Author Topic: [IC] KAM_Superuser | GB: NOW LIVE UNTIL 2ND MARCH  (Read 183827 times)

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
Re: [IC] KAM_Superuser | 19/09 - Huge kitting update!
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 13:30:27 »
The updated 40s/ortho kitting is fantastic. I am very much looking forward to picking it up. Cheers!

Offline willfcc

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 18:28:39 »
Glad to see the VIM keys added, but how about a set in the MOD Standard and MOD Highlight color schemes, too?  And, move the arrows above the letters?
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 September 2020, 19:12:26 by willfcc »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #202 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 21:06:18 »
Glad to see the VIM keys added, but how about a set in the MOD Standard and MOD Highlight color schemes, too?  And, move the arrows above the letters?

+1 for base color with arrows.

Offline __init__

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 00:12:13 »
OMG those kit updates! Even more in love with this kit now!

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 04:38:07 »
It’s almost as if someone took GMK terminal, changed the colors to GMK Hammerhead and released it in a non GMK profile. I’m all about it. I’m also all about the memories of Windows 3.1. Oddly enough to open my favorite game which was on the B: drive (the actually floppy big floppy disks) I had to go out of windows 3.1 into DOS and yes launch the game from command line. The only two games I remember are one called Jones: Life in the fast lane and some other about old story books. I remember a humpty dumpty scene from the game.

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 04:47:36 »
Thanks for the update and for the new ISO kit!

I have only one issue which is the [~/] prefix in the mod_terminal kit legends. It looks nice (but imho a little bit crowded with the repetition) on a standard bottom row:

[~/]>ctrl_   [~/]>su_   [~/]>alt_

But it looks a bit weird on Tsangan bottom row:

[~/]>ctrl_   >su_   [~/]>alt_

1.5u wide Ctrl and Alt have the new prefix, but the 1u Code doesn't.

Offline aotoki

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 06:05:29 »
i would really enjoy a DSA superuser set

Offline stin

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 11:24:49 »
This would be my first drop/group buy. What's an average development time for a set like this?

Should I be expecting this to take place in like a few months, or like a year?

Looking forward to it tho! :)

Offline geewiz

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 12:13:43 »
i would really enjoy a DSA superuser set

Since KAM is a uniform profile just like DSA, this set should be right up your alley!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 14:24:41 »
This would be my first drop/group buy. What's an average development time for a set like this?

Should I be expecting this to take place in like a few months, or like a year?

Looking forward to it tho! :)
KAM Ghost has an estimate of an 8 month timeline, so I personally am going to expect KAM Superuser to show up at my doorstep around 1 year after the groupbuy closes

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 06:17:35 »
Only if the groupbuy is far far from now. Keyreative is so far behind with buys right now.

Offline Sundowning

• Slime Scholar Caps
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 17:07:56 »
I am in ;)

Offline smej

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 02:21:22 »
I can't wait  :p
I need this for my first custom keyboard  :cool:

Offline mvreenv

« Reply #213 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 02:27:44 »
I love how the legend placement on the keys was rearranged, and thank you for fixing the international kits  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2020, 02:33:01 by mvreenv »

Offline posph

« Reply #214 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 03:49:06 »
I hope that the colors do not differ too much from the renderings

Offline FreshFromTheGrave

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 07:31:41 »
I hope that the colors do not differ too much from the renderings

I've done my best to match the renders to my physical Pantone swatches, and my display is calibrated and profiled with an X-Rite colorimeter. I've also photographed the Pantone swatches on page 2. So that's really the best that I can do for now and once the samples come through I will be photographing those as well :)

The last thing I want is for there to be any surprises for anyone!

Offline davydav

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 11:39:57 »
So, I know a lot of changes have been made to the kits already, but I'll still try my luck : would it be possible to add the necessary keys to one of the international kits to have something similar to this : https://i.imgur.com/n3XpRDu.png

Thanks again for all the great work, and as I said, I'll be in anyway ;)

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 12:31:33 »
So, I know a lot of changes have been made to the kits already, but I'll still try my luck : would it be possible to add the necessary keys to one of the international kits to have something similar to this : https://i.imgur.com/n3XpRDu.png

Which keys are you missing and for which language/layout? It's possible something has been omitted by accident again (although I swear I checked everything).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 16:17:06 »

Which keys are you missing and for which language/layout? It's possible something has been omitted by accident again (although I swear I checked everything).

The referred kit covers languages not addressed by KAM SU, like Spanish. There may be others but SP is the one that I can spot at first sight. I had the same question as the OP.

Offline davydav

« Reply #219 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 16:20:18 »

I'm sure you did, didn't wanna put that into question at all :) but as someone pointed out in the thread, apparently ISO-FR and ISO-DE are different from INTL north or south. What I basically miss is the Apple ISO-FR layout :

Now I'm sure some stuff here is too specific to Apple, but I think R1 and R4 are pretty standard ISO-FR.

Offline ILikeShorts

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 16:31:32 »
I'm surprised I haven't seen this come up yet, but as you are using a mono space font, would not a mono legends kit (numbers and symbols and special characters) be perfect for it? On an ortholinear or staggered columnar board every legend would be aligned perfectly, just like you'd expect with a mono space font. I don't see any ortho renders, and the effect is not as noticable on a row staggered keyboard. That's the one thing stopping me from being in on this set.

Offline randomlamer

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 03:45:34 »
I'm probably in the extreme minority, but is there a chance to add an ortho 60% kit with blank keycaps in the Pantone 4280 C color?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 04:45:27 »

I'm sure you did, didn't wanna put that into question at all :) but as someone pointed out in the thread, apparently ISO-FR and ISO-DE are different from INTL north or south. What I basically miss is the Apple ISO-FR layout :
Show Image

Now I'm sure some stuff here is too specific to Apple, but I think R1 and R4 are pretty standard ISO-FR.

ISO-DE is covered by North kits.

The referred kit covers languages not addressed by KAM SU, like Spanish. There may be others but SP is the one that I can spot at first sight. I had the same question as the OP.

ISO-ES is covered by South kits.

Edit: A few keys appear to be missing, though, e.g. |°¬, ´¨, -_, '?/.
FreshFromTheGrave, I suggest cross-referencing the South kit with this if you haven't already.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2020, 04:58:47 by konstantin »

Offline grimmaniac

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 04:48:19 »
And KAM is a uniform profile, so you should be able to shift caps around to get the AZERTY.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 XL mit Tapatalk

Offline cam

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 05:09:11 »

Show Image

I know that situation as a French mac user... It sucks. And AZERTY sucks so much too. Just thinking about the fact that you have to use shift key to get numbers is so dumb.

The solution I found for myself is going standard. I can't say I tested all layouts but I had to use a Norwegian QWERTY some years ago and it made me realise that AZERTY is the worst!
Check this link if you're interested in how to do French accents on a QWERTY keyboard (link in English) using ASCII codes. There is also this link that can be helpful (link in French).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #225 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 08:25:50 »
I'm surprised I haven't seen this come up yet, but as you are using a mono space font, would not a mono legends kit (numbers and symbols and special characters) be perfect for it? On an ortholinear or staggered columnar board every legend would be aligned perfectly, just like you'd expect with a mono space font. I don't see any ortho renders, and the effect is not as noticable on a row staggered keyboard. That's the one thing stopping me from being in on this set.

Please no. Mono legend does not make sense for AltGr symbols. All international keys are downgraded grotesque.

Offline GEIST

• schwarzgrau
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 09:55:05 »
I'm probably in the extreme minority, but is there a chance to add an ortho 60% kit with blank keycaps in the Pantone 4280 C color?

I would be in too. I would love to have this set for my preonic, but only if it would be possible to have all keys in one color, since the mod - alphas separation looks kind of weird on my layout.

Offline ILikeShorts

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 11:31:18 »

Please no. Mono legend does not make sense for AltGr symbols. All international keys are downgraded grotesque.

I mean, you're not forced to buy it? I'm just sharing something I thought would look good.

Offline ILikeShorts

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 11:32:07 »

I would be in too. I would love to have this set for my preonic, but only if it would be possible to have all keys in one color, since the mod - alphas separation looks kind of weird on my layout.

Agreed, matching mods would look fantastic.

« Reply #229 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 05:18:46 »
Edit: A few keys appear to be missing, though, e.g. |°¬, ´¨, -_, '?/.
FreshFromTheGrave, I suggest cross-referencing the South kit with this if you haven't already.

Thanks K! I have been using that resource but I actually decided to trim the language support a little. So my South kit is supporting Italian, Spanish and Portuguese but not LatAm Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese. Similar thing for North where I decided not to include Icelandic just so I didn't balloon the kits too much (I think they're already quite large!).

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 09:12:19 »
Love the kitting for this now that they have been updated will for sure be getting multiple 40s mods kits and alphas at the very least.

Offline Pyk_

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 09:38:33 »
I would love mono legends, too. Though I would guess there isn’t enough interest.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 09:34:44 »

I mean, you're not forced to buy it? I'm just sharing something I thought would look good.

Sorry, my bad for expressing my opinion, just as you did.  :))

But you are right, I should wait to see if the set stays the way it is, or if it turns into a different animal. Just as we always do. But thank you for pointing it out.

Offline pRoDeeD

• MouseMods
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:34:17 »
I want this so bad!!!!

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 12:12:50 »
The trailer, renders, and animations for this are crazy.  I've never seen an IC this polished before.

Offline ILikeShorts

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 13:45:22 »

Sorry, my bad for expressing my opinion, just as you did.  :))

But you are right, I should wait to see if the set stays the way it is, or if it turns into a different animal. Just as we always do. But thank you for pointing it out.

All good. I wouldn't want it to screw up any of the usefulness of the international keys. Only if it could be done well.

As an English speaker, I was thinking more selfishly. I also use a very customized layout, s I don't have <> on my shifted ,. keys. My little selfish reason for mono legends.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 14:41:08 »
Why no Vim keys?  They would seem like the perfect fit for a terminal server themed kit.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 14:42:45 »
Never mind me. There Are Vim keys. I will surely get this set. Not many Vim supporting sets of late.

Offline keebnewb

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 16:07:05 »
The trailer for this set is amazing! Really love the theme

Offline EURA

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 19:45:13 »
I'm so excited for this set!! This presentation is everything

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 20:29:22 »
Fresshhhhhh!! No wonder your name is Fresh!

These are insane. The slickest presentation I've seen on Geekhack so far, and by far. Maybe a little behind ours though ;) Jk.

Good luck on this set.

P.S. I wish these were Cherry profiles otherwise I'd put my money down immediately.

Offline basboo

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 09:29:26 »
damn i love this set, and count me in once the GB open. i just wonder how KAM profile compare to XDA?

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 12:56:54 »
damn i love this set, and count me in once the GB open. i just wonder how KAM profile compare to XDA?
I posted a detailed comparison before in this thread.

Offline ndom91

• ndo.dev
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 08:01:40 »
Oh man I can't wait for this either. No dates yet, right?

Offline Xonuss

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 16:27:07 »
This set is very nice! If I may provide a suggestion and it's not too late to make changes, I would very much like to see a 1.75u escape keycap to put instead of the capslock. This is considering you already have provided keycaps for vim-like hjkl controls, so being able to have a matching cap for an escape remap would be absolutely amazing!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 16:34:21 »
This set is very nice! If I may provide a suggestion and it's not too late to make changes, I would very much like to see a 1.75u escape keycap to put instead of the capslock. This is considering you already have provided keycaps for vim-like hjkl controls, so being able to have a matching cap for an escape remap would be absolutely amazing!

While I do not use the caps lock key - instead, I use the control key - I do not see people who need it very happy to have it replaced by an ESC cap; that is, the first time I heard should replace the caps lock.

Offline Xonuss

« Reply #246 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 16:43:05 »

While I do not use the caps lock key - instead, I use the control key - I do not see people who need it very happy to have it replaced by an ESC cap; that is, the first time I heard should replace the caps lock.

I wouldn't want to get rid of the caps lock keycap from the set, I just wanted to see the addition of a similar 1.75u escape. From what I've see , remapping the caps lock key to escape seems like a fairly common practice for users of a unix-based OS. For myself, I find capslock hardly ever used.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #247 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 21:35:37 »

I wouldn't want to get rid of the caps lock keycap from the set, I just wanted to see the addition of a similar 1.75u escape. From what I've see , remapping the caps lock key to escape seems like a fairly common practice for users of a unix-based OS. For myself, I find capslock hardly ever used.

By fairly common, you mean 1 in how many? If my own anecdotal experience of some years at GH and 7k post is worth something, you are the first to mention it.

Offline psxndc

[IC] KAM_Superuser | 19/09 - Huge kitting update!
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 21:55:23 »
By fairly common, you mean 1 in how many? If my own anecdotal experience of some years at GH and 7k post is worth something, you are the first to mention it.
Not with respect to the 1.75u caps lock key specifically, but almost all ortho sets replace the caps lock key with a 1u ESC key (and TAB) because the ESC key in the caps lock position is the default mapping for the planck and preonic.
Ortho. Always.

Offline Xonuss

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 00:24:23 »

I was indeed hesitant to use the word common, as it's far from the majority doing so and I also might have oversold i by implying the general unix user, as I suppose it more strictly applies to users of Vim. But I still believe in that regards, remapping the escape to another key is not uncommon. Doesn't have to be caps, I've also heard mentioned control, tab, jj (double tap on j) etc. I just prefer the caps key, hence my original suggestion.