Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 454148 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #650 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 07:11:40 »
This has probably been said before, but a button to 'like' a post would be nice.

That'd kill a lot of interaction.

Why this over quoting and saying "nice"?

don't out me like that

got to be top 10 some way

Offline daskeybo

« Reply #651 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 09:03:27 »
More like a dislike button is needed for Microsoft Windows posts.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #652 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 08:12:06 »
This has probably been said before, but a button to 'like' a post would be nice.

+1

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #653 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 23:06:07 »

+1

I thought we weren't supposed to +1 things (except for KoTM).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #654 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 11:53:16 »

I noticed that Yahoo seems to be the same color as the note people get when muted, is it possible to change that?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #655 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 23:02:57 »
Any thoughts about supporting emojis from here: https://www.webpagefx.com/tools/emoji-cheat-sheet/

Or are we trying to limit the number of them that are available.

The kids today seem to like them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #656 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 23:09:45 »
Any thoughts about supporting emojis from here: https://www.webpagefx.com/tools/emoji-cheat-sheet/

they were supported at one point, but they were really annoying, so i think they were turned off
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #657 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 00:00:27 »

they were supported at one point, but they were really annoying, so i think they were turned off

Fair enough.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #658 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 04:16:43 »
2FA!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #659 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 07:58:17 »
Is there a maximum number of PMs you can store?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #660 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 09:09:48 »
do i really need to say my suggestion again?
I love Elzy

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #661 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 03:51:23 »
 I would like to see the GB topics put into two parts;
1) active GB's > those that you can still join, are still active
2) production GB's > those where the actual GB stage is completed and have moved on to the production stage.

Reason; when I look through the GB topic looking for something cool 9 out of 10 times when I find something it's already completed and in the production stage.

This would mean that the IC/GB topics would be devided into 3 sections instead of 2 obviously.

Offline JoeriW

« Reply #662 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 05:18:28 »

2) production GB's > those where the actual GB stage is completed and have moved on to the production stage.

Reason; when I look through the GB topic looking for something cool 9 out of 10 times when I find something it's already completed and in the production stage.

This would mean that the IC/GB topics would be devided into 3 sections instead of 2 obviously.

Agree, have had the same problem when looking for something nice to buy. As soon as the GB closes move it to a different section so people won't get their hopes up. Threads are open for months after the GB closes with the current system and it makes thing pretty confusing at times.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #663 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 10:43:41 »

Agree, have had the same problem when looking for something nice to buy. As soon as the GB closes move it to a different section so people won't get their hopes up. Threads are open for months after the GB closes with the current system and it makes thing pretty confusing at times.
So the OP just needs to update the thread Title to reflect the current situation

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #664 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 11:32:44 »

So the OP just needs to update the thread Title to reflect the current situation

++

i thought that was common courtesy
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #665 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 12:47:49 »
Well yes and no :P that would be the easy option but I’m lazy and would like to not have to go over 3 pages of GB topic titels to see which one is still active :P

Having that said, having ACTIVE in the titel (first word of the titel) would help a lot :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #666 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 13:58:12 »
I'm not sure I follow. Usually the organizer of the GB changes either the first post or a reserved post to reflect the current state of the GB (often times the title is changed to reflect any GB changes).

editt - Ah, I see the GB/pre-orders rules have changed. I guess this issue was bigger than I thought.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 June 2018, 14:00:53 by csmertx »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #667 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 18:44:08 »
Yeah I guess so. From the top 20 GB topics at this very moment, 7 don’t have a clear title stating the state they’re in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #668 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 21:16:57 »
I've been thinking about this for awhile. Things kinda work ok around here so I haven't bothered to write it up. I do think it could be better though... my proposal would be to reduce the number of forums which would increase visibility and activity within a forum subject. It also allows good threads to not be missed because they're in a forum that most people don't visit:

Great Finds -> dont see a need for this
Member Auction Links -> realistically could just be part of regular classifieds ads
Reviews -> Should be posted in the section for what you're reviewing. Perhaps with a [REVIEW] prefix?
Ergonomics -> Post in the keyboards forum.
Other Geeky Stuff -> Its off topic.

I also have thought about the idea that we should do a separate for-sale and wanted forums to make it easier to sell through GH. Just being able to go into a forum and search for a term and get hits on people that are selling it vs. want it might make it a more popular place for people to post their stuff.

Anyway, just throwing my 2cents out there  :thumb:
-Dana

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #669 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 21:46:21 »

I've been thinking about this for awhile. Things kinda work ok around here so I haven't bothered to write it up. I do think it could be better though... my proposal would be to reduce the number of forums which would increase visibility and activity within a forum subject. It also allows good threads to not be missed because they're in a forum that most people don't visit:

Great Finds -> dont see a need for this
Member Auction Links -> realistically could just be part of regular classifieds ads
Reviews -> Should be posted in the section for what you're reviewing. Perhaps with a [REVIEW] prefix?
Ergonomics -> Post in the keyboards forum.
Other Geeky Stuff -> Its off topic.

I also have thought about the idea that we should do a separate for-sale and wanted forums to make it easier to sell through GH. Just being able to go into a forum and search for a term and get hits on people that are selling it vs. want it might make it a more popular place for people to post their stuff.

Anyway, just throwing my 2cents out there  :thumb:

Or people could use the forum like a forum and actually browse the subforums.

In my mind if you're looking for information on any of those things you listed above you go look in that subforum, that's why they are there, they help narrow things down so they can be found.

In the past we had members who would actually post great finds not just Ebay trolling.

And member auctions was created because classifieds auctions are against the rules (again many people don't seem to realize this place has rules).

And putting reviews in with everything else they'd get lost completely.

And the beauty of other geeky stuff is that it isn't off topic it's just not keyboard specific but still generally good information.

Off topic is just ramblings.

Not directed at you but I had no idea so many people didn't know how to use a forum because I've seen posts elsewhere from people who genuinely seem confused as to how to actually use this website.

This forum works like most any other forum I've ever used, maybe I'm getting old but a continuous stream of topics on a a single page where I have to use tags or filters to drill down isn't a forum.

Of course I have no idea how to use those newfangled things those other folks seem to think are better. Not really sure what to even call them.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #670 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 00:24:33 »
Would it be possible to change the default setting for images to inline expandable?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #671 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 20:25:46 »
option to hide specific threads?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #672 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 01:44:15 »

would like to push this again

ignoring users does not hide their threads, which shouldn't be too hard to add

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #673 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 01:22:38 »

me again

i'd still like this feature

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #674 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 19:44:00 »

me again

Less than a month since you last asked :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #675 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 14:46:22 »

me again

Less than a month since you last asked :p

The thread in question was bumped and I was annoyed

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #676 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 11:41:25 »
can we get a new common area to chit chat it up with some a these exalted ones and a gh forum on keebwisperers...lulz to myself...what up puddsy top clack misses you brother man...right on and dig...and whatnots

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #677 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 16:06:40 »

me again

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #678 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 21:40:26 »

me again

i feel that this is less necessary now but i would still like it in case anyone else wants to use it

Offline no, the other guy

• actually, this guy
« Reply #679 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 21:09:48 »
With the demise of both MSN (which is Skype today) and AIM (which is... just dead), it might be a good idea to remove those profile fields. While I could imagine that SMF 2.1 doesn't have them anymore anyway, it will be quite a while before they decide to release it, even longer before it gets here.
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Unicomp PC122 (review) * IBM Model F XT * Dell AT101W

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #680 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 18:51:12 »
Can we get someone to fix the issue where emotes break when you quote them with embedded pics.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #681 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 19:02:58 »
I was wondering when Geekhack will add support for embedding webms and other similar video alternatives to GIFs as GIFs are out of date, having issues with file size, image quality, and lack of audio support.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #682 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 19:16:19 »
I was wondering when Geekhack will add support for embedding webms and other similar video alternatives to GIFs as GIFs are out of date, having issues with file size, image quality, and lack of audio support.

What? Like expanding beyond the Youtube and Vimeo embedded video options? Could be dangerous in conjunction with a forum that was build ~10 years ago.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #683 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 01:36:48 »
Can we get someone to fix the issue where emotes break when you quote them with embedded pics.

That's a feature.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #684 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 01:38:37 »
Quote from: naaaaasfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That's a feature.

Show Image

>:D
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #685 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 01:48:52 »

That's a feature.

Show Image

Thread is "feature requests" after all.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #686 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 18:36:09 »

That's a feature.

Show Image

Thread is "feature requests" after all.

- _-

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #687 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 11:07:39 »
Thought I'd ask again in 2019 if there were any plans to take this forum to the current decade now that it's properly hosted. By current decade I only mean allowing embedding gifv, webm, mp4 or whatever format allows a compressed video to weigh way less than a regular gif (23 times for this one that I can't even embed in gif format). I shouldn't have to use Vimeo or Youtube in 2019 to share silent moving pictures, if anything it's annoying for the user, especially on mobile.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #688 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 12:29:31 »
Thought I'd ask again in 2019 if there were any plans to take this forum to the current decade now that it's properly hosted. By current decade I only mean allowing embedding gifv, webm, mp4 or whatever format allows a compressed video to weigh way less than a regular gif (23 times for this one that I can't even embed in gif format). I shouldn't have to use Vimeo or Youtube in 2019 to share silent moving pictures, if anything it's annoying for the user, especially on mobile.
Yes this should be easy atleast for gifv as the current Youtube mod for SMF actually includes a gifv embedding feature, but it's disabled for whatever reason. I'll Ping MDMatt to see if he can do anything about it :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #689 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 12:47:06 »
Yes this should be easy atleast for gifv as the current Youtube mod for SMF actually includes a gifv embedding feature, but it's disabled for whatever reason. I'll Ping MDMatt to see if he can do anything about it :)

Huh, interesting..

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #690 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 14:35:36 »

me again

i feel that this is less necessary now but i would still like it in case anyone else wants to use it

Still here

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #691 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 14:30:39 »
give me admin

user kmiller8 can't access the forum so I will add this feature for u guys since y'all are incapable
I love Elzy

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #692 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 21:32:31 »

Hey guys, I figured out a fix for this.

When you quote someone just botch the quote and the emotes will work again in your post :cool:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #693 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 06:57:14 »
Can we get more dog pictures. I feel like gh needs more dog.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #694 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 14:08:34 »
Would like an easy way to view top posts

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #695 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 14:49:31 »
What is a top post??

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #696 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:08:01 »
What is a top post??

maybe he means a "back to top" button?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #697 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:11:06 »
What is a top post??

I just use the home button for that when on a pc.

Or tapatalk has navigation buttons for that.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #698 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:25:27 »
What is a top post??

i alway just middle mouse

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #699 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:48:16 »
What is a top post??

i alway just middle mouse

I think he is talking about popular posts?