Author Topic: Any Ideas?  (Read 3072 times)

Offline MsKeyboard

Any Ideas?
« on: Thu, 21 May 2009, 11:16:26 »
Cleaned out our old inventory a few months ago and kept some of the more colorful remnants.

Any ideas of things to do with these?  Thought our local school might want them for art projects, but there does not seem to be much interest.

Later.......Ms Keyboard

Offline MsKeyboard

Any Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 May 2009, 12:13:40 »
It's about 65 lbs of keys, with a fair mixture of Alps - Cherry - Keytronics, and about half with some sort of printing, mostly custom.  Not quite sure if it would be worth your trouble.  Shipping to L.A. area would be about $27 per 30 pound box.

I saw a car on the internet once covered in keys, was thinking more along those lines.  Later.......Ms Keyboard

Offline rdjack21

Any Ideas?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 May 2009, 12:37:36 »
Man that can of keys looks like fun! And to be honest $50~$60 to ship is not bad and may actually be worth it. The big question is what would be the reaction of my wife when they showed up :brick:
It might be worth getting them just to see the look on her face when they showed up :lol:

I have to think about this..
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline watduzhkstand4

Any Ideas?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 May 2009, 12:40:39 »
I am only interested with the cherry caps =P
KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2
Cherry Brown Compaq mx11800
Dell AT101W
Cherry Red Leopold 104-key Otaku FC500RR/ABN

Offline MsKeyboard

Any Ideas?
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 May 2009, 12:44:53 »
Wish I had found this site months ago when we moved.  Threw away THOUSANDS of blank Cherry's.

I guess that I am going to hit up the schools one more time, with summer programs coming up they may be inclined to be more interested.

We had a local who used to collect dolls and stuffed toys for the kids, and he hot glued all the left over parts to his hood, then roof, then trunk, and was working his way down the sides before he died.  It was kind of eerie seeing him coming down the road, but the kids went nuts!

Later.......Ms Keyboard

Offline o2dazone

Any Ideas?
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 May 2009, 13:01:46 »
Quote from: MsKeyboard;91941
Wish I had found this site months ago when we moved.  Threw away THOUSANDS of blank Cherry's.

Offline MsKeyboard

Any Ideas?
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 May 2009, 14:03:41 »
Regardless of what you hear, there is only a handful of companies molding keys, and fewer every year.  They are a product that gets moved around alot!

And while I can't speak of the quality of other sites keys, ours have always been of the highest quality.  With the amount of time and effort that we put into custom printing we cannot afford to use sub-standard keys.

We sell blank key keyboards, but have not had much interest in blank key sets.  Maybe we should look into stocking those if there is that much interest.

We are checking into stocking a blank key HHKB since that seems to be one of the favored boards.  Will let you know what we find.

Later.......Ms Keyboard

Offline IBI

Any Ideas?
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 May 2009, 14:41:43 »
On the original subject some sort of water sculpture/fountain would be cool, the ones with a few large containers have always been a bit dull, but you've got thousands of tiny troughs that could go in many winding paths.

Alternatively, you've got a fair number of long keys there so perhaps you could make a piano keyboard using computer keyboard keys.

There are plenty of geeky projects you could do like building a computer case out of them or making them into clocks with the long ones as hands and any number ones as the digits.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline o2dazone

Any Ideas?
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 21 May 2009, 14:53:11 »
Quote from: MsKeyboard;91953
Regardless of what you hear, there is only a handful of companies molding keys, and fewer every year.  They are a product that gets moved around alot!

And while I can't speak of the quality of other sites keys, ours have always been of the highest quality.  With the amount of time and effort that we put into custom printing we cannot afford to use sub-standard keys.

We sell blank key keyboards, but have not had much interest in blank key sets.  Maybe we should look into stocking those if there is that much interest.

We are checking into stocking a blank key HHKB since that seems to be one of the favored boards.  Will let you know what we find.

Later.......Ms Keyboard

Please do keep us posted. There's a few things in the pipeline here on the board, but nothing solid just yet. I don't think I'm the only one that would buy a couple sets for the Cherry boards.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Any Ideas?
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 22 May 2009, 09:57:08 »
I'd love to see a blank set of WHITE HHKB Pro keycaps.  (not the two-tones you get from PFU, but ALL white)