Author Topic: [IC] Varmilo V68M Keyboard Kit  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
[IC] Varmilo V68M Keyboard Kit
« on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 04:18:57 »
Please forgive the formatting, i come from Reddit D:
---
After a successful Aristotle GB on Reddit, my sister and I are considering running a keyboard GB before having an Aristotle R2 for Reddit AND Geekhack this time around.

If you would prefer to see an Aristotle R2 before going into a keyboard kit IC/GB, then please feel free to say so in the comments!! If there are enough people wishing to see an Aristotle R2 first, we shall do it before this V68M! :)

Please NOTE: If this IC does go through, it will NOT start for about 1 month due to my sister and I's school exams.   
---   
This would be a KIT. Not a fully assembled keyboard.    
Base kit would be an estimated $110.        
This is NOT a final price 
---   

Base kit will include the following:   
- Aluminum Case   
- Aluminum Top
- Stainless Steel Plate
- V68M PCB

If the demand/request is there, we can also make available the following add-ons.   
- Switches     
- LEDs 
- Keycaps   
- Anodized Aluminum Feet 
- Stabilizers *(This is a maybe, as we are not 100% sure we will be able to have our vendor supply this)* 
---   

INTEREST CHECK FORM HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/IaLHLhKQMOYrNeY93
--- 

Not everything that we would want to list as options are on the form (especially switches) because we are not 100% sure we would be able to supply switches other than the listed options.  

So please do not be offended if your preferred parts are not on the form. We just simply did not wish to feed false hopes/expectations for what may come.   

---   
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES   

- Shipping costs will NOT be charged during the initial invoicing. 
     - Shipping cost estimates will still be provided during the GB start so that you guys arent left in the dark as to what you will be paying.   
---   
Let me know in comments or PM if there are any questions
--- 

Thanks everyone!!

Komatoz 
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
Re: [IC] Varmilo V68M Keyboard Kit
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 04:39:08 »
Hey, you're also on GH, hi! :)

Not too interested in the V68M itself but just curious if the stabs are genuine Cherry stabs or Chinese copies. I'd love to buy in-screw genuine Cherry stabs for a Winkeyless build and maybe some more Aristotles on top.

I was part of the Aristotle GB R1 and I'd highly recommend Komatoz! A lot of status updates, very responsive and the packaging was also superb!

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 05:24:16 »

Not too interested in the V68M itself but just curious if the stabs are genuine Cherry stabs or Chinese copies. I'd love to buy in-screw genuine Cherry stabs for a Winkeyless build and maybe some more Aristotles on top.

I was part of the Aristotle GB R1 and I'd highly recommend Komatoz! A lot of status updates, very responsive and the packaging was also superb!

Ooohh heeyy~
Well...I try to be LOL. I find it so hard to know when I get notifs and stuff :/

If I can get my hands on stabs they will most definitely be genuine cherry stabs. Been trying to get ahold of some for about a month now. Still hoping and looking.

If not the V68M would you prefer a different size keyboard kit if the option was available? (ie: 40/60/TKL etc)   :O

Thanks for the support and kind words!

I really tried my best for the Aristotle R1. Will continue to try and keep the transparency and constant updates going in all future GBs  :3

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:45:29 »
Any chance to have option to upgrade to magnesium case?

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:53:02 »
Any chance to have option to upgrade to magnesium case?

I hope to get that option, but at this point I sadly can not make any promises D:

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:52:03 »

Ooohh heeyy~
Well...I try to be LOL. I find it so hard to know when I get notifs and stuff :/

If I can get my hands on stabs they will most definitely be genuine cherry stabs. Been trying to get ahold of some for about a month now. Still hoping and looking.

If not the V68M would you prefer a different size keyboard kit if the option was available? (ie: 40/60/TKL etc)   :O

Thanks for the support and kind words!

I really tried my best for the Aristotle R1. Will continue to try and keep the transparency and constant updates going in all future GBs  :3
It's more that I don't really like Varmilo's design choices. And generally speaking I'm more looking for Kustoms.

Iirc, MD sells the Varmilo V68M every now and then, so I'm not too sure how many enthusiasts are actually into that keyboard right now at least. I can only assume that MD is still a bit more convenient than joining GBs on /r/mk or GH. Good luck though. If you should find genuine Cherry in-screw stabs, please let me know.