Author Topic: Hello! Saying WHAT'S UP from SoCal!  (Read 2232 times)

Offline carlanthony

• DIVINIKEY INC.
    • Divinikey Inc
Hello! Saying WHAT'S UP from SoCal!
« on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 01:59:25 »
What's up GeekHack!

I recently dabbled into the wonderful abyss of custom mechanical keyboards within the last couple months. Initially, I thought I was at the be-all-end-all with my Ducky One 2 Mini with my super cool Cherry MX Browns . Prior to this, I was came from Razer Keyboards (which at the time I thought were the pinnacle of mechanical keyboards). Come to find out, there was a literal endless world of absolutely more than that! Recently, I hopped on KBDfans BFCM sale (right at 5:20AM when the recent drop happened) and purchased the KBD67 MKii with hotswappable switch PCB and Zealios V2 67g switches. Now I am on the hunt for a key cap set that would work well with the Dark Blue chasis!

I'm extremely excited to dabble into this new hobby. With my extremely addictive personality, I tend to dive in deep with any of my interests. Whether it be cars, gaming, or now mechanical keyboards - I just have to learn everything!

I look forward to all the future discussions with keyboard enthusiasts like you!

Have a good one, GeekHack!

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: Hello! Saying WHAT'S UP from SoCal!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 19:36:47 »
Welcome :)

I think there's a SoCal meetup soon 🧐

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline JinTea

Re: Hello! Saying WHAT'S UP from SoCal!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 20:11:45 »
Nice, I really considered getting a hotswappable board for my first one so it's easier to try different combinations out, but.. Ended up just going on the deep end of pricey boards, and now I have to wait an extra few months on it..

How are the Zealios v2's? Do you plan on sticking with tactiles for now or trying out linear switches next? :o