3848 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 22:34:57 »
Currently playing WOW and the new expansion  ;D

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #3849 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 19:15:30 »
Well, I'm back on dota2 when I can play.

Got some good **** on Rocket League (Heatwave BM decal, Dominus GT, Orange sunbursts and forest green sunbursts) that I wanna trade for Dota2 items.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.