Author Topic: Re-Create the DataHand - Thumb cluster under development. Project 75% done.  (Read 170381 times)

Offline ldwoodworth

I remember seeing one of the original Datahands as a child and wanting to try it, but never got the chance. I'd love to get one of these if they become available! Currently working on making an Ergodox.

Offline feeQs

Re: Re-Create the DataHand - Thumb cluster under development. Project 75% done.
« Reply #651 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 16:01:21 »
Hey guys, it's almost a year since your last activity, is the work still going? There're plenty of fancy new keyboards on the market but none of them beats the DodoHand's potential. If you need any kind of help to keep it going just tell me.

Online templanet

I hate registering on forums but rediscovering the DataHand again, while reading about the split keyboards made me do it. The split keyboards I see people getting so excited about just seem like a rehash of an old idea. Those DataHand people thought outside the box, but were too far ahead of their time unfortunately.   :(

If 3D printing doesn't work yet, how about using traditional molds for the keys? Ask a factory in China to make them out of aluminium. Or get a local old school metal worker to make them. :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 April 2018, 14:34:22 by templanet »