Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 619580 times)

Offline fuzzybaffy

Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #600 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 00:21:55 »
Whoops. Nevermind. I think I'll return this and maybe get the Taipan instead.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #601 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 00:37:26 »
Or jeez, maybe I'll actually keep the Sensei. I can't make my mind!!!

Offline Atakp

« Reply #602 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 00:43:55 »
Or jeez, maybe I'll actually keep the Sensei. I can't make my mind!!!

What about the sensei makes you unsure whether you like it or not?

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #603 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 02:15:23 »
I don't know. I do sense a bit of fatigue after using the mouse a bit. So it's either keeping this Sensei, getting the Taipan, or Deathadder. Or maybe one of the Nagas (Hex or the new original).

Offline tauburn

« Reply #604 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 12:15:25 »
g400

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #605 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 12:30:09 »

Offline tauburn

« Reply #606 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 21:38:13 »

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린

Offline Henkers

• Youtube
« Reply #608 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:40:01 »
The two mice I have used enough to form an opinion are:

Deathadder:

I honestly think the worst thing about the deathadder has nothing to do with the mouse itself, and more with people at LAN parties calling you a Razer fanboy. I am not a huge fan of Razer, but my Deathadder is almost three years old and other then some wear on the braided cord (damaged from rubbing against edge of desk for past few years). I have had absolutely no problems with the mouse itself and would recommend it for the price you can find online, idk about in retail stores though.

Logitech G500:

I have used my friends G500 several times playing games at his house. I love the form of the mouse. My hand rests very comfortably on it. Like my previous opinion I think there are no cons to buying the product in comparison to other mice of a similar price. I do think the mouse is hideous, but it works really well and is very comfortable.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #609 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 00:53:56 »
Wait... people call you a Razer fanboy at LAN parties? For using a DeathAdder? The mouse that was for years quite literally the best of the best?

Noobs.

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #610 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 01:00:52 »
Wait... people call you a Razer fanboy at LAN parties? For using a DeathAdder? The mouse that was for years quite literally the best of the best?

Noobs.

I would argue that it still is the best of the best.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #611 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 22:56:22 »
Yea... I just got the Taipan again. I'm returning the Sensei!

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #612 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 20:36:02 »
Yes, its always nice to have a choice!
The RAT7 is one I wanna get as well, out of curiosity, but its low on my priority list...
Also wanna try the DeathAdder Black Edition (brings up a lot Q3 Arena memory from back then).

So, finally I got the DeathAdder Black Edition, and now I remember why I liked it that much, K/D climbing like whoa... ^__^
Granted, it sucks that you have to create a account to even install the driver, but this mouse is imo worth the additional hassle!

Offline t2russo

« Reply #613 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 22:06:05 »
So, finally I got the DeathAdder Black Edition, and now I remember why I liked it that much, K/D climbing like whoa... ^__^
Granted, it sucks that you have to create a account to even install the driver, but this mouse is imo worth the additional hassle!

Are you using the "legacy" drivers or Synapse?  I had complaints about Synapse and went to a Sensei, but couldn't get used to it.  Running the legacy drivers and getting rid of that Synapse crap (probably McRip effect but whatever...) is the closest nostalgic feeling to my old DA, and I'm quite content.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #614 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 23:38:09 »

Are you using the "legacy" drivers or Synapse?  I had complaints about Synapse and went to a Sensei, but couldn't get used to it.  Running the legacy drivers and getting rid of that Synapse crap (probably McRip effect but whatever...) is the closest nostalgic feeling to my old DA, and I'm quite content.

The Synapse crap...
No problems so far, even running it parallel with the Logitech counterpart and having 3 mice connected at once.

EDIT:
One thing that bothers me tho is that both software eat around 70MB RAM,
not because it makes me run out of RAM (got 16GB) but because it seems highly inefficient,
especially seeing how all my other "add-on" driver software combined (5) doesn't even need such amounts!
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 April 2013, 14:58:32 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 11:50:07 »
Reading through this thread I'm going to have to branch out a little, I've only ever used Logitech mice.

I know the G700 isn't everyone's favorite but I have had very good success with it.

I definitely prefer using it wireless and use it about 10 hours a day and rarely does the battery show as being low and it has never died on me yet.

I have all the buttons programmed for text inputs for a program I use for works, saves me tons of time.

Offline Abacus1234

« Reply #616 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 13:25:31 »
Logitech mice are certainly my favorite. I really like the G9x and the G400. They are both superb and I still think better than anything else out there. I really don't want to the g9x update as much as some people do, because I'm afraid they are just going to be the same mouse with some dumb 20k dpi sensor that has a lot of acceleration. The laser in it now is pretty good. I think a G9x with the g400 optical sensor would be my dream mouse. I really like having onboard memory.

Offline Nask

« Reply #617 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 13:41:25 »
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
Razer DeathAdder
Steelseries XAI
Keyboards: IBM SSK | Noppoo Choc Mini MX-Blue | PLU ML-87 MX-Brown | CM QFR Mx-Red | CM Novatouch

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #618 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 13:55:23 »
Call me kooky, but I use Synapse 2.0 without a problem *shrug*

Offline Abacus1234

« Reply #619 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 14:03:47 »

I've never had an actual "problem" with synapse. As far as I can tell, it is working as intended. Unfortunately I like having some onboard memory on my mice, so that I can take them from one computer to the next without having to constantly install synapse. It's almost like having DRM for your mouse. I just think it's a bad idea. I would not mind synapse if they offered it alongside normal standalone drivers, and included at least enough onboard memory to store one profile worth of settings.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #620 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 14:06:47 »
...I like having some onboard memory on my mice, so that I can take them from one computer to the next without having to constantly install synapse.
This^
It's almost like having DRM for your mouse.
It is having DRM for your mouse.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #621 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 15:26:00 »
I really want to try the Zowie EC-1 for the plug and play.  I run my Deathadder at 1800 dpi, so I think the 2000 dpi Zowie setting would be fine for me?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #622 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 15:34:26 »
There's no practical issue with Synapse, maybe apart from excessive RAM usage, as I've said several times before the problem people are having is one of principle.
Razer taking away onboard memory on mice which should have it to be on par with competition, but instead they decide to go for a bloated driver that requires you to create an account, something you shouldn't have to do.
It's the same thing that people have been raging about for ages now in gaming; having to be online to play your singleplayer game.
I do have Synapse on my laptop and it works alright, but the old DA driver was better, I just haven't gotten around to fixing that since my laptop sees little use.

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
« Reply #623 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 16:07:20 »
at moment i m using Logitech G9x... but soon i m going to buy Zowie FK.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 April 2013, 18:17:34 by numerus »
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R 

Offline Explosivo

« Reply #624 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 18:09:45 »
My all time favorite is the MX518. (I don't have the G400... waiting on the butt ugly G400s)
I was using the MMO7 and actually loved it but because of its tracking issues, plus the fact that one of the 15 or so buttons took a dump, I went back to the 518 while the MMO7 is getting replaced under warranty.
It's been a pleasure revisiting this mouse.
The 518 just won't die on me and is beyond comfortable in my hands. For those reasons, it gets my vote.
An MX518/G400s with a Dpad-style button below the 2 thumb buttons would be my idea of the perfect mouse.

I also use the G600 on one of my other PC's and also love that mouse. I haven't gamed with it but I can easily see it being a great gaming mouse. Oddly comfortable considering how it looks anything but comfortable. The 12 buttons on the side aren't nearly as confusing or counter intuitive as I feared they might be.
On my laptop I use the G700. It serves its purpose but I wasn't a fan of using it for gaming. There needs to be more of a separation between the top and bottom row of thumb buttons in my opinion (for gaming anyway). A good mouse though.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #625 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 12:42:41 »
I don't understand the DRM argument (although I definitely agree about the on-board memory), I've used all my Synapse 2.0 mice fine without it installed. It's essentially just cloud-sync.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #626 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 15:23:31 »
I don't understand the DRM argument (although I definitely agree about the on-board memory), I've used all my Synapse 2.0 mice fine without it installed. It's essentially just cloud-sync.
Yeah, good luck configuring the mouse without Synapse. If you get the newest Naga you'll need synapse to get some actual use from it. Not so much with the other mice, you could probably use those driverless fairly ok.
I haven't done much testing on this myself, but it seems that an online connection is only required for when you install Synapse and never after that. Like you say; not much of a problem in practice, but it's completely unnecessary and a step in the wrong direction. Actually, considering how they use it to justify pulling onboard memory it is not only a step in the wrong direction, it's a leap.

Offline Rare

• Spending racks and bands on keyboards.
« Reply #627 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 18:55:13 »
Definitely the G400. Such an amazingly solid mouse. It feels great, the sensor is great, it's just great. God tier.
Saber 68 (MOD-H)
my glo

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #628 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 21:53:35 »
Yeah, good luck configuring the mouse without Synapse. If you get the newest Naga you'll need synapse to get some actual use from it. Not so much with the other mice, you could probably use those driverless fairly ok.
I haven't done much testing on this myself, but it seems that an online connection is only required for when you install Synapse and never after that. Like you say; not much of a problem in practice, but it's completely unnecessary and a step in the wrong direction. Actually, considering how they use it to justify pulling onboard memory it is not only a step in the wrong direction, it's a leap.

Yeah, I pretty much only use at most 5 buttons these days... but agreed 100% about not having any on-board memory. That's just a cop-out, and they still charge the same price as the models with memory.

Offline GeorgeStorm

« Reply #629 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 16:04:46 »
Loving my current mouse, a Zowie EC1 Evo :)
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline Abacus1234

« Reply #630 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 20:18:15 »
I have been using CM Storm Recon for a few days now, and I think this may be my new favorite mouse. I have been using laser sensors for a while, but I have just come to realize that optical sensors are really superior for a lot of gaming situations. So yeah, I've switched to optical, and this mouse has a great sensor and great ergonomics.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #631 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 02:48:47 »
Well... this is my second Taipan where it's having issues with the body creaking, whenever clicking the main mouse buttons. I'm going to determine whether I should roll the dice with a third one, or just move onto something else. I do know it's Razer, though... so, we'll see.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 April 2013, 03:32:42 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline 003

« Reply #632 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 18:45:53 »
Razer Boomslang CE 2007

Unfortunately, I love this mouse and it is by far my favorite. Why do I say unfortunately? Because it was a limited production of 10,000 units, and are next to impossible to find now. When they are found, they are either damaged or very expensive.

I personally own three of them, one I use and the other two new and unused, in case mine ever breaks.

The mouse itself has the same sensor as the DeathAdder 3G, widely considered to be one of the best, if not the best sensor ever made. Unlike some Razer mice, the construction is extremely solid, and has a titanium shell. At the same time, it is shockingly light weight. I love the shape of this mouse. I have big hands, and it is absolutely perfect. I am sad that it is not produced anymore.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #633 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 21:05:46 »
Razer Boomslang CE 2007
Unfortunately, I love this mouse and it is by far my favorite. Why do I say unfortunately? Because it was a limited production of 10,000 units, and are next to impossible to find now. When they are found, they are either damaged or very expensive.

Yes it was the BEST Razor mouse ever created or likely to be ever created.  The crap produced by them now is a sad joke on current fanboys who despite losing their money on broken/damaged Razer products, still defend the company as the greatest that has ever existed.  Much like Apple Fanboys  :)) they lose all logic and reasoning.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #634 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 21:53:23 »
Every Razer mouse I've ever used has been rock solid. :shrug:

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #635 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 22:16:42 »
I have been using CM Storm Recon for a few days now, and I think this may be my new favorite mouse. I have been using laser sensors for a while, but I have just come to realize that optical sensors are really superior for a lot of gaming situations. So yeah, I've switched to optical, and this mouse has a great sensor and great ergonomics.

How is optical superior?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #636 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 01:30:32 »
Not entirely certain how it is now, but for quite a few years there optical mice had superior tracking to laser. Much more accurate and reliable.

Offline Abacus1234

« Reply #637 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 01:58:32 »

How is optical superior?

There is currently no laser sensor that has no acceleration. Even when you "disable" it in the software, there is still some inherent in the sensor. I can actually feel the difference in a mouse with a "perfect" sensor. That is to say, has no acceleration or prediction.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #638 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 04:21:13 »

How is optical superior?
No hardware accel and they can track at higher speeds, and they seem to be cheaper than laser as well.

Also, Abacus1234, there is a laser sensor with no accel; the Philips Twin Eye sensor is completely accel-free, although it has it's own share of issues.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #639 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 22:29:10 »

How is optical superior?
No hardware accel and they can track at higher speeds, and they seem to be cheaper than laser as well.

Also, Abacus1234, there is a laser sensor with no accel; the Philips Twin Eye sensor is completely accel-free, although it has it's own share of issues.

No kidding, it sure has its share of issues.  Poor tracking, moving while clicking, slow on soft surfaces, etc.

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
« Reply #640 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 22:44:12 »
I have been using my g9x since my last build, and it has served me well.

I still remember my logi mx518, that was a great mouse.
Ducky DK9008 Shine II Blue LED Backlit (Red Cherry MX)
Leopold Linear Touch FC500RR/AB (Red Cherry MX)

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #641 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 14:16:42 »
Does anyone know if the CM Spawn still has trouble with caps lock  and the firmware?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #642 on: Wed, 17 April 2013, 14:35:18 »
While waiting for Zowie Mico to appear in the mail, I've given WMO 1.1 one more chance... and I'm starting to like it, only with my laptop though. 400 dpi sort of works with WXGA (but it's a pain on anything above that, I strongly prefer medium to high sensitivity), and I'm digging the textured surface and very light wheel (quite the opposite of logitech's smooth one).

Offline hashish

« Reply #643 on: Wed, 17 April 2013, 17:16:38 »
The MX518 was a solid mouse. I love the feel of the buttons, they seemed pretty soft compared to the mice I have now. Too bad it was a bit too small for me.

I have a logitech MX1000 that is wireless. I wish it were wired, then it would be the perfect mouse IMO.

Offline BearHug

« Reply #644 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 15:45:38 »
Right now its the Steelseries Sensei, might try a zowie mouse soon though
HHKB2  Noppo Choc mini (Browns) CM Storm TK (Reds) Blackwidow (Blues) Ozone Strike (Blacks)

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #645 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 16:06:15 »
My new favorite mouse is the deathadder 2013. I had many mouses over the years. My first real good mouse was a logitech mouseman dual optic. Incredible mouse with left side button just at the right place. The, after many other mouses I did not like, I got a razer naga hex. It's a good mouse, feels great, but my hands are a little too long and since I use a claw or half-claw grip (hard to tell, but no palm for sure), well my left thumb was on the other sides of the six buttons on the left of the mouse instead of on the center of them as it is supposed.

So after searching for a new mouse that would fit better with my hand and grip, I decided to try the deathadder 2013 and I am very satisfied with it. First, the new materials feels very nice, kinda grippy and sandy at the same time. Also, the shape of the mouse (same as old deathadder, but my first one so can't compare) is almost perfect for my hand. Found the right position on it after 1-2 hour only. Finally, the sensor is really amasing. Very hight precision and no problem at all yep.

Overall, I would recommend this mouse for anyone, unless you have small hands and don't palm!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Neal

« Reply #646 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 13:04:33 »
G9x hands down. Should buy a new one again, mine is beaten up. Using a Feenix Nascita atm.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #647 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 13:27:37 »
Had my Steelseries Sensei RAW for a week or so and I think its pretty awesome. So much more accurate than my old mouse.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline lucifurburch

« Reply #648 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 14:05:34 »
i love my rat 7 (not the version with the dogey sensor)

Offline Bencze

« Reply #649 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 14:50:46 »
Interesting how there's several Intellimouse Opticals on the first page then nothing.
For me it's the same old story, had one of these, lasted 4 years, then I tried a few but liked none / broke down too fast / etc... so I bought 2 from China / ebay. Not sure if it's original, or even which version it is, but it feels and works fine.
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-