Author Topic: DOOMCAPS | Crafting up curses SHIPPED  (Read 1100600 times)

Offline mrlooolz

Re: DOOM CAPS | SALE IS OVER WINNERS ANNOUNCED
« Reply #1400 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 00:37:49 »
Very nice. Still only artist i never won from.  Next one the force ds with me

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #1401 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 00:38:22 »
I swear at least a dozen times today since putting the DOOM cap on, I've been like  :eek: Is that some candy!?!?!? Then I remember it's not edible  :-[ But it looks soooo good. I love it  :thumb:

I take no responsibility for the deliciousness of my caps. Do not eat them even if they taste amazing.

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #1402 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 10:35:31 »
158243-0

Offline DRAZAH

• Hype-S
« Reply #1403 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 08:28:56 »
Got mine on saturday! Ill post pics when I can (I got T10) but its so much nicer in person! I only collect artisan blanks and this is by far the best one I have. The shape is virtually PERFECT compared to my other artisan blanks where they are slightly off-shaped. Thanks again!

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #1404 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 08:52:19 »
Loving my new DOOM CAP! It's taking the all important F10 key for my work battlestation. This is a key I use frequently for outputting CAD drawings :)

158316-0

Offline hpfalcon

« Reply #1405 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 18:56:29 »
Got mine (T6) over the weekend. Its my first artisan :)

I agree they look even nicer in-person

158335-0

158337-1
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 January 2017, 18:59:50 by hpfalcon »

Offline rustywok

« Reply #1406 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 18:15:48 »
My Doom cap came yesterday. Just beautiful. It's almost its own light source. Now to try and snag a few more to keep this little one company.

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 March 2017, 02:41:25 by rustywok »

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #1407 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 03:06:35 »
My Doom cap came yesterday. Just beautiful. It's almost its own light source. Now to try and snag a few more to keep this little one company.

Show Image

Show Image

That is a wonderful colour combo.
Biking is fun.

Offline DRAZAH

• Hype-S
« Reply #1408 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 20:23:17 »
DOOM T10

Offline cumwagondeluxe

« Reply #1409 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 23:53:35 »
Do international (Canada) orders not get their keycaps with the little doom baggy/pouch? Or was that something we were supposed to toss into our order and I just never noticed

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #1410 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 23:56:02 »
Do international (Canada) orders not get their keycaps with the little doom baggy/pouch? Or was that something we were supposed to toss into our order and I just never noticed

I ran out! I apologize. Next best thing I had was gift bags :(

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #1411 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 05:38:18 »

Those colours!
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline cumwagondeluxe

« Reply #1412 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:35:03 »

I ran out! I apologize. Next best thing I had was gift bags :(

Ah, no worries! Everybody else who had posted had the little baggy in the picture, so I thought maybe some customs officer ****ed with my package as it did seem to float around in customs for like a day longer than usual.

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #1413 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:19:14 »
Thanks doom :D

IBM Model M 1386303

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #1414 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 07:37:18 »
Is anyone looking to trade their MX for a Topre? I have the lovely purple / pink one above but won't have a Topre board for a while to use it on..

Would love to trade it for an MX in the mean time so it can be put to use  :cool:

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #1415 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 19:31:17 »

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
Re: DOOM CAPS | Cap makin'
« Reply #1416 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 19:42:44 »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1417 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 19:44:08 »

Offline derpman4k

« Reply #1418 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 20:14:47 »
/prepares to throw money at doom

:D
Leopold FC660M + MX Blacks

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #1419 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 20:42:54 »
More antifreeze freshness :cool:

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #1420 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:27:54 »
So I've been getting a steady stream of messages coming in of people asking me if I do custom orders/commissions outside of my sales. Unfortunately I have a very time intensive and strenuous day job, so I never know if I'm going to have time to cast. If I made caps for everyone who came and asked for one, I would have a never ending backlog of stuff to make and ship.

In the last sale, 5 peeps got to design their own colorway and I actually had a blast trying to make something I wouldn't necessarily have made on my own.

So now I pose the question, would you like a sale of my blanks in which:

* I take info on what colorway you would like (i.e. I like purple/forest green, dark blue, and glow in the dark/ I really like this cap you made in the past)

* You tell me what stem you would prefer

* I randomly select 50 entries

* You get what you get based on your preferences

* I ship out caps as they are made over the course of (let's say give or take) 2 months.

The hope is that this will allow me to have MORE sales, MORE people getting what they want, and an easier way for me to work.

So please let me know if you would prefer having 1 day to peruse and choose a cap you like if things I have made -OR- give me instruction on what you like and potentially have to wait for it.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #1421 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:46:27 »
I personally like blind sales! I just would like to choose the stem type.  :p

Other than that, I'm also fine with the other sale format you had in the past where you make the caps and we get to choose our preferences.

You're doing great work mate! Your blanks are top notch!  :thumb:

Offline majordookie

« Reply #1422 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:52:20 »
So I've been getting a steady stream of messages coming in of people asking me if I do custom orders/commissions outside of my sales. Unfortunately I have a very time intensive and strenuous day job, so I never know if I'm going to have time to cast. If I made caps for everyone who came and asked for one, I would have a never ending backlog of stuff to make and ship.

In the last sale, 5 peeps got to design their own colorway and I actually had a blast trying to make something I wouldn't necessarily have made on my own.

* I take info on what colorway you would like (i.e. I like purple/forest green, dark blue, and glow in the dark/ I really like this cap you made in the past)

* I ship out caps as they are made over the course of (let's say give or take) 2 months.

The hope is that this will allow me to have MORE sales, MORE people getting what they want, and an easier way for me to work.

So please let me know if you would prefer having 1 day to peruse and choose a cap you like if things I have made -OR- give me instruction on what you like and potentially have to wait for it.

Sounds awesome! But please don't strain yourself doing it <3

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #1423 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 11:18:46 »
Sounds really awesome!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1424 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 11:20:08 »
oh man, i think that is a great idea for doom caps! alternatively, maybe you could set up a poll of the colorways you want to do, and maybe you can take a few suggestions on what others want, and then have a raffle where people make their selections

Offline badchad

« Reply #1425 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 11:53:27 »
Hey doom if you dont mind me asking, how do you put your doom logo in the silicon mold? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BAD

Offline badchad

« Reply #1426 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 11:55:35 »
Hey doom if you dont mind me asking, how do you put your doom logo in the silicon mold? Thanks

BAD

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #1427 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 12:01:05 »

This sounds great, blind sales are fun in a different way but its always nice to be able to select what you want if you have specific plans for the caps.

Offline Jeu

« Reply #1428 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 12:43:48 »
I think this would be a good way to do some sales! Could do some of your own creation and some fulfillment with color requests.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #1429 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 12:57:54 »

The logo and the domed bottom are sculpted on top of a cherry profile mx cap and a HHKB profile topre cap.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1430 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 13:02:26 »
Whatever makes casting fun  ^-^

Offline badchad

« Reply #1431 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 13:17:16 »

The logo and the domed bottom are sculpted on top of a cherry profile mx cap and a HHKB profile topre cap.
Damn well done. Thanks Doom!

BAD

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #1432 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 13:46:30 »

I like the idea of being able to offer input on what sort of caps you would be producing for a sale. I also like seeing what you decide to make when it's up to you as you are very good at it. Honestly I think I'd rather have a blind sale then ask you to make something as I trust your skills and judgement more than I would mind.
Biking is fun.

Offline iArson

« Reply #1433 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 14:07:51 »
I like that idea very much, but wouldn't that take the creative fun that you normally have? If its taking away from what you set out to do then you should keep selling as you do.

Offline met3or

• instagram
« Reply #1434 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 14:25:35 »
I quite like the idea of having input on the casting process!  But also, a blind bag is fun and you get to trade with the community! 

Love the look of your caps and would be thrilled tonhave the chance to get hold of some!
Leopold FC660C / Vortex Pok3r / CM STORM XT

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #1435 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 14:58:36 »
I think it'd be nice to do every once in a while. As quick example; not a lot of green(/Xcolor) past sale, community can drop some feedback, and some not foreseen colors can be filled. However, the thought of future sales all being centered on votes to match X flavor the month keyset would bum me personally. I also love seeing your own colorways.
Definitely think its sweet there's a few lucky people who get to design their own in raffles. Wont deny I'd totally psyched if that happens for WASD sets.
Regardless you do you man  :thumb:

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline nugglets

« Reply #1436 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 17:29:18 »

As someone who was lucky enough to get to give you input on a colorway in the last sale, I think it would be a lot of fun for others as well. I know that I tried to give you a basic idea and let you run with it to do your thing, because you do it very well. And I was absolutely stoked on the outcome.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #1437 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 17:45:52 »
I am open to the idea for customized blanks according to my color preference.  ;D

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #1438 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 18:07:31 »

I know I'd really love to enter for a customized raffle where I had to wait.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #1439 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 22:19:09 »

Haha if only I enjoyed anything anymore

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #1440 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 07:52:47 »

Haha if only I enjoyed anything anymore

Ah, come now.. It's not all Doom and gloom...

Offline DRAZAH

• Hype-S
« Reply #1441 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 20:50:00 »
I would love to enter a raffle for a set if that was possible. Like a WASD or something. I got my "T10" last raffle and would love to have a matching set for it.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1442 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 19:57:28 »
Ixd I need some dope blanks
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #1443 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 20:04:19 »

Workshop is getting revamped right now, but more caps soon.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #1444 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 20:14:32 »

Show Image

looking good man :)

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #1445 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 20:47:28 »

Show Image

Those look great. Good luck with the revamp, can't wait to see the results.
Biking is fun.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1446 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 21:00:16 »

Show Image

That's what I'm talking about baby!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #1447 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 21:14:40 »
Been entering your raffles for a WASD or blank for about a year now.. I have a good feeling about the next one, finally..

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1448 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 17:36:02 »

Show Image

Love your work dude, top shelf caps always.

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #1449 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 21:25:42 »
I'm excited to see what you'll be releasing next