Author Topic: Built-in Breathalyzer.  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Vloshko

Built-in Breathalyzer.
« on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 11:30:35 »
How would one make a keyboard with a built-in breathalyzer? So this way one would have to blow in order for it to become operational?

This thing keeps happening to me while I'm drunk, where I think I have this great/hilarious Idea and I should post it on Facecrack, and then I'm wrong,  then regret sets in the next time I wake up.
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Built-in Breathalyzer.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 12:10:26 »
I don't know, but I just wanna take this post to register how weird that is.

Good luck.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 12:11:17 »
Stop using Facebook and post your regretful ideas to Geekhack off topic. Bam, profit.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 12:17:45 »
Stop using Facebook and post your regretful ideas to Geekhack off topic. Bam, profit.

TP4 would be proud
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 12:26:38 »
If the regret or embarrassment isn't enough to stop you from repeating, there's no stopping you.

You'll get another board, post from your phone, use a laptop, etc.

Spamming off topic here seems like the best solution next to regulating your intake.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:25:50 »
But this isn't off topic, I seriously want to install a breathalyzer into one of my keyboards. So it will only operate with blowing zeros. I want to make this, I thought some keyboard guru/genius could provide insight on how to actually make this work, I know they do it in vehicles so it must work with other electronics.
Keycap Compendium

Key Cap Wishlist

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 15:00:35 »
Building it into the keyboard would take either a major modification of an existing keyboard or a entirely custom PCB. Wouldn't be easier to put your analyzer in series between USB port and keyboard?
Also, this might give you something to start with.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 18:01:39 »
If the regret or embarrassment isn't enough to stop you from repeating, there's no stopping you.

This.

Taking this as a serious question..
You aren't stopping the problem, you're only stopping a symptom of a bigger problem, and that problem is drinking.

Not a problem you say?
Tell me again about how you want to put a breathalyzer in your keyboard to stop you from drunk posting. Obviously you can't control yourself when drinking, which tells me you can't control your drinking either. Stop/reduce it while you're young, it will only get harder as you get older, not to mention the effects on your body and life.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 18:20:05 »

This.

You aren't stopping the problem, you're only stopping a symptom of a bigger problem, and that problem is drinking.

Not a problem you say?
Tell me again about how you want to put a breathalyzer in your keyboard to stop you from drunk posting. Obviously you can't control yourself when drinking, which tells me you can't control your drinking either. Stop/reduce it while you're young, it will only get harder as you get older, not to mention the effects on your body and life.

This, 100%. I have seen a lot of people throw away careers due to alcohol and drugs, both in the civilian job market and military.

Please seek the help you need for the underlying problem.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 22:51:15 »

Not a problem you say?

You're taking this in a far more serious direction than my question was intended to be. I just want to hook up a breathalyzer to a keyboard in some way for my own reasons. I don't have a drinking problem and generally only drink when religiously obligated to do so. Thank you for your concern nonetheless.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 March 2017, 22:54:57 by Vloshko »
Keycap Compendium

Key Cap Wishlist

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 23:02:28 »

This, 100%. I have seen a lot of people throw away careers due to alcohol and drugs, both in the civilian job market and military.

Please seek the help you need for the underlying problem.

...ווען די גוי טראַכטן איך האָבן אַרויסגעבן מיט טרינקט באזירט אויף ווערטער דורך די אינטערנעט
Keycap Compendium

Key Cap Wishlist

Offline kolec94

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 10:30:32 »
arduino usb pass through module with a breathalyze should do the trick
you can take this:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80421.0
and adjust it a bit and it will work

kbparadise v60 blues

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 13:58:45 »
I don't have a drinking problem and generally only drink when religiously obligated to do so.

What religion obligates you to get drunk enough to post stupid **** on social media?
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 15:52:20 »
I don't have a drinking problem and generally only drink when religiously obligated to do so.

What religion obligates you to get drunk enough to post stupid **** on social media?

When you haven't seen a friend in years and he wants to get wasted as a reunion

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 18:14:28 »

As you get older you find it's far less of a requirement.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline nugglets

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 18:26:58 »

He's probably talking about Purim, which just passed a couple of weeks ago.

Though it's not actually a religious obligation, it's the common route.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 18:38:37 »

As you get older you find it's far less of a requirement.

Depends where you live, don't think anyone in northern Ontario is ever gonna not do that.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 07:13:08 »
TIL

163830-0

Offline dantan

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 10:00:20 »
simple solution: build an alcohol fuelled keyboard.

Then you will drink less, because you will have to pour your liquor into your keyboard to keep it working!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 14:21:40 »
Depends where you live, don't think anyone in northern Ontario is ever gonna not do that.

Same for houghton, when winter is at least 6mo long people tend to drink more.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 14:22:59 »

Same for houghton, when winter is at least 6mo long people tend to drink more.

Yup. I have to not hang out with people these days, I don't want to be a drunk anymore

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 19:44:40 »

From his bio:

I'm currently studying to be a rabbi and I'm an observant Jew (no electronics during Shabbos FYI)

I'm curious what part of Judaism requires getting shwasted? 
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u