Author Topic: Aluminum alloy anodizing shell for poker and race round 2,finished,start package  (Read 135114 times)

Offline korne

• comscan
Aluminum alloy anodizing shell for poker and race round 2,start paying
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 09:53:01 »
If its there any posibility to buy 1 case plz send me PM imsto

Offline stephenpark

Re: Aluminum alloy anodizing shell for poker and race round 2,start paying
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 10:05:37 »
If its there any posibility to buy 1 case plz send me PM imsto

Hey korne, it is easy to send PM to imsto for ask any possibility of extra order. Although I've sent personal e-mail to him and get answer at least 2 or 3 days later, sometimes a day only. It is easy way to communicate with him privately if you prefer to do it.
Anyway you can find his email address through his profile, I believe. (What I've noticed is that imsto hasn't come every day so it is fastest way to communicate with him)
KBT Race with 48g white stem, Yellow SMD type double LED each key, Black aluminum plate included ^^

Offline Batmann

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 15:27:29 »
PAID!  ;D

happy happy

10 days on geekhack, 250$ spent... virus is spreading

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 19:18:44 »
/crosses fingers for extra green cases.

Offline frankbartoli

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:35:29 »
paid!
one metal gun for race  :-*

Offline Glissant

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 13:37:55 »
Any news on this group buy?

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 13:41:27 »
3-6 weeks production time from payment.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 13:46:00 »
As there are still unpaid invoices according to the first post, and Imsto said the production would start after all payments were made, that could be February if the payments are in January.
It would be nice to hear something from the actual organizer.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #208 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 13:52:00 »
Hmm actually imsto was expecting you to just make payment to the paypal account he stated in the pm you received. Its how many many of the gbs are run here.

i've been part of a heap of GBs since i've been here and every single one have issued actual paypal invoices, dont see the issue with doing that?

anyway if thats the case and he can't be bothered to issue an actual invoice so we have a record that we are paying for a product we expect delivery on im just gonna cancel.

i'll gladly get out of the gb then if you guys are happy to do it in such an unprofessional way kudos to you.

I feel ya.  I've had mixed results as far as invoicing goes.  Most people do it but a few don't.  I've participated in imsto's group buys before and felt slightly miffed about communication issues, but I got my products 100% okay every time and expect the same in this group buy.  I would say I have a similar experience across the board dealing with our vendors and GB-runners out of Asia on this site.  I've yet to be ripped off though.

Basically I'm saying that the seller here has a good reputation and has as far as we know up to now been trustworthy - the issue is standard of service.  Given the limited availability of this kind of product, it's something a lot of us are willing to put up with but I can understand not everyone feels that way.  I had a similar reaction to yours (as did other folks) in another group buy run by someone else on the site.

thanks for the info, yeah i know he can be trusted but the simple fact for me is he is providing me with a commitment to send a product, i want a proper invoice, not just a few words typed in a pm on a forum. just makes things easier all round and in the unlikely event that anything happens paypal have all the info instead of just a "gift" payment.

and for the record he could be god for all i care i dont trust anyone when it comes to financial dealings, online or otherwise.

either way im out of this GB. gl to everyone else
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 October 2012, 13:54:49 by rayuki »

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #209 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 15:16:30 »
As there are still unpaid invoices according to the first post, and Imsto said the production would start after all payments were made, that could be February if the payments are in January.
It would be nice to hear something from the actual organizer.

He did post this:
all the casing'd been CNCing   
it's not a quick job. 

Not sure if that means production began. After all, he is selling on his taobao also so I guess he doesnt care if he ends up a few cases extra.

But yeah, clarification would be nice.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 15:53:03 »
Well, that works as an update I guess. Thanks, Cindori =).

Looking forward to getting these in house. I hope they mark the shipments well so I don't have to pay ridiculous amounts in customs fees =p.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:24:22 »
Hmm actually imsto was expecting you to just make payment to the paypal account he stated in the pm you received. Its how many many of the gbs are run here.

i've been part of a heap of GBs since i've been here and every single one have issued actual paypal invoices, dont see the issue with doing that?

anyway if thats the case and he can't be bothered to issue an actual invoice so we have a record that we are paying for a product we expect delivery on im just gonna cancel.

i'll gladly get out of the gb then if you guys are happy to do it in such an unprofessional way kudos to you.

I feel ya.  I've had mixed results as far as invoicing goes.  Most people do it but a few don't.  I've participated in imsto's group buys before and felt slightly miffed about communication issues, but I got my products 100% okay every time and expect the same in this group buy.  I would say I have a similar experience across the board dealing with our vendors and GB-runners out of Asia on this site.  I've yet to be ripped off though.

Basically I'm saying that the seller here has a good reputation and has as far as we know up to now been trustworthy - the issue is standard of service.  Given the limited availability of this kind of product, it's something a lot of us are willing to put up with but I can understand not everyone feels that way.  I had a similar reaction to yours (as did other folks) in another group buy run by someone else on the site.

thanks for the info, yeah i know he can be trusted but the simple fact for me is he is providing me with a commitment to send a product, i want a proper invoice, not just a few words typed in a pm on a forum. just makes things easier all round and in the unlikely event that anything happens paypal have all the info instead of just a "gift" payment.

and for the record he could be god for all i care i dont trust anyone when it comes to financial dealings, online or otherwise.

either way im out of this GB. gl to everyone else
i don't think you have to send a gift payment.. i am pretty sure i didn't because i almost never do that (always pay 3.5% tax on goods/services, it's a paltry amount to insure yourself).
 if you aren't willing to "gamble" with $100 for a poker case you will NEVER get a kmac. that's just how this stuff works. i hate to use the word gamble because it's not a gamble, but it seems like that is how you are seeing it.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 17:46:18 »
I knew I should have ordered a freaking gunmetal poker case :(

Rookie.

Am still keen for one Imsto, if someone backs out :)
Poker
QFR

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 18:48:43 »
one more added to people i won't bother dealing with!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 20:42:37 »
Wait, what did I miss?
Why not deal with imsto?

Offline MMB

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 20:43:27 »
I like how people barely read the entire thread, then jump to their own conclusion.

imsto never sends invoices. You just pay him through paypal, and note your username and shipping address. I have ordered many times from him
and never had an issue.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 20:48:47 »
Wait, what did I miss?
Why not deal with imsto?

pretty sure he was talking about rayuki
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 21:57:53 »
Wait, what did I miss?
Why not deal with imsto?

imsto is fine, i'd definitely do business with him again.

i was mostly talking about rayuki.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 22:03:52 »
Be nice to each others now!
Keyboardless

Offline balanar

« Reply #219 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 08:10:08 »
Oh and imsto, please pack these properly when shipping them out! I don't think I'd be able to accept a case that's damaged when being shipped as its something that can be avoided through proper packing.

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 09:11:53 »
Did anyone from the first group buy had issues with imsto's packaging and could input the learnings here?

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 09:19:36 »
imsto packaging of 1st round casings were beyond top notch, not sure how this was randomly brought up

If people are so afraid please don't shop online
Keyboardless

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 12:16:23 »
It was brought up probably because someone got a dented alu case in Fengs group buy.

Offline MMB

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 12:18:15 »
It was brought up probably because someone got a dented alu case in Fengs group buy.

And what does that have to do with imsto?

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 12:29:21 »
someone wrote "please pack these properly when shipping them out!". is that an accusation in any way?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 12:31:22 »
Be nice folks. I think everyone just wants everything perfect and no one is accusing imsto. Just doing the double check for safety.

Offline MMB

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 12:32:25 »
You brought up an issue from another group buy/vendor. How about responding to that? Better yet, stop mucking imsto's forum up with issues from other group buys and drop the subject.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 12:56:49 »
bad day? :D
someone wrote
"please pack these properly when shipping them out!"
then someone wrote
"not sure how this was randomly brought up "
then i wrote
"probably because someone got a dented alu case in Fengs group buy"

and yeah I think it's relevant because
a. Not everyone knows if this is imstos first time shipping alu cases
b. It was a fact showing that alu cases can be damaged really easy by just missing a couple of square cm of bubblewrap

thats it... no, its not about imstos shipping policies, just a general advice/request... not really sure why you want to make a big deal about it... it's not like imsto's here to read it anyways :D

and btw, its not imstos forum :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 October 2012, 12:58:55 by Cindori »

Offline MMB

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 13:09:27 »
No, a great day, actually. But thanks for looking into my well being.

It was perpetuated by one person bringing up an issue from another group buy, and now you and others continue the trend of feeling the need to discuss it in a thread that has nothing to do with that other group buy/issue. It isn't relevant, regardless of how you want to justify it in your mind. imsto packages his shipments well, and trying to say 'well, someone else did this, so it's definitely relevant to imsto' is like saying 'well some people receive jacked up packages from Wal-Mart... so let's definitely put Target under the bus for Wal-Mart's actions'.... yea, doesn't make sense, does it?

Thanks for the correction - I meant thread.

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:14:34 »
imsto packaging of 1st round casings were beyond top notch, not sure how this was randomly brought up

No reason for anyone to worry then :)

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 10:27:18 »
ha thanks guys, everything's going well   the CNC almost finished,  we'd thought it might be done in a month but one month is not enough for these casing.
don't worry about the package, I never get a feedback about anybroken keys or something.
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop
IBM Model M*3, IBM M13,M5, IBM with balls.Cherry   3000  3494 3700 4100*6 700*2 11900 8113 DAS4 TG3 KBC PokerDucky09Ducky1087 apple pink alps Ducky bull,tiger,rabbit,dragon version No:0000002

Offline balanar

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 19:50:21 »

I didn't think me expressing my feelings on receiving damaged packages (feelings that are shared by anyone I'd think) and asking imsto to pack them properly would result in someone generalizing it to a fear of online shopping. It is definitely not random and I did not buy a case from him in round 1 and would have no way of knowing that.
No, a great day, actually. But thanks for looking into my well being.

It was perpetuated by one person bringing up an issue from another group buy, and now you and others continue the trend of feeling the need to discuss it in a thread that has nothing to do with that other group buy/issue. It isn't relevant, regardless of how you want to justify it in your mind. imsto packages his shipments well, and trying to say 'well, someone else did this, so it's definitely relevant to imsto' is like saying 'well some people receive jacked up packages from Wal-Mart... so let's definitely put Target under the bus for Wal-Mart's actions'.... yea, doesn't make sense, does it?

Thanks for the correction - I meant thread.

I'm sorry I'd have to disagree about how I mentioned it in 'a thread that has nothing to do with that other groupbuy/issue' because the seller might be different but the product being sold is very similar. Hence if one case could be damaged in the post, what is to stop the same from happening here? Only one thing and that is extra care being taken by the seller when packaging it. That's all I want.

I think there is a misconception here that I was implicitly attacking a seller's reputation and that is just not true. Both sellers, Feng and imsto are fantastic but **** happens and that's what I want to avoid as much as possible. I've bought tons of stuff from imsto and they were all great. Have I bought an aluminum case before? No. Do I want it to arrive safely after seeing a similar case albeit from a different seller be damaged? Hell yes. Did I think a simple, 'pack it well please!' would result in so much drama. Nope.

ha thanks guys, everything's going well   the CNC almost finished,  we'd thought it might be done in a month but one month is not enough for these casing.
don't worry about the package, I never get a feedback about anybroken keys or something.

Awesome! This is all I was looking for, a little reassurance from the man himself that these cases are gonna arrive safely! Thank you imsto.

Offline stephenpark

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 23:21:31 »

Hooray! So we can see this case before Thanksgiving day, definately...! ha ha.
I have a question. Is there any possibilities that imsto could make race case like pure? You know, pure case has less height than normal case
so all the switches are exposed, I like that. So called "Nude" case... Of course it need plate, actually plate and case must be one set...
Any idea or... huh?
KBT Race with 48g white stem, Yellow SMD type double LED each key, Black aluminum plate included ^^

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 08:53:24 »
maybe later。。。。
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop
IBM Model M*3, IBM M13,M5, IBM with balls.Cherry   3000  3494 3700 4100*6 700*2 11900 8113 DAS4 TG3 KBC PokerDucky09Ducky1087 apple pink alps Ducky bull,tiger,rabbit,dragon version No:0000002

Offline frankbartoli

« Reply #234 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 13:17:14 »
maybe later。。。。

Hi imsto... You have not updated the first page. There are too...

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #235 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 14:47:55 »
I think it does not matter since they are already being produced anyway...

But it would be nice if IMSTO could give a estimated time to shipping... if it was "CNC almost finished" 16th October then it should ship next week maybe?

Offline stephenpark

« Reply #236 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 22:39:21 »

But it would be nice if IMSTO could give a estimated time to shipping... if it was "CNC almost finished" 16th October then it should ship next week maybe?

I had made CNC case and plate myself a while ago, it really does take time.
If, IMSTO almost finish all the CNC work, he has to do SANDING and ANODIZING (Coloring) procedure... it takes time as well.
If all the color is plane and good finish, then he has to do PACKING and SENDING.
But... in my experience, sometimes I can get 100% satisfied product, but many time, I had to do RE-ANODIZING.
So, it will takes time, it is not easy job. I think that we all need little patient.
Personally, If I can get this from IMSTO before Thanksgiving day, we are all lucky. ;)

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 00:58:35 »
Thanks for the update

Offline chaumeow

• Does not like onions.
« Reply #238 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 01:45:56 »
 :( I'm so sad I missed out on this group buy! You guys will be selling it again eventually, right?
Filco White Tenkeyless Ninja- Cherry MX Red | Das Black Model S - Cherry MX Blue | Matias Tactile Pro

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #239 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 05:44:17 »
I don't get why people are getting more and more impatient with GBs.
It's not like your life depends on superquick arrival of your keyboards/keycaps/cases/etc.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 09:15:47 »
I don't get why people are getting more and more impatient with GBs.
It's not like your life depends on superquick arrival of your keyboards/keycaps/cases/etc.

The OP stated the case would ship 3-6 weeks after 15th October. Which is now.

Now, he explained the estimate was wrong and the shipping is delayed. I think I speak for everyone when I say thats completely OK. All we care about is that things are proceeding as planned...

Waiting is fine honestly, but not knowing what is happening is not.
Now, imsto has been pretty good with updates, so dont get me wrong, im not complaining ^^

Chameouw: he will sell these in his taobao store, dont worry. (Not all colors probably though)
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 October 2012, 14:13:13 by Cindori »

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
« Reply #241 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 09:24:55 »

I had made CNC case and plate myself a while ago, it really does take time.
If, IMSTO almost finish all the CNC work, he has to do SANDING and ANODIZING (Coloring) procedure... it takes time as well.
If all the color is plane and good finish, then he has to do PACKING and SENDING.
But... in my experience, sometimes I can get 100% satisfied product, but many time, I had to do RE-ANODIZING.
So, it will takes time, it is not easy job. I think that we all need little patient.
Personally, If I can get this from IMSTO before Thanksgiving day, we are all lucky. ;)

thansk dude,  u r the expert.

it realy takes time.
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop

Offline chaumeow

• Does not like onions.
« Reply #242 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 11:03:28 »
Chameouw: he will sell these in his taobao store, dont worry. (Not all colors probably though)

Thank you!
Filco White Tenkeyless Ninja- Cherry MX Red | Das Black Model S - Cherry MX Blue | Matias Tactile Pro

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
« Reply #243 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 03:26:57 »
anodizing now
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 03:31:23 »
anodizing now

Awesome! Will you be able to give us some preview pics as they are being finished? Would like to see how the pink turned out.

Offline stephenpark

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 08:01:13 »
anodizing now

Wow it is cool news from all the last hot summer...! ;)
So, I will say ABRACADABRA every day so Anodizing shall turn out nice and perfect.
Then we can see our rare product before Thanksgiving ha ha ha my goodness..!
Thanks for update IMSTO, we all wanna see the first finished one!

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 13:17:52 »
anodizing now

Awesome! Will you be able to give us some preview pics as they are being finished? Would like to see how the pink turned out.

+1 :D

Would sure like some more shots of the silver one

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn

will put more clear pics later.
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop

Offline pmh1410

Very nice alu poker case, waiting for your same product with Filco TKL :P
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
omg omg!

silver one looks great!